Ttc #2

i can't wait for our first scan... i want to see it. :D scan pic is so cute... <3 congrats that everything is looking good ;)

so tiredness is kicking in now and slight nausea at everything i smell.. not really hungry at all... all i want to do is sleep.:sleep:

could barely get out of bed this morning... DS kept jumping on the bed telling me get up XD and omg my coffee is so disgusting to me now... and i love my coffee in the morning...:cry: how are all you doing?

btw how did you guys approach the whole :sex: at the beginning? My DH is super scared that he will hurt the baby or that it might be too much for me.. and i don't know because last pregnancy i had a miscarriage with the twin to my DS and i had bleeding ofc...

what do you guys think?

We didn't BD much as I wasn't really in the mood and luckily DH was tired too! We now occasionally do it but it's quite uncomfortable. I just used to do things for him if he felt like it, since I didn't really feel in the mood at all :haha:

I am not sure about the blood results as I've never had mine done. Sure all is fine though or they'd have let you know!

Thanks guys! I'm glad it's feeling fast to you all! Lol I guess being on vacation helped and now that I've had my scan I do feel a lot better! I know I'm not out of the dark yet but I've been keeping my feet up as much as possible and staying positive!!

Ready to find out the gender already lol

Velathria I just have missed your newest post!

I never had beta blood draws done so I think you're good but nothing to compare it too!

But as far as the BD goes... My DH isn't afraid at all, it's me who's paranoid! I don't want to do anything that would push a miscarriage! I get so scared with my background that anything could set it off! But I know that's not true and I try to keep up with the BD occasionally, just not as often as were used to lol :haha:

Velathria every pregnancy is different and I don't believe that the one single beta HCG show if everything is perfect. You need at least 2 to make sure it's rising properly. With ds, my levels were 180 at 4weeks 2 days and this time my levels were 460 at 4weeks 2 days. If your worried ask your doctor for another lot of bloods.
We're not bd'ing as I'm too scared to and just not in the mood. When I am in the mood and not ready to pass out from fatigue.

Does anyone have a fetal Doppler? I have one from ds and am curious to what the earliest I could find the HB since all of my apps say the heart starts beating at 5 weeks.

I had a Doppler last time baby doll, but it's broken and I haven't replaced it. I am not sure if I will or not. I definitely don't think it's worth trying until at least 12 weeks as until then it's very difficult if not impossible to hear baby from the outside, and if you can't find it you'll probably panic. I think I started using mine after around 14 weeks with DS and it took ages to find the HB. I think by about 16 weeks I could find it regularly.

Oh no rose. I know they can be hard to find but I found ds at 7 weeks so am curious but like you said, wouldn't want to worry myself for no reason. I didn't use it much with ds, just a few times before I could feel him move regularly. :)

Wow at 7 weeks! What Doppler do you have? It must be much better than mine. It shouldn't be long before you can hear your LO then!

Rose it's this one. I've been told it's better than most that the hospitals use around me. I got it from a garage sale for $20 from a nurse who had just gotten out of midwifery. At the time I didn't realize how good it was just thought it was a bargain but I did some research and asked my midwife I had with ds and found out that way :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
How was everyone's weekend? DH had a rare Saturday off and we went to a fireworks show nearby, which was good. Yesterday we went to an indoor play space that has a bunch of bounce houses and then got BBQ. DD had a great time.

I'm having an emotional time about weaning DD. We haven't nursed in over a week. I was encouraging it because I don't enjoy it now that I'm pregnant, and I wanted to wean her before the new baby comes. But now that we're here I'm quite sad to see that part of our relationship be over. It's been such a central part of my mothering. Had a good few cries over it this weekend. :(

hey slammerkin! we had a good weekend. got to see some fireworks last night with friends. pretty good show this year. and went to a BBQ on Sunday with other friends. was nice to see everyone. glad to hear you enjoyed yours. luckily dh is also off today and is coming with me to my doc app. probaby will just hear heartbeat today I don't think I'm due for any scans. but I am excited regardless.

I am sorry you are having an emotional time trying to wean dd. I didn't breast feed last time so I can't really give any suggestions but I support you! and I wish you much luck. I can imagine the bond it created is very strong which is one reason I want to try it with baby 2. but I can also see your points....I know my boobs are really sore I can't imagine anyone nursing on them I give you props for continuing it this long I to your second pregnancy! plus when baby 2 comes it will be way too taxing for you to be nursing 2 esp most likely at different times of the day. you can do it!!

Slammer- sorry you're going through the emotional roller coaster of weaning! At least she will be ready for baby #2!

Shaele- hope you have a great appt today and get to hear that heartbeat with your hubby!

We had a great 4th of July weekend too! We went to my cousins cabin on Sunday and got to watch fireworks from their boat, then we went to my old hometown yesterday for the parade, carnival and fireworks. They had a ton of great food trucks and we even snuck in some swimming at a friends house in between! My brother in law and his family were in town on Friday and Saturday and they have 3 boys so we were super busy with them!

My son managed to stay awake for the fireworks but fell asleep half way through! :haha: no idea hoe he managed that with it sounding like gunfire right next to us!!

As for me, my sickness has been coming and going a bit more often which is a nice break from the constant nausea I was having. Don't know if it's because I've been busy or what but I do notice i HAVE TO eat or I will do nothing all day and feel horrible. Nothing smells good or is appealing, but as long as I force myself to eat, im OK for a bit.

Hope everyone is doing great! :hugs:

Glad you all had a lovely 4th July weekend :)

We had a lazy one as DH was working away, so DS and I went to a bbq, watched DVDs and generally chilled out. It was nice! I am feeling super exhausted today so we have been having a similarly lazy day today. DH has had the day off so it's nice to have someone else around.

we got a scan and heartbeat at last doc visit! was really cool to see baby moving around. i swear i can feel the movements. i hope that every time i go to doc i get a scan instead of just a doppler!!!

hope everyone else is doing well. there is a moth flying around the lamp next to me freaking me out. it's buzzing as it flies so i keep thinking it's something more scary. sorry random.

so some annoying crap has been happening to me lately. i've been dealing with my credit card being stolen for the past few months and even though as soon as i found out it was being used by other people not me i cancelled it but people are STILL trying to use it! i got a few notifications in the mail yesterday from FedEx saying that i made an account with them (which i did not) and that i have all these shipping charges that i have to pay because when they tried using the credit card it wouldn't go through. (obviously because i cancelled it!) but anyway i was looking through all the charges and people in tons of different states were getting stuff shipped from "me". i don't even know people in other states really. anyway i called up the company to explain and they were like yeah we expected fraud as soon as the card wasn't working (because why would anyone make an account and then use a card that is closed). so im not responsible for any of the charges but people still received their crap whatever they bought. sometimes i hate the human race...

Ugh, that sounds super annoying Shaele. I hope nothing else crops up related to that credit card for you! Random, but I was just listening to an episode of This American Life a few days ago where this girl kept seemingly having her identity and account info stolen again and again even after closing accounts/changing banks repeatedly - turned out it was her boyfriend all along who was stealing her money for, like, 2 years. Crazy!

Have my NT scan in a couple hours!

Everything looked good at the NT scan. :)

My appointment was largely ruined though by the insurance discussion with the receptionist that preceded it. I'm on the hook for a $1,000 deductible that has to be paid by December. Oh, and my deductible is for the calendar year, so since I'm due in January, I'll be on the hook for another $1,000 after the new year. This on top of the $15,000 per year in PREMIUMS I'm paying for my little family of three that only ever goes to the doctor for routine visits. I'm so pissed off at health care in this backwards-ass country. It's criminal. Why can't we have a proper single payer system like the UK and Canada? SO ANGRY. I was crying during the scan because I was so angry about the insurance stuff.

OH Shaele- so sorry for the annoying credit card fraud!! But yay for the great unexpected scan! Was secretly laughing to myself about the random moth comment lol

Slammer- agreed, healthcare deductibles and premiums are ridiculous! Sorry that ruined your scan but so happy u got to see baby again and everything was great!

On a lighter note, I finally downloaded one of those new updated tickers that tracks your pregnancy through more real life food and cravings versus size of the baby during each gestational week. It's a much better perspective for me! Loving it... Baby is a tater tot this week lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->