TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

What exaxtly is a sweep? I know im getting an internal exam but im.not familiar with a sweep i keep reading about

Not just the day! My waters started going 2 hours after it :thumbup: Hope you can get one, Kyles!

Oh wow. I wish. Well ladies I'm upset. I am "maybe" 1cm dilated. And 80% effaced.
We are scheduling a c-section for next Thursday. This is so depressing

Aw that sucks :( But you still have time to go naturally. Come on baby!

I think Leo might've hit his 3 month growth spurt pretty much on cue. We had a bad night with lots of feeds & he was really unsettled in between. I need a nap today!

Oh kyles, I'm sorry :(

There is still loads of time though. Remember I'd been in labour for 10 hours with contractions every 2 minutes and when they checked me I was only 1cm so lack of dilation doesn't mean you won't get going when the time is right.

Oh no Saz! Not the 12 week growth spurt :( Wesley hasn't started his yet but I'm expecting it any day now. Its WW12 this week too :cry: so far so good on that front but he is waking more in the night so I guess he's building up to it :-/

My little cherubs are going to see a photographer today. I'm so excited! Its being run by our local children's centre and the deal is for £12 we get one print plus 10 more on a disc to keep. I've booked 2 sessions, one for just Wesley and one for the two of them together. Its worked out really well because Wesley is 11weeks now and I had olivia's photo taken at 12 weeks so I will have matching pictures of them side by side on the wall :)

Oh Saz so sorry for a rough night. Let's hope he gets through this growths put fast!

Sarah that sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see the pictures. What a deal you are getting too!

Do you girls think I should hold off on a c-section till after next week? Or is that to long? I'm just not sure what to do. I get no answers from doctors or advice.... I really want to do this naturally but baby's head isn't even low. It is very high...... I would hate to schedule it and know I could do it on my own. Ugh so frustrating.

How far over will they let you go? I think I'd be tempted to hold off if you really want your VBAC.

Hope the photo shoot is a success, Sarah. Let us see a piccy won't you :)

I managed a nice nap with Leo before lunch. Feel more human now! Just waiting for Rex to get home then the chaos will begin!

Hooray for naps!

Idk how far they will let me go honestly. I didnt ask :(
I do know i cant be induced or any help.... sucks

Its a real toughie, kyles. I think if it was me I would wait and try to go naturally. Simply because of the recovery period following a c-section. Maybe give it till you're a week overdue and re-evaluate?

Ooh a nap sounds lovely, Saz. I think Wesley has just hit that growth spurt this evening, he's been on the boob all night and at nearly 9pm he's only just fallen asleep :(

The photo shoot was a bit disappointing in the end. They were running 45 minutes late so they let everyone into the play room so the kids could play with the toys so of course Olivia went charging about and got her hair all messy, then Wesley got tired and grumpy and fell asleep right before we had to go in. Thankfully Wesley usually isn't grumpy when he wakes up so when they woke him up to get his pic taken he just lay there and smiled. So his pictures are going to look lovely. However. Olivia was a different story. She wouldn't go and sit by Wesley for their picture together and when they finally got her to, Wesley started sucking his hand and then started crying :dohh: so I don't know if we've got a single good one of the 2 of them :( i was really hoping to get the one of them together printed onto a big canvas to hang in the living room but I don't think that'll happen now. :nope: Then they asked for the money upfront which I wasn't expecting and didn't have enough cash on me :( :sigh: you get what you pay for I suppose!

Aww sarah that sounds like one exhausting photoshoot!!!

I really hope you got a good one out of all that!!!!

I think i may try to wait it out to.have this baby and see what next week brings :)

Good plan. I really hope it's not too much longer for you. Wesley came at 40+6 and it was awful just waiting and waiting :(

We are at 40+3 today or 2 lol. Idk
Last night (tmi) woke up around 4 with extra discharge. Yuck

Today I feel like I'm leaking which is gross and as usual contracting....
Was hoping it was my water breaking or trickling but I'm not sure. Way more than normal amount but I don't think enough for water breaking. I'm just picturing a huge gush someday soon lol. Let's hope I'm not at work when it happens lol

How was everyone's night?

I got to 40+8 with Rex :wacko: It was horrendous, I won't lie! You have my sympathy, Kyles :hugs:

Sarah, that's typical with the photo shoot :( Hope there is a decent pic.

A usual night here. Fed Leo when I went to bed then he slept til 4.30, quick feed then in bed with us til I got up then he snuggled DH while I got ready :)

Been into work this morning to judge our Y12 transition projects. A guest judge :haha: Leo got lots of cuddles!

Your waters can go with just a trickle, kyles.....how are you feeling now?

Saz, that's pretty good going with Leo's sleep. A usual night for Wesley is down at 8:00, feed at 12:00, up again at 1:30, and again at 4:00, then up for the day at 6:30.

Aww I bet Leo was the centre of attention today :)

Wesley got weighed again today. He's only gained 8 ounces in 2 weeks and has moved down from 25th to 9th percentile. The HV wasn't worried but I can't help worrying. I wouldn't mind so much if he wasn't already so low on the graph :(

Sarah's right, Kyles. My waters only trickled with Leo. I had to go to L&D to find out for sure if it was my waters. I was soaking a pad every hour or so though so it was a constant trickle.

Will we ever stop worrying about their weight Sarah?! :dohh: If the HV wasn't worried then you should try not to be but I know that's easier said than done. The fact that mine were always panicking is what made me paranoid. They've said I only need to go every 4 weeks now to have him weighed but doubt I'll last that long :haha: Maybe have him weighed weekly for a few weeks to monitor his weight gain more closely? He feeds loads though, so I'm sure he's just been putting those calories into learning new things rather than growing :)

I need to try & blow up the paddling pool today but I can't find our foot pump so looks like it'll have to be good ol' lung power :wacko: Send help if you don't hear from me later :haha:

Hi girls. Still pregnant :/.

Aww Leo getting tons of cuddles! Hope it was a nice day! Good luck with the pool today!

Sarah don't worry about the weight. If they don't think it's an issue I wouldn't worry at all. He is happy and healthy that is all that matters!

I don't think it was my waters. Wasn't doing it last night. More discharge today and cramps.

We are scheduling a c-section for the 23rd next week. They won't let me hold off any longer.
Kyle was born on a 22nd this one possibly 23rd and my anniversary 24th so it all works out lol.

I am glad I lasted this long with no baby because tonight we get Kyles cast off (I hope) we got x ray's yesterday and we find out today if it stays on or comes off! Fingers crossed

Ha ha, I hope you survived blowing up the paddling pool, Saz! You inspired me to get olivia's paddling pool out too! I have an electric pump but its crap and I ended up blowing it up myself. It took me like 2 minutes to do it when I'd had the pump on for 10 minutes and it wasn't even halfway! :dohh:

Aww still no baby :( 6 days to go then, come on little one!!!

Yay for kyle maybe getting his cast off :happydance: I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Poor wesley's got thrush in his mouth now :( its just one thing after another with that kid! Bless him, he was so cute at the doctor's she kept trying to look in his mouth and scrape the white stuff off and instead of crying he just kept smiling and cooing at the doctor. He's such a little sweetie pie :cloud9: I can't get his medicine until tomorrow though as the stupid chemist didn't have any left :(

Aww poor Wesley that's so sad! I will hope for a speedy recovery. Hate when babes are sick. Heartbreaking.

Kyles- no baby till now.. I guess here only I had an early baby 36 weeks and my water burst...but my cervix was not opening waited 4 a whole day then doctors said cant wait danger for baby and I had to go for c section.....
Sarah- dont worrg about weight.... as long as he is healthly and.active you dont have to worry......
Saz- yay for cuddles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"