TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Well. He's just woken up for his second feed now, the first one was at 11:00. So a very similar night to usual. The big test is what happens now. He's usually just getting into my bed at this point. Fingers crossed he will go back in his cot instead!

Ok......

Baby BOY arrived! 8:16pm 9lbs 2oz. Pushed for 44 min. Holy hell a 9lber!!!

We are doing great! Will post pic to fb soon.

Lucas Craig Graves.

OH YAY, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance:

Wow 9lbs bless him! Love the name too :thumbup:

Can't wait to see a pic :) xx

YAY!!! Massive congratulations! You got your VBAC :happydance: I can fully sympathise on pushing a 9lb-er out :haha:

All boys! And we all wanted girls :wacko:

Yay! Congratulations:happy dance: god bless him....9lbs...he is one big guy.... Waiting to see him..... Your wait is finally over...

Thanks! Sorry haven't read previous posts. So tired.

Omg the pain is awful down there. I had a second degree tear :(
At least I can use my stomach muscles after this one.

Labor for 13 hrs and pushed for 44 min.ouch!!!!

Aww sorry you're in pain :hugs: I know exactly how that feels, I had second degree tears with both of mine :( it still feels odd down there now! Lol

Definitely rather that than a c-section though. You did fantastic kyles! :)

Second degree tears both times here as well :wacko: I'll be honest though, after having external stitches as well with Leo, gimme internal ones any day! TMI but it was my bum that hurt more both times :blush: Pooing for the first time after both was scary! :haha: Take all the pain relief they offer you, Kyles. I tried to soldier through with Rex but took plenty of paracetamol with Leo & it really helped.

We've had a lovely, lovely day at Filey today :) I've managed to burn my arms :dohh: Too busy keeping Leo out of the sun & slapping cream on Rex to even think myself. Stupid cow!!

Ouch! Yes external stitches are the worst. They didn't numb me properly to do my stitches after Wesley was born :(

Sounds lovely, Saz. I hope your arms aren't too badly burnt though. I do the same thing often, I cover Olivia in factor 50 and then go walking about with nothing on myself. I've been lucky so far!

Wesley is sleeping much better in his big cot so far. Last night he slept in his cot from 8pm till midnight, had a feed and went back down in his cot for 2 hours, had another feed and went in his cot for another 2 hours before coming into my bed for the last 2 hours. He probably would've gone back in the cot for the last couple of hours but I was too tired to be bothered trying. Either way its a vast improvement on the 1 hour a night he was doing in the stupid crappy crib.

Wesley is still fighting me for feeds. I'm starting to worry about him. He pushes his fist into my chest while I'm trying to feed him and pushes away as hard as he can. His feeds only last a couple of minutes and when he's finished I still have lots of milk left in my boobs. He's still doing lots of wees but I'm still worried. There's no clinics on at the children's centre this week so I can't get him weighed or speak to anyone either :(

Saz sounds awful! Pain relief is only motrin. Its so scary to poo. Im petrified to do it.
Sarah sorry he is giving you a hard time but glad he is sleeping better

My nipples are raw ladies. Im getting ready to result to pumping :( no idea how much more they can handle....

Lucas is doing well on a 3 hr feeding schedule so far...
im so tired. Doing this with a toddler is going to be so hard. I may supplement with formula because i have no clue if i can do this breast feeding gig.

Should i just start pumping? Sigh....

I am never having anymore children. This pain is not fun or im just not good with it lol. When will itgo away??

Great news on the cot, Sarah :thumbup: Was last night just as good?

Could the fighting feeds be linked to the 3 month growth spurt? Leo always gets unsettled for feeds during his spurts. Go get him weighed to put your mins at rest :hugs:

We got back from my mum's yesterday & then I went out for a meal & a few drinks with my work friends to celebrate the end of term. Only had a couple but it was so nice to get out & feel like 'me' & not just a milk feeding machine :haha: A bit of me felt gutted to be using my freezer stash though! I don't know why!! That's what it's there for! :dohh:

Hope the weather brightens up here. The forecast was glorious so planned the park & icecream with a friend & her little boy. The clouds need to go away!

How you & Lucas getting on, Kyles?

We crossed posted, Kyles! :haha: Ignore my last question!

Honestly, if you want to stick with BF, it will get better. I'd say day 4 was the worst for painful nipples & it was over by 2 weeks. But obviously you have to be happy with whatever you choose. :hugs:

It is tiring with a toddler but you can do it! If I can, you can!

Thanks! He has a strong over bite whixh makes me.think latching was our key problem. Im feeding now oww!!

Initial days even I had problem while bf shresh.... but gradually my nipples were feeling better....sometimes milk gets stored and needs to be removed....hope you are feeling better.... I always wanted to have a normal delivery but I was very unhappy when I had a C section. ..but hearing you now I feel c section was far better..... atleast I could sit and go to the bathroom without any problem

Saz- glad to know you had a great time...
Sarah- hope your day was good too

ATM I am getting geared up for O......

Great news sharada! Fingers crossed this is your month!

Well I cried and cried. Damn hormones. I had to give up breast feeding :( Lucas has a very big overbite and Kyle had the same. He was latched right but it hurt to much my nipples can't take it. So upsetting... It's ok though.

Shebha the c-section pain is different. I'm so happy I can use my stomach muscles this time. They say I should feel better in a week so if that is true this way is better. Pushing a 9lber the first time out was crazy. I am so glad to have experienced both ways.

Aww kyles, I'm sorry :hugs: are you sure nothing can be done to help, a different position? Or nipple shields? Of course he will still be a perfectly happy and healthy little boy no matter what you do and that's all that matters.

Saz, no we did not have another good night last night! :( he was up at least 5 times, that's about where I lost count, it could've been more :( I think he was cold. Its red hot here at the moment so I put him just in a vest with a cellular blanket. He slept well till about 3am but after that he was up every half hour and I think that was because it had gotten cold in the bedroom. I brought him into bed with me at 4am and he slept till 6 then. I will put him in a full sleepsuit tonight and see if that helps.

I went to the breastfeeding drop in yesterday and got him weighed. He's gained again but still below his line. The HV still wasn't worried though so I guess its fine. I spoke to the BF advisor who helped me when he had his tongue tie. She said she thinks it's a mixture of the heat, his thrush and his 12 week growth spurt. He's still doing my head in with it but I'm soldiering on!

Shradha, very exciting your ov is coming up, huge fingers crossed for you! :dust:

Started opk...-ve....thank you all...I really need all the luck...
Kyles- so sorry fo know that your nipples are killing you....dont worry you can always use an alternative. ....breast pump...my sil uses it regularly. ....lets hope my 2nd is a normal delivery too
Sarah- hos iz Wesley? Hope he slept well today...

Poor little Wesley is still not sleeping well. He fought his naps all day and I didn't go to sleep for the night until 9pm :( I'm worried we might have another crappy night. I've dressed him a bit more warmly tonight so hopefully that will help but he's also growth spurting which doesn't help.

We had a lovely day in the sun today, a friend I used to work woth invited us round for afternoon tea with some other ex colleagues and their kids. It was all very civilised with little sandwiches, ice tea and cakes :) Olivia had a lovely running around with the other kids and Wesley got lots of cuddles!

Sarah i wonder if he is teething. It is a possibility.

Im losing my mind. I hate this part of having a baby when your horomones are all over the place and i cry for no random reason.

So im a little stresses. Kylehas the enlarged kidney so we get the results tomorrow at his check up.i hope things are ok.

Also they did not circumsize him at the hospital because the surgeon saidhe had something called sunken scrotum. It meams his penis hasnt developed all the way out yet and he said we should hold off a couple months and seek a urologist opinion.

It is one thing after another. :( we had 3 other docs say they thought it looked normal but we dont want to risj it. Fingers crossed girls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->