• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

Hi ladies

Dysan ~ My mum also had a mc and a stillbirth at 7 months (severe spina bifida)i have had a mc and a mmc,i never thought that she might actually be worried for me as she only opened up about the still birth at one of my scans to check for spina bifida cause of my age and consultant was asking questions,she never speakss about it

bonnie ~ still got FX for you

fluffy/2boysmummy ~ so sorry :witch: got you heres to :bfp:next month

faithmum ~ everyone who knows we are trying for no 6 think im mad lol,but heyho its my life and me and hubby that looks after them noone else

I am taking 150mg of soya tonight hope no bad side effects

Hi ladies

Dysan ~ My mum also had a mc and a stillbirth at 7 months (severe spina bifida)i have had a mc and a mmc,i never thought that she might actually be worried for me as she only opened up about the still birth at one of my scans to check for spina bifida cause of my age and consultant was asking questions,she never speakss about it

bonnie ~ still got FX for you

fluffy/2boysmummy ~ so sorry :witch: got you heres to :bfp:next month

faithmum ~ everyone who knows we are trying for no 6 think im mad lol,but heyho its my life and me and hubby that looks after them noone else

I am taking 150mg of soya tonight hope no bad side effects

I'm doing 180 mg soy from days 3 - 7 this month. I have not experienced any side effects at all. Last month I took it from CD 2- 6 and had a really nice strong ovulation according to the OPKs and bbt. So, we'll see. Fx'd for us all!

Hi Ladies- I don't think I've posted here but here I go! I've been reading it all and I have to say you ladies are awesome!!
I know what you all mean in saying that you can't tell your friends/mom you are ttc. I didn't even tell my Mom the last BFP I had until I had the mc. I guess I knew how she felt about it and it wasn't something that she agreed with. All the same sh*t about you already have 2 kids, you're too old..... what if something goes wrong. I told her I am going to keep trying and we just don't talk about it any more and I have to listen to her talk about my brother's new baby. HARD!
Sorry Fluffy and 2boysmummy. I know the pain when af shows up. WE will all get our BFP when the time is right.

Fluffy-Do you think you had a chemical pregnancy? I have 3 so know what it's like. You get a positive and then it goes and af shows up.Just a thought.My friend told me that I should think of it as everything is in place and that it's just paving the way for the good BFP

Faithmum- I know what you mean about putting deadlines on things. I thought I had to have a baby before I turned 43 and when I got my BPF last Sept. I thought I had it made in the shade. It didn't work out and I've accepted that it's ok if it doesn't happen before I turn 43.It's impossible now so.... It's hard to let go of these things but maybe that's the key??

Bonnies-Fx'd for you girl!!!

AFM-12 dpo and tested yesterday with FMU and BFN. I'll know by tomorrow by whether my temp drops or not.

good BFP

good to see you here MG

i am soooo tired tonight. it hit me about 3pm even though i was bad today and had 2.5 cups of coffee. wanted to crawl under my desk and i wasnt sure about my hour drive home.

heading to bed in a few---i still have homework but i can't do anymore.

fx'd for you too!
:dust:

good to see you here MG

i am soooo tired tonight. it hit me about 3pm even though i was bad today and had 2.5 cups of coffee. wanted to crawl under my desk and i wasnt sure about my hour drive home.

fx'd for you too!

MG - so glad you joined in the converation here! I'm sorry but that just stinks that you've got to endure the loads of talking about your bro's baby while you feel you can't really share your excitement. You just go on and rave HERE! Parents are so odd...I hope I don't do the things my mother does but I'm sure one day I'll here all about the mistakes I did and the countless hours of therapy I've caused my children.

Bonnie!! I'm sorry but I got so excited to see your complete and utter exhaustion. That was absolutely the first thing I felt with my last BFP - hope it's a good sign.

Fx'd for lots of BFPs to be comin' around!

Hi ladies
How is everyone? Update on my situation is no different from y'day :( AF is starting today lightly and a day early:(.
Ah well now im all ready for march.....fx'd that this will be our month :) sorry to hear AF arrived 2boysmummy, looks like u an I are the same my AF came early day 26 and started today and I'm hoping this month too :)
Anyone having a better time or are we all in the same boat? So glad I have you guys to chat to on this otherwise I'd prob be crying to myself today.....thank you all x
Rhona x

Sorry Hun! Glad you are ready for next month! Prayers that you get your BFP soon! :hugs:

good to see you here MG

fx'd for you too!

That sounds pretty positive! FX'd for you!

Hi girls! Not quite here yet but hope to be next year if I can convice dh to go for a number three (figers crossed!). I am Paula and am 34 (35 at the end of September) and have two boys, one who is three and one who has just turned one.

A bit more nervous this time round due to all the scaremongering in the press about having a baby after 35 but I definately want another one, have always wanted three children. I would go for it this year if hubbie was happy with that but he said he wouldn't consider it till next year (boo). Hopefully things will be ok.

Good luck ladies, I hope you all get speedy BFPs!

xxx

Well :witch: stopped by. Back to the drawing board
I think I'm going to pick up coq10 today and start that
Too much stress last month
3rd times the charm right?

Hi girls! Not quite here yet but hope to be next year if I can convice dh to go for a number three (figers crossed!). I am Paula and am 34 (35 at the end of September) and have two boys, one who is three and one who has just turned one.

A bit more nervous this time round due to all the scaremongering in the press about having a baby after 35 but I definately want another one, have always wanted three children. I would go for it this year if hubbie was happy with that but he said he wouldn't consider it till next year (boo). Hopefully things will be ok.

Good luck ladies, I hope you all get speedy BFPs!

xxx
Welcome Paula!

bonnie sorry the :witch:got you,whats coq10

poppy i had baby no 4, 2 month before my 38th birthday and baby no 5 at age 40,we are trying for baby no 6 and i am 42 this year

welcome marathongirl

Thanks alin3boys

Here is an article on CoQ10. It is a heart supplement but has been found to help increase egg quality in older women (did I just say older-:dohh:)

It's mainly used as a supplement for heart health

https://www.acubalance.ca/can-co-q10-turn-back-your-biological-clock

I have seen several women on here taking it and even it recommended by their FS. Marathon girl said she was told 600 mg day so I'm going with that

Expensive! But I got lucky and CVS had a BIGI sale!

Hi girls

Welcome Marathongirl and poppy :)

Bonnie sorry to hear the witch arrived! Looks like we're on the same boat once again....but im hoping that this months sailing is a better one for us all! Im feeling surprisingly positive today, more so than yesterday. Bonnie the ov tests im using are clearblue digital ovulation tests which im hoping will give me an exact day this time.

I happened to find the first response ov tests i was using last time and to my horror they were expired last year! So ive sent a very stern email to the sellers, im sure that this may not have been the fault of nothing happening but i think they deserved to know what they sent me!

Poppy i dont think i had a chemical, i never really got a positive line on my tests just very very faint but i m taking these as evap lines. I am now more prepared for this month and what to do and not to do, im actually going to try and hold out on the testing so early, i know that testing too early will have a neg so im going to really try....lol....but knowing me ill not :)

Looking forward to having another go, if its meant to be its meant for me :) I hope that we all get the BFP we all want this time!

Okey dokey im off to my glorious work today......but ill check in later this evening to see how everone's doing.......:)

Sorry about all the :) but i dont know how to do all the other little icons lol......so im stuck with :) for now..........

That's so bad about the expiry date. I can say I once bought a cold medicine once and realized it was outdated and returned it. I now am pretty good at checking. Even did on the coq10 since it was a buy one get one wanted to make sure they wernt just getting rid of old stock at almost $40 bottle!

I am feeling positive too. Sad but relaxed. Told DB this am that af showed and he hugged me. We are bummed that we don't have a "valentines love bug". I told him I was starting to take another vitamin that it can't hurt. He told me not to stress. I really have debated temping this month but decided to do it. If I miss a day oh well. And I'm not going to do all of the symptoms. Track dates and OPK. That's it.

It's going to be another tricky month for bd because the start of my fertile window is again...over a weekend we have the kids.

Oh and I ordered one of those psychic readings by Gail-yes I'm silly
Curious to see what she says!

That's so bad about the expiry date. I can say I once bought a cold medicine once and realized it was outdated and returned it. I now am pretty good at checking. Even did on the coq10 since it was a buy one get one wanted to make sure they wernt just getting rid of old stock at almost $40 bottle!

I am feeling positive too. Sad but relaxed. Told DB this am that af showed and he hugged me. We are bummed that we don't have a "valentines love bug". I told him I was starting to take another vitamin that it can't hurt. He told me not to stress. I really have debated temping this month but decided to do it. If I miss a day oh well. And I'm not going to do all of the symptoms. Track dates and OPK. That's it.

It's going to be another tricky month for bd because the start of my fertile window is again...over a weekend we have the kids.

Oh and I ordered one of those psychic readings by Gail-yes I'm silly
Curious to see what she says!

Can't wait to her what she says - BD'ing for us is going to be very tricky as well during the right time. Too bad we didn't live closer, we could cover for each other.

Yesterday I was really down on the whole thing but feeling more + today. I'm really ticked AF is here for you. I thought for sure yesterday when you wrote about being so exhausted that this was going to be your month. :growlmad:

Haha that would be great...sex sitter buddies :rofl:

Yeah I was hoping that being so tired was a good sign. It never got any better last night. I fought staying awake doing homework and waiting for DB to be home after returning kids. Oh well

Yeah I was hoping that being so tired was a good sign. It never got any better last night. I fought staying awake doing homework and waiting for DB to be home after returning kids. Oh well

Sex sitter - that's hysterical!! :rofl:

I've been taking the coq10 for a week now - those pills are over an inch long...I almost need to cut them with a steak knife to swallow them. I read they can help you to lose weight (only if you're deficient in CoQ) so I'm hoping I'm terribly deficient.

I've been taking the coq10 for a week now - those pills are over an inch long...I almost need to cut them with a steak knife to swallow them. I read they can help you to lose weight (only if you're deficient in CoQ) so I'm hoping I'm terribly deficient.

Thats funny....my are fairly small liquid gels. How much are you taking? I am taking 600 as that is what MG's FS said, but I have seen some others at 800.
God I hope your right about the deficientcy and that I have one too!
I have been struggling to meet my first major goal before I get knocked up-mind you this is the same goal I had before the end of 2011!
I was stagnant with less than 10 to go forever but loosing inches. Finally this past month the scale started dipping again so I am within a few pounds now.
There is still another 40 after that but I'll take the baby weight!

Thats funny....my are fairly small liquid gels. How much are you taking? I am taking 600 as that is what MG's FS said, but I have seen some others at 800.
I have been struggling to meet my first major goal before I get knocked up-mind you this is the same goal I had before the end of 2011!
I was stagnant with less than 10 to go forever but loosing inches. Finally this past month the scale started dipping again so I am within a few pounds now.

Well maybe the CoQ will help in lots of way - great job with your goal girl. That's a tough gig you're doing with managing school, kids, ttc and of course the BF :winkwink: I remember studying while my kids were doing their homework and they kept asking me "mom, all the other moms have already been to school - what happened to YOU?" So endearingly thoughtful aren't they? They all remember now how I hard I worked and coming to my graduation etc - it's an awesome accomplishment!

Mine are 600mg too. I wonder why on earth mine are so flippin big?? Maybe they wanted you to feel that you really were getting something grand for your $50??

Well maybe the CoQ will help in lots of way - great job with your goal girl. That's a tough gig you're doing with managing school, kids, ttc and of course the BF :winkwink: I remember studying while my kids were doing their homework and they kept asking me "mom, all the other moms have already been to school - what happened to YOU?" So endearingly thoughtful aren't they? They all remember now how I hard I worked and coming to my graduation etc - it's an awesome accomplishment!

Mine are 600mg too. I wonder why on earth mine are so flippin big?? Maybe they wanted you to feel that you really were getting something grand for your $50??

:rofl: at what happened to you! Gotta love them!

Mine are 200mg so I take 3. I got lucky with the price. CVS brand on sale buy one get one free. $36.49 for a bottle of 60 and one was the last bonus one of 75.

MG said you can take until BFP. Is the your plan as well? I am conflicted about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->