TTC #3! Anyone welcome!!

Having been a LTTTCer in the past, I know the feelings of it taking ages set in quite early. Time slows down when TTC and it’s always hard when CD1 hits no matter how long you’ve been trying.
Hang on in there!

Hay ladies I’m still checking this thread daily to see if any new bfps good luck girls!

Hey ladies! I would love to join you guys. I’m technically not yet ttc#3 because I just had a baby. Lol. But I am already thinking about it and would love to follow all of you! I am still nursing and will be for a while. With DS1 my period returned 11months pp so that’s about 9 months from now. Once it returned nursing caused a lp defect until I weaned at 21months pp. I am thinking about pumping a freezer supply for DS2 and weaning maybe at the 12month mark. Just don’t know if I can bring myself to wean him if he is still really into it. But I am not getting any younger and will be at a min 37 when my next is born. I really want to have three kids, but I am also already looking forward to that chapter where they are older so I can go back to work more as I am staying home with them and working part time from home which is exhausting to give 100% to both. Sorry for rambling....long story short, I hope you don’t mind me hanging out, rooting for you etc while it may be a while until I actually try. I won’t be on any birth control or using condoms, so I guess there is always a chance, just based on my previous experience nothing will stick until I quit nursing.
Good luck to all of you!!!

Welcome 15! How are you liking the age gap between kiddos? Are you hoping fir a specific sex with the third baby?

Thanks giggle! I had originally hoped for more of a 2 year gap. We started ttc #2 when DS1 was 14 months. Well then nursing prevented things. I temped and could see my temp starting to drop only one or two days post O. My shortest LP was 3 days! Then I weaned. Next cycle cp. Cycle after that bfp with heartbeat at 6 weeks but unfortunately didn’t progress past 8 weeks. And I can’t shake that feeling that my body needed a little more time after weaning to host a little bean. So after the doctor order break to make sure everything was back to normal we conceived on the first cycle trying. So that’s how I ended up with the age gap of three years and 1 month. I think it will be easier sooner. DS1 was easier as a 2 year old, so that would have been easier in the beginning. He is just very head strong right now with some tantrums here and there. Sometimes dangerous as in trying run away in the grocery store etc. He can get so mad, he will hit, pull my hair or throw anything in sight. I think he is in that place where while talks well he has a hard time expressing his feelings or not even know why he is upset. So to answer your question, it is tough right now, but I’m hoping when DS2 becomes mobile DS1 will be a bit easier again and hopefully even a bit helpful.
What age gap do your boys have?

On the gender question, we did stop bd’ing 2 days before O to sway girl. Lol. Well, guess that didn’t work :) I am not disappointed by any means. And now I am thinking boys all the way. #3 will be our last. I think I don’t want to hang on to this dream of having a girl that may never happen. So I am happy either way and as always healthy has been the most important which when it comes down to it is that way for everyone I’m sure. Were you hoping for a girl?

Welcome mom15 - congratulations on your new baby !

I have a 2 year 10 month age gap between my girls which I love. DD1 is so helpful and DD2 sounds like your little man wants to run around the stores etc lol . I would have liked a similar age gap between DD2 and a new baby but we had a lot going on so wasn’t the right time to try. We may end up with a 3 year 4 month age gap if we are lucky enough to have conceived this month.

15, yup they can definitely be challenging when they're at that age. My boys are almost exactly 5 years apart. We were hoping for a smaller age gap but i had an enormous life stressor in the midst of ttc and it ended up taking a year total for our "sticky" baby (which was a hard pill to swallow after ds1 took one month lol). The gap was fine. Ds1 is a little past the jealousy stage and was able to help put, not a ton but he'll fetch diapers or hand him his milk, etc. I am looking forward to the smaller age gap this time.

So I have always wanted a daughter, but after having two amazing boys I started thinking three boys could be fun. When ttc and all the way up until probably 10 weeks I was hoping for a third son. Then I changed my mind! I started really hoping for my daughter...nope! And now i'm struggling a little with probably never having a girl but oh well. I will get over it.

Yeah, i try not to think about the possibility of never having a girl. I think, in a way I am protecting myself by saying I will have a third boy, so I can accept that as a fact now. If I end up with a girl it would be a pleasant surprise. But I am not letting myself even think about it, because I may get too upset about the fact that I have zero influence on the out come. I do like being in control of things and this is something I can’t control.

Hope your all ok girls
I was the same we really wanted a boy with a first .. then with our second we wanted another boy to give him a brother although a girl would of been nice I then felt complete after two and didn’t want anymore 3 was a surprise and my want for a girl came out of no where I badly wanted a girl .. we went for a gender scan and I hate to admit I cried my eyes out when I saw it was a boy. I sobbed all the way home it wasn’t because I was having another boy my boys are amazing just the fact I wasn’t getting a daughter. Once I was home I was already over it and I can truely say my youngest is such a joy I couldn’t imagine him being a girl now and I adore being a boy mommy .. that said oh my heart longs for a girl I really want a daughter and I will be hoping my next and final is a girl but I’m not banking on it and I will be fine with another boy. Watching my boys together is amazing and although they fight like mad 😂 there bond is unreal x

hey girls! just wanted to join in, I have 2 girls (7 & 8) and started trying for my 3rd this month :)

Good luck to you convie!
Donna yes that's how I feel, not sad about a boy but sad about no girl. Also my oldest really wanted a sister. Oh well...I do hope my boys have a wonderful bond. My hubs has two brothers and they have a fantastic time when they're all together. They have a sister too but it's not the same when she's around!

Also funny you were "done" with two and here you are ttc #4 :haha: i was the same, certain we were "1 and done" lol

I agree feeling sad not about what I have, but about what might never have. I’m always worried that people think I am disappointed in my son, when that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Convie - good luck this month! Are you doing anything (temping etc) to figure out O?

I can really relate to what you’re saying Mom15! I have two boys and have got to the point where I assume if we manage a third he’ll be a boy and sometimes I think I’m protecting myself from feeling sad about never having a daughter. The idea of 3 brothers is quite nice though!

Yes Jelly! For some now I really like the picture of three brothers when I think of the future :). But like you said I think it’s part protection. #3 is our last. Joke is on me if I have twins, but they don’t run anywhere in my family. Not too worried about it.
My mom told me she didn’t think it was a good idea having a third due to my age. She said at least she would be worried that the baby is healthy. Kind of makes me not want to tell her until I know the baby is healthy. I don’t want to have this I told you so feeling if something were wrong. My DS1 has an underdeveloped left arm with a smaller hand and an elbow that doesn’t bend. No idea why as all genetic testing came back normal. You can hardly tell because it doesbt stop him from doing what he wants. So maybe that’s where her worry is coming from.
Anyone in their tww? I read some pages back, but can’t remember everyone or where they are at in their cycle.

All you ladies want girls and I am the opposite after my two girls I would love a boy more so for DH to do all the “boy” things with as my girls are not interested in football etc . But either way we would be delighted but like the rest of you it’s the thought of not having a boy. Least if next baby is a girl we have tons of unused baby clothes ! Only time will tell for us .

I am in the TWW. AF is due on Saturday was hoping to start testing tomorrow but we may be out all day. The usual pre AF spotting should start tomorrow too.

Hoping have you started testing . I think I am a day or two behind you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->