TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hello again,

nothing new to report cd4 and in the boring wait for ov...weekend after next. But i shall catch that egg and i shall be victorious, yay!! I always feel a bit optimistic before hand, lol!

Nise: I found this link which really explains the whole hypothyroid thing. If your t4 is 14 you definitely are hypo but the good thing is it can be treated and the (only?) upside is, you'll never pay for any prescriptions again!! :) Just remember to ask for the exemption form at your docs when you get your prescription and if the chemist won't give it to you w/o the exemption (they should as they know we get it free) you can keep the receipt and claim it back (i couldnt be bothered the first time as only £5 but hey.. :))

Good luck and let me know how you get on! Here's the link https://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroidbasicsthyroid101/a/confusion.htm

And :dust: to all!

Omi xxx

Hi
Not sure if this is the right board but here goes. I am 42 this month and have just had two failed ICSI IVF treatment. (Embryos put back but not lasted past a week). I have a 3 year old daughter born from IVF and two children naturally aged 21 and 18. I was sterilised 15 years ago after failure of marriage but have since remarried and we would love a little brother or sister.

We have decided to look at another clinic other than our local one and have narrowed it down to either Care or NURTURE in Nottingham. Does anyone have any experience of these or of IVF at 42.

Lynne

Hi I am 40 years old. I did not start trying to get pregnant until I was 39. I had two miscarriages. One in Sept/09 and another in Fed/10. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with a boy. I had a CVS and blood work done and all looks good so far. I had just about given up, but then it finally came through for me.

My great great Aunt is 94 years old and when she was born her mother was 49 years old. This was back in 1916. My Aunt is still healthy and going strong.

Evening folks....hows we all?

Well, somethings afoot here in Camp Lyns.....a peak on my CBFM! Which is utterly amazing for me, as I'm only CD12 and never normally ovulate before CD16 or 17!!!

I'm on a totally natural cycle (Folic Acid only - no Clomid, no natural alternatives such as B6, Soy or AC) and my only TTC aid this month has been the Zita West conception hypnotherapy CD, and meditation to focus on hormonal balance and egg quality) and it's brough ov forward seemingly by 4 or 5 days!! I'm pretty amazed!!

Anyway, bearing all that in mind......I'm off to bed :D

Hope we all OK xxxxxxx

Evening folks....hows we all?

Well, somethings afoot here in Camp Lyns.....a peak on my CBFM! Which is utterly amazing for me, as I'm only CD12 and never normally ovulate before CD16 or 17!!!

I'm on a totally natural cycle (Folic Acid only - no Clomid, no natural alternatives such as B6, Soy or AC) and my only TTC aid this month has been the Zita West conception hypnotherapy CD, and meditation to focus on hormonal balance and egg quality) and it's brough ov forward seemingly by 4 or 5 days!! I'm pretty amazed!!

Anyway, bearing all that in mind......I'm off to bed :D

Hope we all OK xxxxxxx

Maybe its this thread Lyns as the exact same thing happened to me this month , i got a peak on CBFM on CD12 too and the last 2 cycles it was CD17 or CD18 !!! I did start to take B6 this cycle tho so it could be that.

Thats great that yours has happened on its own :hugs:

Omi - Thanks very much. I've been to the docs today to get results and she has said that all thyroid function is normal both tsh & t4 which I thought was possible high but she says is well within the limits (which are between 12.0 and 22.0 according to the hospital that did the tests) - antibodies were also tested and confirmed as no danger of hypotension. So I'm back to square 1 - age!!! Grrrr. (I will have a look at the site you posted though)

Lynneanne - welcome. I have no experience whatsoever but wish you the very best of luck.

Hopeful 39er - Congratulations and what a fantastic story about your great Aunt's mum being 49 - very encouraging.

Lynns - :yipee: go catch that egg, this could be THE cycle - I do hope so :happydance:

Hi everyone - no AF yet for me, but my temps took a nose dive this morning which means it will probably be today or tomorrow. Strangely that although last month my temps were all over the place and only got a "provisional" OV at Day 11, it looks like my cycle length is going to be exactly the same at 27.

Omi - Thanks very much. I've been to the docs today to get results and she has said that all thyroid function is normal both tsh & t4 which I thought was possible high but she says is well within the limits (which are between 12.0 and 22.0 according to the hospital that did the tests) - antibodies were also tested and confirmed as no danger of hypotension. So I'm back to square 1 - age!!! Grrrr. (I will have a look at the site you posted though)

Lynneanne - welcome. I have no experience whatsoever but wish you the very best of luck.

Hopeful 39er - Congratulations and what a fantastic story about your great Aunt's mum being 49 - very encouraging.

Lynns - :yipee: go catch that egg, this could be THE cycle - I do hope so :happydance:

thats gd news ,glad everything is ok with your results.:happydance:

Well AF started right on time today, so that's me out again.

I had some results back from the doc - I have "unpsecified growth" on a vaginal swab, so am back on antibiotics again (bit confused about this - I think it was taking antibiotics that messed me up "down there" in the first place, so taking more to sort it out seems a bit odd...)

Also ferretin was 45, so OK but borderline as far as fertility goes.

The thread has gone a bit quiet - how is everyone??

Sorry AF got you Sparky.

I'm ovulating so I have a good excuse to be quiet :D xxxxx

Sorry af got you sparky. Not sure about antibiotics as I'm pretty sure they can be a cause of thrush? Try natural yoghurt, damn messy but works a treat!!!! LOL!!
I think I am currently ovulating too! Or just have, not sure due to not temping this cycle!
Feeling really positive now coz DH is firmly on board! Even to the point where he held my legs in the air for me last night after BD!!! TMI I know but he even bought me a decaff to drink upside down!!! LOL!

Im with mummytofour on the natural bio yogurt tip. Very messy but damned soothing, if you know what i mean, lol! I usually get a small tampon and dip it in..god, that sounds just crazy, lol!! But it does work!

Lyns- fingers crossed for you babes!! :)

Hi Ladies

Off to see my consultant tomorrow to see why he thinks the IVF failed again. Its going to be tricky though as I need to ask for a copy of my notes to take to the next clinic so they can see my medical history. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this, not good at upsetting people even if I am paying for it. lol.

Sent my paperwork off to possible new clinic today so hoping to be able to make an appointment to see them next week.
Lynne

This is new territory to me, but im sure LTTC might be able to help you.

Good luck, though :)

Hi Ladies

Off to see my consultant tomorrow to see why he thinks the IVF failed again. Its going to be tricky though as I need to ask for a copy of my notes to take to the next clinic so they can see my medical history. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this, not good at upsetting people even if I am paying for it. lol.

Sent my paperwork off to possible new clinic today so hoping to be able to make an appointment to see them next week.
Lynne

Just ask for them..you are entitled to see them. Dont feel awkward. Just say you need to take them with you to the next clinic exactly as you have explained it. Sounds reasonable to me. x

Hi ladies. Sparky, I'm sorry old hag bag turned up suspect she will be with me tomorrow since temps have been on the decline for the last few days.

I have ordered Soy Iso's for the next cycle, they were despatched yesterday but haven't arrived today - hopefully they will get here on time.

well af got me on sat so on cd 8 now. taking soy this month- have really bad ibs which i think may be caused by soy and a headache but i don't care if i can avoid ivf and paying four grand for the priviledge!! going to try to bd every other day from now until cd 18 lol!! going to try not to test fro ov just to dtd every other day. This months af was horrendous- not so much heavy as really painful- and that has been the way since the d ad c in feb- i thought it was supposed to help! doc can offer no answer just said lap was normal, hormones normal so why am i not normal enough to get BFP fustrated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->