ttc#1 new looking for buddy!

I think we all do! Way way WAAAAYY back in the way back of our thoughts! Haha

I don't think it's as way back as I wish it would. lol AF got me right on schedule....lame brains!

Hope I can join in ladies!!

I am 29, DH is 30. We've been TTCing for #1 about 4-5 months now. Together 13 years.

Welcome stiletto_mom! This is a great group of ladies so feel free to ask questions/share/vent all of the lovely and not so lovely parts of your journey.:)

I ordered some ovulation strips today...what am I doing to myself? I know all they do is frustrate me. lol I did buy a different brand this time so I am hoping they will be better than the wondfo's.

I absolutely loved the Clearblue digi strips. I got a box that had at least 20 or so strips in it with the test stick. A bit pricier than just strips but it made things super easy, I'd get either a circle or a smiley and since I had been charting I kinda knew when to expect O and I wouldn't use many strips each month so it lasted awhile :thumbup:

Clearblue_Easy_Digital_Ovulation_Test.jpg

https://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-digital-ovulation-test.php​

mamabunny-The problem is that my cycles have been alllll kinds of crazy since September. I have been charting, though the day I ovulate has has ranged from CD9 one month - cd 40 another. I had some testing done and they think the cause could be elevated DHEA so I have to see an endocrinologist on Monday. They already told me I will probably be put on medication to level out my hormones so I am going to use the cheap ones in the beginning, then if it helps and I start having a somewhat normal cycle I will switch to the digital ones. I will have to keep those in mind. :)

Michele- Ughhh, I am sorry af got you. :(

Most of you know that my hubby lost his job right after the holidays. Well, I am happy to say he finally found something! Yay!! Things have really been tough so hopefully we can get ourselves back on our feet quickly. :)

Yay!! That's great Jules! I'm sure it seemed like forever for you guys, but that's actually pretty fast! So that's nice!! And good luck at the Dr on Monday! Keep us posted!!

Thank you!!! I am so glad it didn't take too long for him to find something. It felt like forever, I make ok money but without another income we were only just making it so it was getting stressful.

I will make sure to update you guys how everything goes on Monday! Hopefully I get some answers out of the appt.

Have a great weekend! And Michele, your bday is on Monday right? Any Birthday plans this weekend?

My birthday is Monday! wellllll we were supposed to go to the black hawks/bruins game on sunday... of course that was more for my husband, but something for us to do! well he originally was going to leave this morning and go to Virginia with a friend, and then be back sunday more and we'd just go to that game after he landed at the airport... well yesterday the guys decided its too damn cold in Virginia so they changed their flights and went to Tampa Florida to golf! so now he isn't coming back until midnight sunday! and then we both had taken Monday off.... but our only plans are to get his cars emissions! hahahahaah! we are sooo fun! I was upset about the hockey game tho! im not a huge hockey fan but I was looking forward to getting OUT and doing something fun! birthdays are just another day around here!

My only plans this weekend, is tomorrow im going to go see 50 shades of Grey tomorrow night with a girl friend... so tonight I ordered pizza, made some brownies, and will have a glass of wine in a bubble bath!! :happydance: haha! I may go do some shopping tomorrow too!

Im actually happy that my husband is gone this weekend, we both have been so stressed, I was getting annoyed with him, and im sure he was with me too!! haha! but of course I already miss him and I hate sleeping alone! thank god for my puppy!!

So I wanted to update you ladies with the results of my appt.

It isn't confirmed until I get some blood tests done to rule some other stuff out, but the doctor said he is almost positive that I have PCOS. :( Good news is he said there is no evidence of cysts and medication should help even things out.

I am happy that I am getting some answers, but bummed that is a little more serious than I thought. I get the test results next week and will be back to see him in 3 weeks to determine medication. At this point if it is PCOS then he is going to put me on metformin? I have never heard of it so I am going to do some research.

:( I'm sorry Jules. But finally getting answers! I'm here for ya! We all are! I have not heard of the medicine either so research is always a good idea!.... Usually! Haha!
I was talking to a friend today and she got married a year before we did, and was asking her about when they plan to have kids, and at asked how it was going for us, she knew I was worried about it before, so I told her and she tells me a story that he had a friend who tried for a few years and did tests and both her and husband were healthy they just never were able to concieve their own so they just adopted, and I need to not worry and stress so much that then it will happen..... And I thought, THIS is exactly why I don't tell outsiders, like people don't get it!!

Sorry to hear that jules :-(

I have told no one we are trying to conceive outside of these forums. I'm already discouraged and I don't want to hear people say it'll happen when it happens or don't stress and then it'll happen and blah blah. Lol I don't need nor want to hear it . Af should be gone in a couple days and then we'll start trying again, and I'll still expect af to come again. Vicious cycle over and over it is. Lol.

I definetly regret telling people, but I did tell a few before I even knew it'd be so hard! Stupid to do! Haha!

Thanks ladies. I did some research and metformin seems to get good reviews, especially for fertility so that makes me feel a little better. I also feel good about my doctor because there are a lot of different medications that I could be on, but he said that since we are TTC that he will only put me on medication that will help us with that process. Now the wait continues!

Trust me, I have learned my lesson on telling people anything about TTC. I told my mom this morning about everything and she said that once I am on the medicine we better start using protection so I don't end up like my brother. Really?! My brother can't take care of his kids or pay his bills because he is on heroin and had a gf that was just as bad who left him for a drug dealer. I don't ever see myself in that situation.
My one friend going through infertility issues told me it isn't fair if I have a baby because she doesn't have one and she is older.
People are legit cray if they think those reasons would stop us from TTC! I don't care if we have a baby and everyone gets angry, its our choice so they can take it or leave it. lol

All of you ladies have been so supportive and I am so grateful for you! Despite each of our situation we are there for each other and understand one another. Ef all the haters! lol :)

I won't say it'll happen when it's meant to happen bc my OH would say that to me and I'd get so irritated :growlmad: I do have an example of endless trying and a happy ending: my good friend and her DH were TTC and after over a year or two (?) looked into things and found out she had endometriosis as well as celiac disease (she can't eat gluten foods). Her DH's SA checked out fine. I'm not aware of any other issues they had, if any. It took some time but after a total of around 5 years they conceived their son who is now about a year and a half old... and are now expecting their second! She had recently removed her IUD and BD on only ONE day the month it happened. She is two weeks ahead of me so what a surprise!

It can definitely happen. Our bodies are amazing and unique. The waiting is terrible but don't lose hope! And what an amazing surprise it will be when it does :hugs:

Jules, that's a terrible thing to say! Like you and your brother are 2 different people!!

For the longest time any time somethig came up about me ever getting pregnant, like my whole life, not just recently, my mother would be like "oh dear god no! You will NOT have a child".... Like regardless of if I was married or not, I've ALWAYS wanted Children and I never understood why she couldn't just be happy! Well obvi I never got knocked up, and she still reminds me how thankful she is I never did!.... Now here I am struggling and I'm like WTF lady! Did you curse me!? Lol

Just because one person doesn't have their head on straight doesn't mean it's the same for everyone!!

I'm so thankful I found this site and have connected with you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->