• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi all. Well AF got me on the 7th. It was a bad week already, DH had all his teeth pulled. Back at work now. Hope everyone is ok.
Nise- sry about the bite, horsefly got me last month but not too bad, hope you feel better
Ink- too bad AF got you try to keep ur head up
MUM- got everything x'ed

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this forum! I'm 43, OH is 33 and our family so far consists of my son (18), our baby daughter who's almost 1 and 2 dogs. I'm also a teacher for my sins. My problem isn't conceiving, it's getting them to stick! I had a mmc at 10 weeks before my DD was born, and have just had my 3rd consecutive chemical pregnancy :cry: Still, onwards and upwards. During the TWW i'm a poas addict (really!) !! Looking forward to sharing the long road to a bfp with you all xxx

im also 43 and my oh is 33.we r trying for our 1st baby together.i have 4,he has none.gd luck on your tcc journey.

Nise, sorry Ive been a bit awol, lol!

Yes, im on meds. When they first detected it i was told i was borderline but they decided with the 2 mc's that i needed medication. I felt better immediately! A few months later i was re-tested and was upped on the meds and im now on 75micrograms of levothyroxine. Sometimes i take 100mcg.

The main thing with being hypothyroid is that in the UK its not as stringently monitored as in other places. Some fertility endocrinologists want your tsh to be no more than 2 and preferably under if you're ttc. Whereas here you're not even considered hypo unless its over 5 and then some. Weird!

Good luck, hun!

Omi xxx

Thanks Omi, so with a TSH of 14.2 guess I've found the culprit - Hopefully getting appointment with Doc for Monday so can work out how to go about treating it.

Bdwell, I'm sorry the witch got you hun. Always so disappointing.

How's it going Mum? hopefully no sign of her for you.

Hugs to all :hugs:

bdwell, sorry she got you.
Well i am a day late, tested [12po] when Af was due and it looked negative. Havent tested again..tired of thinking about it. So i am left well..in limbo. Symptoms wise, my bbs are just so sore..and smidgeon of nausea that comes and goes but i have both those things when Af is due...although my bbs are never as sore as this i have to say.

Awwww, how frustrating hun.......are you temping at all? fx'd this turns into a nice birthday surprise for OH xx

:hi: everyone

Getting kinda confused/worried about AF. She should arrive by now:wacko:

A good sign though I have is....cold/flu :sick:

Ive already tested the other day BFN

Im going to buy some hpt's tommorw and test by friday if she is a no show.

Fingers Crossed XX:happydance:

Fingers x artic baby.
As for me..well i started to spot and i mean spot literally yesterday and is amounted to basically nothing. I certainly couldnt call it my period. I dont see much point in testing because i doubt im pregnant but feeling really pissed off now with the fact not only did i have a m/c but i am having to put up with a cycle that is mucked up :(

Oh no, sorry you're having to contend with spotting mum - that is truly pants.

Well I am about half way through 2WW now and it's going on and on and on - very boring. :sleep:

well i read it can take 6-7wks for my cycle to get back? YOu know what if having the m/c wasnt enough of a kick in the teeth, now i have this disruption and all i can do is wait it out until my cycle returns to normal! Yes, it is pants and a great big pair of big fat flowery ones at that!

Oh mum sry to see you go through this, hope you get back to your normal self soon, You are in my prayers

I've been to the GP and had tests for infections and chlamydia, and next Monday I am going to the nurse to check for rubella and chicken pox. I also spoke to the GP about my iron/ferretin levels as I read on here somewhere that low ferretin can affect your fertility. The GP checked the last test and it was 20, which is bordeline for being OK generally, but apparently under 40 can be a cause of infertility, so I'm getting that checked as well.

Once that's all done, we should get a referral to the infertility clinic for some further advice.

I'm 9 DPO today, so possibly AF due any time in the next couple of days. Not really feeling any symptoms, but after 7 years of nothing I don't get my hopes up.

Oh mum sry to see you go through this, hope you get back to your normal self soon, You are in my prayers

Thanks, your so kind.

Well my Af came, 2 days late..thats not too bad. Cant wait until its over. Its so heavy and horrible. Dont you just hate periods!! Well this will be my fourth cycle..so heres hoping. xxxx

Oh no Mum, that's even bigger bloody pants! :growlmad: I'm sorry hun.

Good luck with your results Sparky. I've got an appointment with the Doc on Monday morning, to go through the results of my thyroid tests. I guess it's better to know the devil you've got to fight.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend - but what's happened to our Sun!!! I want it back :hugs:

Well, 11 DPO, temp shifted up again today, but as my DH so tactfully put it yesterday, don't hold out any hopes of being pregnant this cycle because he knows AF is on its way. Can't think why Mainly because I have been so goddam grumpy I think!!!! :winkwink:

7dpo!!! Only one wk left to go Anise, fingersx for you. x

hi mumtofive, wow I was looking at your baby perdictions and yours is almost like mine here is mine..
Gail - BFP before October 2010 - Girl
2nd reading from Gail ~ conception sept. 2010 birth month april/may (May 6th 2011)~Girl

Sandra - girl-BFP sept (or could be twins girl/boy)

Amber - BFP October 2010 from a cycle in september 2010 - Girl

so hoping and praying that we both get our BFP's soon...

I have 4 children 3 boys and 1 girl jacob 14, Darrien 13, Patrick 7, Emma 6 and hoping to add another one to our family...me and my husband have been married almost 19 years...nice to meet you...:hugs:

This thread is bad for me! lol. Been reading lots and before I was certain I was just NTNP but the more I read this the more tempted I am to start buying OPKs etc. and I could easily get very OCD about the whole TTC thing I reckon.
I'm not into the whole psychic stuff but seeing how many people on here are getting the readings from Sandra I was intrigued, so I googled 'Sandra reading' to see if I could find the lady's site....what was the first thing that came up on the Google search?? a woman whose name is Sandra Reading....no big deal eh? Except that she is apparently the new head of maternity for some hospital or other....spooky huh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->