TTC 30s/40s Club

hi everyone well :witch:got me today so now cd1 i am only having 20 -24 day cycles does anyone thinks this will affect ovulation? as im also still breastfeeding my 7 month old . good luck ladies

hi everyone well :witch:got me today so now cd1 i am only having 20 -24 day cycles does anyone thinks this will affect ovulation? as im also still breastfeeding my 7 month old . good luck ladies

Sorry to hear that :witch: arrived. I'm not sure about how short cycles affect ovulation. I know a short luteal phase can cause difficulties sometimes, I think I heard that one of the B vitamins is good for lengthening luteal phase, but I'm not sure which one, sorry not much help!

well im on cd2 today and according to ff i need to start bd tonight dont know how im going to manage that when af is here with a vengence[haahaa] any ideas? x

Hi everyone,
well this morning I got a big temperature dip, almost a degree less than it has been over the last couple of days. Could that be a sign of ov? I'm not using OPKs so I know I have to wait and see if temperature goes up and stays up tomorrow. The other thing was that I kept waking up during the night last night every few hours dreaming about taking my temperature (LOL). Could the disturbed sleep have led to my temperature being lower than normal?
Tried to get OH interested in BD this morning with no luck whatsoever, grrr. I didn't want to go down the line of telling him I might be ov-ing soon as I think he would find that a total turn off. Maybe might get more of a response from him this evening but am thinking that could be too late? What do other people think?
Polaris

Hi all,

Was delighted to find this thread. I have just turned 32 and am TTC#1 and this is the first month. I don't hold out too much hope as it was just the once (was trying to hold out til next month as only taking folic acid for 9 weeks) but it was defo the day before I ovulated.

I usually have a 28 day cycle but last month it was 26 days.I am currently 4DPO and very new to all the abbreviations and what days to test etc. If I go by the 28 day cycle I think I should be testing on the 21st Feb but I am 14 DPO on the 19th. Hope I am making sense. I might try and wait and see if AF doesn't show but I am such an impatient person.

Wishing everyone else the best of luck for a :bfp: in Feb and look forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on.

Just a quicky... Got my :bfp: yesterday morning, in 1st cycle... age 35, BMI 31, so really didn't hold out much hope!!!

There is hope!!!

Just a quicky... Got my :bfp: yesterday morning, in 1st cycle... age 35, BMI 31, so really didn't hold out much hope!!!

There is hope!!!

Wow, congratulations Nutty Jester!!!
That is brilliant news! If you don't mind me asking, had you been on BCP?
I'm so excited for you, it just shows it can be done!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi all,

Was delighted to find this thread. I have just turned 32 and am TTC#1 and this is the first month. I don't hold out too much hope as it was just the once (was trying to hold out til next month as only taking folic acid for 9 weeks) but it was defo the day before I ovulated.

I usually have a 28 day cycle but last month it was 26 days.I am currently 4DPO and very new to all the abbreviations and what days to test etc. If I go by the 28 day cycle I think I should be testing on the 21st Feb but I am 14 DPO on the 19th. Hope I am making sense. I might try and wait and see if AF doesn't show but I am such an impatient person.

Wishing everyone else the best of luck for a :bfp: in Feb and look forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on.

Hi leelee and welcome! I have only just started TTC last month so I am pretty new to all this as well.
Good luck with getting the :bfp: whenever you decide to test. If possible, I would say wait until AF is due/late because it is so disheartening getting :bfn: and you still don't know where you stand as it could just be too early to show up. I'm not really sure what my cycle is as i only came off BCP in December. But I have started charting temperatures this month so at least I'll have an idea if I have ovulated. No sign yet but my last cycle was 34 days so maybe soon? I am definitely going to try not to test early.
Looking forward to chatting more over the 2WW! Hopefully will be in 2WW soon if ov shows up!
Polaris

Thank you! Still have no symptoms, but I notice every little noise/murmur in my stomach twice as much - bit like the tww still!!!

Polaris... never been on anything... Jester x

There is hope!!!

Hi Nutty Jester,

Just wanted to say a big congratulations! I read your journal last night and really enjoyed it. Wishing you the best of luck with your pregnancy!

[/QUOTE]Hi leelee and welcome! I have only just started TTC last month so I am pretty new to all this as well.
Good luck with getting the :bfp: whenever you decide to test. If possible, I would say wait until AF is due/late because it is so disheartening getting :bfn: and you still don't know where you stand as it could just be too early to show up. I'm not really sure what my cycle is as i only came off BCP in December. But I have started charting temperatures this month so at least I'll have an idea if I have ovulated. No sign yet but my last cycle was 34 days so maybe soon? I am definitely going to try not to test early.
Looking forward to chatting more over the 2WW! Hopefully will be in 2WW soon if ov shows up!
Polaris[/QUOTE]

Hi Polaris and thanks for the big welcome! I noticed you are either from or are living in Ireland. I am Irish but have been living in the UK for the last 6 years!

Well I definitely think I am going mad as I woke up this morning and was feeling nauseous and wasdry retching. I am still feeling dodgy and have a pain in my lower pelvis area and and also my lower back. I am only 5DPO so I think I am going mad with this symptom spotting. I suppose it is possible that nervous energy is making me feel sick but I do feel really rough.

Only time will tell I suppose.....

Hey nuttyjester.... FAB NEWS!!! Congratulations :happydance:

Thanks everyone! Still no symptoms... which is weird, but kinda loving the fact! :hug:

Lots of :dust: for everyone!

Hello everyone, I am proudly part of the 30 TTC club. I am 35, DH 40. We are trying for #4 after many years. I had my:crib: tubes tied after the birth of my last daughter but regreted it for many years. I had a reversal May 08 and have been TTC since. We went for a HSG in Nov 08 and found that my left tube is blocked. We have decided to try on our own till May 09 then try IUI.

Well I definitely think I am going mad as I woke up this morning and was feeling nauseous and wasdry retching. I am still feeling dodgy and have a pain in my lower pelvis area and and also my lower back. I am only 5DPO so I think I am going mad with this symptom spotting. I suppose it is possible that nervous energy is making me feel sick but I do feel really rough.

Only time will tell I suppose.....

Hee hee, welcome to the world of symptom spotting, one of the many ways we drive ourselves mad!! LOL. Fingers crossed you got lucky but 5 DPO is probably a bit early to tell!
I am still waiting to ov. Although based on last months 34 day cycle and a 14 day LP I worked out I wouldn't be due to Ov till tomorrow so I'm less worried now. Think I tired OH out by BDing too early though, drat!!
Polaris

Hello everyone, I am proudly part of the 30 TTC club. I am 35, DH 40. We are trying for #4 after many years. I had my:crib: tubes tied after the birth of my last daughter but regreted it for many years. I had a reversal May 08 and have been TTC since. We went for a HSG in Nov 08 and found that my left tube is blocked. We have decided to try on our own till May 09 then try IUI.

Hi future-numan, good to have another member of the 30s club. I don't know mjuch about TTC after a reversal but i know it can be done. At least one tube is open, people successfully get pregnant with only one ovary so you definitely only need one! Good luck with everything, I hope you are lucky and it happens naturally for you. Are you charting or anything?
Polaris

Thanks Polaris..I have charted in the past but I was becoming obessed with getting pregnant. DH and I decided to give up all the medical drama till May and if no baby by then our firtility doctors agreeded we should try IUI. DH didn't have the best results on his last "test". So maybe a little helping hand is in order.

Hi, I'm Pat and I'm (shudder) 36 and DH is 45 so yeah.. we are old. We've been married since March 07 and have been TTC Nov 08. Still no :bfp: as yet but we're hanging in there.
BTW does anyone have a problem with CM? I no longer seem to produce enough. We've been using a lube but I recently learned that's not such a good idea ](*,). I've heard about Preseed but I live in the Caribbean and can only buy it online (that's not gonna happen). Is there anything else I can use....I'm thinking EVOO...what sa ye??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->