Ttc #2

Mom15 my son nurses just as much (or even MORE) at night than yours does but I think my LP has slowly increased to about 11 days over the past 6 months (he's 2 now). So hopefully there's hope. I did find that taking vit b6 made a difference too. On any case I know that it's highly variable and some women have their cycles more affected by nursing than others.
Fxmummyduck things are sounding optimistic! When are you going to test??

Omg! So nauseated, not cool at all. Probably nothing related to bd 2 days ago when I may have O. But, holy grossness

I agree with Anne, mom15. B6 can help lengthen your lp. My son nurses like crazy but somehow I manage a 17 day lp and I still don't have anything exciting happening. Confirmed I am O and nothing. DH and I decided if he gets to be 2 and im still not pregnant I'll wean him. I just struggled so hard to bf it's hard to wean and he needs it so much at night.

I am jealous of you ladies who were and are capable of bf. We tried and dd couldn't latch, and my kidneys failed, and high bp. So I wasn't allowed to bf

I am jealous of you ladies who were and are capable of bf. We tried and dd couldn't latch, and my kidneys failed, and high bp. So I wasn't allowed to bf

It was quite literally the hardest thing I've ever done. I can easily understand why it doesn't work for some. Ds wasn't transferring my milk properly and my supply tanked. I supplemented him until I got help. Chiropractic care helped him transfer my milk and in the mean time I had to triple feed (nurse, pump, supplement) for two months. I couldn't leave my house. I was robbed of spending that one on one with him. But it meant a lot to me and I did it. There's no way he would wean right now.

I'm a doula and I take great pleasure in helping women bf. You really need a great support team around you to be successful. Some don't struggle but I've only met a handful of those women. Lucky ladies.

Mom15 my son nurses just as much (or even MORE) at night than yours does but I think my LP has slowly increased to about 11 days over the past 6 months (he's 2 now). So hopefully there's hope. I did find that taking vit b6 made a difference too. On any case I know that it's highly variable and some women have their cycles more affected by nursing than others.
Fxmummyduck things are sounding optimistic! When are you going to test??
Thanks anneburg, testing Monday. Trying not to get my hopes up but I think I already have.

It was quite literally the hardest thing I've ever done. I can easily understand why it doesn't work for some. Ds wasn't transferring my milk properly and my supply tanked. I supplemented him until I got help. Chiropractic care helped him transfer my milk and in the mean time I had to triple feed (nurse, pump, supplement) for two months. I couldn't leave my house. I was robbed of spending that one on one with him. But it meant a lot to me and I did it. There's no way he would wean right now.

I'm a doula and I take great pleasure in helping women bf. You really need a great support team around you to be successful. Some don't struggle but I've only met a handful of those women. Lucky ladies.

Oh my goodness, my hat goes off to anyone who manages to bf! I found it terrible, only managed 3 months combi feeding and never without a nipple shield. It was SO painful I'd have rather been in labour again. Ds was tongue tied, poor latch, flat, cracked bleeding nipples, poor supply...I am getting anxious just thinking about bfing another baby!

Oh my goodness, my hat goes off to anyone who manages to bf! I found it terrible, only managed 3 months combi feeding and never without a nipple shield. It was SO painful I'd have rather been in labour again. Ds was tongue tied, poor latch, flat, cracked bleeding nipples, poor supply...I am getting anxious just thinking about bfing another baby!

If you want to try next time around I highly suggest finding a support group while you're pregnant and you can tackle some of those issues before baby comes. La Leche league has amazing women. My ds had a very slight ULT and now that his teeth have come in he has quite the cute little gap.

Ahhhh you guys! I had a terrible time bfing. It didn't help I had three different nurses telling me their way was best, I cried for weeks, my son cried for weeks, he was so hungry! We quit and it still bothers me! Glad I'm not alone on the difficulty thing, I so admire those who can do it! I have a friend who bf like a champ and I'm always impressed. Yikes!

:hugs: to yall

I have read about B6. What dosage do you recommend? I've also read to take it in a vit b complex. Any thoughts on that?

Mom15 the dosages I found online that were recommended for TTC were 50-100mg of b6 in complex with vitamin b12.
It does lower prolactin though so it might lower your milk supply (this was not a bad thing for me!)

Thanks Anne! I will get some and give it a try. Vitex can also have that affect, although I have not noticed a difference. I too do not have a supply issue. I'm pretty sure if anything I used to over produce. I nursed on demand for a long time which meant all the time. Maybe that's why. And if my supply drops maybe it even helps with slowly weaning. I am not anxious to wean, just enough I guess to get pregnant. 95% of the time I love nursing, just those times when he just won't fall asleep and doesn't want to unlatch. For nap today he switched boobies 6 times. It was getting uncomfortable. I am thankful though that I has a pretty easy time although not pain free. I think it was around 3-4 month when I first remember hey it doesn't hurt anymore. I am sorry for all of you who have struggled with it, so I am very appreciative that it worked for us.

So af showed for me 😢 Feeling very down about it today. It looks like my luteal length is only 9 days this month. No idea what's happened it's usually been 12,13 or 14 days. Gutted.

So af showed for me 😢 Feeling very down about it today. It looks like my luteal length is only 9 days this month. No idea what's happened it's usually been 12,13 or 14 days. Gutted.

:hugs: I'm so sorry. I know how devastating the disappointment can be.

As for LP, I've been reading a lot about them lately and it seems like it's quite a common issue. If you're usually 12-14 days, there's no reason to think that you won't go back to normal next month. And if it does continue, LP seems like a fairly easy issue to address, as issues go. Plus you can find a LOT of stories of women conceiving naturally with short LPs. I hope all that gives you some peace of mind, but I know it's still hard.

:hugs: I'm so sorry. I know how devastating the disappointment can be.

As for LP, I've been reading a lot about them lately and it seems like it's quite a common issue. If you're usually 12-14 days, there's no reason to think that you won't go back to normal next month. And if it does continue, LP seems like a fairly easy issue to address, as issues go. Plus you can find a LOT of stories of women conceiving naturally with short LPs. I hope all that gives you some peace of mind, but I know it's still hard.

Thank you, everyone on here is so supportive. I just feel very irregular and unpredictable to what I'm used to. My last few cycles have been:
32 days with 13 lp
25 days with 11lp
31 days with 12 lp
26 days with 9 lp

I'll have a read up on luteal phase and what I can do.

Nausea sucks, as do headaches. Hope it's all for a good reason

So sorry mummyduck.

Hope you feel better soon peanuts momma.

Well I found out I'm pregnant this morning. Had an invalid test last night but the test line popped half way up. Went and got a test this morning. It was positive. I'm in shock right now. We dtd two days before O and nothing after. I don't know what to think lol.

I have my Fx for you ladies.

So sorry mummyduck.

Hope you feel better soon peanuts momma.

Well I found out I'm pregnant this morning. Had an invalid test last night but the test line popped half way up. Went and got a test this morning. It was positive. I'm in shock right now. We dtd two days before O and nothing after. I don't know what to think lol.

I have my Fx for you ladies.

Woot woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"