TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Apologies for not being around much but just got back from a blissful 12 nights in the New Forest and ....... I will respect the forum rules but let's just say ... here we go again!!! :wohoo:

Well done truly_blessed. All good wishes for a healthy 9 months ahead xx

Uh - Truly - what are you on about? Rules? RULES?!!!! In this thread - you must be joking. Are you not telling us something VERY EXCITING?!?!?!?!
Miss C I'm sorry you've got the birthday blues. Focus on eating cake with Jake and send Ziggy lots of love. x
Morgans - welcome to the shagathon :sex::sex::sex::sex::sex:

Just a quick post to say - reading Sunday Times interview with 47 year old Liz Earle - who has a 1 year old 'unexpected blessing' - there you go. Sleep tight my friends x

I bet you do look awesome for your age, I think I probably do too compared to the majority of women our age, as long as I don't smile too broadly and show up all my crow's feet/laughter lines!!! I credit mine to years of running, though since my pregnancy/mc I haven't run till quite recently and it's alarming how quickly the rot sets in. Getting fit is far harder than staying fit, lesson learned for me! What's your secret Glowstar?

Ha ha...wish I had one Spoomie....probably I am spurred on by the thought I don't want to end up looking like my Mother :haha::haha: that coupled with the fact my OH is only just 32 and looks VERY young for his age :blush:
To be honest I am terribly unfit, my BMI is the highest it's ever been at 21.9. I am finding it harder to keep slim nowadays but I feel that a couple of extra pounds is sometimes better as it smooths out those crows feet nicely :thumbup:

Just read this back and I didn't mean to say that I think I look awesome for my age, probably slightly younger than my 43 years, but awesome would be pushing it for me right now........... Know exactly what you mean about the extra pounds plumping out the crow's feet, when I am at my marathon race weight I may feel amazing but I look like an old hag!!!

thank you for your welcome Miss_C
same pain
same tears
same wet pillows
same hopes...

wishing you the best
I wish you, your little Ziggy come back to you soon... sooner than you thought

Welcome xck30, so sorry to hear about your tough journey and your sad loss. You are in good company, such a wonderful bunch of supportive ladies here who will make you laugh too.

It is not asking too much for a sibling for your little girl; Miss_C and I both have a toddler and have recently had 12 week miscarriages. While we feel incredibly blessed by our little boys, that doesn't mean we can't yearn for a sibling for them.

I also have underactive thyroid which was diagnosed in 2002. I take 125/150mcg on alternate days, though this was increased when I was pregnant with my son in 2008. It is well controlled but after my recent loss I asked for my levels to be checked but all was fine so no answer there.

Hope your stay here is a brief one x

Miss C: I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time of it. I wish there were magic words I could say to make you feel better. :hugs:

Truly: RULES? What rules? I tell you this, if I get a :bfp:, you bet your bippy that I'm going to announce it everywhere! Go for it girl! Congrats!!

I hate, hate, hate that impending AF feeling....Miss C :cry::hugs::hugs: wish I could wave a magic wand and make it go away....how dare the evil cow attempt to ruin your birthday!! :growlmad:

Have I missed a BFP announcement :dohh:

truly - come back - don't dump and run - come back and post in the biggest boldest letters you can find please - we are here to eff the rules!!!! This is our thread and there are no rules. Don't mess with me today - I am PMSing and I am angry!!

p.s. :yipee:

girls, lovely girls ... a lot of you are having a really down time at the minute and I only ever seem to nip in with a quick update. I know as much I want to hear good news sometimes I think privately 'why can't it be me!'

I've had 2 chemicals in the last 7-8 months and an MMC in Dec09 so will be keeping firmly grounded for a while yet. I really wish I could wave a wand and make all your wishes come true. I'm not sure what's changed for us as we went for 6 or 7 months with not even a sniff of a BFP, the only thing we have done is continue fanning the ailing snatch flames for 3 or 4 days after OV and starting around CD8, that and trying not to think about it too much. I couldn't even tell you when OV was this cycle and I have sunk a few bottles of wine on holiday :nope:

I pray you will all get your wishes real soon x

Congratulations Truly and wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy x

:hugs: for all you ladies having a hard time :hugs: I can't imagine how you are feeling and I am so sorry for your loses. Sending you loads of support and praying your BFPs and sticky beans are with you soon x

erm ladies why have we been moved "over ttc over 35" into "groups and discussion"?

And while we're on the subject of BnB oddities - after what Truly said about the rules of the forum and having read the 'don't post your BFP's on the over 35's TTC thread' - shall we agree that in our lovely over 40's thread, any BFP's can be posted LOUD AND CLEAR for all to see and rejoice in?!
That said, Truly Blessed I completely understand your wanting to wait before shouting to the world!!! But here's keeping lots of fingers, toes and everything else crossed for the next 9 months!:happydance::dance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:
When you're sure, someone will have to post Holly. x

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA Truly!! Go girl!!!!:happydance:xXx

Hi ladies!
Has anyone noticed their cycles getting shorter? My luteal phase has gotten shorter and I can only assume it has to do with egg quality.

Holly is the code signal. I love it.

AFM: OH will be back tomorrow morning and I tell you, jetlagged :plane: or not, that man had better be ready to shag me within an inch of my life. I'm guessing that I will O on Sat or Sun, so we're going to get going on TH. Daily until Monday if the man's unit doesn't break. :muaha: So get ready to pass the torch this way!

I love the positive attitudes, ladies.

Truly, keeping an eye on you and good thoughts.

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuly Scrumptious!!!!!! woooo hoooo :thumbup::thumbup:

I want to do one of those funny dances :haha: huge congrats....erm I mean Holly :shhh::shhh:.....erm I mean....oh what the FOOK....BFP, BFP, BFP :kiss::hugs::hugs:

Sam - you go girl, get shagging :haha::winkwink:

AFM - had the CD21 bloods taken today, have to wait a week for results, so might have AF by then...or not...but think it will be likely.
Is it just me or does anyone else spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at their charts :wacko: I keep staring at mine thinking it's going to tell me something :haha: I think I need a LIFE!!! outside TTC that is. I decided over the weekend that I would partake in a bottle of wine, I can't live every second of my life fretting over the slightest thing as I know it's not healthy so I am trying to go more for a 'carry on as normal' attitude........clearly it's not working because I STALK my own chart :rofl::rofl:

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuly Scrumptious!!!!!! woooo hoooo :thumbup::thumbup:

I want to do one of those funny dances :haha: huge congrats....erm I mean Holly :shhh::shhh:.....erm I mean....oh what the FOOK....BFP, BFP, BFP :kiss::hugs::hugs:

Sam - you go girl, get shagging :haha::winkwink:

AFM - had the CD21 bloods taken today, have to wait a week for results, so might have AF by then...or not...but think it will be likely.
Is it just me or does anyone else spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at their charts :wacko: I keep staring at mine thinking it's going to tell me something :haha: I think I need a LIFE!!! outside TTC that is. I decided over the weekend that I would partake in a bottle of wine, I can't live every second of my life fretting over the slightest thing as I know it's not healthy so I am trying to go more for a 'carry on as normal' attitude........clearly it's not working because I STALK my own chart :rofl::rofl:

It doesn't stop when you get a BFP either, just then you spend a ridiculous about of time looking at the calendar and calculating what you will be doing week by week lol. My dairy is full of week numbers scribbled at the side of each week.

On a plane heading home after a week in La La Land (Los Angeles) and hubby better beware as my batteries have recharged!(well charged for baby making but on 3 hours of sleep for two nights LOL) I'm with you Samian, let the "dancing" begin!

Yey Trully...AWESOME!

It's NOT just you. Some months are like that, I think. That was my main problem last month, I think. This month, because I have so many flippin papers to mark, I don't have time to stalk my own chart. Though I do confess to getting more and more that way as the paper pile diminishes and as the O date nears (anyone else think it's totally weird that there is an emoticon for :spermy:, but not one for the huevo?). I suggest that this :coolio: could be our symbol for the huevo until B&B creates one for us. Anyway, have been taking maca and green tea and grapefruit juice and mucinex along with the evening primrose, red raspberry leaf and vitex, avoiding carbs and caffeine and doing acupuncture, meditation and running. I tell you, if that :coolio: isn't one healthy huevo this month, well. . .

Also, I cancelled Thursday's HSG test. I figure, next month I won't be with OH during the fertile window, so if I am not up the duff after this cycle, I can do it then. I don't want to potentially waste a cycle! Silly doctors. How can they think we'd do that anyway? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->