• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

No snow. Supposed to hit around noon and it's only 5am now here
DB is up getting ready to leave. I'm back in bed-af and the gym is just too much of a hassle. That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it!

My other two are 20 and 14. I was 19 and 24 when I had them and neither were exactly planned. It's much different actually trying at 39...

Faithmum thanks for that, no I wasn't aware of the dangers of taking high levels! I'll check it out beforehand to make sure :)
Just awaiting delivery of my opk's, was leaving my son to pre-school this morning and bumped into a lady I had not seen in a while only to discover that she is due in 2 weeks with her 3rd child, omg I just felt soo crappy when i got into the car to go home. I really hate this awful jealous feeling that comes over me, I'm not like that in general but just goes to show you that when there's something you want so much and someone else has it that little green man sits on your shoulder going naa naa in your head :(

Apart from that I'm fine :) the weather is awful here and I'd love to go out for a nice walk to clear my head!
Ahh well back to my housework.......bonnie has the snow reached you today then??

I know that feeling Fluffy and you know what? I say just lean into that and recognize it's not who you are but it is how you feel. That's your story and as Bonnie says "I'm stickin' to it". Crummy weather exasperates my moods anyway - sunshine coming soon? Anyway - keep talking with us because everyone here knows that feeling so no judgment here :flower:

I see your internet service is still up Bonnie :winkwink::winkwink: - I've heard vast service outages are expected in your neighborhood:winkwink:

Hi Casper. Wouldn't it be nice to be transported back to at least that mental feeling of not even really being aware that 'might' be pregnant?? It's maddening to be consumed by it however I love this site because you can just blurt stuff out and then feel a whole lot better.

Thanks faithmum, and welcome casper :)
Yeah its great to be able to get everything off my chest on here! My family as i said before wud go nuts and say i was mad even considering #3 and my DH constantly tries to stay positive and listens to me but really he doesnt understand that its not as easy to just get pregnant. I had a placental abruption with my youngest which was scary and theres a 20% chance of it happening again but ive been able to put that to the back of my mind and im much more positive now about trying again!
Thanks ladies for listening to me........its a great feeling knowing that you are all here :)

Faithmum thanks for that, no I wasn't aware of the dangers of taking high levels! I'll check it out beforehand to make sure :)
Just awaiting delivery of my opk's, was leaving my son to pre-school this morning and bumped into a lady I had not seen in a while only to discover that she is due in 2 weeks with her 3rd child, omg I just felt soo crappy when i got into the car to go home. I really hate this awful jealous feeling that comes over me, I'm not like that in general but just goes to show you that when there's something you want so much and someone else has it that little green man sits on your shoulder going naa naa in your head :(

Apart from that I'm fine :) the weather is awful here and I'd love to go out for a nice walk to clear my head!
Ahh well back to my housework.......bonnie has the snow reached you today then??

I know that feeling Fluffy and you know what? I say just lean into that and recognize it's not who you are but it is how you feel. That's your story and as Bonnie says "I'm stickin' to it". Crummy weather exasperates my moods anyway - sunshine coming soon? Anyway - keep talking with us because everyone here knows that feeling so no judgment here :flower:

I see your internet service is still up Bonnie :winkwink::winkwink: - I've heard vast service outages are expected in your neighborhood:winkwink:

Hi Casper. Wouldn't it be nice to be transported back to at least that mental feeling of not even really being aware that 'might' be pregnant?? It's maddening to be consumed by it however I love this site because you can just blurt stuff out and then feel a whole lot better.

haha faithmum---the internet earlier was via my cell....i am now home-snow has hit-db is home now too
i watched a show and now its time to get cracking...net may stay up for a bit still-havent fully decided lol
neighborhood looks dicey though :rofl:

haha faithmum---the internet earlier was via my cell....i am now home-snow has hit-db is home now too
i watched a show and now its time to get cracking...net may stay up for a bit still-havent fully decided lol

muhahaha - The Snow Miser strikes again. Remember that song?

muhahaha - The Snow Miser strikes again. Remember that song?

OMG! havent thought of that one in years!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You ladies crack me up! Kleenex for the uterus. HEHEHE.
Fluffy- sorry that you had to see that today. I know how you feel. I feel so incompetent when I see another pregnant woman and know I'm not. But.... we have to start thinking positively. Every negative thought has an affect on your body so March is our month will be our mantra!!!

To make matters worse my good friend just had a baby 6 weeks agao and she called me today and said she thinks she might be preggo again. I said"WHAT". She isn't taking anything and she and her Db have been active so to speak a lot. That would really depress me. The thing is they have no money and can barely afford this baby and you know what will happen they will get pregnant in a snap.You know it!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Cd2 today!

CD2 and chugging along!
wow-i really hope your friend is not preggers--that's not healthy for her already let alone the other struggles you mentioned.

I'm arranging an office baby shower and surprisingly it's not bothering me...
...again-strangely calm..

March IS OUR Month!

CD2 and chugging along!
wow-i really hope your friend is not preggers--that's not healthy for her already let alone the other struggles you mentioned.

March IS OUR Month!

Yes it is!!:hugs::hugs:
Good for you for planning the baby shower. you just have to imagine that soon it will be you that they are planning for!:winkwink:
Hope you have a great night. Really tired today and dragged through work so looking forward to a relaxing night with dh.Hey weird question but do you guys bd when af is around? I often do and have read that it's not a great thing to do?

good evening ladies! i have ben offline for a couple of days and trying to catch up on the board. still did not go through all the messages...but quickly scanned through the pages and noticed that we have some new ladies! WELCOME!!!!

Bonnie so sorry to read that :witch: showed her ugly face. Here's to hoping that March is THE month for the rest of us! btw, we got quite a bit of snow here too (i live just outside of Boston) and we are expecting a few more inches overnight. we'll see if we get school cancellation tomorrow.

Verma, when did you get your :bfp:? i missed it! Congrats!!!!! hope you have a H&H nine months!!!

As for me, it is showtime :) I am due to O any time between Friday and Sunday - not exactly sure on the day and i dont temp. i started testing with the OPK and thus far all negative but according to my iphone app i am in my fertile window starting today... ever since monday we BD every other day (ok twice thus far) and my plan is to BD also the day i get a positive OPK and the following two days and pray for the best. I hate the word BD!!!!

fluffy and faithmum,
i know exactly what you are talking about regarding that jealous feeling when finding out others are preggo. it happens to me too and it feels so wrong.
out of my friends 4, yes, 4, annouced to me in the past couple of of months that they are pregnant. 2 of those were Totally done having kids( one got pregnant with an iud in place the other one using condoms. wtf????) i am so happy for them now and the jealous feeling is now gone but when they announced the feeling was horrible because i was not pregnant yet (and lets face it we just started trying also - no excuse)... i felt embarrased to even tell hubby about it. i am not overly religious (whatever that means) but i felt that i will certainly be punished for not feeling happy for them. OK! i may be a bit nuts!
anyways, thanks for sharing, definitely makes me feel more normal and makes me realize i am not evil.

good evening ladies! i have ben offline for a couple of days and trying to catch up on the board. still did not go through all the messages...but quickly scanned through the pages and noticed that we have some new ladies! WELCOME!!!!

Bonnie so sorry to read that :witch: showed her ugly face. Here's to hoping that March is THE month for the rest of us! btw, we got quite a bit of snow here too (i live just outside of Boston) and we are expecting a few more inches overnight. we'll see if we get school cancellation tomorrow.

Verma, when did you get your :bfp:? i missed it! Congrats!!!!! hope you have a H&H nine months!!!

As for me, it is showtime :) I am due to O any time between Friday and Sunday - not exactly sure on the day and i dont temp. i started testing with the OPK and thus far all negative but according to my iphone app i am in my fertile window starting today... ever since monday we BD every other day (ok twice thus far) and my plan is to BD also the day i get a positive OPK and the following two days and pray for the best. I hate the word BD!!!!
Sounds good Dysan:thumbup: I always feel a bit stressed as O approaches that something will prevent us from bd'ing enough:shrug: Of course we always do but you never know. I always think the more the better and then think if too much then sperm count goes down. I guess there is no perfect formula in all of this:shrug: Good luck:hugs:

marathon girl, sorry that the :witch: arrived. March is a great month!!!

btw, i am also taking prenatals. i take the ones in gummy form, i buy from amazon on autodelivery haven been taking them for about 1 year.

sorry for all the different posts in a row... trying to break them down as i go through the pages.

Hey Dysan welcome back! & hi to all you other ladies!

Having a good day today and currently on cd4, yes marathon girl i hate the word bd too :) waiting patiently until :af: goes and waiting patiently on my opk which still havent arrived!! Was thinking about last month and i am more than sure i calculated ov wrong plus bd at wrong times so trying to pinpoint ov exactly this time :thumbup:

I agree dysan march will be a great month for us all and hopefully we'll get our :bfp:

snow has ended-thanks for the warm wishes-i have such a postivie feeling about March-although Gail the psychic says June! (see my journal for full reading-i cried!)
CD2 and chugging along!

March IS OUR Month!

Yes it is!!:hugs::hugs:
Good for you for planning the baby shower. you just have to imagine that soon it will be you that they are planning for!:winkwink:
Hope you have a great night. Really tired today and dragged through work so looking forward to a relaxing night with dh.Hey weird question but do you guys bd when af is around? I often do and have read that it's not a great thing to do?

yes my own shower would be great!
as for :sex: with AF....my x didnt care-lol DB is a bit more fussy although we have when I am just spotting...and thats ok with me..TMI but its just too messy and honestly again TMI-just doesnt feel as good with all that wetness-its too slippery-:rofl::rofl:

Good morning ladies! Hope you are having a great day thus far.
Schools were not cancelled here and snow stopped also but we have a beautiful white morning.

Marathongirl, so, last cycle we did every other day and it did not work for us I did not use OPK but we BD every other day for 2 weeks I am pretty sure O happened in between :-( I figured that perhaps my DH's swimers do not live that long haha so change of strategy this cycle and if it does not work this time, we'll see what we do next cycle. We dont usually bd as much as now in "normal times" (3 times per week on average) so now it is a little over what I am used to (DH totally happy but me, i am happy with our old schedule - not that i dont enjoy it but I tend to be exhausted most nights).

Bonnie, we never BD during AF - i actually dislike it during that time of the month also. Luckily, mine is about 3 days long most of the time, 4 days worst case scenario and it happens that it is 4 days long maybe 3 times per year. I never spot, ever... Sorry totally gross info also.
I will check your Journal. Did not realize that people can have one here. Still quite new at this but let me tell you I LOVE psychic readings - i used to get them done in Salem here they have quite a few places. Very cool.

fluffy not sure if this helps but I think that the best way to pinpoint O day is by temping (although it looks like you find out after the fact but at least you know it happened). With the OPK, you will know that your body is preparing to O but you dont know exacty when it happens. This is my very first time using OPK so I am not even sure how a positive will look like or how many days of + i will get...but based on that info I plan on BD every day for 3 days since + OPK. I dont temp - perhaps I should if I dont fall pregnant in a few months. I also saw a fertility monitor on amazon, but it seems so pricey.

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful day!

My hope for bd schedule this month is to start every other day once OPK starts to fade in, then hopefully every day while positive and them back to every other on fade out.

This may be tough as we have the kids all next weekend in my "window"
But today DB is resigning from his job so hopefully he will
Have some more energy! Unfourunetly our usual is only been average of once a week :-(

I have a pic in my journal of a very positive OPK to give you an idea of what they look like.

Bonnie I just went through your journal. Really nice :) and I saw the positive OPK! So clear that it was a positive. I browsed through the OPK board a few days back and sometimes it can be very confusing. I hope mine looks moe like yours. I guess that I can post it when the time comes for some opinions.

Ok, off to get some work done before picking up kiddos. I seem to freeze during the TTC process...and can't get much else done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->