Ttc #2

Amber - I think your temps don't lie. Looking at your previous charts, on o day your temp is around 96.4 as it was on CD 35 this time. And then your temp rises pretty significantly so I think you O'd on Cd 35!

Mommy - I hear you, I got so impatient. Now I'm a bit more relaxed about it. I'm sure that'll change in no time. Btw I had long cycles before DS. 5-7 weeks long. He was conceived on CD 31 if I remember correctly. So just because they are longer it doesn't mean you can't conceive as long as you catch O and have a sufficient LP. Mine was 11 days back then.

Afm, I think I have finally O'd. There is finally starting to be more creamy cm than ew and the ew is not as stretchy. When I look at how I felt. I want to say I o'ed yesterday. Got some mild twinges around 6pm and immediately after that my uterus started to feel sore. It was actually tender when I checked for cm an cp. and my nipples got quite sore when DS was nursing. Oh that was fun. The only thing that throws me off a bit is that cm was more and stretchier the day before. My theory is that if I'm correct the ewcm is the result of a spike in estrogen which is at it's highest right before O but not during or the day of. So maybe it makes sense that it starts to change the cm as estrogen begins to decline by the time I O. I could be so wrong, but I like my theory ;). Now please give a high temp in the morning, pleeeeaaaasssee.

US ladies, I need some help. Feeling like I have cystitis and I'm not familiar at all yet with the pharmacy products over here. Is there anything I can get for this?

US ladies, I need some help. Feeling like I have cystitis and I'm not familiar at all yet with the pharmacy products over here. Is there anything I can get for this?

Usually antibiotics here for cystitis/UTI, they don't really recommend anything to reduce the acidity of urine I've noticed :shrug: Drinking plenty of water will help dilute it a bit, I don't think a pharmacy will give out antibiotics without a prescription

What is cystitis and what would you generally get in the UK?

Inflammation/infection in your urinary tract, Usually they have over the counter meds with Sodium bicarbonate or Potassium citrate

fxmummyduck, look for a wallgreens or a CVS pharmacy, after looking I see there's some OTC meds here, AZO, Uristat, or Cystex but they're just pain relief nothing to actually reduce the acidity. Whenever I've had a UTI they always just give antibiotics and tell you to take a few tylenol

It's inflammation of the urinary tract, sometimes goes to the bladder. It hurts when you pee, and you feel like you have to go all the time.

In the U.K. I used to get sachets to dissolve in water, I can't remember what they're called its been ages since I've had this!

Inflammation/infection in your urinary tract, Usually they have over the counter meds with Sodium bicarbonate or Potassium citrate

fxmummyduck, look for a wallgreens or a CVS pharmacy, after looking I see there's some OTC meds here, AZO, Uristat, or Cystex but they're just pain relief nothing to actually reduce the acidity. Whenever I've had a UTI they always just give antibiotics and tell you to take a few tylenol

Thanks Disney, i guess I could always buy some bicarbonate and dissolve it in a glass of water.

I'll have a look for the other things too.

I don't think it's bad enough for antibiotics and I'd rather stay clear of them if I can.

Amber - I think your temps don't lie. Looking at your previous charts, on o day your temp is around 96.4 as it was on CD 35 this time. And then your temp rises pretty significantly so I think you O'd on Cd 35!

Mommy - I hear you, I got so impatient. Now I'm a bit more relaxed about it. I'm sure that'll change in no time. Btw I had long cycles before DS. 5-7 weeks long. He was conceived on CD 31 if I remember correctly. So just because they are longer it doesn't mean you can't conceive as long as you catch O and have a sufficient LP. Mine was 11 days back then.

Afm, I think I have finally O'd. There is finally starting to be more creamy cm than ew and the ew is not as stretchy. When I look at how I felt. I want to say I o'ed yesterday. Got some mild twinges around 6pm and immediately after that my uterus started to feel sore. It was actually tender when I checked for cm an cp. and my nipples got quite sore when DS was nursing. Oh that was fun. The only thing that throws me off a bit is that cm was more and stretchier the day before. My theory is that if I'm correct the ewcm is the result of a spike in estrogen which is at it's highest right before O but not during or the day of. So maybe it makes sense that it starts to change the cm as estrogen begins to decline by the time I O. I could be so wrong, but I like my theory ;). Now please give a high temp in the morning, pleeeeaaaasssee.

The only REAL temps on my chart are from CD34-38. All the rest of them are ghost temps so that FF would detect my O, bc I know I did, I just didn't have the data put in for FF to 'detect' it, if that makes sense, so all the others are just made up. If I put the chart setting on Advanced or Research it puts O date as CD35, but if I put it on Family Awareness it changes it to CD36. I am inclinded to think I O'd on CD36, but I am not entirely positive. I was still having O pains after CD35 and I still had VERY fertile signs esp. my CM on CD 36 as well as a HSO cervix. :shrug:

If you look at my past charts now, you will see what I'm talking about. I had the one previous set to OPK, not the other settings, and forgot to change it back.

And Mom15- You are actually correct on you theory.

Hello ladies, we're ttc #2. It's been 1 year since I've received a kidney and pancreas transplant. I am having blood test done soon bc I have... every... single... pregnancy symptom!! Except a BFP test. Dh thinks todays, taken in late afternoon, may have the start of something. Docs say we need to check blood bc it's more sensitive of a test and if pregnant I have to be removed off one anti rejection med as it causes many issues including maternal and fetal death. And then placed O. A different O e. If not pregnant I will be tapered off med and placed on the othet so that when I do get pregnant all will be safe. I had light spotting when af was due last weekend, but only noticed it on tp and internal check. No panty liner needed. Anyways, hello and I am posting a pic to see what you all think if a line is starting.

Attachments

• 39_1473453943829.jpg
    39_1473453943829.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 12
Peanut, the funny thing is that I swear I see the beginnings of a line in the thumbnail, but I'm not quite as sure with the enlarged photo! I really hope it gets darker. Or maybe your blood test will reveal some good news?

I'm having a slightly tough day. I'm 9 DPO today, CD21. Yesterday I felt these weird pinching needle-like pains in my pelvis. I felt a couple in the morning and then they really intensified at night. I actually let myself start believing it was a good sign! It's in the right spot and has that sharp, fleeting quality that some people say is associated with implantation. I haven't been cramping at all (no AF-style cramps).

So today I buckled and tested. I got my positive last pregnancy on CD21, which I calculated was 10 DPO, but I wasn't using OPKs back then. And I'd read that this brand could potentially pick up positives at 9 DPO. But it was a BFN. Kind of a letdown ... I know it's not over until my period actually arrives, but I had been in such a hopeful mood and the BFN put a damper on that.

So much for my resolve to not test early.

Hello ladies, we're ttc #2. It's been 1 year since I've received a kidney and pancreas transplant. I am having blood test done soon bc I have... every... single... pregnancy symptom!! Except a BFP test. Dh thinks todays, taken in late afternoon, may have the start of something. Docs say we need to check blood bc it's more sensitive of a test and if pregnant I have to be removed off one anti rejection med as it causes many issues including maternal and fetal death. And then placed O. A different O e. If not pregnant I will be tapered off med and placed on the othet so that when I do get pregnant all will be safe. I had light spotting when af was due last weekend, but only noticed it on tp and internal check. No panty liner needed. Anyways, hello and I am posting a pic to see what you all think if a line is starting.

Welcome to the group! What a rough time you've had, I hope that things are starting to look up for you guy's :hugs: I do see something in the pic. Are those the test you have been testing with the whole time or have you used other brands? I've used those same test's before and gotten lines similar to yours now in the time limit and it was a FALSE positive. Not that yours definitely is, I just wanted you to know that sometimes they are not that reliable. :(

Welcome to the group! What a rough time you've had, I hope that things are starting to look up for you guy's :hugs: I do see something in the pic. Are those the test you have been testing with the whole time or have you used other brands? I've used those same test's before and gotten lines similar to yours now in the time limit and it was a FALSE positive. Not that yours definitely is, I just wanted you to know that sometimes they are not that reliable. :(
No I've used others and bfn, this is a almart comparable to ept, it was at 4 minutes so within time limit. 8 have a different store brand, fro m another store for Sunday. Docs want blood just based on my symptoms and telling them bfn bc too many symptoms not to be they said

No I've used others and bfn, this is a almart comparable to ept, it was at 4 minutes so within time limit. 8 have a different store brand, fro m another store for Sunday. Docs want blood just based on my symptoms and telling them bfn bc too many symptoms not to be they said

Well, your spotting sounds a lot like an Implantation bleed, so that's definitely a good sign. I just know that one particular test you uploaded is really bad about giving false positive lines in the time limit. If you go to Walmart.com and look them up, read through the reviews. They are all HORRIBLE. I didn't know that when I bought mine. I bought a HUGE lot of them on ebay for a steal, and then later started looking up reviews well after they had arrived, only to find out they were not too great or reliable. I hope for your sake that it is a real positive, and I'm not trying to get you down or be hurtful, so please don't take it that way. Have you tried a FRER? They are super sensitive. I just saw on another thread a lady have a very clear line on one, and her blood beta came back as a level 3!!!! The FRER was picking up a level of 3mIU in her urine! How crazy is that? But, there are a very small percentage of women that will never get a positive pregnancy test when they are pregnant. I can't remember what the reason was behind it, which is a shame bc I've read several articles on it, but something about the hcg they produce or it doesn't ever go to their urine?

Here is a snipet from an article on the subject: Are you on Diuretics?

However, a qualitative pregnancy blood test may provide a negative result even though you are pregnant if you take any diuretics as they can interfere with the test results. The timing of this test is also important, as it will only show a positive after 7 to 10 days after you have become pregnant.

A quantitative pregnancy blood test is also affected by the use of diuretics, but it can fail to detect hCG even when you are pregnant if it is taken too early, or if the hCG levels are too low. Keep in mind that it does take at least 7 days after fertilization for this type of blood test to become positive. Very low hCG levels can be the result of an ectopic pregnancy, a miscarriage, or an abortion.

This is a very interesting read from another forum of ladies that have actually had pregnancies where they either never had hcg in urine or blood, or it didn't show up until well into the pregnancy, or some were only confirmed by an US, and some had no clue and had an xray for something else, only for fetal bones to show up in there belly!!!! How crazy. But this isn't what I was referring to up there, there is actually a few different medical reasons as to why some women won't test + on urine test, and it's only in blood or it's in neither, but still have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

https://www.babycenter.com/400_pregnant-but-no-hcg_14233005_547.bc

Well, your spotting sounds a lot like an Implantation bleed, so that's definitely a good sign. I just know that one particular test you uploaded is really bad about giving false positive lines in the time limit. If you go to Walmart.com and look them up, read through the reviews. They are all HORRIBLE. I didn't know that when I bought mine. I bought a HUGE lot of them on ebay for a steal, and then later started looking up reviews well after they had arrived, only to find out they were not too great or reliable. I hope for your sake that it is a real positive, and I'm not trying to get you down or be hurtful, so please don't take it that way. Have you tried a FRER? They are super sensitive. I just saw on another thread a lady have a very clear line on one, and her blood beta came back as a level 3!!!! The FRER was picking up a level of 3mIU in her urine! How crazy is that? But, there are a very small percentage of women that will never get a positive pregnancy test when they are pregnant. I can't remember what the reason was behind it, which is a shame bc I've read several articles on it, but something about the hcg they produce or it doesn't ever go to their urine?

However, a qualitative pregnancy blood test may provide a negative result even though you are pregnant if you take any diuretics as they can interfere with the test results. The timing of this test is also important, as it will only show a positive after 7 to 10 days after you have become pregnant.

A quantitative pregnancy blood test is also affected by the use of diuretics, but it can fail to detect hCG even when you are pregnant if it is taken too early, or if the hCG levels are too low. Keep in mind that it does take at least 7 days after fertilization for this type of blood test to become positive. Very low hCG levels can be the result of an ectopic pregnancy, a miscarriage, or an abortion.

This is a very interesting read from another forum of ladies that have actually had pregnancies where they either never had hcg in urine or blood, or it didn't show up until well into the pregnancy, or some were only confirmed by an US, and some had no clue and had an xray for something else, only for fetal bones to show up in there belly!!!! How crazy. But this isn't what I was referring to up there, there is actually a few different medical reasons as to why some women won't test + on urine test, and it's only in blood or it's in neither, but still have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

No not on diuretics, it's okay if it is bfn, just looks like maybe something there was all. Never used frer as they are very costly. I stick to cheap ones. Especially if negative. When pregnant with dd I tried a frer it said negative and I had already had first us. I was a type 1 diabetic so high risk. But thanks for the info. If I was 100% sure I was pregnant and actively trying to be I may concise them. I plan to retest anyways til I get solid line.

No not on diuretics, it's okay if it is bfn, just looks like maybe something there was all. Never used frer as they are very costly. I stick to cheap ones. Especially if negative. When pregnant with dd I tried a frer it said negative and I had already had first us. I was a type 1 diabetic so high risk. But thanks for the info. If I was 100% sure I was pregnant and actively trying to be I may concise them. I plan to retest anyways til I get solid line.

You probably got a neg on the FRER after you US bc once you reach between 6-8wks pregnant there is something called "the hook effect" where your hcg levels are so high, the test can't pick any of it up, and it will read negative. So, the test was probably functioning fine, you probably just had too much hcg for it to test positive. Sounds ridiculous and crazy I know. BUT the .88cent walmart test's are actually very good tests. They are cheap and are 25miu, the same sensitivity of FRER's and CB's so you will get early results for way cheaper. Just don't look at them after the time limit bc they are very bad for evaps.

Welcome peanut! Fx there is a line in the making.

Afm, cm is def back to not fertile. I think I O'ed cd 24, but I'm still waiting to see my temp rise. I did order some opk's so now I have to study how to use them right. I might save them for the next cycle as we will be staying with my parents and it seems too complicated to be going to the bathroom all the time to poas when we'll be out and about a lot. I am also staying 10 days longer than hubby and I o as early as I did this time I would o the day after he leaves. And since this was my earliest I ever I could easily o a few days after he leaves. So I might safe the opk's for when we are back and get really serious about ttc. I just realized because we didn't try this cycle, I don't want the tww to go by fast as I know it will end in AF and the last one was not fun. Then again I am very curious to see (tmi) what it looks like as both the Mayan massage and the vaginal steams are supposed to be cleansing and help remove old blood. I'll report if anyone is interested.

Welcome peanut! Fx there is a line in the making.

Afm, cm is def back to not fertile. I think I O'ed cd 24, but I'm still waiting to see my temp rise. I did order some opk's so now I have to study how to use them right. I might save them for the next cycle as we will be staying with my parents and it seems too complicated to be going to the bathroom all the time to poas when we'll be out and about a lot. I am also staying 10 days longer than hubby and I o as early as I did this time I would o the day after he leaves. And since this was my earliest I ever I could easily o a few days after he leaves. So I might safe the opk's for when we are back and get really serious about ttc. I just realized because we didn't try this cycle, I don't want the tww to go by fast as I know it will end in AF and the last one was not fun. Then again I am very curious to see (tmi) what it looks like as both the Mayan massage and the vaginal steams are supposed to be cleansing and help remove old blood. I'll report if anyone is interested.

Interested! ***But are they safe to do if you are in you TWW and might be pregnant?*** Also, you should go ahead and get all the BDing in you can while you away, as you are most fertile in the day's leading up to your O, not the day you actually O. You are actually more likely to get pregnant from sex had the day before you O then sex on the same day. And as soon as you start seeing fertile CM, that is your body telling you you are fertile and receptive to receiving seed to fertilize an egg, which can be up to 5 (some studies say 7 but that's rare) days before you O. Sex during those days are more likely to result in pregnancy. The little swimmers make their long arduous journey all the way to the tubes were they take a little napsy poo/ hibernate until they "smell" the egg making it's way down the tube and then they use a sense kind of like smell to locate it and penetrate the egg. Remember, sperm don't have eyes :rofl: But if you think you will O right after he leaves, I would have sex everyday up until then. That would cover your bases thoroughly and probably actually result in a BFP!!!! As far as the OPK's go, get wondfo's the blue and white ones that actually say WONDFO on the package, they are the best for OPK's and if you have any ?'s I'm your girl ;) You can usually find a better deal on wondfo opks on eBay too, instead of paying amazon's prices.

Amber - definitely have to be careful with those things while ttc. Absolutely NO steam after bd and O if you are trying. The massage is safe after 20 weeks of pregnancy. I have to read up on during tww, but I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to do it. Later more....DS is melting down

So on the opk's I got some other brand, not the cheapest, but I know they are not wondfo's. Thanks for the eBay tip.

FINALLY got my temp spike. So I'm pretty sure CD 24 was o day. Any thoughts on the chance that I did conceive? I want to do another steam right before Af for it's cleansing effect. I feel like the chance is sooo small. There was no fertile mucus and it's 5 days out from o. Of course I have this suspicious dip on cd 22, but so many signs happened on CD 24.

Hey -- I'm a wreck today. Strong pinching pains on 8 DPO and then mild ones on 9 DPO. Woke up today, 10 DPO, to find some light brown spotting, which went to reddish. The actual discharge was pale brown. The rest of it is just a tinge on the toilet paper, not full discharge. And I saw a big temp drop from yesterday.

This is driving me crazy. I know I ovulated on CD 12, so if I'm getting my period today, that puts me at a 9-day luteal phase. I do have shorter and irregular cycles, but I always figured it was because I ovulated earlier. Last cycle, I had a 25-day period with ovulation around day 12, so a 13-day luteal phase. Have you ever heard of luteal phases varying in length? I'm so discouraged and sad this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->