TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

AFM - had the CD21 bloods taken today, have to wait a week for results, so might have AF by then...or not...but think it will be likely.
Is it just me or does anyone else spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at their charts :wacko: I keep staring at mine thinking it's going to tell me something :haha: I think I need a LIFE!!! outside TTC that is. I decided over the weekend that I would partake in a bottle of wine, I can't live every second of my life fretting over the slightest thing as I know it's not healthy so I am trying to go more for a 'carry on as normal' attitude........clearly it's not working because I STALK my own chart :rofl::rofl:

Haha Glowstar. Love it! I too stalk my own chart, that's a great line. I'm with Sam, some months are worse than others, I find I'm worse if my chart appears to show 'promise'. If it does (in my warped little brain) I can click on FF several times a day, just to see if she's posted a big message of congratulations in the middle of my screen!

Also, along with feeling like I'm doing everything humanly possible (green tea, grapefruit, herbs, vitamins, vitex, DHEA, fish oil etc etc etc) I too am trying to redress the balance in my life so that ttc is not quite so big in my mind. I realise that I will fail spectacularly after ovulation, but having missed bd/ovulation timing completely last month due to freak early ovulation, it was actually so refreshing not to spend 2 weeks obsessing 'Am I?/Aren't I?' and I'd like a bit more of that feeling! This cycle I too have had a glass of wine on a couple of occasions, I know I have been abstaining because it's what I did (obviously!) when I was pregnant and I think it's been about holding on to the lost pregnancy - crazy woman I know :wacko:

It's NOT just you. Some months are like that, I think. That was my main problem last month, I think. This month, because I have so many flippin papers to mark, I don't have time to stalk my own chart. Though I do confess to getting more and more that way as the paper pile diminishes and as the O date nears (anyone else think it's totally weird that there is an emoticon for :spermy:, but not one for the huevo?). I suggest that this :coolio: could be our symbol for the huevo until B&B creates one for us. Anyway, have been taking maca and green tea and grapefruit juice and mucinex along with the evening primrose, red raspberry leaf and vitex, avoiding carbs and caffeine and doing acupuncture, meditation and running. I tell you, if that :coolio: isn't one healthy huevo this month, well. . .

Samian, what's the reason for avoiding carbs? I'm a runner, I live on carbs!!! Do I need to lose them too? That would be a tough one for me. At least I'd lose the extra 8lbs I've gained since the mc if I had to do that! Every cloud.........:haha:

Samian, what's the reason for avoiding carbs? I'm a runner, I live on carbs!!! Do I need to lose them too? That would be a tough one for me. At least I'd lose the extra 8lbs I've gained since the mc if I had to do that! Every cloud.........:haha:

Spoomie: I'm avoiding carbs because there are some hints of PCOS in my background as well as in my temps. Avoiding carbs can allow you to control the insulin resistence and without that problem, then estrogen doesn't get too high and mess with ovulation and the luteal phase. Supposedly. Also, as fat cells create more estrogen and I am trying to shed a few of those (about 10 too), well, it helps. I won't know until next cycle (they're waiting for a med to get out of my system) if I am definitely PCOS, but I figured that I may as well see if acting as if I am resolves anything. And it seems to be helping; my temps are less erratic, at least so far. Despite working out, I've been feeling pretty good without the simple carbs even though I am doing things like wind sprints again. So it is possible. I wouldn't have imagined it possible. Mind you, I do live on veggies and those are complex carbs, so it's not a purely no carb thing. I'm roughly following the pcosdiva.com diet plan and feeling really strong and good. THANK god for that since I'm caffeine and alcohol free. :wacko:

Just so you know....I am stalking ALL your charts too....so my obsession spreads far and wide :haha:
Where is Nise? her chart looked really good yesterday and a bit different to some of he more recent ones, she took Clomid too :thumbup:

Truly - sing along with me - BFP BFP BFP! BFP BFP BFPeeee - sing along to Here We Go, Here we Go Here We Go etc..! (Stars and Stripes forever to our American friends)
Party of 5 I'm not an expert, but short luteal phase can mean low progesterone - I had my day 21 tests done...also found going to acupuncture helped to lengthen it a bit.
Sami and LLBean loving the thought of these couples racing through the air in order to join the shagathon! Good luck with the torch - it's nearly all over here, although not sure whether my :coolio: is here - my temps have gone a bit nuts.
Glowie - could you do some chart stalking and tell me what's going on?! I've been very bad at temping this month, but just did around O - it looked great for a temp rise yesterday but today it's fallen back. :wacko:
Okay - TMI alert Instead Cups - ha ha ha ha!!! Had a quick singe of the torch yesterday morning, put one in then the dog started to choke, so we rushed off to the vets. I'm not an expert with the Instead Cups and I felt leakage...by the time we got there I was doing all sorts of fanny farts and spermies going everywhere!!! URK! Practise your insertion if you're using them - that's my new motto. (Doggie okay- has kennel cough poor baby)
Miss C - how are you? Spoomie, you're sounding good - love to all x

oh Reb that is so funny. I can just imagine you in the vets. At least the doggie had the decency to wait until you'd finished (or maybe you just didn't hear them). Ours normally barges in half way through and proceeds to give his private parts a good washing (the dog's that is)

I too admit to the odd chart chart stalk although I have no idea what I'm looking at, it all looks very clever though.

Truly - sing along with me - BFP BFP BFP! BFP BFP BFPeeee - sing along to Here We Go, Here we Go Here We Go etc..! (Stars and Stripes forever to our American friends)
Party of 5 I'm not an expert, but short luteal phase can mean low progesterone - I had my day 21 tests done...also found going to acupuncture helped to lengthen it a bit.
Sami and LLBean loving the thought of these couples racing through the air in order to join the shagathon! Good luck with the torch - it's nearly all over here, although not sure whether my :coolio: is here - my temps have gone a bit nuts.
Glowie - could you do some chart stalking and tell me what's going on?! I've been very bad at temping this month, but just did around O - it looked great for a temp rise yesterday but today it's fallen back. :wacko:
Okay - TMI alert Instead Cups - ha ha ha ha!!! Had a quick singe of the torch yesterday morning, put one in then the dog started to choke, so we rushed off to the vets. I'm not an expert with the Instead Cups and I felt leakage...by the time we got there I was doing all sorts of fanny farts and spermies going everywhere!!! URK! Practise your insertion if you're using them - that's my new motto. (Doggie okay- has kennel cough poor baby)
Miss C - how are you? Spoomie, you're sounding good - love to all x

:haha::haha::haha: fanny farting your way to the Vets....CLASSIC!....PS, Manuka Honey is excellent for KC :winkwink: as is Benylin :winkwink: the Vets will rip you off :growlmad:

I would say O on CD11 with a FB rise...but you've got a missing temp the day before.....or it could be today CD13.....too hard to tell without a few more temps :wacko: keep shagging though Reb, at least for a day or two!!!

Hey girls, how do we get out thread back onto TTC 35+? Cos at the moment we're sitting in groups and discussions and it's causing me huge problems as usually we're at the top of the page with our updates and I can find you easy now we're waaaaay down the list. Team baby 2012 that LLBean is also there too!!!! How do I message admin to put us back where we belong?????:shrug:

think miss_c is already on the case, she's posted in the over 35 forum section requesting we get it moved so you might want to add any comments to there. I read it and I'm scared, I'd be putting it straight back if it were me :winkwink:

Thanks Truly! I found Miss C's post too, yikes!!!:gun:

Sock it to 'em, Miss C!
Thanks for the chart stalk, Glowie - bit confusing innit. I wasn't really temping this month as it was stressing me out and now I wish I'd either done it properly or not at all!

Reb: I think you're going to O tomorrow, but I don't know as much about temping and reading charts as Glowstar.

I'm going to have to check out Miss C's post then!

I think every now and then the mods have a clean up. If they spot anything that looks like a group rather than just a short question and answer thread they put it into groups. It's happened to a few threads I've been involved in.

As for how to find this thread - I go to user CP when I log on and check for updates to all threads I'm subscribed for (ie where I've posted in the past). If it's not listed there I go down to List Subscriptions (on the left hand side of the screen towards the bottom) and get in that way.

Hope that helps.

Pip x

Guess we are a group! TTC after 40 is hardly a quick question and answer! Hey Pip, how's bumpette?

My Wriggle-Bum is doing very well thanks. Just waiting on a date for my 12w scan. I've posted a bump pic in my journal. The link is in my siggy.

Pip x

Hi Reb S

I agree with Glowstar about O on cd11. I doubt that our 'friend' FF will give you a coverline and an ovulation day though if my experience is anything to go by; fooling myself that I was chilled about my chart, I missed a few early temps last month, only to be caught out by freak ovulation on cd7 (by my reckoning) and because I didn't have enough follicular phase data FFF (figure out the extra F....) refused to give me a coverline and ovulation day. So, aside from the early days on AF (I temp vaginally!) I have been more conscientious this month, now she now has to play ball!

Hope you're doing ok now that May is here, you sound as though you're finding ways to distract yourself :)

Spoomie xxx

Thanks Spoomie, Sam and Glowie - I'm going to vote for day 11, whilst hoping it's day 13 - My CBFM was in a mess this month as I pressed the button the wrong day, so maybe the peaks are late as it was confused, poor little Munchkin. However, :devil: mwahahahha! - we're going to pretend it's today and continue the Shagathon tonight. It's our anniversary tomorrow, so may as well!
Pip - glad wriggle-bum is going well. I'm going to stalk your journal as soon as I've made supper! x
Spoomie, thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm okay so far x

well that;ll teach them to screw with us old ducks AND when we have PMS!!

now glowy ms chart stalker please please help me out. I posted on the soy group as well, wth has happened to my chart and where is the damn witch?!!!!

how many of you get ewcm just before O or at least watery cm, or does it not change much for you? I always get it just before AF, must be the shift in the progesterone and the estrogen stepping back in.

I am uber uber confused this morning as to what my body is doing and ofcourse I am now freaking myself out, menopause etc etc

Reb...go with the Torch...go...go...go :happydance::happydance::thumbup:

Miss C...looked at your chart before coming here this AM...being the weirdo stalker that I am...and see FFF has taken out your crosshairs...cheeky moo!!
Your temps seem a bit erratic :shrug: looking again I think you might have O'd on CD18...it is a possibility, with a coverline of around 36.65. It's the only thing I can think of to be honest and maybe it wasn't a FB rise :wacko:
I hope your temp soars high tomorrow...and it's a BFP messing with you and not the evil cow! AND NO...REPEAT AFTER ME...YOU ARE NOT MENOPAUSAL WOMAN!!!!

I am in a similar boat as FFF (love the extra F Reb :thumbup:) has me confused...cd13 or cd15...TCOYF on the other hand has me O'ing on CD16...WTF is up with that!!! I have no idea how many dpo I am :shrug: I am going to go with CD15 as it's somewhere in the middle :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->