Ttc #2

hey all!

aww slammerkin yes those copays and other sneaky fees are definitely evil. it's really too bad that had to bring negative energy to something that should just bring joy. i wish health care was just free for everyone. i remember being pregnant with dd and since i have a negative blood type and dh has a positive i needed to get a shot that would protect my baby from my own body attacking it as a foreign and potentially dangerous object. (i'll also need to get it again for this new baby) but anyway the insurance wouldn't pay for it! im like seriously? i told them on the phone how can it not be covered when it puts the baby at risk? come to find out they weren't covering it because we were trying to get it through pharmacy when it needed to be put under medical but you think they would tell me that? no i had to find out for myself...always trying to make money. it's a shame. i am super glad everything looked good on the scan though. that's always good news!

bselck- omg i love your new ticker. a tater tot how cute! i can't believe how fast we are all coming along...i looked at your other tracker and was like omg she's 9 weeks already! you now officially have a fetus lol. how's the nausea? few more weeks and it should ease up!

Omg Shaele that is crazy!! It's like I'm sorry I have to get a shot that will protect my baby!

Going by crazy quick these days with being so busy but still super nauseous :( hopefully just a couple of more weeks of sickness! My high risk clinic called and booked my first appt for July 25th so I will let you all know how that goes too.

Talk to u all soon!! :hugs:

Sorry about the insurance situation girls. We are lucky to have the NHS here. It's not always fantastic and there are lots of things that aren't covered but at least all the basic scans midwife appointments etc are free. we pay a lot of tax and national insurance to cover it but I'm sure it's cheaper than if we had to have separate medical insurance.

I can't believe they'd say you have to pay for the anti D injections that's crazy!!

this pregnancy is flying by! We are just having some plans drawn up to hopefully extend our house to make room for our new arrival. It won't be done before baby comes as it takes months to get planning permission but it's something exciting to pass the time. I can't believe it's July already - before we know it, it will be Autumn and almost time for the babies to arrive :D

Hey guys.. so I am now 5 and a half weeks and not really feeling much yet.. still sore boobs, breaking out in the face,occasional cramping and tightening and bloating but that's it. No nausea yet so thank god for that. Maybe I won't have it this time around ^^

I wish I were as far along as you guys. ... I wanna have my scan. Oh got a fetal doppler from a friend so can't wait to use it. ^^

Btw how are you on nuts and peanuts in general. MIL keeps saying that it's not ok while pregnant but I used to eat alot of nuts with my son and he didnt get any allergies. What do you guys think?

Official guidance in the Uk is to eat nuts as normal. I am eating lots of peanut butter on toast for breakfast but I am not a massive fan of actual nuts so that's all I've been eating really. Interestingly my brother has a severe peanut allergy and my mum said she ate tonnes of peanut butter when pregnant, however I am not allergic and the doctors don't think that would have had any effect, so I am not worried.

I would say that if you and your other half don't have allergies then go ahead and eat what you like :)

Oh - and the early weeks of this pregnancy went by so slowly but since about 8 weeks it seems to have gone in a flash!! Glad you're not feeling sick yet hopefully you'll be lucky and escape it, I've had it much longer than I did with DS :( although I'm ok now most of the time, as long as I don't go too long without a meal.

I thought so too. None of us has allergies so it should be fine. I'm going to ask my doctor just in case but she only told me that I can't eat raw fish or meat, no soft cheese like camembert and that was pretty much it. You'd think she would've said something about nuts..

So did you have any more symptoms at 5 weeks? I just remember feeling so much more tired with DS and I had such bad headaches... can't wait for the first scan to feel better and not worry

Rose this is a gator. Kinda similar to French fries

I cannot believe tomorrow I will be at the halfway mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-09-09-49-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-09-09-49-47.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
Lol Rose- I love when something is foreign to you! Tater tots are so good! It's pretty much like fried potato but they're good!

Hunni- early congrats on reaching half way!

Velathria I have never heard anything about nuts- in fact I've been encouraged to eat them for protein! So I think you're good to go!

lol i too love when things are foreign to you rose. id describe a tater tot as like...hmm...chopped up potato...maybe like hashbrowns...all mushed together into a small cylinder like shape. the outside is crispy and browned from frying. they are quite tasty.

velathria- ive never heard eating nuts while pregnant causes allergies but im also not a doctor. i think youll be fine. im a believer in exposing kids to things early as possible to prevent allergies actually....get their bodies to produce a good immune system. but maybe thats just cause no one in my family seems to have allergies instead. hope the nausea keeps staying away for you! my face broke out with dd but has been really nice with this pregnancy. crazy how it can be different from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy in same person! dont worry by 8 weeks days will seem to go by quicker. i think by then the new excitement of a positive hpt has worn off and youre just stuck waiting so you kind of push it aside most of the day.

hunni thats amazing! half way already wow. congrats! cant wait until i can say the same.

Yeah I've never heard anything about nuts in pregnancy either.

My symptoms didn't really start until 6 weeks I think.

So laying here and going for a scan tomorrow cause I started bleeding today and have black clots coming out... but no cramping or anything. Doc put me on bed rest and got me scheduled for a scan tomorrow...

Hope everytime is ok.. I'm so worried. .. :(

Velathria thinking of you :hugs: I am keeping everything crossed that it's just some random bleeding and will resolve itself, like mine. I was very worried at the time (had a couple of clots and light bleeding) and it turned out to be nothing so I am hoping it will be the same for you. Take it easy :hugs:

Oh no velathria! think positive I'm sure you are just fine and like rose said maybe it means nothing. hoping you are taking it easy and not worrying too much. it doesn't help things anyway even though I know easier said than done....keep us updated on how you are doing!

Hey Velathria have you had the scan yet? Thinking of you :hugs:

:hi: sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I've been busy getting ready for ds's birthday yesterday. He had a great day doing lots of things he loves including his swimming lesson (first one where it was just the instructor another child and him), we took him to the arcade where he won enough tickets for 2 plush toys. He was super spoilt with presents as well. My MIL bought him his own iPad!! Today we're off to Australia Zoo. It'll be ds's first zoo.

Velathria, I'm so sorry to hear! I'm hoping you've had the scan done and everything is fine like Rose said.

Velathria- so sorry! Thinking of you! Let us know how the scan goes!

Babydoll- so glad your DS had a great birthday! When is your next scan?

BSelk; my first scan is this Thursday.

Oh and I forgot to write in my previous post. Here in Australia tater tots are called "potato gems".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->