Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

CD2 and chugging along!
wow-i really hope your friend is not preggers--that's not healthy for her already let alone the other struggles you mentioned.

I'm arranging an office baby shower and surprisingly it's not bothering me...
...again-strangely calm..

March IS OUR Month!

Yes it is!!:hugs::hugs:
Good for you for planning the baby shower. you just have to imagine that soon it will be you that they are planning for!:winkwink:
Hope you have a great night. Really tired today and dragged through work so looking forward to a relaxing night with dh.Hey weird question but do you guys bd when af is around? I often do and have read that it's not a great thing to do?

MG,

We often :sex: around AF if it is light or just spotting... especially in the shower:haha: Never heard that its not a great thing to do. Now it makes me wonder...

good evening ladies! i have ben offline for a couple of days and trying to catch up on the board. still did not go through all the messages...but quickly scanned through the pages and noticed that we have some new ladies! WELCOME!!!!

Bonnie so sorry to read that :witch: showed her ugly face. Here's to hoping that March is THE month for the rest of us! btw, we got quite a bit of snow here too (i live just outside of Boston) and we are expecting a few more inches overnight. we'll see if we get school cancellation tomorrow.

Verma, when did you get your :bfp:? i missed it! Congrats!!!!! hope you have a H&H nine months!!!

As for me, it is showtime :) I am due to O any time between Friday and Sunday - not exactly sure on the day and i dont temp. i started testing with the OPK and thus far all negative but according to my iphone app i am in my fertile window starting today... ever since monday we BD every other day (ok twice thus far) and my plan is to BD also the day i get a positive OPK and the following two days and pray for the best. I hate the word BD!!!!

Dyson,

Welcome back! Thanks for the congrats. Got my BFP a few days ago, but I'm so nervous I can't really enjoy it yet.... I hate to feel this way, but I'm just waiting for it to end badly again. I'm holding out for a few weeks to get a scan because I want to be able to see something. Hopefully that will put me at ease a bit.

FX'd for you this month! Sounds like you have a good plan in place! Glad I'm not the only one who hates that word. It sounds even worse when DH says it....in fact, I've told him he's not allowed to say it. :rofl:

Vjean that's so funny... My DH has not idea what "BD" means. He has no clue about the boards either. He's probably not even aware that this "world" exist. I dont tell him any of my imaginary symptoms, poa addiction, nor will i tell him when I get a positive OPK. I simply tell him we BD every other day and then these days every day and he is like "OK honey - let's give it 110%". He would kill me if he knew that I start testing so early, he will think is ridiculous so I basically hide to test - yes, indeed, a true addict.
He has so much patience it drives me nuts. I love that he is so simple - it balances my overly complicated self.

At this stage there is nothing you can do but relax and enjoy each stage of the pregnancy. I know, easier said than done...I wish this a very sticky baby and remember that odds are in your favor and trust that everything will be allright!

CD2 and chugging along!
wow-i really hope your friend is not preggers--that's not healthy for her already let alone the other struggles you mentioned.

I'm arranging an office baby shower and surprisingly it's not bothering me...
...again-strangely calm..

March IS OUR Month!

Yes it is!!:hugs::hugs:
Good for you for planning the baby shower. you just have to imagine that soon it will be you that they are planning for!:winkwink:
Hope you have a great night. Really tired today and dragged through work so looking forward to a relaxing night with dh.Hey weird question but do you guys bd when af is around? I often do and have read that it's not a great thing to do?

Wow - I hope we multiply as fast as these boards do! I was gone for a night and came back to lots of good stuff. I've only got about 15 min. left of a lunch break already gone awry but I wanted to chime in.

Vjean: Fx'd for a good sticky bean for you. I know how hard it is to feel positive during this time but...we will feel positive for you here and send good energy your way!

MG (or was it Bonnie who originally asked) : I don't bd (YES I HATE THAT WORD TOO) during AF. I did it a few times and ended up with a UTI. I may just be really sensitive. My doc said that bacteria can grow (or be harbored?) in blood. I've got kind of one those bodies though that just doesn't like to be messed with. I get a yeast infection if I eat too much sugar, I get a yeast infection with the smallest does of antibiotics etc.

Dysan: Are we close on our cycles? I'm CD 7 and should be O'd on Monday so I plan on being busy starting tonight and every other night until the Wed. after O. Last month was a stinkin' marathon sex month and we :sex: 7 days in a row and certainly on, before and after O day and....still no preggers. Who knows, my eggs certainly might not be the fluffiest and maybe we wore out his guys. I ended up getting preg. very easily at 44 but m/c'd. I didn't try again until 4 months ago and am thinking I may have made a big mistake waiting this long. Last month I had a really strong OPK (very easy to see difference between light and as dark or darker than control line) that also corresponded to my bbt chart. I hope you get some clear results.

Bonnie: I read your journal and it gave me chills. The idea of your grandpa over you is just so special. And really, how many names have J in them?

Fluffy: I'm just barely ahead of you in the cycle and I know that feeling of just hoping you get the timing down. Bd'g for us this time around is going to be really tough. I've got the kids all running around with different schedules and their friends all spending nights this weekend. Maybe it will be such a 3 ring circus that nothing will matter. I just get exhausted with it all and wonder how on earth I'm going to keep my energy going. The kids don't have school today or tomorrow due to parent teacher conferences so they are all going to be wacky by the time the weekend rolls around. Going to try to get one session :winkwink::sex: in tonight and if nothing else maybe they can survive the long haul until Monday :winkwink:

I'm sure I had something else to write but I better run and hope to get the chance to check in later.

Oh yeah: I'm feeling something GREAT about March too!!

Vjean that's so funny... My DH has not idea what "BD" means. He has no clue about the boards either. He's probably not even aware that this "world" exist. I dont tell him any of my imaginary symptoms, poa addiction, nor will i tell him when I get a positive OPK. I simply tell him we BD every other day and then these days every day and he is like "OK honey - let's give it 110%". He would kill me if he knew that I start testing so early, he will think is ridiculous so I basically hide to test - yes, indeed, a true addict.
He has so much patience it drives me nuts. I love that he is so simple - it balances my overly complicated self.

At this stage there is nothing you can do but relax and enjoy each stage of the pregnancy. I know, easier said than done...I wish this a very sticky baby and remember that odds are in your favor and trust that everything will be allright!
omg that is so my situation DB thinks I'm on Facebook :rofl:

omg that is so my situation DB thinks I'm on Facebook :rofl:[/QUOTE]

haha my DH does know facebook too but he rarely goes on it!

Edit: Not sure why the quote to Bonnie's post (first sentence) appears so weird - i probably did something wrong.

faithmum

Yes - it looks that our cycles are very similiar!!! My calculations were that O should be anywhere between Friday and Sunday. My bet is that it will be Sunday so probably just one day ahead of you. I am CD 13 today and i have very regular 29-30 day cycles (mostly 30 days). My OPK was negative again today (i test at 3pm daily) so dont think my O will be tomorrow. We BD Monday and Wednesday and plan again on tomorrow...hopefully by Sat i will have that +. technically, i should...no? How close to O do OPK appear + on average?
Who knows, I may one of those people with shorter LP so I think that the OPK will help me to determine the correct date. i am happy i got them. My original calculations are based on a 14 day LP but mine may not be as long.

We'll see what happens next few days! Are you also using OPK this month?

faithmum

Yes - it looks that our cycles are very similiar!!! My calculations were that O should be anywhere between Friday and Sunday. My bet is that it will be Sunday so probably just one day ahead of you. I am CD 13 today and i have very regular 29-30 day cycles (mostly 30 days). My OPK was negative again today (i test at 3pm daily) so dont think my O will be tomorrow. We BD Monday and Wednesday and plan again on tomorrow...hopefully by Sat i will have that +. technically, i should...no? How close to O do OPK appear + on average?
Who knows, I may one of those people with shorter LP so I think that the OPK will help me to determine the correct date. i am happy i got them. My original calculations are based on a 14 day LP but mine may not be as long.

We'll see what happens next few days! Are you also using OPK this month?

I am doing the OPKs this month as well as the bbt. Bonnie had recommended doing the bbt and that was really helpful to see when I o'd last month. Here's how my OPKs worked last month. I had a strong + on cd11 and then still dark but not as dark the morning cd12 then much lighter on the 13th. I guess you O anywhere from 12-36 hours after the LH surge (line turning dark) however it's since we test every 24 hours it's hard to tell once that lines turns dark just how long it will be til you O, only that it is coming. This website was really helpful to me.
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html
Last month cd 12 corresponded to a sudden rise in temperature so I'm pretty certain I O'd cd12.

Here's a link to my chart - I hope it shows January's. You can see where I had a + OPK.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?d=2012-1-28

My cycles are 26 days so maybe we'll be testing on the same day.

Good luck to us all!

sorry for the loads of typos - I'm trying to multitask :dohh: and not very good at it

Bonnie just seen your prediction from gail, did you go and see her?? Ive been to a lady here and her predictions were pretty spot on for me over the past few years and last year she told me id have another baby! At that time i was more than sure i wasnt and i remember laughing at her and saying "no way!" we'll see if she was right :dance:

Hope everyone is have a nice day/evening.......i keep forgetting the time difference :) im ready for bed now so ill clock in tomorrow so see how things are :)

Bonnie just seen your prediction from gail, did you go and see her?? Ive been to a lady here and her predictions were pretty spot on for me over the past few years and last year she told me id have another baby! At that time i was more than sure i wasnt and i remember laughing at her and saying "no way!" we'll see if she was right :dance:

Hope everyone is have a nice day/evening.......i keep forgetting the time difference :) im ready for bed now so ill clock in tomorrow so see how things are :)

no-it was via e-mail which makes it even more spooky-that from the UK to the US she can "read" me

Ohh did you have to pay for that then?? I have often seen those but wasnt sure if theyd be accurate or not! Would you recommend her? :)

Ohh did you have to pay for that then?? I have often seen those but wasnt sure if theyd be accurate or not! Would you recommend her? :)

it was 10GBP or a little over $15 for me. So i wasnt a huge amount to spend.
Did you see the full reading or just on my sig?
the full reading is on my journal
i would recommend her!

i would recommend her!

That's a great price! I think I pee on at least twice that amount on tests every month :laugh2:

i would recommend her!

That's a great price! I think I pee on at least twice that amount on tests every month :laugh2:

aint that the truth!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

faithmum thanks so much for the info on OPK i will go and read the sites. haha yes, we'll test the same day but only if you start testing like a nut at 7dpo or so (like me). hahaha

hi im 36 , 37 in oct and my youngest is 1 and now decided to try for another , xx

You are very welcome babybaby2011 :)
You are in the same boat as the rest of us ladies :flower: feel free to join in anytime and hopefully we will all have a good month :)

:dust:

:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"