• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

Hi babybaby2011, welcome!

Good mornign and happy friday to the rest of you ladies!

So, this AM i took an OPK because i felt a little cramping (way milder than AF cramping) so I thought maybe it is ovulation pain or my body gearing to O. Aslo, i seem to notice more CM (although I think i mentioned before that I a not sure if it is CM or stuff coming out from our BD). The line was quite dark but not just as dark as the test line. very close though... So I am thinking that I may get a + if I test later in the day today or perhaps in the AM tomorrow. I will take another at my usual 3pm! I have so many OPK since I order from Amazon (so chape like $9 for 50 of them).

so, i visited that peeonastick site and WOW. How helpful was that! Thank you for sharing the site!

So, I have a (silly) question for all you ladies trying #3 that actually TTC #1 and #2 (as opposed to just happening). Did it take you relatively the same amount of time to conceive each time? I guess that what I am wondering is if there is a pattern in terms of timing for each person, generally speaking. For example, I have a friend that has 3 kids and each time she got pregnant she got pregnant on cycle #2 (first time she got pregnant she was 28 last time she was 38). I know everyone is different but i am trying to figure out if each body perhaps has some pattern, if that makes sense.

I am looking forward to the weekend and to be on the TWW next week! It seems to be taking forever to get there and I know that the TWW be even worst but so excited for the possibilities!

Hi babybaby2011, welcome!

Good mornign and happy friday to the rest of you ladies!

So, this AM i took an OPK because i felt a little cramping (way milder than AF cramping) so I thought maybe it is ovulation pain or my body gearing to O. Aslo, i seem to notice more CM (although I think i mentioned before that I a not sure if it is CM or stuff coming out from our BD). The line was quite dark but not just as dark as the test line. very close though... So I am thinking that I may get a + if I test later in the day today or perhaps in the AM tomorrow. I will take another at my usual 3pm! I have so many OPK since I order from Amazon (so chape like $9 for 50 of them).

so, i visited that peeonastick site and WOW. How helpful was that! Thank you for sharing the site!

So, I have a (silly) question for all you ladies trying #3 that actually TTC #1 and #2 (as opposed to just happening). Did it take you relatively the same amount of time to conceive each time? I guess that what I am wondering is if there is a pattern in terms of timing for each person, generally speaking. For example, I have a friend that has 3 kids and each time she got pregnant she got pregnant on cycle #2 (first time she got pregnant she was 28 last time she was 38). I know everyone is different but i am trying to figure out if each body perhaps has some pattern, if that makes sense.

I am looking forward to the weekend and to be on the TWW next week! It seems to be taking forever to get there and I know that the TWW be even worst but so excited for the possibilities!

Great news Dysan. That's exactly how the OPK'd worked for me last month. It got darker for a few days then it became very clear that it was darker than the control line. The month before I messed up on the timing so I missed seeing the line dark at all. They are tricky but I'm like you, I pee on them all the time because 1. It gives me something to obsess about 2. I can do a bit of a vision test on myself since I can't figure out if I'm always placing my contacts in the wrong eyes or, more likely that at 45 my vision is getting a lot worse and finally 3. They are practically cheaper than a stick of gum so in a small sense it's a bit of retail therapy :winkwink:

Bonnie - how's the studying going? My temps this month are more sporadic - I think because one night I didn't sleep well at all and then I may have tested too early in the morning and got a weird reading this morning. Last month my temps were much more even. Thoughts? I was really sick last week so I wonder if it's taken my body a bit of time to get into the swing of normal.

I have a question for you all. I went to accupunture last night and it was amazing!! Unfortunately I have only 1 more visit that was part of an amazing deal on a coupon but I just really loved it. She specializes in fertility too and I could swear she stuck needles into my ovaries last night. I liked it and that makes me weird too. She told me to stop taking aspirin immediately because it eastern medicine this is adding toxins to your body. They believe in creating a rich blood environment for the baby and all I'm doing with aspirin is creating thin blood that won't be nourishing. I guess this sounds intuitively good but then I read so much about aspirin being beneficial. Thoughts??
I didn't mention the arsenal of other maladies I'm taking like CoQ10, Soy, extra B6 etc... I figured she'd just stop treating me if she knew. I love eastern medicine but I also value the advances we have with western medicine. Where do we bridge differences? So now I'm drinking my chinese herbs at night and taking all my toxic western crap in the morning. A little yin in the morning and yang in the evening?

Tried the softcup last night after bd'g. Do yo really just slide that in and let it sit there all night? I did that and orginally I had a fear that I'd block of the entry site for the boys but when I saw the size of those cups I thought - there seems to be no way to mess it up. It felt better than keeping my legs up for 30 minutes. Is that all I need to do with it or is there another thing I need to look for?

THANKS GIRLS and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

You are very welcome babybaby2011 :)
You are in the same boat as the rest of us ladies :flower: feel free to join in anytime and hopefully we will all have a good month :)

:dust:

:

Oh yeah - babybaby...welcome!! Look forward to chatting more with you.

You are not weird for liking acupuncture. It is an amazing treatment option. I hope you are able to afford to continue for fertility treatments. Many practitioners are so expensive and it is a turn off to even try. That's how I was. I am lucky to have a wonderful guy who specifically sought out an area to open an affordable studio. His initial consult is only $60 and after that its 30!
I can use my HSA to pay for it if I want. I go for my back pain-only calling now when I need a "tune up". I do need to ask if he does any infertility work. I'm sure he does. I just wish he were a bit closer. But I can make it work if it come down to it. I don't know what to say in regards to the aspirin issue. Did they say anything about your other supplements?

You temps may be rocky from being ill. Also the times your taking it need to be as consistent as possible. I am usually up a few times a night to per and it doesn't seem to alter it. FF will chart your temp with an open circle if it thinks it is either out of the norm or the time is way off.

I have been so tired this past af. The day before it showed I was so tired we thought maybe I was pg. I have not been going to the gym this week as its just too much of a hassle to deal with af in a locker room and I'm also not using tampons this af and see if it makes any difference. Last night I went to bed just after 8! And slept in. DB asked if I was sick with all the sleep I'm getting. I'm starting to wonder if it is the CoQ10? Any thoughts?

FSH test I think is a bust. Today you could barely even see a control line. Not going to bother with tomorrow. Yesterday was negative but control was a bit stronger than today.

Dd came to hospital to have lunch with me as she had the day off from school. She seems ok and I have come to accept her choice even if I don't agree. This has made me feel better in general. Still feeling that general calm and waiting for to go away and obsession take its place :haha:

Oh yeah the soft cup-almost forgot.
Yeah just slip it on up there
Think of Ron Popeal-just set it and forget it :rofl::rofl:

I used it once last cycle but obviously my timing was off! I don't do the feet in the air thing, but I don't get up out of bed after. I left it in until I was ready to shower at the gym the next morning. I don't know what DB would think if he walked back in the bedroom and saw me with my legs propped up :rofl:
I didn't say anything about the softcup either. It was just ready behind my clock so when he got up I popped it in lol. I'm sure I will use them again this cycle-I have at least 2 I'm pretty sure.

wen i had me girl i used softcups so im going to use them again just need me af to come now so i can start lol xx

Dysan with both my sons I got pregnant first try! This time I'm all over the place :) I have to sit down and organise myself correctly! Third time lucky :flower:
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and a little drink, I've had a stressful week at work and soo glad it's over!
Hope all you ladies ate having a nice day so far :)

:dust:

Good morning Ladies! I go away for a day and i can't believe what goes on here!

Faithmum- I am also doing acupuncture and herbs like you. I was wondering about trying the baby aspirin this month as well. I am not surprised that your practitioner didn't like the fact that you were taking it. I'm not sure what I would do if I were you? I can't imagine it would hurt but? I haven't taken it before so may hold off 1 more month. I guess for me I'm a little befuddled because it only took dh and I 3 months to conceive before we had our mc. I was doing acupuncture but nothing else.I was still running and exercising less than normal for me but way more than I am now. Here I am 3 months after my mc and I'm doing acupuncture and herbs and practically not exercising at all and not preggo. I'm trying not to get too down about it but I have to day I have days where I feel really frustrated. Thanks for listening to me rant by the way.

Dysan- good luck with catching your eggy! Sounds like you have it all covered. As far as conceiving,this is the first time I have ever ttc. When I got preggo with both my kids we were using the "pull-out" method of bc! Yikes. That makes it all the more frustrating now trying so hard and timing it all right and.....

Bonnie- How are you cycle buddy??

Good morning Ladies! I go away for a day and i can't believe what goes on here!

Faithmum- I am also doing acupuncture and herbs like you. I was wondering about trying the baby aspirin this month as well. I am not surprised that your practitioner didn't like the fact that you were taking it. I'm not sure what I would do if I were you? I can't imagine it would hurt but? I haven't taken it before so may hold off 1 more month. I guess for me I'm a little befuddled because it only took dh and I 3 months to conceive before we had our mc. I was doing acupuncture but nothing else.I was still running and exercising less than normal for me but way more than I am now. Here I am 3 months after my mc and I'm doing acupuncture and herbs and practically not exercising at all and not preggo. I'm trying not to get too down about it but I have to day I have days where I feel really frustrated. Thanks for listening to me rant by the way.

Dysan- good luck with catching your eggy! Sounds like you have it all covered. As far as conceiving,this is the first time I have ever ttc. When I got preggo with both my kids we were using the "pull-out" method of bc! Yikes. That makes it all the more frustrating now trying so hard and timing it all right and.....

Bonnie- How are you cycle buddy??

Hiya MG
I'm good just really tired. I don't if it's just af (hasn't been that bad) or is the CoQ10 affecting me? I also have been skipping the gym becuase of af-too much of a hassle in the locker room and I am going tamponless this time around to see if it makes a difference. So no exercise could be part of it too. Oh I can't wait for spring and be able to go on walks with DB after dinner!
Still relaxed and upbeat about this month despite prediction of a June conception. Just DB and I this weekend. I wish it was ov time but oh well. Next weekend will be tricky!

Bonnie - Ron Popeal-just set it and forget it - THAT'S hysterical. I'll never be able to pop one in without laughing!:rofl::rofl: Thanks for the advice on the temps - still a newbie at it. You have a great deal with your accupuncturist. I think mine charges $100 a session. Maybe there's some kind of package deal with her though. Honestly I liked it better than a massage. Then again, a girl shouldn't have to choose between the two! I'm so glad your Dd was able to stop by and have lunch with you :flower: Mine is being sappy sweetly nice to me this past week but that's because she turns 13 next week and she really wants a hair crimper. Can you believe those things are back?? Oh well - I take the love I can get!

MG: Try not to get too down about how many months things are taking. I always think about the odds for an average to conceive if everything goes right. Is is like 25%? 3 months isn't bad at all - so it every month was 25% then next month should be 100% right?? See I shoulda been a politician with that kind of number crunching eh? Sorry to any politicians here :winkwink: Yeah, I just don't know what to do about the aspirin - I keep thinking about these flimsy uterine walls. Let's flip coins!

Dysan: It seems people are all over the place with how long it took to conceive additional children. For my DS it took me almost 3 years then I accidentally got pregnant with my twins when DS was 10 months old. One I was trying desperately and the other I was avoiding it. I also became pregnant fairly fast last year but mc. I need the other eggs to get in gear here.

Fluffy - I'm with you on the LONG week. I'm going to have a glass of vino this evening and relax. Not sure how possible that will be with a houseful of middle schoolers and their buddies - maybe that'll be 2 or 3 glasses of vino.

Still feeling great about March for all of us. I sure hope those BFPs roll in for us!!

Bonnie- I meant to ask you how you found Diane? Is that the name of the person you saw who gave you your prediction? I might be interested. Although I did have my cards read by a woman who predicts the future as well in April 2010. She told me that I would be married and have a baby within the next 3 years! I got married last year so that has already happened so......

Bonnie- I meant to ask you how you found Diane? Is that the name of the person you saw who gave you your prediction? I might be interested. Although I did have my cards read by a woman who predicts the future as well in April 2010. She told me that I would be married and have a baby within the next 3 years! I got married last year so that has already happened so......

Her name is Gail Cuffe. I have not met her but have heard about her on several posts. If you google her she has a website and I purchased my reading through eBay :rofl: you can get it all on eBay! Even Ron Popeal :rofl: faithmum !!

If you have any trouble finding her I can post links tonight from home. It's just a pia to do on my phone.

Faithmum-
use caution with massage-there are points that are contraindicated especially in the first trimester. Some places wont even take you until 2nd trimester. It made me really question our valentines couples massage right after ov and I requested a pregnancy massage. I ended up saying screw it give me a regular one with all the stress I had had and not really expecting success anyway. I did notice some mild cramping that afternoon.
Just in case you didn't know. I didn't. Just ask the therapist first.

Sorry that was Gail! Lol. Apparently I can't read. Maybe I need my eyes checked!! I might get her info from you at some point. I guess what I might worry about is that they might say you aren't going to have one at all and then what?

Faithmum- Thanks for the boost!! I know MARCH IS OUR MONTH!! As far as acupuncture goes mine charges 75$ a session. I was going religiously once a week before I conceived last year. Right now I am going only once a month right before O because I can't afford any more than that.

We have all of our kids this weekend so should be crazy. Luckily we have no kids next weekend when I should O!!

Bonnie- I meant to say in my other post that I have felt quite tired this af as well. Maybe it's just that we need spring to be here? I also never use tampons when I have af because I can't stand the way they feel. What was your thought on not using them? Did you read something about that?

Bonnie - Thanks for the information on the massage. I didn't know that and will certainly say something when and if I go soon.

I'm wondering like MG if you heard something about tampons and ttc? I use them and couldn't imagine not using them because my flow is pretty heavy for a few days. I guess I could get those big 747 pads with wings instead - or use that soft cup? Do you girls ever use that for your period?

MG - I've got a houseful of kids this weekend too and I just have to figure out a way to get the job done! I think I will O on Sunday or Monday then...voila...will be sittin in the 2ww.

:dust::dust::dust:

ahh--now i can type better!

I remember seeing some threads regarding tampons and infertility. It was early on and i didnt pay much attention but it stuck with me. Like you faithmum, i have a pretty heavy flow and go through the super jumbo in a couple of hours. (yeah-i found one up from super plus!-my daughter looked at it and was like OMG mom thats HUGE!). I hate that messy feeling and am paranoid about leaking. had two super long pads with wings stuck lengthwise all week! lol
anyway, i tried researching and the best i could find is that they think tampons could be related to the increased rate of endometriosis. that the tampon plugs up the flow and the flow "backs up" the tubes and out-leading to bits staying out and starting to grow in the wrong places.

I have no gyn issues that i know of-i think by know if i had endometriosos or PCOS or something i would know. but i do know that my flow will stop and start more when i use them, so i thought maybe it would be better to just "let it all out"

who knows -it was a thought...but a huge PIA!

ahh--now i can type better!

I remember seeing some threads regarding tampons and infertility. It was early on and i didnt pay much attention but it stuck with me. Like you faithmum, i have a pretty heavy flow and go through the super jumbo in a couple of hours. (yeah-i found one up from super plus!-my daughter looked at it and was like OMG mom thats HUGE!). I hate that messy feeling and am paranoid about leaking. had two super long pads with wings stuck lengthwise all week! lol
anyway, i tried researching and the best i could find is that they think tampons could be related to the increased rate of endometriosis. that the tampon plugs up the flow and the flow "backs up" the tubes and out-leading to bits staying out and starting to grow in the wrong places.

I have no gyn issues that i know of-i think by know if i had endometriosos or PCOS or something i would know. but i do know that my flow will stop and start more when i use them, so i thought maybe it would be better to just "let it all out"

who knows -it was a thought...but a huge PIA!

LOL about your pad description Bonnie. If you have a brand that you think works best I'd love to know the name!

I meant to write to you about CoQ10. I'd be surprised if that's the reason you were feeling tired. I would think that if anything you might be feeling a little more energy from it. I know that lately I've been more tired when I'm on my period and I can't really put my finger on why. Maybe it's the emotional investment we have in the 2ww followed by the letdown of AF? That might explain the days during AF but that wouldn't explain being exhausted the day before we know she's coming. Maybe it's the body revving up the mitochondrian parts so our metabolism is gearing up to burn enormous numbers of kcals because we've been so terribly deficient in CoQ10 and evetually we will appear emaciated and all kinds of friends and relatives will implore us to "eat....please just eat". Got carried away there.

Well night night ladies. I had myself a nice glass of wine tonight and I'm so tired from this week's work that I'm heading to bed and it's Friday night at 8:30. Pathetic!! Good thing we bd'd last night.

hi ladies,
had friends over, had a few drinks (maybe too many) and now i am here reading your wonderful posts. i cant believe that until today i did not know what a softcup is ( just goggled it)...
anyways my opk still negative this pm but cm increased so we bd today again just in case.
i really hope we catch that egg this bd schedule is certainly too much for me!

hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->