TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I agree - I thought I was gonna have to invest in some mountaineering gear when I was doing it orally :rofl:

Nise: SO funny! I know THAT one all too well. :rofl: Glad I am not alone in looking for that mountaineering gear. On to "flatter" lands! :thumbup:

Well I've been lurking with this thread for a while and not sure why I haven't posted on here earlier so hello :hi:

Macwooly: Welcome! Love your pot story! :rofl: Have a G &T for me too!

Desperado: Aw, hon. That must have been really hard. :hugs: Welcome to the wild world here.

Hello all,
I'm all wedding-ed out, but still hoping my OH might catch the wedding fever and finally pop the question...! Think he's being chivalrous and waiting till he gets a new job before he makes me an honest woman, but after 5 years, I've practically given up hoping! A BnB over 40's wedding would be fun, don't ya think?!
Anyway, enough about me,
LLBean I'm sorry the old cow got you :hugs: Good looking cycle though.
Macwooly -:rofl::rofl: love the sperm/boob story!
Desperado so sorry for all your losses. You are so brave to continue. :hugs: Welcome to our madness x

As to all this vag temping, with the torch flaming away here, I'd melt the thing hee hee!

:howdy: to our new ladies, welcome to the nuthouse! Nothing in here is ever TMI, I mean let's face it at our age not much can shock us now can it!!

Sam definitely go with the vag temping so much more accurate, no gaping open mouths, drool, snoring, cold room, warm room etc to affect the inside of your wanny same as your mouth, unless of course you sleep covers off and your legs up and open prepping for birth already!!!

:growlmad: to the damn witch LL

SPOOMIE please post if you are reading even just to say Hi PLEASE PLEASE

well AFM yup once again you girls were right my temp did go back up and I was freaking out over nothing and expecting the worst and now it looks good again, could have been an implantation dip yesterday, so next few days will tell. I wasn't disappointed or devastated as much as usual last month when witch rocked up cos first cycle after losing ziggy was just too much to ask.

This cycle however is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaay different! My chart is showing really good signs, big dip yesterday (could be implantation) jump today all looks good. If I go by my average LP of 13 days witch is due Wednesday so Tuesday "should" show if witch is coming and I will be going to the shops to buy an HPT or a bottle of wine for my birthday. Please whoever is watching over me can we have ziggy back for my birthday, I will never ask for anything ever again apart from the usual, look after me and my family, keep us healthy and safe etc. Although FF has me testing day of Friday cos I have had a 16 day LP but that was with a chemical.

It's a long weekend here so hopefully gonna be too busy to think next 3 days!!

Miss C: WOO HOO! Your chart DOES look so good!! I am so happy to see that temp rise today. :) Fingers and toes and all bits crossed for your Ziggy's return in time for your birthday! :dust:

And no--not sleeping all legs akimbo and uncovered. :rofl:

OMG Miss C.....do let us know as it is looking really good!

Reb - I met my OH in 2003. We dated for about 6 months then broke up. We remained friends and in 2007 realised we wanted to be together. In 2008 my DS and I moved 50 miles to live in the same town as OH, and in 2009 we moved in with him. We have occasionally talked of marriage but he's made it clear he'll do the proposing. After our loss at Christmas he drunkenly told me that he'd planned to propose but that he couldn't now. I've dropped lots of hints and still no proposal! I've told him that if he doesn't ask me soon I'll say no when he does. If after 8 years he's not sure he wants to marry me then he can bugger off! He's 45 and never been married before (his ex cheated on him weeks after their engagement - he'd been with her 7 years when he proposed) and I'm divorced. Looks like you'll be flying the only flag for an over 40 wedding on here!!

MissC - chart looks very promising - so excited!!!

Pip x

:hi::hi: to Macwooly and Desperado, agree Desperado.....you are one brave lady!!!

Reb - get some Torch burning done.....burn baby burn :haha:

Sam - your chart looks way better already this month....much calmer :thumbup:

Miss C - Your chart looks freakin' brill this month....keeping absolutely everything crossed for you :kiss::hugs:

FYI - I have looked at Spoomie's chart, feel like a peeping Tom :blush::nope: looks like she maybe had an annov cycle of only 19 days, hopefully she'll come back soon :hugs:

CD18 and finally got some crosshairs on my chart......Research detection goes with Ov CD13, Advanced says CD15 :shrug: so I am either 3dpo or 5 dpo :shrug:
I'm a bit angry with my CBFM :growlmad: I have now run out of sticks so fed it an old one today and it's still giving me a HIGH! how can it deduce that from a stick I have already pi$$ed on!!!!! It has clearly missed Ov and after lining my sticks up CD12 & CD13 had the darkest lines. I have taken all the results off my chart otherwise FF doesn't think I've Ov'd and I bloody know I have! *rant over*

You are making me think of vag temping next cycle as mine are a bit erratic....can only think the Soy has made pre-ov temps higher and also messed with the CBFM. I think it does say somewhere not to use it with Clomid as it's Estrogen dependent. OK....I'm waffling now and actually boring myself :rofl::rofl:

Sorry to hear you're having bother with the CBFM. There's a section on the peeonastick website that shows you what a peak stick looks like. If memory serves me right it does look different to a "peak" on a opk. Apologies if you already know this. I'd post a proper link but I'm on my phone so difficult to do.

Pip x

Hi all,

I am 41 have been TTC for 4 mths and am new here what amazing and inspiring stories I have read while lurking for the past few mths.

I am 6dpo and have convinced myself that i have lots of positive symptoms!

I have been with my OH 12 yrs and still no proposal despite being told he will be the one to propose so I sympathise with those in the same position- can't see it ever happening now despite lots of encouragement from friends and family ( sometimes I think he is not doing it because of all the encouragement).

We have a DS who is 9

Baby dust to all!

Hello unnamed :hi:

Well reading this thread has convinced me to do vaginal temping. Also the last 3 days I've temped even though not yet charting as it won't make sense as waiting for AF and in 3 days my temps have varied by 2 degrees so I think I'll be needing climbing gear if I do oral temps :D

Welcome unnamed :kiss:

I'm engaged.....only since February. We haven't set a date yet as baby comes first (because of my age) we felt it would be too much to plan a wedding right now, enough stress TTC!! :winkwink:

Hello unamed!

I've not given up hope yet! He knows I'd like to have a sparkly ring and be his wife, but absolutely do not want the hassle of a wedding. If we do marry then it has to be a quickie civil ceremony with a couple of witnesses. He's one of nine and I can't see us getting away with that :-(

Pip x

When I married my ex-hubby it was a quickie in Las Vegas - my family were fuming - opps!

When I married my DH it was a church ceremony and the stress of organising it and trying to keep both families happy while getting what we wanted was huge. But we did it exactly as we wanted as we were paying for it and I don't regret a moment or decision but wouldn't do it again :D

Hi unnamed and welcome ,was with my dh for eleven years before we finally got married and it was me that proposed to him on a leap year,good luck with ttc,:hugs::hugs:

Thank-you everyone for the welcome

Not giving up on anything yet!

Sam - your chart looks way better already this month....much calmer :thumbup:

FYI - I have looked at Spoomie's chart, feel like a peeping Tom :blush::nope: looks like she maybe had an annov cycle of only 19 days, hopefully she'll come back soon :hugs:

CD18 and finally got some crosshairs on my chart......Research detection goes with Ov CD13, Advanced says CD15 :shrug: so I am either 3dpo or 5 dpo :shrug:
I'm a bit angry with my CBFM :growlmad: I have now run out of sticks so fed it an old one today and it's still giving me a HIGH! how can it deduce that from a stick I have already pi$$ed on!!!!! It has clearly missed Ov and after lining my sticks up CD12 & CD13 had the darkest lines. I have taken all the results off my chart otherwise FF doesn't think I've Ov'd and I bloody know I have! *rant over*

You are making me think of vag temping next cycle as mine are a bit erratic....can only think the Soy has made pre-ov temps higher and also messed with the CBFM. I think it does say somewhere not to use it with Clomid as it's Estrogen dependent. OK....I'm waffling now and actually boring myself :rofl::rofl:

Glowstar: Thanks! The vag temps that I am also tracking on countdowntopregnancy are EVEN calmer than the oral ones, which means that I am going to do just vag ones next cycle. Why mess around with temps that go wacky if they aren't even all that accurate? And our weather has been entirely insane, in the 80s yesterday, high of 65 today, back into the 90s next week, so it's no wonder that the oral temps would be weird since I don't turn the heating on at night and sleep naked and am without my living bed warmer until Tuesday. But I do think that the acupuncture is helping. :thumbup:

Re: CBFM, Pip is right. The stick should actually have one really dark line and one light line when you O. I read that on peeonastick.com With the pee end on the left, the LH line is on the left and the estrogen line is on the right. As LH increases the line gets darker and as estrogen increases the line gets lighter so when you have an LH surge the stick should have a dark LH line (left) and a light estrogen line (right). I took my sticks one month and labelled them and then compared them because I never get peak on my CBFM. But when I found the one with the lightest right line, it corresponded to my temps and my EWCM, so. . .

Hope I don't sound too "professorial" there. I am, after all, a professor and it's hard not to want to share information. :hugs:

I'm worried about Miss Spoomie too. Hope she comes back soon!

Glowstar - here's the link: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#14

Pip x

Hello unnamed - what we going to call you?!!!
Hahaha - new project for some of us - get that sparkly ring! Congrats to Glowie on that one!
Never mind - baby bump comes first.
Miss C - have you tried sending Spoomie a PM? I hope she's okay.

Unfortunately I don't think ziggy will be joining us this cycle, temp nose dived again this morning after looking so promising :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->