TTC 30s/40s Club

yah went to my fertility spec today and im going to be a clomid girl...as from next cycle also will be having blood tests etc and possible a dye thing to check tubes....so yah!!!

Hi, I'm totally new here, but sounds like my group :)
I'm 33 (hubby is 42) with two sons, trying for a third one (girl, please?) lol

Hi Nessie,

:rofl: what we would do for those spermies!!
Good luck with your clomid, what happens, does it encourage ov? Dont know much about it!

take care,

:baby:thinkpink xx

so pleased to find an active 'older' age thread and would love to join you guys. I am quite relaxed about the whole ttc palava, but can't help feeling a bit anxious because of the age.

I'm 38, will be 39 in November. I have two lovely children, 6 and 9, and thought I was over with my dream to do it again after being single for over 4 years until I met my wonderful OH. I came off the pill in April, fell pg in May, miscarried in June, and now on cd1.

I have no idea what to expect with my cycles now, but my cbfm friend will hopefully help me :happydance:

mrphyemma, loved your story! I thought OH and I had done it fast falling pg 4 months after meeting, but you certainly beat me on that one :rofl:

Really looking forward to providing and receiving support with our quest here :hug:

Hi ladies.. Would love to join this group. I'm 30 (31 in October).. already have four children aged 13, 10, 6 and 3. I met my wonderful soulmate, who's 37, last year.. and I would love to make him a first time daddy! My partner went thro IVF many years ago with his ex, and we already know he has very good :spermy:.. so I'm just hoping now that i'm still popping out eggs! lol.
I came off the pill early last month.. had a withdrawl bleed straight away, but nothing since. Already done numerous tests with :bfn:, so just gotta sit things out! I did concieve very quickly with my other four.. two of them in the first month coming off the pill. So I'm hoping that I'm not gonna have to wait too long!
Anyway.. it's lovely to meet you all, and I look forward to chatting to you and keeping up to date with things. xxxxxxxxxxx

hi everyone i am 7dpo today and really hoping ive done it this month,feel a bit rough today as had abit of a drink last night, got a bit down about the whole ttc thing and thought that it wouldnt be my month so hoping im wrong,how is everyone anyone close to testing yet?

Hi everyone! I am 34 and my partner is 49. He has two wonderful boys age 8 and 12. I love them dearly but am desperate for one of my own. He's less than enthusiastic, but oh well.

This is the first month where everything has gone "just so" and I'm having tons of symptoms. Don't want to get my hopes up too much. I had a miscarriage 13 years ago when I was 21. Hopefully I can bring my first into the world soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi All,

Its suddenly got real busy here, its nice to have loads of us!

Welcome all newbies!

kessutripp,
I must have missed your post, hello! Good luck with your girly quest, my being 'thinkpink' was because i was trying for a girl, so its my forum name! I did manage to have a girl, after 2 boys (now 15 and 9) I got 2 girls (now 6 and 18 months) so think pink thoughts long enough!!

FBbaby,
Hello, Good luck, sending sticky baby dust your way!

ttcsaffy,
Hi, I am ttc no 5 too, again after meeting mr right a bit later than most! We had our first daughter together 2008 and look forward to another addition! Good luck!

NOLAgirl1123,
Hello, I am sure your partner will come round, Its fair that he should expect you to want children of your own. I can totally understand you want your own children however special his children are to you.
I had a mc at 21 as well but have carried on to have 4 children since.
Good luck to you also!

Quail,
Its getting busy here! There are times in the month that are down times, obviously when the :witch: shows, but last month for me it was when i was late and still got a :bfn: I knew it was not my month and had the drinks I had missed while i could have been pregnant!
When are you going to test?:hugs:

Still boring for me, going to start opk's in about 3 days, and going to bd like mad when i get any slight sign of ov!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

:hug: and :dust: to all

hi thinkpink i have done a frer today with a reallllllly faint line its in the test gallery if you want to take a look.xxx

wow quail i must check it out
babythinkpink..............I ovulate already but going on clomid somehow still makes you a little more fertile not sure how the spec didnt go into the details, but also mentioned that it can make you ovulate more than one egg hence giving you more chance to fertilise as you have more than one shot so to speak!!! plus i will getting FSH tests again etc on day three i need to have a FSH under 10 which indicates good egg reserve..im excited!!!
ness

brilliant news quail. haven't gone to the gallery yet, but I'm sure if there's a line, it's your time :happydance: What a positive way to welcome us newbies :happydance::happydance:

nessie, that's very interesting. I have read here a few threads about being put on clomid despite ovulation already taking place and I always wondered why. I does make sense that ovulating is not always enough, that you need a 'good' ovulation for a chance of a :bfp: Good luck wth the results of your test. I think it is the scarriest one to take as there isn't much you can do about these results. I have ordered a home test that claims to test your FSH. Doesn't give you a number, just a line, but that's enough to make me nervous so not sure I will actually do it yet. Crossing my fingers that your results come back under 10.

Good week-end to everyone. My OH is taking me shopping this afternoon just to treat me. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found him!!!

Hi Quail,
Been to gallery and posted there too, I can see a line on first and it must be hard to get in a pic! Like i said keep testing and posting, it will get darker!!
:hug:

Ness,
How exiting, does that mean twins could be on the cards?
Good luck, I would not be thinking how it works, just happy it did!!

Hi and :hugs: to everyone!

Time to go, being beaten up by an 18month, she trys to get laptop, she has already had the R key which is hit and miss now without the key! (i have to go back and fill them in if i miss them!)

Bye for now

hi all well i got another faint line with a frer and a ic but bfn on superdrug so jus gonna wait tommorow and see what happens thanks,for all the kind words.xx

Hi Ness,
Sorry to be thick but what is a FSH? I know it as full service history, or a fish without an i !! (My hubbys fave joke!!) But trying to think what it could mean!! Doh!!

Take care

:baby:Thinkpink xx

hi thinkpink ive uploaded some more pics in the test gallery will you take a look for me?thanks quail.xxx

Hello ladies!!:hi:

feels like I haven't been on here for ages!! Great to see so many new people! Quail! Wow! thats so exciting!:happydance: and where did that month go!! gonna have a nose at your tests in a mo!

I'm back to cd1! felt like longest 2ww ever- had loads evaps so felt like torture- but no- here I am again!

:hugs: xxx

Feeling sorry for myself after waiting 3 weeks for body to get back to normal after D&C, got so many odd signs, cervix high open, EWCM, negative OPK's (HPT are negative from M/C as of last week) - hubby getting narky with me now for constantly changing how I feel. Just wanna curl up till that :witch: arrives then at least I will be 99% back to normal. Think im gonna :hissy:

Quail, def a :bfp: on there, keep testing!!! Well done!! Fingers crossed for sticky bean xxxx:hug::happydance::hug:

thanks thinkpink,but i got a bfn this morning so just gonna have to wait and see although i did have the same problems with my last pregnancy and it took 2 weeks to get a consitent positive.xxxx

Hi Quail,
Yes its just a case of waiting really, its all waiting at the moment!! Fingers crossed for you,
:baby:thinkpink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back