TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

went by and talked to the doc... apparently i dont actually need to get the baseline day 2. he assumes i may have gotten a cyst as my period is being poky about turning up. but since im not starting stims til june 1 he said i can get my baseline on may 31 when i get back from philly... yay also got my "please let her have needles" letter for the plane

Good that things are moving on, good news about Philadelphia trip. :thumbup:

lils-massive congrats.everything crossed for u x

afm still got awful cramps and got a school to discover reports are due a wk before i thought they were.busy half term for me.think i will be iv before i get my results-i teach in ealing but live near st albans so cd only get an after 4.30 appt for then.guess it won't change waiting a bit longer.will give me the hols to process. love to all vx

St Albans is gorgeous. Love the pancake shop! Used to live in Hoddesdon, and BF lives nr Old Stevenage. Reports r pants. I'll be externally marking over half term, so no hols for me either! Money will go to pay off my share of the ICSI we had in March. Failed. Great. Good luck!:hugs:

LilS I think 24 sounds good for 12dpo but like you say it is all about the doubling so I'll keep everything crossed for that :thumbup:

good morning ladies :flower:
the sun is shinning - yay!! (well in the UK anyway) it makes a nice change. :)
hope you all have a fab day!
nothing new to report here so huge loves and :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to everyone

Hello girls, how are you all?

Lil-I agree with Butterfly, and am sure that those numbers will double, so hang on in there and try to KEEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!! GL, hun, Axxx:flower: P.S. I loved the 9.5 film, and good old JT did the music for it! We were all in the Sixth Form when it came out, and fell in love with a bit of rough Mickey Rourke! I actually didn't get round to copying him and Kim's moves till I got to college :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Purps-:hugs:

Debs-have you done any running since the weekend? Keep it up girl! Wow-you've lost 2.5 stone, that's incredible work! :hugs:

Carole-I so hope that you are okay? Looking forward to seeing a pic of little Zara! Big :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss: to you both, Axxxx

Butterfly-how are you hun?? Big :hugs: to you! On days like this, I wish I was self-employed! It looks lovely outside, and I'm stuck in this flippin' classroom! Booo hiss!!!! :hugs:

Lady H-we are here for you whenever! :hugs:

Bearlake-are you okay? Come and join the party, don't hide! We can all support each other! Don't forget, I had a failed ICSI/IVF too, and we can offer each other support! Maybe I'm just needy! :hugs:

Hello Greek Princess! xx

Hi everybody, to all those I haven't named, and all those I have, big :hugs: to you all!

I dreamt last night of having implantation pains!! Ha ha ha, what a laugh! I'm sure my temps are affected by having Georgie the cat sleep on my head every night! Hey ho, que sera sera! :haha:

Hooray! And so say all of us!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18143587

:hugs:

Dwrgi - I was just reading the same thing myself!! Yay!!

the whole postcode lottery is just dire!!

Hey Dwrgi, I used to live right by Hoddesdon in Stanstead Abbotts!

Small world eh?

C
x

ha ha, yeah they lived down the road...

We always had the Beckhams driving around too. :)

Hope everyone is having a good day! So happy it's sunny here in Michigan ;)

Had my day 14 u/s yesterday and they saw 2 follies, 23mm and 27mm. Then I got my +OPK this morning -- woo hoo! They wanted me to take an injection of Ovidrel to start my LH surge, but I opted not to. So glad I didn't!

Anyone familiar with sizes of follicles? Is 23mm and 27mm too large? Maybe the Clomid helps make them bigger?

Hi ladies!!
hope everyone is doing well today...

Lils - wow your temp really shot up today!!! I hope that is a great sign!! Re: Beta level 24 at 12DPO - I think if you implanted at 9DPO then that is barely 3 days so I think it would be low...My sister's last pregnancy the beta levels were quite low and they didn't think it was going to work (but it did!).... Hoping and praying for the doubling!!! :hugs::hugs:

Lady H - lurk away hun and GL this week on the ov. front!:thumbup:

Dr. S - glad the timing is going to work out for you..:thumbup:. enjoy your Philly trip! We're going there (close to there this summer) - taking AD to "Sesame Place" in PA for a few days - 9 hr. drive for us...

Froliky - 9.5 weeks - wow hun! Enjoy the reading! :hugs:

Asry - how are you doing?:flower:

Manu - you still there?:winkwink:

HTJ - YAY!! for IUI going well!! and your chart looks like timing was right on this time with your temp going up today!! :thumbup:Fx for you hun...:flower::hugs:

Dwrgi & Nessaw - our teachers - GL on those reports!! (my sister is also a teacher and she complains about the reports too!!) I'd love to have her work hours though.:winkwink:

Dwrgi - thanks for that link - very interesting.... so does that mean if your under 39 in the UK that the gov't pays (or helps financially) with IVF?? Our only helps here if you have both tubes blocked...(I think) and I think it may only be 1 try - but don't quote me. Hope you are feeling better today.. Interesting dream!:hugs:

Grkprn - YAY for 2 large follies!! Not sure about the sizes (I think the 23 mm sounds great -but don't quote me) Yes I believe the Clomid does make them larger (but again I'm no expert!!) GL and all limbs crossed for you!:thumbup:

Purple - I need to get over to your journal... hope you are doing well!:hugs:

HA - hope things are going ok for you!!! I need to check your journal later as well....:hugs:

Pad - how are you today hun?? Okay this is a totally dumb question - but is this progesterone you mentioned "400mg cyclogest... but was saving it for a BFP as I am on 1200mg a day from bfp"....???? I know I asked if you were on progesterone so thought that might be it.... I don't know much about meds....:dohh:

Carole - I hope you and Zara are okay and you're enjoying every moment!!!:hugs::hugs:

Hello to everyone I missed....

AFM - back to work today (and my boss is back tomorrow -after he was away on business for 12 days so things will be quite 'hairy' tomorrow if you know what I mean....)...I'm dreading it. The weather was so beautiful this weekend and looks like it's staying in the 20's C all week!! yay for summer...:thumbup: I am not feeling great about this cycle so far... my temps are looking all weird and not spiked as much as last cycle... who knows.

Have a great day everyone!!!
xoxo

sesame place is awesome.. your dd should LOVE it. i used to love going there as a kid. lots of cool stuff in philly too like the please touch museum.

still no af.. glad it doesnt matter =) im sure it will wait til i step on the plane tonight

thanks Dr.S - yah I know she is gonna love it - and it's kind of a secret passion of mine - Love Love Sesame Street and Jim Henson -wanted to get into childrens tv when I graduated - I even built TV puppets for a while but nothing came of it... We are staying in NJ (Princeton) as it's only a half hour drive to Sesame Place from there and then also going to Adventure Aquarium in NJ on the way back. Last year was our first road trip to the US -we went to North Carolina..

Hope AF comes for you at a good time - and NOT when you are stepping on the plane!
have a fantastic trip visiting your family!

xo

Hey all!

Dash yup Cyclogest is progesterone... we have it as vaginal pessaries here (YUK) and I am on usually 800 mg a day, but when I had my ED i went to 1200mg a day... which is blooming loads!!! YUKKY! No one actually knows if I need all of these meds... my consultant is just chucking everything she can think off at me to get a baby to survive. Even though she thinks all mine have been boys and I have a lethal chromosome translocation for males... but hey ho!

Hit that spike looks mighty impressive to me.... I reckon you will be the next bfp!

Fro your baby is now a fetus yayay!!

Dwrgi - yup I ran on Sat and Sun and today... though today was hard work! and don't be too impressed by the 2.5 stone, it has taken me 2 years to shift! LOL Plus I still want to lose another 1.5 stone. Am also hoping it will help me get pregnant... it has been exactly a year since I was pregnant last and I know I have deliberately been giving my self a rest.... but I really want June to work... though am also mindful that if it doesn't I will be crushed!! LOL

Lils I think that your betas are fine.... if you had said a result of 5 that would be something to worry about.... but you didn't. Am hoping and hoping for a lovely doubling for you xxx

Am too scared to call my consultant re: IVF... it will be a massive post code lottery and despite me only just turning 40 and having the whole genetic crap I think they will say no and make me go to the hospital where we are going to.... but I really don't want to leave my lovely consultant... sometimes the Army just screws everything up... I finally have a nice house, good job and loads of weddings to go to down here and the blooming army moves us right in the middle of it all.... pah to the Army!!

Whinge over...

Hello everyone else!! Neesaw, Purps, Asry, Carole... where is Zara??

It's worth an ask Pad! You never know perhaps you'll get lucky and get a yes!!

Surrey won't fund me if I am about to move to Gloucestershire... but just for you Purps I will call her tomorrow and ask.... I bet she has been inundated today! LOL

I wonder what Gloucesters ivf level is, you know some trusts offer 2 or 3 goes! Whilsts others only offer 1

Just a quick update ladies. I have just got a positive OPK. I'm so excited I didn't think it would happen so early. Will keep you all updated. XXX

Pad - that's great - sorry you totally have it covered - sorry for my stupid question re: progesterone... I guess I was curious ... I really don't know all the UK terms for a lot of what you guys are talking about ie. postal lottery??? what is that?

Chicken - that is great!!! yay for ov!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"