TTC 30s/40s Club

thanks to everyone. but ithink they must have all been evaps as got bfn today.but i must have done about 15 ics all with faint bfp[or what i thought were] they even had colour . mabye the spotting i had was my af i really dont know just feel very confused .thanks to everyone.and hope you all get bfps soon

thanks to everyone. but ithink they must have all been evaps as got bfn today.but i must have done about 15 ics all with faint bfp[or what i thought were] they even had colour . mabye the spotting i had was my af i really dont know just feel very confused .thanks to everyone.and hope you all get bfps soon

Oh no, I don't believe it. I really still think you are pregnant, you couldn't get that many positive tests otherwise. Maybe you should go to the doctor and get a blood test? I have heard that negative test results are much less accurate than positive test results, so it is probably the BFN that is wrong.
Everything crossed for you - I will check in again tomorrow to see if you have any more definite news.

thanks for your reply polaris. i think i might wait a week and then test again.i had the same thing happen with my last baby. i will keep you updated

well i tested again with ics pound shop and superdrug tests all:bfp:so really dont know what to think?since the spotting ive had no bleeding so af hasnt arrived.but i did have this with my last baby and it took 2-3 weeks before i got a consitent result so fx

Hi everyone, thought it was time I said hello. I've been lurcking around reading posts for a few months now. Well, I'm 40 and my DH is 34. We've been married for almost two years and trying to conceive for the last year.

Hi everyone, thought it was time I said hello. I've been lurcking around reading posts for a few months now. Well, I'm 40 and my DH is 34. We've been married for almost two years and trying to conceive for the last year.

Hi jaygee and welcome. It is a lovely friendly site but a little bit addictive I find. Hope you get your BFP soon.

well i tested again with ics pound shop and superdrug tests all:bfp:so really dont know what to think?since the spotting ive had no bleeding so af hasnt arrived.but i did have this with my last baby and it took 2-3 weeks before i got a consitent result so fx

I told you you were pregnant! :bfp::bfp::bfp:
I don't think there can be much doubt about it now, especially since you had similar with your last baby.
I'm so happy for you - there would be no way all of those tests could be positive if you were not pregnant - the false positive rate is something really really tiny.
Celebrations are in order I think!!

Hey lioness168,

how are you feeling today? hope the witch stays away and you get your :bfp: in the doctors tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

welcome jaygee ... this site is absolutely contagious ...love reading people's stories, concerns and questions .... it makes you feel so much better knowing that you have others to ask and talk to .... enjoy! :)

Hi Everyone-

I just turned 34 yesterday and have been married 10 wonderful years. I have a beautiful DD 4years old, it took about 14 months to get a :bfp:

This time around we have been trying since 10/07 and are anxiously waiting that :bfp: . We are ttc naturally but it is starting to look like we are going to need some assistance.

Right now I am CD 23 but only 2 DPO....

Wishing everyone a :bfp: soon.

omg
i am so happy i have been on bnb for months didnt even see the 30 40's club..lol

Anyways name is Lulu married to a 35 Year old man and I am 38, have 2 kids from a previous marriage, 20 & 14..lol i know call me crazy, had my tubes tied after my 2nd son 14 years ago ..paid to have them untied in Nov 07 i have had 2 BFP's 1 was an ectopic in Feb 08 and another a m/c in oct 08, now i am back in the Game TTC , going to use Opk's this month since my cycles use to be 28 days all my life since the d/c its been 25 days.. so wishing us all luck and praying for BFP's soo to all baby dust to all...

omg
i am so happy i have been on bnb for months didnt even see the 30 40's club..lol

Anyways name is Lulu married to a 35 Year old man and I am 38, have 2 kids from a previous marriage, 20 & 14..lol i know call me crazy, had my tubes tied after my 2nd son 14 years ago ..paid to have them untied in Nov 07 i have had 2 BFP's 1 was an ectopic in Feb 08 and another a m/c in oct 08, now i am back in the Game TTC , going to use Opk's this month since my cycles use to be 28 days all my life since the d/c its been 25 days.. so wishing us all luck and praying for BFP's soo to all baby dust to all...

Glad that you found it, I think this is a great thread. Sorry to hear about your ectopic and your m/c. I don't know how well I would cope with that. Still at least you know you can get pregnant after the tube reversal.
Luck and baby dust!

Hi Polaris, how are things going with you? Good news Quail on the BFPs :)

As for myself, yesterday was 22 dpo and still no AF. We went to the Drs and got a blood test which he kindly made urgent so we would have a result by the end of the day. Well...the result was.....(drum roll please).......Neg . The news was hard and pretty depressing and left us in a dilema, as no AF and neg bloods. So we have just decided to play it out and wait for AF to arrive, or return to the Drs in 10 days time if nothing changes.

So anyways, this morning, still no AF. By this afternoon though, I started getting slight discoloured mucus, so looks like AF is on the way. It has been a journey, but has helps us grow closer and its all good. We will take it more easy and stop worrying and trying too hard. We have heard that your mind can trick your body into thinking its pregnant, etc when it is not, when you want it so bad, etc.

Anyhow guys, good luck and hope you all get your bfps soon enough . Thank you for all the support.

Hi Lioness,
I'm so sorry you didn't get better news at the doctor's. I was thinking about you and wondering how you got on.

I think it is so true what you say about fooling our body's into behaving as though pregnant, wanting it to be true and then you really genuinely get all the symptoms because your body thinks it is actually pregnant. But I also think that I pay more attention to my body in the 2WW, I notice every little odd feeling which I probably would normally not pay any attention to. Like this morning I was feeling a little bit funny driving to work and I didn't take any notice of it and it just went away, but later I was thinking that if I was in the 2WW I would immediately start wondering is it a symptom and then noticing other things etc etc.

It's really nice that you and your partner can support each other through all of this and that it is bringing you closer. It is really stressful. It is so disappointing to get that BFN especially when AF hasn't shown her face yet. At least if she shows up you know where you are at and can move on to the next cycle.

Hi All! Guess this is where I fit? I've just turned 30, my hubby is somewhat older than me (hehehe, his b'day next week, he's gonna be 45!)

We've been married just over 2 yrs but been together for what seems like forever.. I've a son who's 9 going on about 15 from a previous relationship, and my hubby has a son who's 14 we see him as and when he wants. Life is so busy at that age...

We had a year of mixed emotions last year, joys of finding out we were gonna have "our" 1st, getting use to the idea; going for a scan involving the family to see that things had gone wrong. I'm not sure what was worse, seeing it on the monitor or having to explain it all to my son.

We then had to arrange a termination, go through the whole ordeal of the nurse not reading notes, assuming I was wanting rid & could change my mind. If all had gone well I wouldn't have been there! I gave her a few choice words and sat in the car and cried my eyes out..

That brings us upto about Oct, after some time off work and visiting dr regularly; advised to try again. I seem to dread the week I'm due my period now. Guess it's all false hopes.

Gosh, that all seems rather heavy as an introduction about me & why I'm on here. Sorry!

I'm beginning to feel as though we're becoming obsessed, when I'm due, when the best time etc. Almost as if the fun and impromptu moments have gone.

I'd like to get to a happier time & place, at the moment we're plodding there slowly..

Wish I could get rid of the impending doom feeling for when I'm due.. lol

Hi Lioness,
I'm so sorry you didn't get better news at the doctor's. I was thinking about you and wondering how you got on.

I think it is so true what you say about fooling our body's into behaving as though pregnant, wanting it to be true and then you really genuinely get all the symptoms because your body thinks it is actually pregnant. But I also think that I pay more attention to my body in the 2WW, I notice every little odd feeling which I probably would normally not pay any attention to. Like this morning I was feeling a little bit funny driving to work and I didn't take any notice of it and it just went away, but later I was thinking that if I was in the 2WW I would immediately start wondering is it a symptom and then noticing other things etc etc.

It's really nice that you and your partner can support each other through all of this and that it is bringing you closer. It is really stressful. It is so disappointing to get that BFN especially when AF hasn't shown her face yet. At least if she shows up you know where you are at and can move on to the next cycle.

Thank you Polaris, the mind is a powerful thing. Even though the :witch: is here, I still look at my body and think "It doesn't look like my normal body." It has changed. But hey, a neg is a neg and a :witch: is a :witch:. I am thinking about trying out BBT as I need to understand what's happening to my body and work with it, knowledge is power they say :).

Where are you in your cycle now? Hope everything goes to plan :)

Hi All! Guess this is where I fit? I've just turned 30, my hubby is somewhat older than me (hehehe, his b'day next week, he's gonna be 45!)

We've been married just over 2 yrs but been together for what seems like forever.. I've a son who's 9 going on about 15 from a previous relationship, and my hubby has a son who's 14 we see him as and when he wants. Life is so busy at that age...

We had a year of mixed emotions last year, joys of finding out we were gonna have "our" 1st, getting use to the idea; going for a scan involving the family to see that things had gone wrong. I'm not sure what was worse, seeing it on the monitor or having to explain it all to my son.

We then had to arrange a termination, go through the whole ordeal of the nurse not reading notes, assuming I was wanting rid & could change my mind. If all had gone well I wouldn't have been there! I gave her a few choice words and sat in the car and cried my eyes out..

That brings us upto about Oct, after some time off work and visiting dr regularly; advised to try again. I seem to dread the week I'm due my period now. Guess it's all false hopes.

Gosh, that all seems rather heavy as an introduction about me & why I'm on here. Sorry!

I'm beginning to feel as though we're becoming obsessed, when I'm due, when the best time etc. Almost as if the fun and impromptu moments have gone.

I'd like to get to a happier time & place, at the moment we're plodding there slowly..

Wish I could get rid of the impending doom feeling for when I'm due.. lol

Hi Eswift, sorry to hear about what you have been through, I can only imagine how traumatic that experience was. It would only be normal as to how you are feeling now, you would still be grieving. I wish you time and strength, and when the time is right, it will happen. I guess that goes for all of us. :hug:

I know it is easier said than done, but acknowledge how you feel and see it as normal, allow yourself time to heal. My thoughts are with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->