Ttc #2

BSelk; my first scan is this Thursday.

Oh and I forgot to write in my previous post. Here in Australia tater tots are called "potato gems".

Potato gems!!! I love it!

Yay can't wait for Thursday!

Glad your DS had a great birthday Babydoll :) looking forward to hearing about your scan!

I had an appointment with the midwife today, heard baby's HB - DS came too so it was nice for him to hear his brother/sister :)

My favourite store has a sale starting from tomorrow and I've seen the preview and there are some gorgeous baby clothes! I am thinking I might order some girls bits and then if it's a boy return them. They're all 50% off RRP and I really love their clothes, there are loads of little summer dresses which I would love to buy just in case. If it's a boy and they won't return them, I'm sure I could sell them on eBay for pretty much what I paid for them.

Potato gems - omg, so much classier than tater tots, lol! Happy birthday to your DS - glad he had a great day!

Gotta love potato gems lol.

I'm worried about vel.

So someone broke in my car last night

Hi girls

So I've not posted in here in forever. I was so worried about this symptom-less pregnancy, that I convinced myself I'd had a MMC. I kept off all boards apart from my journal and just felt like I couldn't bring myself to post myself here and the other group I'm on.

Anyway, to cut a long story short - all is good :) As soon as I saw the heartbeat and saw baby wriggling it's arms and legs, I just burst into tears out of pure relief and happiness. The only downside is that the sonographer was unable to accurately date the pregnancy or measure the fluid behind it's neck as baby was lying in the wrong position and wouldn't move despite several efforts. I was in there ages and had a really long scan - she really tried her best to get the measurements. I must have been in there about half an hour! I go back on 1st August for another dating scan and quad blood test. She provisionally dated me at 12 weeks 6 days as opposed 12 weeks 0 days. The baby seemed to be measuring ahead which is weird as I know when I ovulated. However, on the plus, I will be a whole week ahead and one step closer to my due date. I will have this confirmed on the 1st August.

We told our daughter tonight even though we originally wanted to leave it to 20 weeks. But it is likely she is going to have to come to my 15 week scan because it's on a day I am not working and it's first thing in the morning so I'll have no childcare. She asked a few questions but was pretty chilled , bless her!

rose - yay for hearing the heartbeat. So special :) I take you have a Next VIP slot? I've booked one for Thursday and hoping to pick up some maternity clothes and newborn stuff.

Congratulations BabyDoll on your BFP! I am late to the party I know, but I have been reading :)

Vel - if you're reading this, I really hope everything is ok :hugs:

hunni - congrats on finding out you're expecting a girl! Sorry someone broke into your car last night, how awful :(

I feel sorry for you American ladies with the insurance faff and costs. The NHS here isn't fantastic, but it has always served me well and is free (to an extent).

Glad all is going well BSelck, slammer and Shaele :)

ps - I love the sound of a tator tot, yum!

Oh Pompey! So good to hear from you and so good to hear everything is great with baby bean!

I totally understand all the worries no matter how many symptoms you have! Glad you told your daughter as now u can talk freely about the new baby and it will all become so much more real!

My baby is the size of a Ferrera Rocher chocolate today!! :haha: I just feel like this ticker is my comic relief during this pregnancy!! 😂😂😂

Glad to hear from you pompey! You're only a week behind me according to your ticker!

All the baby updates from various websites and apps say I may experience increased sex drive this week. LOL. Yeah right. Poor DH. I have no interest. I'm gonna try to throw him a bone soon, but blahhhh. Sex just seems distasteful these days, heh. Plus I'm too damn tired.

We've told DD and she's as excited as a 2.5-year-old can really be since I don't think it's something she can fully understand. She will kiss my belly/the baby if prompted, which is sweet. :)

Pompey I'm so glad everything is ok! Nothing beats seeing that flickering HB on the first scan :) yes it's a next VIP slot - I've just ordered some bits, annoyingly lots of things I wanted were out of stock when I added them to basket (I so wish they'd delete the ones that aren't actually available!!) but I got some cute dresses leggings etc so fingers crossed I'll get to use them ;) glad your daughter is cool with it! I am sure she will get more excited as she gets more used to the idea.

I love fererro rocher BSelck! I love them whizzed up in milkshake the most.

Slammer I'm still not interested in sex. I make the effort every week or two but sleep is so much more appealing right now!! That's sweet about your DD :)

I'm so sorry Velathria just seen your avatar - thinking of you and hoping that it won't be long before you have your beautiful rainbow :hugs:

I am off to the spa tomorrow with my mum - I can't wait! I booked it for a treat for her ages ago and it's finally time :D I am having a pregnancy massage and we get dinner etc. It starts at 5pm and finishes at 10pm. Will be such a nice afternoon treat! I am already suffering with sciatica and the base of my spine keeps clicking :( I have a physio referral but I expect it will be a month or two before they can fit me in. I didn't ever have it this early last time so I'm a bit worried about how bad it might get.

So sorry Vel

@rose: lucky you!! i dream of going to a spa

@slam: I dont have the urge to have sex neither lol.

For round 2 months I have been getting migraines that are getting worse i see lights flashing, pressure in my head, and they were getting too hard to handle. I had to see a neuro Wed and he prescribed me Lortabs 5 for whenever I have them.

Now i remember with my son I had to take these for a toothache and he is fine I guess i am worried with this pregnancy being high risk.

I have been having headaches hunni, but not migraines. It is so difficult to carry on all day when you have a pounding headache! Glad the dr has prescribed something to help. Mine seem to have got a little better in the last week or so, before that I had a constant headache for weeks, so I'm hoping that they won't get worse again.

I just worry because these are narcotics... But my migraines will have me vomiting at times

If the doctor has given them to you then I wouldn't worry - they obviously think the benefits outweigh the risks :)

Yeah....it is 4am and I have one. Took Tylenol pm before bed and still woke up with it

Velathria - so sorry to see you've lost this little one. :hugs: I hope to see you back here and pregnant again soon.

There have been a lot of women complaining of headaches in my due date thread. It seems like such a common (but horrible) pregnancy symptom. I hope the medication works hunni and that you don't have to take it often.

Rose, sounds like a lovely evening you have planned. :) Back pain is horrible too. I had it with DD and was seeing a chiro twice weekly for a long time. I haven't really had any so far with this pregnancy, which is nice.

I was totally going to try to give DH some sex this week, but then we was only home one night, so we didn't really get a chance. Maybe next week.

Can we get some bump pics??? Here's my most recent from this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_160501.jpg
    IMG_20160713_160501.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
20w

Attachments

• IMG_20160619_135002.jpg
    IMG_20160619_135002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
Aw lovely bumps :)

I want to post mine but it just asks for a URL it doesn't give me the option to upload?

Hope this works...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
Nice bumps! Rose, I feel like mine is as big as yours already and I'm 5 weeks behind you, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->