TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dash - we cross-posted! Great test results! :thumbup: Or, if not great sounds fixable! Low-penetration index? I guess that would mean it has very low probability to penetrate egg? I didn't even know they could test for that! So IVF w/ICSI would fix DH's issues :happydance:

What do you have to take for Androgens?

Now, this one: "Slightly elevated Antibody to single strand DNA (keep taking baby aspirin) --is that MTHFR????" I just quickly googled (as I'm supp'd to be in a conf call, just not paying attn), and this seems to be included with the ANA test (autoimmune):

https://repro-med.net/repro-med-sit...problems&catid=11:about-the-program&Itemid=74

Then googled more as I thought I recognized the "ANA" test & yes, this looks like its an Immune issue for which people often take prednisolone (steroids). https://www.sharedjourney.com/define/ana.html

I know your Dr said baby aspirin, but maybe his protocol for IVF is steroids anyway so thats why he didn't mention (or bc he rushed through the appt due to running late)? May want to just call & find out more, as maybe you can just speak to the nurse or? Hmmm, wonder if intralipids could help too, are you doing those anyway? So you DID have an immune issue, wow!!! Obviously, I'm not a Dr, I just like to research, learn stuff & try to help, but you know that... But, good to know, huh? :dance:

I better go, thanks for update & hope you are feeling really good about the appt! :flower: I am feeling good & excited for you!!! :happydance::flower:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome Hortensia! :flower: (did I already do that or did we meet on the 2WW thread?) Having deja vu or something... "or something" :haha:

:flow:

Welcome Hortensia! :flower: (did I already do that or did we meet on the 2WW thread?) Having deja vu or something... "or something" :haha:

:flow:

Hi LilSluz :hi:

We might have met in the 2ww thread - I can't remember which threads I'm in, these days.

Obviously it's over 35 geriatric brain :haha:

Dash, I don't know about you but I always feel better when I have a plan and I know what I'm doing and what's coming next... I hope you feel good about having a plan now, even though that plan is something you thought you'd never do! :hugs: You know you won't be going through this alone - you have lots of people here who know what it's like who can hold your hand!

Lils covered the antibody to single strand DNA thing. I don't think MTHFR is part of the standard infertility workup, just recurrent mc testing, and if you were tested for it, it would show up as an MTHFR test and not anything else. :thumbup:

And Lils, have a great trip! I LOVE roller coaster therapy!!

hi ladies.hope everyone is well.

was wondering what people's thoughts are on stress at work and it's effect on conceiving.am back at school and my new class are a dream (so far-fingers crossed!) but last year my class were very hard work from start to finish and i always felt on edge.maybe its just wishful thinking that a chilled work life could improve chances.

love to all vx.

Dash - we cross-posted! Great test results! :thumbup: Or, if not great sounds fixable! Low-penetration index? I guess that would mean it has very low probability to penetrate egg? I didn't even know they could test for that! So IVF w/ICSI would fix DH's issues :happydance:

What do you have to take for Androgens?

Now, this one: "Slightly elevated Antibody to single strand DNA (keep taking baby aspirin) --is that MTHFR????" I just quickly googled (as I'm supp'd to be in a conf call, just not paying attn), and this seems to be included with the ANA test (autoimmune):

https://repro-med.net/repro-med-sit...problems&catid=11:about-the-program&Itemid=74

Then googled more as I thought I recognized the "ANA" test & yes, this looks like its an Immune issue for which people often take prednisolone (steroids). https://www.sharedjourney.com/define/ana.html

I know your Dr said baby aspirin, but maybe his protocol for IVF is steroids anyway so thats why he didn't mention (or bc he rushed through the appt due to running late)? May want to just call & find out more, as maybe you can just speak to the nurse or? Hmmm, wonder if intralipids could help too, are you doing those anyway? So you DID have an immune issue, wow!!! Obviously, I'm not a Dr, I just like to research, learn stuff & try to help, but you know that... But, good to know, huh? :dance:

I better go, thanks for update & hope you are feeling really good about the appt! :flower: I am feeling good & excited for you!!! :happydance::flower:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Lils - you are the best!:thumbup: He said it was only slightly elevated (the antibody to single strand DNA) - and he wasn't really concerned but said it could be problem that aspirin could fix (I told him I've been on it for at least 9 months).... He did say in the initial consult that intralipids are used there (just not IVIG)...so I will ask for sure when I'm going Day 2 of the cycle and he prescribes the meds (hasn't done that yet)...
For the androgen thing - he was talking and rushing so fast - but I think he said the drug started with Dex............. I've been trying to Google but that's leading to excess worry.... I'm going to try not to worry /obsess about it too much (he's the scientist and expert and I just hope and pray he steers me the right way)...I will ask questions though!

I did forget to tell him that I was on DHEA for 9 months (but I stopped it last Nov/Dec so it should be out of my system now)... but that has a part in androgens I believe (but my DHEA level was extremely low last time I tested -oh who knows....:shrug:)

hi ladies.hope everyone is well.

was wondering what people's thoughts are on stress at work and it's effect on conceiving.am back at school and my new class are a dream (so far-fingers crossed!) but last year my class were very hard work from start to finish and i always felt on edge.maybe its just wishful thinking that a chilled work life could improve chances.

love to all vx.

Hi Nessaw..... glad your class is better this year! Yes I definitely think stress is a factor... (not the only factor though) but it does lead to many things. Good luck!!!

Obviously it's over 35 geriatric brain :haha:

What were we talking about again? :jo: :haha:

And Lils, have a great trip! I LOVE roller coaster therapy!!

Thanks HA, good to see you around more! :flower: I highly recommend it - I think you guys have King's Island up there? Went there once & had a blast! :thumbup:

Dashka - ahhhhh, its all so confusing, I know :wacko:. No more googling. I'm sure he has a good plan, just something to consider in the "question list". :hugs::hugs::hugs: I know w/my RE they prescribe steroids post-IVF to everyone so the body doesn't treat it like a foreign invader, anyway & I think most do, if I'm not mistaken. We'll all help you along the way so no worries - and lots of chocolate & :hugs: & :munch: as I see :witch: came. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'll be doing a :wine: (or 4) tonight, as she got me just between my last post & now (thankfully)...

Dashka - :thumbup: The drug starting with 'dex' should be dexamethasone. It's a steroid too used to suppress immune system a bit.

Lils - enjoy your trip!!

AFM - Of to bed for surgery tomorrow. I have a scratchy throat - from seaonal allergies, I believe. I hope that's not a problem. I will let you guys know how things go!

Mirium - hope all goes well today! :hugs:

Hortensia - :hi: and welcome :flower:

good morning to everyone else!! I will write a proper post later xxx (work is getting in the way at the mo :haha: )

Good luck Mirium! FX!!

Dash-great news on those results! Really pleased for you!! FX for IVF with ICSI-you'll be fine!!

Lils-enjoy the rollercoasters!

:thumbup: to everybody!!

Back to lurk mode now, ciao bellas!
:hugs::hugs:

:hi: dwrgi!
Good luck Mirium!
And to all of you fabulous ladies :hugs: Have a great weekend! :wohoo:

woo hoo got my clinic appt!on 10th oct.seems like forever away but hopefully it will go quickly.

happy fri eve to all.love vx

Happy Friday ladies!

HA - nice to see you here !:flower::winkwink: thanks for your kind words....I am so happy to have you ladies here. Hope you are doing ok - sorry I haven't had a chance to check journals lately!:hugs:

LIls - thanks again and hope you are having fun in Orlando!!:happydance: Sorry that AF arrived though and hope you had some :wine: last night!:hugs::kiss:

Mirium - hope your surgery goes well today -thinking of you :hugs::hugs:

Dr H (& Mirium) - thanks for the note about dexamethosone - at first I didn't understand when Mirium said it was something for immune when it's the high androgens he said he was giving it for - but then I googled:
"It acts on the adrenal glands to decrease their production of androgens, hormones that interfere with egg growth and development. When used together with Clomid, nearly 80-90% of women will ovulate when they had not responded to Clomid alone."
Ah - so it makes sense now!! Thanks Ladies!!:hugs::kiss:

Dwrgi - thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hi!!:flower::winkwink: We miss you and think about you all the time....Have a great weekend :hugs::kiss:

Nessaw - yay for October 10th app't!!! Don't worry it will fly by.... I can't believe I've already been to 2 RE app'ts -it came fast.:hugs:

Owl - hi!!! hope you are well!!!:flower::winkwink::hugs:

Purps - hope you are doing well hun....:hugs::kiss:

AFM - so the MIL comes back from Europe tomorrow night.... :dohh:Argh.... Wish me luck. She will be staying with us for at least a week or two (I'm sure in hyper mode:wacko:) and then it will go to 3-4 days/week.... I will have to tell her about the IVF stuff coming up as she'll be the one to watch AD when she is not at pre-school twice/week.
How the heck did that come so fast??? :dohh:Anyway it just means that IVF time will come faster.....

Hello to everyone I missed! have a wonderful weekend....:kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs:

OMG ladies... bloody internet has been down for bloomin days and i have had withdrawal symptoms being parted from you all!!

Dwrgi!! OMG thanks for coming out of lurkdom ... have missed you terribly x

And HA! So long since I have seen you and so pleased you are back! x

Mirium... best of British for the op!

Lils and Dash... you sound like cycle buds to me... Dash I hope the MIL isn't too much of a PITA... and Lils you have a magical time on all the rides and don't think about poxy FF, cycles, POAS or anything bloomin else!

DrH! Welcome back chick xxx Is nice to see my medical guardian angel back!

Nee... stress.... bloomin definitely could bugger stuff up.

Purps! How are you chick? Hoping you are taking things easy!

Grk how are you?

LadyH lovely update! Lovin the message on your ticker.... couldn't agree more!

Asry, thanks for the reassurance... I for one needed that x

Hello everyone else! xxxx

AFM

Went squitz a Dr other day and have now been referred to EPU. Went today saw a lovely nurse consultant who listened to my history and sent me off for a scan. Scan showed a 5 week pregnancy and yolk sac, which apparently was about right. Thinking back I have always been a late Ov'er so I probably am about 5 days back from what all the apps told me I was. Lovely nursed consultant phoned my GP and told them to give me all my drugs, which they now have done.... one hurdle down.. loads to go! Please think pink ladies. I would love no 7 to be lucky!:hugs:

Pad....

OH hun I am soooo glad you are now being looked after and that you have your meds... Thinking all shades of beautiful PINK for you and was praying for you this morning...
You soooo deserve it! xxoxoxo:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->