TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Oh yes they did! Bearing in mind my contractions started at 7:30 and I got to hospital at 2am, I asked if she would check my dilation so I could have an idea how far I'd gotten so she did. At that point i was dilated......wait for it....1 measly centimetre! :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

So I think that technically means I'm not even in established labour? Even though I was contracting regularly all night!

Oh no!!! :hugs: Your contractions must be doing all the thinning work first. I bet you dilate pretty quickly once you're 100% effaced. :hugs:

Well that makes me feel a little better because when she told me I was only 1cm she said that I was almost 100% effaced so maybe by now I've dilated a bit.

I just lost what I think was the last of my plug - huge globby bit full of blood so hopefully that means I've made some good progress and opened up a bit. Waters still fully intact though :(

Olivia wet through her nappy in bed last night and found MIL instead of us. MIL must have told her we'd gone to get the baby because when she woke up this morning she came bounding in looking for the baby in the crib. I had to explain that baby had decided to stay in mummy's tummy for a bit longer. To which she sighed and replied "silly baby!" :haha:

Oh Sarah that sounds wonderful! I can't believe i am just seeing the updated.

Sounds promising. 1 cm is frustrating but should hopefully move quickly along.

At least you waited till your mom was feeling better :)

now get this baby out! Glad the hospital staff was really nice too. That always makes it so much easier.

Good luck to you and can't wait to hear updates!

That certainly sounds like things must be opening up, Sarah :thumbup: Come on baby!

Bless Olivia, that is so cute :) She's going to be so excited to see a real baby in the crib, hopefully tomorrow!

You can do it, Sarah!

I'm hoping the lack of update can only mean good things, Sarah :happydance:

Omg saz i thought the same thing. Im sitting at my doc office for my monthly check up thinking about you both and lack of updates heheh. Im sure its good news!!!!

Hi girls, sorry for the lack of updates my phone doesn't like the hospital much!

So I managed to stay home till 4pm when I was really starting to struggle with the pain so they let me go in, more of the same as this morning really, lots of ball bouncing and another lavender bath. By about 5-6pm i was in agony and asked for some gas and air. I had to get examined first and she found i was only 4cms dilated :(

Anyway I got on the gas and air after that and it was so much easier to let my pelvis relax and let baby come down. Within a couple of hours I was needing to push.

baby was back to back so it was bloody painful pushing but i did it in about 5 contractions! :)

So baby Wesley James was born at 8:35pm weighing 7lb 8oz! :happydance:

he loves his milk already, won't let me put him down :haha:

Yay!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: A boy!!! Massive congratulations, Sarah :D

Bloody well done for doing a back to back labour on only G&A! That explains why things were slow too.

Are you guys staying in hospital tonight?

I'm sat feeding a cluster feeding Leo :wacko: Would love a stretch of a few hours sleep now!

How did your check up go, Kyles?

Ha ha I'm joining you on the cluster feeding party then! I thought babies usually slept the whole first night away but not this one! He's chomping on my nipples a bit actually, I can't seem to get him into a good feeding position so god knows what state my nipples will be in tomorrow :wacko:

wesley and i are at the hospital tonight. Got the whole ward to ourselves actually :)

yeah it was blooming painful like, they didn't tell me he was back to back until o got on the G&A which I think helped otherwise I would have panicked about it

Awww congratulations!!! I knew baby was on his way and its a BOY! How excited are you... little Wesley. Love the name! Ouch for back to back. You girls are amazing. I am so scared now to go vaginally lol.

Enjoy your new boys. Very exciting!

Doc appointment went fine. First time meeting this doctor and i was just a number. Rushed me in and out. He was weird. It was fast. I wasnt pleased. But baby is fine that is what is important.

Rest up girls and i cant wait for pics Sarah!!!

Did you not pack the Lansinoh in your bag, Sarah?! It's my best friend once again! I've been slapping it on since the first feed as a preventative measure :haha:

Pretty sure I'm getting zero sleep tonight :cry: He's still feeding & since 10pm, he's been through 7 nappies :wacko:

Thanks kyles :)

Must admit I was absolutely convinced he was going to be a girl. When DH told me he was a boy my first reaction was "a boy?" "Really? " and everyone in the delivery room laughed at me :haha:

Kyles, you will do fantastically with your VBAC I know it! its not much fun at the time but its worth it! Sorry your appointment was disappointing :( I'm glad everything's ok with baby though.

so we have 2 boys so far! I wonder what kyles' will be?? It won't be long till we find out! :)

saz, damn it I forgot I have lsnsinoh in my bag! Duh! I hope you got some sleep eventually. Wesley was such a little milk monster that they had to bring me a clip-on co - sleeping crib so we could lie down! We both had a little sleep after that :)

That's fab that they have co-sleeping cribs in the hospital! I could've done with on of those last night too! I eventually got a whole 2 hours sleep :wacko: but only cos I made DH swap with me so he sat in the nursing chair with him in his chest while I slept. But we had to get up at 7.30 to get Rex ready for the childminder's :dohh:

When is Olivia meeting her little brother? Hope it goes well!

Two boys! SO exciting!!!!!!!!
Watch I am sure we will have a boy as well (hehe) although all signs i have are 100% different than they were with Kyle. So who knows.

Milk monster already. That's great you both were able to breast feed right away. I wasn't able to with Kyle he bit my nipples OUCH!!!! This one i am demanding full on breast feeding no matter what!

I hope you both got some sleep.. Enjoy those precious little ones. Now i want my baby already LOL

There's not all that long to go til you will have your baby, Kyles :) I'm sending you :pink: vibes! I had a totally different pregnancy this time too. It must've been cos I was waaaay more tired with already having Rex.

Good news for us today. Leo has only lost 4.7% of his birth weight :happydance: So, so pleased! We had loads of trouble with Rexy's weight loss. He'd lost 8.8% at this point & it went to to 9.8% on day 7 :( We got put on a feeding plan which really stressed me out with all the pumping & topping up with what I'd pumped from a little cup. Very glad to not be heading down the same path with Leo.

How are things going, Sarah? Are you home?

Introducing Wesley James :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140429_183454.jpg
    IMG_20140429_183454.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1
Leo did 2 stretches in his Moses basket last night :happydance: Admittedly, only 1.75 hours & 3 hours but that is a major improvement! Just hope it wasn't a fluke.

In other news, I'm off to the docs this morning to get them to look at my leg. It's been quite swollen & last night I started with a pain in my calf so now I'm paranoid about DVT :dohh: Better to be safe than sorry. We're then off to register Leo so he'll be official :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->