TTC 30s/40s Club

Hi to all the newbies!:hi: Sorry about your news Omi wishing you :bfp:.

Maz, I had my appointment in the end( nearly didn't as they wanted new blood work done)and saw the consultant, who has decided to put me on clomid. He said that we need to shorten my cycle lenghth and that this was the next and best option. Will be starting on it 2nd day of next cycle. Will wait and see what happens. By the sound of things they seem to recomend thios to alot of ladies, so they just might prescribe it for you too?

Anyways, :dust:to all and lets all stay positive!

Hi there,
I am 31 and been trying to conceive since August 07. My hubby is 36 and we have been together since i was 17!!!!
I had an unplanned pregnancy 7 years ago, which ended in miscarriage at about 10 weeks. Since then haven't wanted to try until last year! I have had 2 very early miscariages about 4 - 5 weeks each time and i now wish we had tried for kids earlier!!!
I get so upset and frustrated each month when i get my period, i ca't tell you.
You are not alone!!!
I suppose we just have to keep trying!!????
Emma
xx

Hi Emsi, and welcome!

First wanna say sorry to hear what you're gone though. Mc is a hard thing to experience (just recouperating after a d&c last friday- so i know) but well done for being strong and keeping at it!!

You're not alone in feeling how you do and luckily you have the support of your gp and your OH and that's great.

im 37 myself (38 next week) and although im late to the game (had to find the missing link-my OH :)) i am positive since at least i got pregnant, which is the big hurdle, i think for many...

Im sure you will find this site a great place to find advice, help and somewhere to vent where you know you'll always find a friendly ear :):hugs:

Best of luck and here's some :dust:

Believe it or not I've managed to get to the ripe old age of 39 and this is my first ever visit to a forum. And, you've guessed it, managed to get to that ripe old age, without having a child. Have been ttc only for a couple of months but some strange things have been happening over the past two weeks - AF due in two days - and have become all bit pre-occupied with the thought that i might be pregnant. anyone out there who's in a remotely similar position. Would be great to hear from you. Here's hoping...

Hi I'm Kristie and I'm 35, DH is 38 and we've been trying to conceive for 8 months. I had a day 21 progesterone level test this month which was 29.8 and my TSH level was 0.7 and AF is 5 days away. From what I've read on lots of forums and the net this could be an indication of pregnancy. I don't want to get my hopes up. I've had a few cramps for about a week, been hideously mood (poor hubby), a spot of blood 3 days ago. Because I've read so much it could all be in my head. I am sure I am not the only one that happens to?.

Anyway, g'day (i'm from Australia) hehehehe :)

Let me know what you think of my progesterone levels...

Thanks and good luck
Me
x

hi kirstie. you're from oz? I was there for five weeks mid-dec to mid-jan. sister lives in Sydney and she got married before Christmas so i stayed out to check it all out a bit. I had the best time!! anyway, back to business. From what you say, looks like it could well be a good month for you. Fingers crossed. I've also had cramps - for over a week now - they're not as strong as AF cramps and are, at times, concentrated on my right hand side - i've also been feeling twinges there especially in evening. But, like you say, it's hard to know it it's not just a case of paying closer attention to you body or whether it's really signs of early pregnancy. I had a v brief bleed on 8 dpo. never had that before. it really shocked me. Af due in one to two days' time so it's just a case of sitting tight til the. it's torture! Wishing you all the luck in the world - give a big kiss from me to down under!

Hi Dawn.

I live in Adelaide. I got married in November last year how funny you were in Oz for a wedding before xmas. Where are you?

I think it "might" be a good month. I just can't test because it's so disappointing, just can't do it. The cramps are weird aren't they. It is like a constant dull AF cramp, I thought I was imaginging it. Sounds like you might be in luck too! I just worry that I've read so much and like you say have been paying such close attention to it all that's it is really in my head. Least you only have 2 days to wait. I have 5....eh!

Good luck and nice to meet you

I know, five days can seem like an awfully long time. but then, if you look at it anothe way, you've got five days of hope ahead of you. at least the prospect is exciting. I'm from Wales - beautiful in parts but a far cry from Adelaide. I think my sister did the right thing moving to paradise. have you had any other symptoms other than cramping?

i've had cramping for about a week. i had that drop of blood. hellishly moody. i was at the gym last night watching biggest loser and i cried, then a pet rescue show came on and i cried and this was at the gym...OMG. today i feel weird, like you know when you've eaten something bad and you are going to get diarrhoea and that sick feeling in your stomach and throat. i have that. 2 people said to me yesterday that i was glowing, although that could have been my makeup ;-) hehehehehe (joking). oh and i've been doing #2 ALOT which is unusual for me and 2 days ago I was itchy all over all day.

what about you anything else?

I do think alot of these are in my head though.

I know what you mean. beginning to get convinced that i'm living proof of the power of suggestion. I noticed lots of things - one being that i'm not at all feeling moody and, believe me, i'm normally v spikeyl as my AF approaches! feel strangely happy but that could be down to feeling hopeful about impending BFP. I've got tender, heavy chest etc but then have had that in the past. Have had mild, dull cramping for well over a week, particuarly on right hand side. I've also had a lot of twinges there too. Earlier today, it seemed to have spread to the right side of my lower back. Had really unusual one-off bleed at 8 dpo - never had that before in my life. On top of that had really bad indigestion and heartburn. also noticed increased saliva but... the power of suggestion etc. 48 hours and counting...

ow wow dawn, now i'm getting excited for you. those are all great indications. i have a big smile on my face for you!!!!

Oooh my fingers are crossed for you ladies, hope this is your much awaited bfp's :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: xx

Kirsty,dawn that sounds very promising! Hope you get your:bfp:

hi to emsi and :dust:to all x

Hi! I'm Micki, 32 and the hubby is 38. We are started to TTC #1 in Dec 2007. Unfortunately i MC @ 5 weeks on the hubby's birthday 1/30. We were told to wait one cycle, but ... hopefully AF will be late.

hello i am 37 been ttc for 4 years - had 2 MC last year, the irony is that i was booked in for tests that were due to start 3 days after i discoved i was pregnent 1st time so those tests got cancelled. My gp is very supportive and i know that if nothing happes in the next couple of months she will push me forward for tests. i only have 1 fallopean ube the right one was removed because it was blocked when i was 17 and i am convinced that this effects my frtility but the doc says it doesnt!
(ps sorry i have terrible spelling!)

Hi

I'm 31 and my DH is 32 and we've been TTC baby #1 for about 2 years. My DH has been tested and everything is fine his end, I've had some test and have been told that I have slight PCOS (whatever that means!):shrug:

My AF :witch: is very irregular, sometimes I have a cycle as long as 60 days, so it's really hard to chart at the moment. I have just been given some ov tests by a friend so am starting them next week when AF has finished! Thought I would just do the ov tests from the day AF stops as don't really know when else to do them?!?!?

It's so glad to know that I'm not the only one out there! :winkwink:

Hi there.:hi: I am 35, hub hub is 36. We have a 16 year old daughter and an 8 month old son. We have been not so much trying as "not taking precautions" since our son was born last June. No luck so far! A close friend of mine introduced me to this site.

Hehe that close friend was me!! :happydance: Welcome to B&B Chrissy...Im sure you will love it!!

Hey ladies...I'ld like to join you! I am 32 and mother to a 4 year old. I have recently married and we are now ttc our first child together. My DH is early 50's and we have been ttc for 6 months. I had a BFP in Jan but that ended in a chemical pregnancy! Although I am glad to know we can get preg, I start to fret when I think about DH's age ;) I was on Mirena for a year and had that removed in Sept 07. Got preg Dec 07 but had the chemical pregnancy. So..here we are again, trying trying trying. Nothing but BFN's since then ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->