TTC 30s/40s Club

Hi im Kerry im 41, i have 5 children 4 by a previous relationship and a 5 month old baby boy with my husband, i was steralised in 1994 and had a reversal feb 2008 which resulted in our little man, we are trying to get a little brother or sister for him to grow up with. im on cd 10 so hopefully should ovulate fri. Good luck everyone i hope we all get our bfps asapxx

Hi everyone. I am quite new on here. Almost 38 and only been trying for a few months. My periods were regular until i started desperately thinking about it being my month and i am sure i have delayed them. My oh already has a son (15) and wasnt too excited about the whole starting again thing but i am desperate for my own. He is 47 (maybe his age explains why he isnt too keen on :baby: at his age) and i do worry that our combined ages might delay things considerably. He has had a sperm test done last year and everything was fine though.

I am due my period in a week and am trying not to think about if it could be my month ... i get so stressed at this time (the week before).

I have never been pregnant and i am really worried that my age is going to affect my success. I have been to the docs today to ask about having my fsh etc checked with the hope that i will be reassured on that score.

everyone at work seems to be announcing their pregnancies at the moment and it can really get you down ... :cry:

anyway hope to have some support from you guys and be able to offer some back

:hugs:

Hi All,

Nice to see some more on here!

Welcome, Mama Duck, Fizz and kez, hope you get your bfp's soon!

Mama Duck,
How old are your children? We are not oldies, just more experienced in life!!

Kez,
I had 3 children from previous relationship, and my daughter with my husband. It is nice to hear your reversal went ok, I was very close to being sterilised after my 3rd but went for a mirena coil because i liked the idea it would stop my periods.

Fizz,
Hope it is your month, your oh will be fine with a new baby, my husband's only son was 13 when we had our daughter, and he was the proudest Daddy ever and still is, and our daughter is a right Daddys girl!
Hope your test will be fine, the average ttc time is months so nothing unusual there!

Take care all,

Hi quail. how's it going?

Must go, dont get laptop much and want to check facebook!!

Bye for now

:baby:thinkpink xx

hi thinkpink,im on cd8 just waiting for o, but taking the bvits to increase my lp and just started taking agnus castus to try and bring my o, forward so to help give me a longer lp,how are you? what cd are you on?.xx

hi thinkpink,im on cd8 just waiting for o, but taking the bvits to increase my lp and just started taking agnus castus to try and bring my o, forward so to help give me a longer lp,how are you? what cd are you on?.xx

Well hopefully that will work, have heard good things about angus cactus.:happydance:
I am on cd 19, I ov'd on cd 11, will test from next thursday, although i have some cheapie intenet sticks i may pee on b4 then!!
I just kind of dont want to because if its bfn i will be dissappointed and if its bfp and then i come on I will be gutted, so usually i just test about 2 days b4 I am due on. Got everything crossed, don't feel pregnant but don't remember that i ever do, the tests are always the first I know of it!

So are you testing ov every day? Have you used AC b4? I am lucky to ov early but it seems like a long wait then!!

Take care :hug:

Well hopefully that will work, have heard good things about angus cactus.:happydance:
I am on cd 19, I ov'd on cd 11, will test from next thursday, although i have some cheapie intenet sticks i may pee on b4 then!!
I just kind of dont want to because if its bfn i will be dissappointed and if its bfp and then i come on I will be gutted, so usually i just test about 2 days b4 I am due on. Got everything crossed, don't feel pregnant but don't remember that i ever do, the tests are always the first I know of it!

So are you testing ov every day? Have you used AC b4? I am lucky to ov early but it seems like a long wait then!!

yes im testing for o, everday, and i havent used ac before so im hoping it works as i dont normally o, till around cd20.xxx

can anyone explain all the charting / temping etc. I havent done any of this and feel totally confused by it all. i really have no idea where to start. I dont know much about ovulation / lutureal phase etc. can anyone explain this to me .. simply ? i am generally 28 day cycle but i have no idea when i ovulate ... i presumed it was about day 14 but i understand everyone is different.

how would i go about checking when i ovulate ? do i just need a opk or do i need other things as well ? and what are the costs involved ?

hope someone can help .... :shrug:

can anyone explain all the charting / temping etc. I havent done any of this and feel totally confused by it all. i really have no idea where to start. I dont know much about ovulation / lutureal phase etc. can anyone explain this to me .. simply ? i am generally 28 day cycle but i have no idea when i ovulate ... i presumed it was about day 14 but i understand everyone is different.

how would i go about checking when i ovulate ? do i just need a opk or do i need other things as well ? and what are the costs involved ?

hope someone can help .... :shrug:

I don't know much about it all either, I have been lucky enough to get preggers very easily in the past!
I would reccomend looking on somewhere like fertilityfriend when you register you get the chance to start charting and you get about 15 tutorials emailed to you explaining about it all, thats if you want to chart and temp and stuff, all means nothing to me!

I personally am doing poas (pee on a stick) ovulation tests (ovulation prediction kits or opk's) I got a load off ebay, and you start poas about cd 10 and test each day til you get a line and that tells you you are just about to ovulate, so you go for it!! (they were about £5 for 20 opk's, they are the cheapest as clearblue in boots is a mad amount for about 2 tests!!)
I am hoping a few months of this should pin point ov and I can get pg without the other stuff! My husband has a bad back so pinpointing saves hurting his poor back and not making babies!

Hope this is of some help, I will learn all the other stuff if i need to I am just a bit lazy!!

Take care

yes im testing for o, everday, and i havent used ac before so im hoping it works as i dont normally o, till around cd20.xxx

I remember you are a late ov'er, but that is really late! Lets hope the AC works for you xx

good luck in your 2ww i have my fxd for you.xx

Hi girls just dropping by to let you know i got my :bfp: yesterday :happydance:. Good luck to everyone hope this month is lucky for you!! :wave:

hiya rachel here im 30 my fiance is 30 in november,been ttc baby no 1 for a few months now,im due my period tomorrow got my fingers crossed and a test ready !!

hiya rachel here im 30 my fiance is 30 in november,been ttc baby no 1 for a few months now,im due my period tomorrow got my fingers crossed and a test ready !!

good luck.xx well im on cd11 and hoping that i might o, in the next week ,how are you,thinkpink?

Hello, I am Shawnie. I am 38 years old and DH is 41. I am ttc baby number 1 and on CD14 right now. Fogive me I'm trying to get to know what all the abv mean still *smiles*

Congrats meandmyfive! YAY!

oh before I forget to ask this, quail, have you tried taking vitamin B6? A friend of mine works in neonatal and he said tests have shown that VB6 increases your LP for those who have a less then 10LP if used over a period of time. Usually 2 months or more. I myself started taking it just in case cuz it wont hurt you. I also found it on the net too about others who it has worked for.

Hi All,

Quail, I am bored and fed up! I can test next week, I keep testing early and getting bfn's then i shouldn't be testing yet! I don't get how some seem to get faint bfp's so far b4 they are due on, In the past the earliest i have had a faint line is about 2 days b4 i am due on, and my friend said the same, so why i bother testing i dont know but hanging on til next tuesday is bugging me, I have a bottle of wine to console myself with if i am not pg this month!!...sorry you only asked!!!
Fingers x's for you ov'ing soon! xx

Hi Shawnie,
There are plenty of odd things said here and because its all baby linked it takes a bit to get to know it all!! the main ones are ov-ovulation, bd-baby dance :)blush:) opk-ovulation prediction kit, bfn-big fat neg, bfp- big fat pos, dpo-days past ov, and just off the top of my head they are the most used!
Good luck in ttc xx

Mrsbrightside,
Good luck with testing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back