• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #2

Welcome MrsK! Where are you in your cycle?

Thanks for the welcome! I lost track of time because one of my besties was in town and it turns out I'm on day 14! Oops! I ovulate a bit late so we're not out of the game if we get cracking tonight, but if it's not our month I won't be shocked. I'd better see if I can fit another ticker in my signature.

I just ordered pregnancy tests last night. I was an obsessive tester last time but I still knew I was pregnant before my positive test, so maybe I'll calm down a little this time.

Welcome MrsK!! I also have a short Lp. I am assuming due to nursing. I have made to 8dpo but last cycle wih traveling I went back to a 3 day LP :(. I will try a B complec and see if that helps. Are still nursing as well?

And I'm sorry I need to proof read more. So many typos....

Three days? Oh gosh, that would definitely complicate things. Mine is just barely short, usually 8 or 9 days. It was short before my son so I don't think nursing is a factor, but we are still nursing.

It looks like we're on the same timeline here, I'm 33 and my son was born March 2015 ��

Yes we are!! Will be interesting to see if our #2's keep up that pattern. Ready, set, go...haha

Sorry to jump in, mom15 are you already on magnesium supplements? A few of my friends have had them work wonders to make cycles more regular and 'normal', just from Holland and Barrett, it's good for you anyways :)

I was going to post anyway... I'm feeling so down. We've been trying for n2 for months now, at least 8, I know it can be totally normal for it to take so much longer but I've just lost all faith :( I'm due my period today and this cycle we had a lovely anniversary hotel stay the day before I ov'd, confirmed with opk and I'm feeling all the usual period symptoms and I know it's just going to come and it'll feel like no matter how perfect we get it, it's not working. I'm scared of seeing red again.

I'm sorry, I know I sound very silly, I just needed to vent somewhere where people could understand. Does anyone else feel like this? I think it's hard because it was a happy accident with my daughter and you don't expect it to be hard. I'm also quite over weight and I can't help but worry I'm stopping myself getting pregnant due to that *sigh*

It's completely natural to be upset, mummafrog. Our son only took about four cycles of actually trying and I still got discouraged every month.

I doubt your weight is an issue unless you have related issues like PCOS. I was fat when I got pregnant last time and I know plenty of bigger mamas.

Mummafrog - thank you for the magnesium tip. Had not heard of it. I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. Like MrsK said there are plenty of overweight mamas so don't beat yourself up by thinking that's why it hasn't worked. If you don't mind me asking, where you overweight when you conceived your daughter? If so you have your answer that it didn't affect you then. Sending you lots of babydust!!

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been in for a while it's hard watching everyone ttc when you're taking a couple months off! Still cheering you all on though!!

I'm still tracking and really pleased I've made it to cd29!! Yay!! And with NO spotting either, it's a miracle!

What have I done differently? Stopped ALL supplements and I feel so much better. No boob pain straight after O, no crazy mood swings, cramps are better and cm has been easy to track. I really don't think they agreed with me.

Anyway, baby dust to you all. One more cycle and I'll be back!

Fxmummy - good to hear from you! I know it's hard skipping cycles. I just skipped two in a row. Where your cycles very short before?

Hi mom15, thanks!

It's all been strange, usually had cycles from 29-35 days and then after we moved U.K to USA they were 25-26 days with a 9 day luteal phase. So I just feel like I'm starting to get back to my normal. Of course it was typical that they were all messed up just as we were trying to ttc. Keeping my fingers crossed they stay this way! You can't underestimate how much stress, a big move etc can affect you.

Thanks for your support my dears, I was feeling very down that day. It turns out I was being very silly indeed because I tested last night with a frer at 12dpo and got a pretty good line in the time limit! I still don't trust it though because I've had a lot of fake lines so I'm going to test again tomorrow morning at 14dpo and if it's darker me and hubby will celebrate hehe. I'm crampy and scared atm.

I was overweight with my first daughter too, about the same I think so you're right I shouldn't worry about that.

I'm sorry you've had to miss some cycles, that always drives me crazy :/

Where is everyone else in their cycle? X

Congratulations, mumma! Cramps are pretty common, did you have them with your daughter? I had them with Teddy and it freaked me out even knowing it was normal. I feel like it's the one pregnancy symptom nobody warned me about.

Congrats mumma!! Hope your line darkens and you can celebrate :)

Yeah I did have horrendous cramps with her, these are mild in comparison haha. I'm sorry to pop up randomly and end up with bfp news, I was sure it wouldn't happen! But I got my cb digi positive today so no denying that, praying for a sticky :)

Good luck everyone here <3 I'll keep an eye on your journeys, hope to see you on the other boards very soon x

I finally got a positive OPK! DH thinks he's feeling up to some action tonight, so we're not totally out after all. Not getting my hopes up that we'll get a hole in one, but it's better than nothing.

No, never had any testing done. Before DS my doctor was like you might just be one of those with long cycles. I think he is more the "you go try for a year and if that doesn't work will see what we have in the medicine cabinet" type of person. I know for done people it's the only way to conceive and I don't judge anyone who takes the route of fertility drugs. Personally i will try everything in terms of nutrition and natural supplements first. And since
I'm pretty sure the nursing is a big factor I haven't looked to get any testing done. I do need to schedule a regar checkup before the end of the year with my ObGyn and I'm curious what he will say.

Hey, I was just curious what kind of herbs, supps, and vit's you are taking or have tried in the past, bc I've been doing a TON of research lately for myself, others, and for general knowledge bc of my YouTube channel, but I want to help, so if I know what you are taking or have already tried then I can better Idea as to what's going on and know what to suggest and what to leave out (if you've already done it/ are doing it) Just a thought. I've been on a bunch of stuff for 2 1/2 cycles now and it has made a REAL difference, my charts are completely different now that I am taking what I am taking, it actually shocked me that they made such a huge difference and so quickly! But i"m grateful for it too. Before, it wasn't un-normal to go as long as a yr without one cycle! That's crazy. Luckily things shaped up a little after my baby was born, but entirely and that what I'm working to correct now. FX'd I will be able to announce a BFP for christmas, that actually sticks!!!!! :dohh:

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind a newcomer after chatting together all this time. My son is just about 20 months and we're about to start trying for #2. We're excited but nervous! My luteal phase was short with our son, and B50 helped, so I started up on that again when it looked like I was still ovulating late in my cycle. Beyond that, nothing special here.

Welcome MrsK!! I also have a short Lp. I am assuming due to nursing. I have made to 8dpo but last cycle wih traveling I went back to a 3 day LP :(. I will try a B complec and see if that helps. Are still nursing as well?

Sorry to jump in, mom15 are you already on magnesium supplements? A few of my friends have had them work wonders to make cycles more regular and 'normal', just from Holland and Barrett, it's good for you anyways :)

I was going to post anyway... I'm feeling so down. We've been trying for n2 for months now, at least 8, I know it can be totally normal for it to take so much longer but I've just lost all faith :( I'm due my period today and this cycle we had a lovely anniversary hotel stay the day before I ov'd, confirmed with opk and I'm feeling all the usual period symptoms and I know it's just going to come and it'll feel like no matter how perfect we get it, it's not working. I'm scared of seeing red again.

I'm sorry, I know I sound very silly, I just needed to vent somewhere where people could understand. Does anyone else feel like this? I think it's hard because it was a happy accident with my daughter and you don't expect it to be hard. I'm also quite over weight and I can't help but worry I'm stopping myself getting pregnant due to that *sigh*

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been in for a while it's hard watching everyone ttc when you're taking a couple months off! Still cheering you all on though!!

I'm still tracking and really pleased I've made it to cd29!! Yay!! And with NO spotting either, it's a miracle!

What have I done differently? Stopped ALL supplements and I feel so much better. No boob pain straight after O, no crazy mood swings, cramps are better and cm has been easy to track. I really don't think they agreed with me.

Anyway, baby dust to you all. One more cycle and I'll be back!

Thanks for your support my dears, I was feeling very down that day. It turns out I was being very silly indeed because I tested last night with a frer at 12dpo and got a pretty good line in the time limit! I still don't trust it though because I've had a lot of fake lines so I'm going to test again tomorrow morning at 14dpo and if it's darker me and hubby will celebrate hehe. I'm crampy and scared atm.

I was overweight with my first daughter too, about the same I think so you're right I shouldn't worry about that.

I'm sorry you've had to miss some cycles, that always drives me crazy :/

Where is everyone else in their cycle? X

Congratulations, mumma! Cramps are pretty common, did you have them with your daughter? I had them with Teddy and it freaked me out even knowing it was normal. I feel like it's the one pregnancy symptom nobody warned me about.

MrsKChicago- Welcome to the Group, speaking for myself (and I'm pretty sure the rest of us) We've had so many come, BFP, and then go that we are always glad to see a newbie join. :rofl: Just don't get a BFP before me, or I'll have to give you the boot! LOL Just kidding. :haha: Good Luck and hope you BFP soon!

Mom15- A short LP can be fixed fairly easily with several different supp's, you can pick one or use a combination of a few things that I know normally work really quickly for most. If you would like some sound advice on Supp, herbs, and vit's PM me and I will forward you some info I have saved for my youtube channel on LP defects and what to do to correct it ;)

Mummafrog- Well, since I hadn't been on in a while and was "updating" myself on all the action I clicked "multi quote" for your rant to give you some encouragement and support and I'm glad I kept reading before I decided to respond bc it looks like CONGRATULATIONS are in order! :wohoo: :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: :wohoo: I bet you are so happy that things ended up being EXACTLY the opposite of what you had been thinking. Well, here's to you and your beautiful new BFP and baby bump :hugs: Oh, and I had cramping with my first pregnancy as well, so I don't think I would be at all concerned, in fact I think its a normal healthy sign and a good thing ;)

fxmummyduck- Glad to hear that things are going well for you and can't wait for you to be back trying for a BFP soon! :hugs:

AFM- I've been sitting out on the BNB thing this cycle, as I have been a bit discouraged with all the CP's and just everything in general. BUT it's looking like my supp's and all that jazz have shaped my cycles right on up. This is second month that I have DEFINITELY O'd on CD17 and then a shift and steep thermal shift the next morning, so I'm glad for that. I'm hoping that since I"ve been taking the supps for almost 3 months now that they have really got in there and started to do some good and I might actually see a BFP out of it this cycle. Who knows. WE will have been trying for yr next month and I really don't know how to feel about that. My first was a "surprise", we were not actively trying and getting pregnant was literally the FURTHEST things from my mind at the time, so this has been a whole new experience for me. I have been really relaxed this cycle though, which isn't "normal" for me (as I'm sure all of you already know, I'm pretty high strung, lol) so I'm hoping that it will pay off and that I will be two lines in a few days. I"m now 4dpo and waiting to test. I don't know how long I will be able to refrain as I normally start testing before it's even possible to get a second line :rofl: so we shall see what happens....to be continued. I'm hoping and praying that we will be able to do a christmas announcement for our families, just bc I love the idea and it just seems so damn cute! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->