TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Huge FX for tomorrow's temp, shradha :)

Yes Olivia stayed dry all night! Very proud :) but stupid DH did her bath tonight and has put her in a pull up even though I told him not to! :growlmad: I swear he tries to set her backwards, he tells her that pull ups are "big girl nappies" so she goes about her merry way in them thinking she's being a big girl. At least it was the last pull up in the packet.

I've seen a couple of things in Clifton and acomb. Actually I lived in acomb when I was little before we moved to copmanthorpe. I was only 4 when we moved so I don't remember it but my mum says my sister was very happy at school there, whereas when we moved to copmanthorpe where its supposedly nice, she got bullied. So i suppose it doesn't necessarily follow that nice area = better for the kids. How about foxwood?

Ha ha don't talk to me about day time naps! Wesley is an absolute nightmare for napping. Today he didn't sleep from 7:30 until 1pm :dohh:

These poor second children & their lack of naps :( I know it's cos of Rex that Leo can't sleep. Rex is just sooo loud! But I can't expect him to be quiet. He's only 3. I do miss nap time though! :haha:

Lol! Its not just the toddler poor Wesley has to contend with, its also our EXTREMELY vocal cat who has learned that I will give him just about anything he wants (always food) just by standing beside the sleeping baby and meowing as loud as he can. And if its not the cat its our moronic Labrador who does this really annoying thing where she randomly shakes as if she was wet and the noise of her ears flapping while she shakes wakes him up. :dohh: I swear, I'm going to pin that dog's ears back one of these days :growlmad:

So .....its just not Wesley. ....your cat and dog have teamed up too to annoy you....it must be so difficult. ..poor you......:hugs:....
Saz- I guess the elder ones want more attention. ...I dont know how shresh will react when our second baby comes home???

Atm... I am upset....shresh woke up up at 5am crying...in our bed...I had to comfort him.....then I went to sleep back I woke up at 6 to see my reading. ..bbt...96.6f but I realized we cant count it right..as there should be atleast 3- 4 hours of proper sleep to check the bbt......

:rofl: Sorry, Sarah, but I have an image in my head now of you sellotaping the dog's ears down :haha:

I tell our cat daily that she's off to the RSPCA! She waits outside the bedroom doors for me when I'm doing bedtime with the boys & as soon as I start to creep out, she starts miaowing her head off for attention. Grrrrr! Once Rex is asleep, nothing wakes him these days but not Leo :nope: Her whinging has woken him a few times :(

I'm having my hair done again today. Bliss! 3 hours to myself :D

Hope you had a wonderful time. .....pampering yourself with your new hairstyle....

Oh shradha, that sucks. Now you will have to wait till tomorrow's temp. Try not to stress too much about it :hugs:

Saz, I know exactly what you mean about the cat. I tell my cat daily that he's going to the RSPCA too :haha:

Feels like I haven't been on here in ages, how is everyone?

How are you getting on shradha? Have you tested yet? x

Kyles, how is Lucas doing now?

Saz, is Leo still sleeping well?

I've been so busy this past week organising Olivia's party and everything. This is the first time I've sat down and relaxed in ages! The party went really well, everyone turned up and olivia had a whale of a time! :) It was my birthday yesterday and I just had a nice quiet one, just went to MIL and FILs for lunch and chilled out :)

Wesley is still being a pain in the bum, bless him. His sleep is still awful and now he's going through a phase of not wanting to be put down, ever :( saz, are you still giving Leo a bottle of formula every night? I'm really tempted to try it with wesley too. Do you think it makes any difference? The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because Olivia had cows milk intolerance and I'm scared Wesley might react too.

Belated happy birthday Sarah!Hope u had a great time....
Olivia must be excited for her birthday. ...

Af visited me....feeling really disappointed. ....

Aaawww huge :hugs: Shradha. Sending baby :dust: for next cycle :hugs:

I haven't been on whilst we've been at my parent's this weekend. But I didn't miss much! :haha:

Olivia's party looked amazing, Sarah! :thumbup: Glad she had fun. And happy belated birthday to you as well! :)

No, Leo is not sleeping well at the minute :cry: I don't know what wrong with him. If he's ill, this WW is getting to him, he's growing again or it's his teeth coming. It's such a guessing game with them! I'm thinking teeth more at the minute as he's been a bit warm on & off over the weekend, had like a million poos (very unusual for him cos he normally only goes every 3-4 days) & been clingy, unsettled. He's just not been himself at all :cry: But his bad sleep started before we went away to my mum's so it can't just have been to do with being somewhere unusual. I'm wondering if we've hit the 4 month sleep regression early? :shrug: He's still not sleeping well in the day either :(

His feeding is also worrying me. He's always been a fussy feeder but it's gone up a notch these past couple of weeks. Like I said, he's seriously cut down his his feed times but he's really pulling my nipple whilst latched on & crying after like 5 mins feeding :( I'm going to ask the HV to weigh him again at his assessment on Thursday to see if he's put weight on this week. If he hasn't or has lost weight, I'm really considering stopping BF. I feel like all I do is worry about his weight & feeding :( Rex always fed so peacefully & well that all this is new to me.

Yes, Sarah, still doing the late feed with a bottle of formula. He's taking it fine. I even gave him it 2 out of the 4 nights we were at my parent's this weekend (grandad did the other 2 :) ) & he took the bottle from me with no issues. I very rarely feed him in the night anymore. I only do if he won't settle back to sleep in bed with me, like this morning I fed him about 5ish to settle him. Compared to what Rex was like at this age, it's amazing!! He was still having a proper night feed at like 2-3am & still waking again around 5am.

The other bonus of doing it, Sarah, is I pump around 10pm on the nights I don't go to bed early so I'm building a good freezer stash. It's a relief to know I can go out & do something if I want to.

Why not slowly introduce formula if you're worried about CMPI? You can mix formula & EBM. So start with like 2oz of formula, the rest EBM then over a few weeks, work up to a full bottle of formula?

oh shradha, i'm sorry :( :hugs: it just wasn't meant to be last cycle, hopefully this next one will be yours xxx

Saz, the fussy feeding thing you're describing is exactly the same as Wesley at the moment. I've been seriously considering stopping BF this week too :( I don't feel as though he ever takes a full feed because he latches on, sucks for a minute then starts pulling off and screaming. I have a slow let down and that doesn't help either because he gets pissed off waiting for it :( I feel as though he maybe only gets 2 really good feeds a day and the rest are like i've just described. Then he makes up for it at night. he rarely wants a feed right before bedtime so he doesn't go down with a full tummy, so he's up feeding at 10:30, 1:00, 3:00 and then has a huge feed at 5:00, draining both boobs and crying for more. he finally settles again and is up for the day at 6:30-7:00ish. it's killing me!

He's getting his weight closely monitored by the HV at the moment because his thrush caused his weight gain to slow right down and this fussy feeding isn't going to help matters. :cry:

I was thinking 4 month regression too. Gutted, I thought it would't get us seeing as how he was already such a crap sleeper :rofl: He's grumpy as hell during the day too, i actually can't put him down or he screams the house down, and he only stops crying when he's asleep or for a brief few minutes after he's just woken up :( I feel like he's turning into another Olivia, (she was a very high needs baby.) Looking at my wonder weeks book, there's a "stormy" period that stretches right from 15 weeks to 19 weeks, maybe that's it :shrug:

it's olivia's actual birthday today, we're taking her to butterfly world. i'm papping myself a bit tbh, i'm frightened of butterflies :rofl: but it's her day so i'm going to have to put on my big girl panties and get over it :)

Happy birthday, Olivia! How did you cope with the butterflies, Sarah?! :haha:

Sorry to hear you're suffering with sleep & feeding too, Sarah :( I think it must be a combination of the WW & sleep regression with the nursing strike. Just seen on FB that a colleague who had her LO 3 days before Leo, is also dealing with bad sleep & nursing refusal. At least we're in it together.

I think our issues have been made worse by Leo being unwell. We ended up with an emergency doctor appointment this morning. He's been warm on & off over the weekend & had a runny bum, like I said, but then I was changing his nappy this morning & saw that he torso was totally covered in a rash :( DH had changed the nappy before & said he didn't notice it then. So I thought we best get him checked out. Thankfully, he's all ok. It's just a generic virus & the doc did saw that the rash is usually a sign that its on its way out so hopefully we're over the worst now. He's had a super long nap in bed with me this afternoon & seemed a bit brighter after that. It helped me feel more human too! Hate to think how poorly he'd be if it wasn't for BF :(

He's meant to be having his next lot of jabs tomorrow. Remember, we're behind! But I don't think they do them if they're ill, do they? I didn't think to ask the doc this morning but I'll ring in the morning to check. If not, it'll put us even further behind :wacko:

Oh poor Leo! I hope he's on the mend soon, it must've been so scary finding a rash on him like that :( I'm glad it's nothing too serious. Is that his 12 week jabs he's meant to have tomorrow then? We've just fallen behind with wesley's too, he's 16 weeks next week but stupid me forgot to book him in till yesterday and now they can't fit him in till 4th September :dohh: if Leo is still unwell, I would postpone I think after the next set of jabs (what should be the 16 week ones) that's it until they are a year old so it's not like he'll be behind for much longer.

Them bloody butterflies! That was an ordeal and a half. The second I walked in I knew I'd made a bad decision as I was greeted by twenty-odd winged monsters all fighting it out to be the first one to flap about in my face. There were these bloody great big blue ones that were the size of a piggin blackbird that kept dive bombing me and swooping into wesley's pram. He just sat there smiling while they did it, the poor little sod had absolutely no idea of the terrible peril he was being subjected to. Olivia on the other hand, had a great time, and it all came with the added bonus of getting to laugh at her poor old mummy.

:haha: Sorry, Sarah, had to laugh at your ordeal with butterflies! Glad you managed to brave it for Olivia though.

Well, I spoke to the doctors this morning & they said it's only if they have a fever that they won't vaccinate & as his temp was normal, they've done them. May as well get all the ill effects & bad sleep out the way this week when it's been so bad anyway! :wacko:

Ha ha yeah he's not going to sleep anyway so you might as well make it worse :haha:

Wesley has been asleep since 5:00 tonight :-/ I fear he's going to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning :dohh: I just can't catch a break can I :(

Uh oh. Hope he didn't wake up after your post thinking he'd had a nap. And that he wasn't up really early.

Leo decided to be awake for an hour at 3am. Fun, fun, fun :wacko: I know if wasn't hunger as well cos he'd only have one side & wouldn't latch on again. I want my sleeping baby back!!! :cry:

Got the HV assessment at 10. I'm going to ask them to weigh him again & chat to her about our feeding issues. Hope it's my actual HV cos she's lovely.

It actually worked out quite well last night, he woke up at about 8:00 and sat quietly on my knee while I watched great British bake off and then we went upstairs and had a feed. He went back to sleep at about 10:00 (which is when I'm normally just going to bed anyway) and didn't wake up again until 1:30 so I got a nice chunk of sleep for a change. He came into bed with me after that and literally didn't stop feeding for the rest of the night! Luckily I can sleep while he feeds lol he's deffo having a growth spurt:haha: he's been a pain in the arse feeding again today :dohh:

What did your HV say?

The HV wasn't much help tbh :( She weighed him & he'd put on 4oz since last week which she was very happy with as he's perfectly followed his line. (Those bloody lines!! They're obsessed!) She just kept telling me to persevere & get past his illness, vaccinations, growth spurt, mental leap & sleep regression then see how I feel once things have calmed down. I just wanted her to tell me how to deal with the fussy feeding but she couldn't :wacko: At least I know that, despite super short feeds, he's obviously getting what he needs. He's just efficient at feeding, clearly. Because of Rex's tongue, we never got down to quick feeds so this feels strange to me.

I escaped tonight! Met my friend at Meadowhall for dinner & a little stroll around the shops. It felt AMAZING!! :haha: DH coped well & Leo guzzled his bottle of EBM at bedtime with no fussing. Surprise, surprise! :wacko:

We're making the big move tonight.... Leo is going in his cot, which also means he's got to go in his own room :cry: I'm going to miss him!! And that's it, no more babies will ever sleep in my room permanently again :( :cry: But the poor baby just has no room in his Moses basket anymore. His head touches the top! So is has to happen & DH has been keen for a couple of weeks now. Wish us luck!

We had one lovely feed this morning. Just the one! Now we're back to to fussing :dohh:

How did it go last night, saz? I bet he slept better with all that extra room! And how did you get on without him there? :hugs:

Touch wood, I think I have managed to get Wesley to miss out his 10:30-11:00pm feed! The past 2 nights he has slept from 7:30 till 2:00! Both nights when I've come to bed and heard him stirring I've turned on his white noise and he's gone off into another sleep cycle :) there is a downside however that last night when he woke up at 2 I couldn't settle him back down for nearly 2 hours! My boobs were engorged and the greedy little piggy drained them both....and then projectile vomited across the room. :dohh: I've never seen anything like it, he was in his cot when it happened and his cot is a good 3 feet away from our bed yet he still managed to soak his boppy pillow (which was on the floor next to my bed) with vomit. :wacko: I'm just glad I wasn't holding him at the time :)

Wesley is still grumpy as hell. I'm actually typing this post while walking around the house with him strapped me. His thrush is coming back again so that probably doesn't help. And the doctor's is closed till Monday morning :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->