TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

:cry: OMG dwrgi, I'm shocked and so very sad to see you leave. You've always been such a great cheerleader for all of us. I'll miss your posts terribly. Take care of yourself sweetie. We'll be thinking about you :hugs::cry:

Dwrgi - I pray that lots of joy come your way real soon!!! Your optimism has really kept me going for the past few months - seriously!! All will be well dear!! :hugs: and :hugs: and :hugs:.

dwrgi-u will be sorely missed.your words of wisdom fun and support are irreplaceable.thank you for all of them.take care of yourself.hope the return to school is calm-as calm as it can be!vx

dashka-i think u should go for it.i haven't moved schools for the 2yrs thinking it would be v hard to go to a new place then turn around and say i'm pregnant.i really regret it.you can work out time off.take a chance!

dwrgi take care. You have been such a wonderful supporter of everyone, that's clear even to recently-joined members like myself. We wish you well on the next steps of your journey. xx

dashka, I think you should at least go for the interview. You never know what might happen and it might be perfect or it might be total rubbish and you won't be missing anything :wacko::hugs::hugs:

Maddy – Um, I don’t think you can call camping in sub-zero temps boring!!! Crazy, but not boring! :haha: I might even venture to classify that as an extreme sport! :thumbup: (lol). They should add that one to the Olympics :winkwink: Hang in there, honey. I don’t have the magic potion (yet) but my advice is that it does “help” to try to schedule fun outings, me-time, relaxation/meditation/reiki/acupuncture, etc if you can, get into a really awesome book or TV series, watch movies, get out into nature, take a hot bath with fancy bath bomb or bubbles in candlelight, etc – Just try to treat yourself with a lot of love & nurturing & be easy on yourself during all of this & it will “somewhat” make up for the bullsh** you have to deal with daily. It’s all about balance (but you are still going to have sh**y days - that’s normal & that’s partly what we’re here for) :flower:

Chicken –yeah, I guess my definition of big storm is a little too skewed after being hit with 6 hurricanes over 2 years back in 04-05 :haha:. Silly, isn’t it? Now if it’s not ripping my roof off, it’s a “little storm” :haha::wacko: I’m so glad you are going for consult. It really doesn’t hurt just to get a few initial bloods & at our age, the sooner the better :hugs:

Moon – yeah, folate is more easily absorbable (Dashka referred me to FolaPro – you can google). Btw, don’t drink any teas with tannins around the time you take folate/folic acid as it apparently messes with the absorption too (can’t find my article, but I think 1 cup around that time may not hurt?). Um, if you & DH dtd during very fertile EWCM, I take it you took precautions if you are saying it was wasted? Never heard of CoQ10 increasing CM, but idk. EPO does & works pretty fast. Were you affected by any of the 300 earthquakes the other day?

Purps – Eeek, hope the doggies are OK, now! Hope you are feeling great these days. How’s your dad doing now?

DrH – ugh, sorry you got the Which one is yours question. :hugs: So glad you quit your other job – its is very important to try to keep stress levels down as much as you can. Stress isn’t going ot kill you & is sometimes pretty healthy, it’s just “too much stress” (as if we could measure it, right?) is bad all around. I used to get periods 1-2x/yr (once went 1.5 yrs no AF) due to stress (80-hr -110-hr weeks!). Mind you at that time I didn’t mind so much, but it’s not healthy to do that & defo not during TTC. But you know that being a Dr. :winkwink:

Dashka – First, sending sunshiny :hugs::hugs::hugs: your way. I know we had this conversation, but I just want you to know I am here for you & totally understand where you are coming from. About the job – wow, that’s what we’ve been discussing right? But, I’m thinking out loud, here. If you really would want that job (closer, better, etc) I would prob go for the interview. If you did get it, then they can't argue if you need a few sick days or have Dr appts right? If you did get it but change your mind, you can politely let them know that your personal situation has changed & discuss w/them your need for IVF & see what they say? If you didn't get it, then no decisions need to be made anyway. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad – ugh, I’m so sorry you have to deal w/this thyroid crap :grr::grr::grr:!!! That’s all fine & dandy if they adjusted your dosage, but concurrently they should have set up an appt with you for a re-test to see if it worked! That would have made you feel much better at least right? Like, um, can you care just a LITTLE please? :trouble: Call up & demand monthly blood tests to monitor it until it gets to normal & let them know (in case they have no clue) that this is very serious as you are trying to get pregnant & this could be fatal to a baby! If they say they know you are trying, then they just shot themselves in the foot bc they should have told you the dangers of TTC w/serious thyroid prob – WTF?! :growlmad: Puts them between a rock & a hard place that way. Oh Pad – I really hope this gets sorted soon! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi: everyone else that is lurking! I’ve been having to stick to shorter posts to those who’ve posted since I’ve last been on bc work has been/will be crazy over the next 1.5 months as our fiscal year ends 9/30. I need to spend more time doing relaxation techniques to combat the stress, & it’s really barely started yet. (you are all prob like – thank God, those long posts drive me crazy! lol) But I hope you are all doing well!!!

AFM – not sure what’s going on w/FF. Weird month like so many others are experiencing. I defin O’d, but got major temp drop today (which is fine I guess), but w/EWCM & other pre-O signs??? :shrug: What am I O’ing twice in one cycle now or something? Will have to consult Dr Google. Ah, whatever, I’ll just go with it - whatevs. Purps, I’ll be Weird O Yankovic, so you have a buddy! :haha: Maybe it’s the double full moon in August, or the blue moon this month that’s wreaking havoc on us all (once every 2-3 yrs)… Idk, that just sounded good. :winkwink:

Big round of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to everyone – I’ll buy this round! And massive, major fairy :baby::dust: to all in 2WW. Where is that fairy anyway? She hasn’t made an appearance in a loooong time, we are way overdue for a visit or 2 (or 20)!!!

Dashka – First, sending sunshiny :hugs::hugs::hugs: your way. I know we had this conversation, but I just want you to know I am here for you & totally understand where you are coming from. About the job – wow, that’s what we’ve been discussing right? But, I’m thinking out loud, here. If you really would want that job (closer, better, etc) I would prob go for the interview. If you did get it, then they can't argue if you need a few sick days or have Dr appts right? If you did get it but change your mind, you can politely let them know that your personal situation has changed & discuss w/them your need for IVF & see what they say? If you didn't get it, then no decisions need to be made anyway. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Lils (and everyone else)... I contacted her today re: interview -just going to be hard to fit in 2 interviews (2 consecutive days) + RE appointment all early next week! A bit stressed here!!:wacko::wacko: The job is about same distance from home as now just different direction - and would make it way way more difficult to go from IVF cycle treatments to there - I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there - I would most likely postpone IVF anyway if I got it.... Why does it all have to happen the same week - like my brain can't process what I want that quickly!:dohh:
(BTW - this job is related to nutrition in a way)

AFM – not sure what’s going on w/FF. Weird month like so many others are experiencing. I defin O’d, but got major temp drop today (which is fine I guess), but w/EWCM & other pre-O signs??? :shrug: What am I O’ing twice in one cycle now or something? Will have to consult Dr Google. Ah, whatever, I’ll just go with it - whatevs. Purps, I’ll be Weird O Yankovic, so you have a buddy! :haha: Maybe it’s the double full moon in August, or the blue moon this month that’s wreaking havoc on us all (once every 2-3 yrs)… Idk, that just sounded good. :winkwink:

umm.... could that be a 7DPO implantation dip???? oh FX for you hun!!! :thumbup:Have you ever got EWCM when you implanted before?:hugs::hugs:

don't have much time today - but want to send everyone big :hugs::hugs::hugs: and :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Well I popped off to see my GP and he was lovely, he didn't have much faith in temping but understood my concerns and has arranged for me to go and have day 21 bloods done. I'm CD29 today so just waiting for AF to turn up (which I'm sure she will tomorrow) then I can get them booked in and see what's happening down there. Incidentally he did say he didn't think I should be worrying until we have been trying for 2 years :saywhat:

Dash - Oh boy, when it rains it pours right? you are going to need those meditation tapes next week Dash, but I am sure you will get through it all w/flying colors. It "looks" like this big scary thing right now, but don't let it get you anxious. :flower: Once you have a plan in place, it will all fall together. Makes it tough its in another direction though.:nope: Is everything set up now? Maybe she won't mind conducting your interviews at 6 or 6:30? Oh yay its sorta related to nutrition!!! :happydance::thumbup:

umm.... could that be a 7DPO implantation dip???? oh FX for you hun!!! :thumbup:Have you ever got EWCM when you implanted before?:hugs::hugs:

Yeah if it was just the temps I wouldn't have an issue, but no I've never ever had EWCM post-O or on preg months.:shrug: And having..umm...other pre-O "feelings" :blush:. So wondering if some kind of 2nd Ov like Owl had, or maybe my progesterone is insufficient to stave off the estrogen surge. I need to stop over-analyzing stuff, but I can't learn anything if I don't ask questions... And can't learn new things if it always happens the same way, right? Thank you for the FX, who knows? :wacko:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well I popped off to see my GP and he was lovely, he didn't have much faith in temping but understood my concerns and has arranged for me to go and have day 21 bloods done. I'm CD29 today so just waiting for AF to turn up (which I'm sure she will tomorrow) then I can get them booked in and see what's happening down there. Incidentally he did say he didn't think I should be worrying until we have been trying for 2 years :saywhat:

Well, I'm glad you got it arranged Chicken. It never hurts & will be interesting bc you can compare your chart to what your CD21 bloods say :thumbup:. And can you imagine waiting 2 YEARS at our age? :nope: If I'm not mistaken, isn't that sometimes the protocol for women under 35 in UK? Guess it doesn't matter as long as he is at least willing to work with you on that - yay! :happydance::thumbup: :hugs:

Most GPs say a year for under 35 but 6 months for +35. But they like you to be actively trying in that time. He did say he wouldn't normally do them at this point because we have only been trying 4 months but because we have been actively trying and I have been having other symptoms such as sudden hot flushes he wanted to check it out. Not nice seeing that box ticked on the blood form that say menopause test. But I know it needs to be done.

Hope you are still hanging in there and I'm glad the storm is passing for you. I have only ever been in 1 hurricane, when we were in Mexico a few years ago and it was so scary but everyone was so organised and just got on with it. It was amazing.

Grkprn - I take CoQ10!! Just started. I'm taking 200mg twice a day (400mg total). I take one in the morning with breakfast, and another in the afternoon. I'm really hoping it makes a difference!! Have you read the thread on here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/bnb2/misc/paperclip.gif Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women" ?? I read that whole thing! I'm convinced CoQ10 helps. (Well, I'm really hoping it does!) If your RE recommends it, man, it's gotta be good.

Moondust--I just read it! Very interesting indeed! I'm heading out this evening to the store, so I may just pick some up! It sounds like the CoQ10 is working for you or maybe it's the combo with the EPO? I've also considered taking EPO....you take that up until ovulation, right?

Thank you so much for forwarding that thread to me! :hugs:

Grkprn - ya I am really liking the CoQ10! I have been drinking green tea too, as well as drinking a little more whole milk (1.5-2 cups/day), and taking EPO. So, after thinking about it more I'm guessing it's more likely that the green tea, milk and EPO causing the very nice increase in CM and EWCM! LOL But, I do wonder if the CoQ10 has something to do with it. Anyways, ya, only take EPO up until ovulation. I've read that the recommended dosage is 1500-3000mg daily, and from experience, I know I need at least 1000-2000mg to see results. The capsules I bought were 500mg and that just wasn't enough, so I needed to take at least 2 to see an increase in CM. :flower:

Hi everyone!!

Purplelou - wow, so you took CoQ10 and got a BFP 3 months later?! I know it could definitely be coincidence, but I'm on board. :D Thanks for letting me know that was part of your regimen. Hope your dog is doing better.

Dwrgi - I'm so sorry to see you go. I know I've only seen you on this thread for a couple weeks or so now, but I wish you all the best... lots of love, laughter, relaxation, happiness and wine and coffee (if you drink those!)!! :hugs: I can see how much everyone here cares about you, and it was so touching to read everyone's reply to you. Lots of love, and I will hope and pray that a stork brings you a surprise when you least expect it! :hugs:

DrHouse - ok, let me know what you think of the green tea! To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the taste at first, but I'm starting to like it now. I love coffee too, but I'm switching to tea now too.... Hope your TWW is going well. It's so hard not to be excited about symptoms (or phantom symtoms)... I'm telling myself that hope is always good during the TWW, and hope is good afterwards too (no matter the outcome). And a big fat thumbs-down to the smug mums you saw!!! Enjoy your extra time with just one job now... I'm sure that will be WONDERFUL!!

Padbrat - hope you've been able to talk to a Dr. Be careful with google!! Sounds like Grkprn has some good experience with thyroid issues.

Dashka - Aw man, that's such a hard choice with the new job prospect!! I agree with the others that going for the interview never hurts... I hope everything goes well next week!! Sounds like you'll be super busy. Timing is never going to be perfect, but sometimes a change in one area can bring lots of other more amazing changes in other areas of your life!! Hope you're able to give it some more thought and figure out what the best thing for you is!

LilSluz - thanks for the info on folate. I had no idea. And also no idea how tea/tannins isn't the best to have with it. I have been drinking tea while taking my vitamins for a long time!! Maybe I should switch to milk.... time to do some reading! Thanks :flower: And yes, we used a condom with the lovely EWCM. Sigh. I just hope it comes back next month!! I really do think it was the right thing to sit this month out though. Better safe than sorry, especially b/c I was around the sick kitty. Still, it's been hard not trying. Oh, and no, I didn't feel any of the earthquakes out here. I'm sorry FF is giving you a hard time figuring out what's going on!! If you do think it's another ovulation, hope it turns into a baby! You get to try twice... idk but two times the chance to make a :baby: in one month sounds like pretty good deal! I just looked on my calendar, and you're right - there was a full moon on Aug. 2 and there's another one on Friday!! That's totally got to be what's causing the havoc with all of us this month!!!
Chickenchaser - TWO years??!?!! :saywhat: LOL geez. But still, glad you're getting the tests, and I'm sure it will be helpful to have more information. Could the hot flashes be other things, like did you eat something bad, is it hot out, do you think you could be having chemical pregnancies etc.?? Anyways, I think his point in saying 2 years is that you have a long time to try and don't worry after 4 months of trying :flower: (I'm at 3 months of trying, and I keep telling myself that too)

Hi to everyone else & hope you're having a great week!! :hugs:

AFM - I saw the Sept. testing thread, and was going to ask to be added to give me something to hope for, but then I looked at the calendar and saw that I won't be able to test (or get AF) until the first week of October (since I'm sitting this month out)!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!! That was really disheartening. I'll get this cycle's AF the 2nd week of Sept. But, I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful. I looked at the first couple pages of this thread, and the amazing thing is that the majority of the ladies who were posting then are now mothers or are expecting. That definitely gives me hope.

Grkprn - ya I am really liking the CoQ10! I have been drinking green tea too, as well as drinking a little more whole milk (1.5-2 cups/day), and taking EPO. So, after thinking about it more I'm guessing it's more likely that the green tea, milk and EPO causing the very nice increase in CM and EWCM! LOL But, I do wonder if the CoQ10 has something to do with it. Anyways, ya, only take EPO up until ovulation. I've read that the recommended dosage is 1500-3000mg daily, and from experience, I know I need at least 1000-2000mg to see results. The capsules I bought were 500mg and that just wasn't enough, so I needed to take at least 2 to see an increase in CM. :flower:

Thanks! I bought a bottle (wow...didn't know it was so pricey!) and will start if AF starts...FX that she doesn't show though! Unless I can start taking anytime during my cycle? Hmmm.....

I may have to look at buying them from Sam's Club or Costco...maybe they'll be cheaper? Anyhow, I think it's exciting to be able to supplement with natural pills :thumbup: And EPO is on my radar to try next!

Dwirgi - I'm sorry to see you leave, you have been such a Star in this thread :hugs::kiss: Helped and supported a lot of women with your wisdom.

I hope you come and pop by every now&then and let us know how you are doing :hugs: Good things will come your way :hugs:

Lots of LOVE to all of you ladies & :dust:

Its been busy this morning at work, but I just wanted to pop by and send some :hugs: and :kiss: to you all xxx hope today treats you well xx

NO NO NO... Chicken as a doctor that cares about you - you fabbo over 35er.....

believe the girls here.... wait only 6-12 months tops. .

Two years not ok in over thirty fives.

Be the squeaky wheel... Ask for what you deserve

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"