• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

Hi everyone...I have not posted in this thread for awhile. I planned on testing Sunday at 9dpo on a FRER and it as negative. Yesterday at 10dpo I tested again with FMU on a FRER and thought I saw something but did not look like it had color but had never seen anything on the 20 or more FRER I have taken in the past few months so I was still a little excited. This morning i took an EPT with FMU at 11dpo and it came up instantly with a thick positive line. But it is a blue dye so I am still iffy. When I take my kids to school this morning I will buy more tests. If the EPT is so positive I wonder why the FRER did not have a better line because it is one of the 6 day sooner tests....it had been 24 hours since I took the FRER but I just assumed it would work well before the EPT....sorry I am rambling.:wacko:

Hi everyone...I have not posted in this thread for awhile. I planned on testing Sunday at 9dpo on a FRER and it as negative. Yesterday at 10dpo I tested again with FMU on a FRER and thought I saw something but did not look like it had color but had never seen anything on the 20 or more FRER I have taken in the past few months so I was still a little excited. This morning i took an EPT with FMU at 11dpo and it came up instantly with a thick positive line. But it is a blue dye so I am still iffy. When I take my kids to school this morning I will buy more tests. If the EPT is so positive I wonder why the FRER did not have a better line because it is one of the 6 day sooner tests....it had been 24 hours since I took the FRER but I just assumed it would work well before the EPT....sorry I am rambling.:wacko:

Hi there, hope you get your bfp! If the EPT was positive, I bet you are pregnant! I am pretty sure that is the test I used with my DS. Purple cap? I bought FRERs this round of ttc because others have said how great they are, but now you've got me wondering lol! Please let us know how it goes when you retest!:hugs:

Hiya, could just be down to the strength of the test itself, sounds like uve a :bfp: for sure so if you test again in a day or so I'm sure the hcg will be at a higher level!

:dust :dust:

Sounds like a BFP to me! I have been hearing mixed reviews on FRER lately. Try a digi!

Thank you everyone for your replys. I took an Answer Early Test with only a 2 hour hold and it was definitely :bfp:

First things first. HCothren CONGRATS ON YOUR AWESOME BPF! I don’t remember your story but, have you been trying for long? Did you do anything different this cycle? I wish you a H&H 9 months! Any early symptoms that you wish to share? I am currently on my TWW.

Napzwife - Welcome to the board! I am so sorry for your ordeal. I hope is all behind now and you can move on to TTC and getting your sticky bean really soon – it looks like you don’t have much problem getting pregnant which is great news. Lots of baby dust to you. It must be really tough going through all those miscarriages and I am really sorry for your losses. I hope that now you are able to finally solve the LP issues.

Faithmum & Angela – YAY for the TWW. How many DPO for each of you today? So, I am here with you. Currently 2dpo. My cycles are 30 days and very regular. I think I O’d on CD16 of my cycle at night (got my first positive OPK night of CD15 (PM only) and all CD16 (AM and PM) and CD 17 (AM and PM) but on day 17 my CM was dry throughout the day so I think it was the surge doing down with O happening day prior when I had my third and last day of EWCM. Finally a negative OPK today on CD 18. I don’t temp so I can’t know for sure but I want to say that I am fairly certain that O was CD 16 nightime or at least I am going with that. Haha. AF is due for me on March 18th so I am thinking that I will probably test mid next week at 10dpo. I am a POAS addict and have loads of the cheap Wondfo tests and I rather face reality from now and know that I will not wait to test until AF is due.  At this stage I don’t feel any different, obviously. Hoping for the best, I know we gave it our best shot this cycle - We BD every other day since AF was gone (day 4 of cycle) and past weekend we BD every day Fri, Sat, Sun and also we BD yesterday. I am thinking about BD today to be on the safe side since OPK was also + yesterday…but not sure that I have the energy plus I go to the gym tonight. We’ll see.

Fluffy and Bonnie
– thanks so much for your opinions also on my OPK! Finally today in AM it was negative. It was indeed positive yesterday because I did another test later and it was a CLEAR positive. So, we BD yet again despite my EWCM being totally gone yesterday. I surely hope for a BFP this time around. As I said, I certainly gave it my best in terms of BD amount/timing. If not, next month I will go back to the EOD strategy not sure that I can keep up with this schedule or that it may make a difference. Hahaha. Fluffy did you get your positive OPK yet? I would keep on testing if you are only on CD12. Bonnie when do you anticipate to O? Are you using OPK this cycle?
Marathon girl – showtime for you! Even if early I would start BD with only 5 days or so to go! hahaha
Bonnie I think that I may try Gail gal next cycle if no luck this time. I am a little late now I think, but yeah, it can’t hurt and is not that bad $ wise.

Ok ladies, time to get going with my day. Will check back tonight. I don’t know how to get one of those pretty little banners you put in the signature so I will do it manually.

D.
2dpo (cycle 2).

Hi everyone
Im 44 turning 45 in August, we trying for our second child
now ds is 6 years old, took us 10 years to
have him but what a blessing he is :thumbup:
I am on day 13 of my cycle so have 6 days to go till ovulation
will see what happens.

Good luck and lots of :dust::dust::

Dysan-
I'm currently on CD8. Expected ov per FF is CD15 so that is Tuesday. One week from today. I plan on starting OPK tomorrow and BD EOD until positive then try to convince DB for every day until Tuesday or Wednesday. Might loose Saturday becuase of the kids but we should be ok.

Still surprising that I am not obsessing yet. Well except for stalking on here! :haha:

Waiting for an email from Gail to give her whatever info she needs for spell. Every little bit helps right? Prayers spells hope and technology! I'll take it all!

Hi everyone
Im 44 turning 45 in August, we trying for our second child
now ds is 6 years old, took us 10 years to
have him but what a blessing he is :thumbup:
I am on day 13 of my cycle so have 6 days to go till ovulation
will see what happens.

Good luck and lots of :dust::dust::

Welcome and :dust:

First things first. HCothren CONGRATS ON YOUR AWESOME BPF! I don’t remember your story but, have you been trying for long? Did you do anything different this cycle? I wish you a H&H 9 months! Any early symptoms that you wish to share? I am currently on my TWW.

Napzwife - Welcome to the board! I am so sorry for your ordeal. I hope is all behind now and you can move on to TTC and getting your sticky bean really soon – it looks like you don’t have much problem getting pregnant which is great news. Lots of baby dust to you. It must be really tough going through all those miscarriages and I am really sorry for your losses. I hope that now you are able to finally solve the LP issues.

Faithmum & Angela – YAY for the TWW. How many DPO for each of you today? So, I am here with you. Currently 2dpo. My cycles are 30 days and very regular. I think I O’d on CD16 of my cycle at night (got my first positive OPK night of CD15 (PM only) and all CD16 (AM and PM) and CD 17 (AM and PM) but on day 17 my CM was dry throughout the day so I think it was the surge doing down with O happening day prior when I had my third and last day of EWCM. Finally a negative OPK today on CD 18. I don’t temp so I can’t know for sure but I want to say that I am fairly certain that O was CD 16 nightime or at least I am going with that. Haha. AF is due for me on March 18th so I am thinking that I will probably test mid next week at 10dpo. I am a POAS addict and have loads of the cheap Wondfo tests and I rather face reality from now and know that I will not wait to test until AF is due.  At this stage I don’t feel any different, obviously. Hoping for the best, I know we gave it our best shot this cycle - We BD every other day since AF was gone (day 4 of cycle) and past weekend we BD every day Fri, Sat, Sun and also we BD yesterday. I am thinking about BD today to be on the safe side since OPK was also + yesterday…but not sure that I have the energy plus I go to the gym tonight. We’ll see.

Fluffy and Bonnie
– thanks so much for your opinions also on my OPK! Finally today in AM it was negative. It was indeed positive yesterday because I did another test later and it was a CLEAR positive. So, we BD yet again despite my EWCM being totally gone yesterday. I surely hope for a BFP this time around. As I said, I certainly gave it my best in terms of BD amount/timing. If not, next month I will go back to the EOD strategy not sure that I can keep up with this schedule or that it may make a difference. Hahaha. Fluffy did you get your positive OPK yet? I would keep on testing if you are only on CD12. Bonnie when do you anticipate to O? Are you using OPK this cycle?
Marathon girl – showtime for you! Even if early I would start BD with only 5 days or so to go! hahaha
Bonnie I think that I may try Gail gal next cycle if no luck this time. I am a little late now I think, but yeah, it can’t hurt and is not that bad $ wise.

Ok ladies, time to get going with my day. Will check back tonight. I don’t know how to get one of those pretty little banners you put in the signature so I will do it manually.

D.
2dpo (cycle 2).

Hi Dysan! I think I am 4dpo today, as opk was positive Thursday evening. I'm assuming O then on Friday, my cycle day 14. I will try to wait till at least 10 dpo so next Monday, to test. If I can wait that long lol!

hCothran, congrats on your bfp!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Sorry girls little one is tearing up the living room must run for the moment
, hugs to all!

Dysan-
I'm currently on CD8. Expected ov per FF is CD15 so that is Tuesday. One week from today. I plan on starting OPK tomorrow and BD EOD until positive then try to convince DB for every day until Tuesday or Wednesday. Might loose Saturday becuase of the kids but we should be ok.

Still surprising that I am not obsessing yet. Well except for stalking on here! :haha:

Waiting for an email from Gail to give her whatever info she needs for spell. Every little bit helps right? Prayers spells hope and technology! I'll take it all!

Well..... Slight change in plans. Texted DB saying we need to start EOD tonight! Starting to see EWCM and I was watery yesterday but I dismissed that as too early. Well guess not. Will do an OPK when I get home to check things out.

Ok...need a minor rant/vent

Karma is a bitch (sorry but it fits here)
I spent the past 10 plus years avoiding sex from an ex who wanted it all the time and I didnt to now having who I think is the only boyfriend in the world who doesn't want to on a regular basis! Well and of course now I want to! And we need to because we both want a baby-but duh it takes sex! I'm sorry the fertile window signs showed up early!
Grrrr
Yes I know he is stressed with work.
Ugh.
Ok thanks.
Just had to vent. lol

I spent the past 10 plus years avoiding sex from an ex who wanted it all the time and I didnt to now having who I think is the only boyfriend in the world who doesn't want to on a regular basis! Well and of course now I want to! And we need to because we both want a baby-but duh it takes sex! I'm sorry the fertile window signs showed up early!
Grrrr
Ugh.
Ok thanks.
Just had to vent. lol

Bonnie- WE are here for you so you rant on whenever you need to. I can relate,my ex husband wanted to have sex like every second day and I couldn't stand it and now I am with dh and we both want a baby and I want to have sex with him always and.... WT*:wacko: It's so frustrating and so unromantic to be pleading for it:shrug: I KNow dh will do it but I want him to be as excited about it as me(TMI). I hear you for sure. It sounds like you should get on it but at the same time don't panic because you aren't likely going to O in the next couple of days so if you miss a day:shrug:
I do feel like I might O earlier this month as well. maybe it's my chinese herbs. Also don't forget you just came off of the pill so your cycle may still be adjusting.:hugs::hugs:

Grrrr
Ugh.
Ok thanks.
Just had to vent. lol

Bonnie- WE are here for you so you rant on whenever you need to. I can relate,my ex husband wanted to have sex like every second day and I couldn't stand it and now I am with dh and we both want a baby and I want to have sex with him always and.... WT*:wacko: It's so frustrating and so unromantic to be pleading for it:shrug: I KNow dh will do it but I want him to be as excited about it as me(TMI). I hear you for sure. It sounds like you should get on it but at the same time don't panic because you aren't likely going to O in the next couple of days so if you miss a day:shrug:
I do feel like I might O earlier this month as well. maybe it's my chinese herbs. Also don't forget you just came off of the pill so your cycle may still be adjusting.:hugs::hugs:

That's exactly it...we want them to be as excited and into it as we are. I try damn hard to not make it like a chore because we said from the start that wouldn't be good.
I'm really not panicked. I know I have some time. It's just I hoped for more of a response like ok then what I got.
I think my cycle has normalized-I just dont know what my normal cm pattern is because I never thought about it before now.
Oh well-We shall see what happens. :shrug:
Thanks

Grrrr
Ugh.
Ok thanks.
Just had to vent. lol

Bonnie you rant away my dear :) I rant on a daily basis! In my house my dh is ready and willing at any time, problem is I'm not! He's 33 next month and I'm 36 and I do try to keep him happy but I'm so darn tired at the end of the evening that it really does take alot for me to get in the zone for the bd routine!
It's like Christmas for him when it's bd week lol!
It's great to have somewhere to rant and not be judged.....thanks ladies :)
:dust: :dust:

Bonnie,

I think that if you start now is a great plan and of course vent all you want this is what the board is for, among other reasons. However, if tonight DB does not "help" please relax and be positive I am sure you will still be fine in terms of timing.

Now, let's see if I can be of help here and make a suggestion to see if it works for you. It looks like I may be more like your DB in the sense that I dont like to feel forced to BD nor I like to BD every day. I like to do it when it feels natural. I may sound too harsh here but despite my complaints, i absolutely love to BD with DH...just not the way we are doing at the moment.

With that said, I WANT TO GET PREGNANT FAST, for many reasons (unlike with my previous two when I did not care if it happened right away). So, I rationalized this a lot and my BD this month was pure strategy to get knocked up FAST in order to avoid the scheduled BD in future time. I know that for most people, to become pregnant, they need to BD a lot. So, my thought process this month was:
"OK, let's just do it all the time this cycle, it is a huge effort for me but if it works I dont have to go through this again" (again I love to be with DH but not scheduled, honestly - takes a lot from it for me, at least).

So, today will be our 5th day of BD in a row (yes, I am determined to do it even know I am pretty certain i am DPO) plus we BD EOD before the past 5 days for quite a bit of time too. CRAZY schedule for me!!!!!!!!!
Also, if it does not work, it proves that perhaps BD every day is not the way to go so I will not feel on every cycle that I could have done more ...you know what I mean?

So, my take is that, perhaps, you can try to rationalize the schedule to your DB, letting him know that you understand that it is not appealing to BD when it is all scheduled but if he gives you the best effort this cycle you may just get knocked up rather quickly and not have to schedule BD again in the future. This is a very logical explanation that he may go for. If he is like me, he will see the panic of what's to come (again I dont really mean this to sound like BD is a torture - i feel confident that you know what I mean) and put an extraordinary effort this one cycle. Once you are preggo, you can go back to BD when you feel like it and it feels natural.

With that said, we all know that even BD every day is no guaratee but unless you have sperm count issues, i read that it may be beneficial.

Also, doing research about BD every day, i found this sperm meets egg plan - it looks like I did this month , more or less. Thought I should post it here in case it helps somebody:

Starting on CD8 begin having sex every other night.
Begin ovulation testing around CD10.
When your OPK comes back positive, have sex that night, plus two additional nights in a row (so 3 nights in a row from the day of +OPK)
Skip one night, then have sex one last time.
If you never recieve a positive OPK, continue having sex every other night until CD35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Bonnie good luck with DB today. I know how hard it can be and most guys take the "let's just relax and let nature takes its course" approach...and I know it is not that easy for us!

Dysan--you Cougar! (sorry had to go there :rofl:)

Not sure what will happen later-im not overly worried if we dont tonight-

your sperm meets egg plan is very similar to what i was thinking but planned on starting on thurday CD10...today is actually CD8

DB is a huge planner...i am a more go with the flow. It works most of the time-lol

Thank you for the advice!

Hi ladies,

how are you all doing?

nothing new to report today except that now i am 3 dpo! blew my nose and there was a little blood (which is not common for me) but i had a cold so i cant read much into it without anything else...there is some cramping going on here and there but i think that is normal cycle stuff..nothing that stands out. a little stomach ache too...but again, just had a cold.
i thnk that after 7dpo or so i may read more into the little things but honestly, not at this stage.

Hiya. I'm good here
DB's last day at his job was yesterday :yippee: so hopefully stress levels for him will be going down down down! Just in time for ov!
No bd last night but I'm sure it's just fine.
Continuing with the plan to start tomorrow.

I am still so not obsessing that I I forgot to OPK when I woke up! Did it later at work and I'm starting to fade in a bit so that's good

Dysan-I just realized your in mass? Where abouts? I work not far from the southwest corner of mass ( in the northwest corner of ct) hiya neighbor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->