TTC 30s/40s Club

Hello! :howdy:

Great to see there are several of us ever so slightly older ladies! Very reassuring and it makes me feel slightly less mad for putting myself through this again! I'm 38, OH 41, we have a little girl together but would really, really like to have another together. We both have older children from a previous marriage.

I've had 2 miscarriages recently- both got as far as the 3 month mark. Only just got brave enough to try again, but if this doesnt work then that is definatly the end of my babymaking days- so keeping my fingers crossed!

:hugs:

Sorry to hear about your mc's, so sad, and 3 months you just start to hope things are ok.
Good luck for ttc
:baby:thinkpink xx

Thank you for the lovely welcome ladies! Much appreciated!:hugs:

I wish every one else good luck with thier mission too!! xxx

Hi babythinkpink, looks like you have a similar family set up to mine! How old are your children? :hug:

congrats Fran. Moonmama, I'm TTC for number one. Seems everyone around me has gotten :bfp: including me twice...my husband's got the swimmers, I just can't seem to keep the bub. As you can see I'm on cycle 36, so maybe I'm :bfp: or maybe I'm just wacked from January's m/c. Either way... kinda hopeful, kinda scared.

Hi babythinkpink, looks like you have a similar family set up to mine! How old are your children? :hug:

Hi Moonmama,

My children are 15, a step son of 14, then 9, 6 and 16months! Quite a collection! my eldest and stepson have each other, as do the 9 and 6 yr old, so just a play mate for lil bubs now!!
How about you? Sorry if u said and I missed it!

:hug:

:baby:thinkpink

Hi Scrubgrub- I'm so sorry for your losses, I really hope this is it for you- have you tested yet? Any idea whats caused the m/c's? The thought of going through it again is so scary! With mine they said it was probably my age!

Good luck and fingers crossed! :hugs:

babythinkpink mine are 20, 18, 16, 13, 10 and 2!! And my husband has 4 from a previous marriage too, so basically I know lots of people will think we're very greedy having such a large family already- but we only have one together and would love another between us!

Sorry for your losses :hugs:

My oldest is 18 and my youngest is 14. I thought my baby making days were over but then I met my DH who hasn't got any and would dearly love one so here we are!

Yeah, the first one was only at 7 weeks. And the second one was a missed miscarriage so it was too far along to do testing, but when they did the nuchal fold test and the blood work both came back with trisomy numbers really high, so just bad eggs as my husband says. His men are 2 years younger, and they don't go old like minie :) I don't take offense, I just punch him and tell him we shoulda started BDing 4 years ago.

babythinkpink mine are 20, 18, 16, 13, 10 and 2!! And my husband has 4 from a previous marriage too, so basically I know lots of people will think we're very greedy having such a large family already- but we only have one together and would love another between us!

:hug:[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I know what you mean about the greedy thing! I feel i am being judged having lots of children when some people have one or two, but I feel that now I have the love and support of the love of my life and i want to share another child with him.
There are other things, a friend recently lost her baby and since then i know mine are a blessing, as would any more be, and if i can have another baby then i will!
I have not told anyone yet, why i came on here to talk baby!
Have you told anyone you are trying? When are your fertile dates or are you not counting just yet?

:baby:thinkpink xx

hi i know what you mean i have 9 children and trying to concive no 10 so i felt a bit unsure about coming on here as i didnt want to be judged but everyone is really friendly. im on cd7 and have nothing to report just waiting to o,.xx

Hi Quail,:wave::wave::wave:
10 is a nice round number!!:happydance:
I was in hospital having my second baby and the lady in the opposite bed had baby no 10, i remember thinking no way!! I wondered why she was cooly sat there painting her nails having just given birth!!:laugh2:
Good luck!

I just looked up my chart and realised i have missed bd times this month, not too happy about that but it flew past, i thought it was this weekend but it was a few days ago, and dh got bad back so it will be a pretty tough task anyway! Gonna have to calculate next month and seduce him at right time, not like when i was 20 and at it constanly, sadly!!!:laugh2:

Loobylou did you have to have a reversal or anything? My DH had to have a vasectomy reversal (5years ago) which was obviously successful as I've managed to get pregnant 3 times since! Your going to have quite a gap! The good thing is you have ready installed babysitters!:thumbup:

babythinkpink- thats exactly what I think- couldnt put it better myself! When I had my m/cs I really expected to have to defend myself and justify why I was trying for a baby when I've already had so many. Luckily the consultant was really understanding and has obviously heard it all before!

Quail! Wow I'm in awe, do you have good pregnancies?! Do you have a huge house?! We have most of them on alternate weekends- the most of the time we only have five children living with us (only 5!!:blush:) but the times we have all 10 kids its pretty chaotic!

oh and forgot to say babythinkpink, sadly yes I am charting and saliva microscoping and opk'ing and getting totally obsessive and neurotic! My DH reckons all I need now is a white coat! :rofl: I was really optimistic last month but :witch: has got me now so its back to square one!!

sorry to hear you missed your bd days!! you must be gutted! :hugs: xxx

hi
must amit im a little bit envious of all the kiddies some of you have already..but please dont think im judging you i hope you get your :bfp: as much as anyone else on here.........and i no i will get mine too............and im thankful for all the support everyone gives me on these forums too.:hugs::hugs:

hi moonmama i do have very easy pregnancies ,i have just had a extension built so i now have 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and i need every one of them lol i dont normally have to try very hard to get pregnant but this time im not having much luck .xx

oh and forgot to say babythinkpink, sadly yes I am charting and saliva microscoping and opk'ing and getting totally obsessive and neurotic! My DH reckons all I need now is a white coat! :rofl: I was really optimistic last month but :witch: has got me now so its back to square one!!

sorry to hear you missed your bd days!! you must be gutted! :hugs: xxx

Hi moonmama,
I am really trying not to get obsessed, but I know being on here is only the first step to that!!
It sounds weird but all the charting and stuff, its still down to luck! With my last dd i thought i had missed bd time and was sure i was not going to get pg that month and tested early and there it was!!
Last time i did ov sticks to check my times and thats how i know i ov early, also why i know i have totally missed it this month!

Quail,
Blimey, got enough bedrooms!! We have a boys room and a girls room, at the moment, i have tried different things and they have had their own rooms but end up wanting to share, my 9yr old says he cant sleep on his own!

Nessie,
Good luck in getting your :bfp: at least there is plenty of experience here with all our children!!
There is lots of support here, its a real friendly place!

take care

:baby:thinkpink

Ladies with all the lovely children, don't ever feel guilty about wanting another one. You are obviously great mums with a lot of love to give, why shouldn't you want to keep on spreading the love!!

:dust: to you all. xxx

hi i just wanted to say it really makes myday coming on here it lifts my spirits if im feeling down and everyone is great ,thank you.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->