TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

hi ...can i join you lovely ladies
need all the support i can get
i"m 40 , 41 this year and my DH is 47
had a TR done april08 and got a BFP jan09 and had my lil man sept09
i got pg again aug10 but unfortunately lost him at 19 weeks due to cord strangulation
so trying again and hopefully gonna get another BFP!!!!

just wanted to know if any of you are using natural supplements?
DHEA? or anything else?
didn"t take anything last time but wondered being a bit older lol
if my eggs need a helping hand !!!

DHEA? or anything else?

Hi Herbie

Welcome to the place none of wishes we were. This is just a quick reply as I too have a toddler so little time to reply during the day :) So sorry for your loss, 19 weeks must be terrible. I am just 43 and my son is 2, going to be 3 in August. I was pregnant in August last year and lost at 12+2 last November, the day before our scan. I have really really struggled to come to terms with my loss, wondering if it was my last chance or if I'll be able to get pregnant again. Since January this year I have been seeing a herbalist and am taking her tincture, along with vitex, EPO/flaxseed oil, fish oils, zinc, vitamin C, pre-natal vitamin, and latterly, started taking DHEA too. Still no good news to share I'm afraid, but she has also added herbs for depression and I definitely think that has helped - aside from the expected downs which I still suffer periodically. I am trying to keep the faith, she herself fell pregnant naturally at 47 after suffering mc so when I go to see her she assures me that I am still young, which helps enormously! Join us and share your journey, I can testify that this community (especially our thread) gives unending an invaluable support when the rest of the world makes you feel like there is no hope.

I too am on cd9, let's hope this is a 9 month cycle for both of us

Spoomie xxx

Hello all and thanks SO much for your lovely wishes! What a nice surprise for me, I didn't think he'd ever do it! We haven't chosen a ring yet, but like yours, Glowie, it'll be simple - platinum with a single set stone. Blimey!
Right -
Glowie, your chart looks fab...keeping fingers crossed.
Spoomie I hope your twinny comes back too. You're sounding good, here's to a nice :coolio: eggie growing right now!
Nise - I haven't stalked your chart yet today - did she get you?
Herbie you're most welcome! What a story - I'm so sorry for your loss, you must have been devastated. I'm so glad you have a little one - what a SWEETIE! I'm also seeing a herbalist, acupuncturist although I've been a bit lax this month; I'm also taking posh (and expensive!) vitamins; tried soy this month, but it just made me ovulate a day early, so giving up with that! Anyway, very good luck with your journey and stay on board for lots of support and fun x

Yes Reb, feeling better this month. Thanks. Maybe just time that's healing, but starting to run again has most definitely been hugely beneficial to my state of mind. Acupuncture is next on my list :) Also been doing fertility self massage the past couple of days so will see what that does for my chances!

Belated congratulations, what happy news. I'll start searching for a nice hat..... :) x

thanks so much for your relpy hun
lets hope its our month
and theres lots of BFPs !!!!!!!!!

Hi Herbie....welcome to the BEST and most SUPPORTIVE thread on BNB :hugs:
So sorry for your loss....that must have been devastating...thank god you have your little man :hugs: you'll get plenty of support TTCAL here :winkwink:

Spoomie...you are so right...not getting giddy because felt really crampy today...AF type cramps so as per usual even though I would love to say I am in...I am pretty sure I will be out....in....out....shake it all about :haha:
When I get to this stage dpo I just want to know...either BFP or MOVE ON!!!

Reb....good luck picking that bling :kiss:

Had really bad cramps last week and was convinced AF was on the way but still not here. Back to testing once a week just to be sure and waiting.

Thought sure that I had ovulated a few weeks ago but obviously not. Or maybe I'm having anovolatory cycles??

DHEA? or anything else?

Hi Herbie

Welcome to the place none of wishes we were. This is just a quick reply as I too have a toddler so little time to reply during the day :) So sorry for your loss, 19 weeks must be terrible. I am just 43 and my son is 2, going to be 3 in August. I was pregnant in August last year and lost at 12+2 last November, the day before our scan. I have really really struggled to come to terms with my loss, wondering if it was my last chance or if I'll be able to get pregnant again. Since January this year I have been seeing a herbalist and am taking her tincture, along with vitex, EPO/flaxseed oil, fish oils, zinc, vitamin C, pre-natal vitamin, and latterly, started taking DHEA too. Still no good news to share I'm afraid, but she has also added herbs for depression and I definitely think that has helped - aside from the expected downs which I still suffer periodically. I am trying to keep the faith, she herself fell pregnant naturally at 47 after suffering mc so when I go to see her she assures me that I am still young, which helps enormously! Join us and share your journey, I can testify that this community (especially our thread) gives unending an invaluable support when the rest of the world makes you feel like there is no hope.

I too am on cd9, let's hope this is a 9 month cycle for both of us

Spoomie xxx

Wow, cool about your herbalist following naturally pregnant at 47. :))))))

i have a question for you lovely ladies
is it ok to just stop taking DHEA?
i have been taking it for 9 days now and the mood swings are horrendous ans also starting to lose my hair and i can"t have that!!! lol
does anyone know how long it stays in your system?

Loving the idea of lots of ladies having 9 month cycles :)

i have a question for you lovely ladies
is it ok to just stop taking DHEA?
i have been taking it for 9 days now and the mood swings are horrendous ans also starting to lose my hair and i can"t have that!!! lol
does anyone know how long it stays in your system?

Yes, it is okay to stop. Sorry you had ill effects with it! Dunno how long it stays in your system, but possibly drinking a lot of water will help flush your system.

Reb: Yay on the ring shopping! So exciting!

Will be chart stalking the rest of you lovely Ladies! have a great weekend!

Welcome Herbie! So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Everyone else: HI! :wave: Taking a break from the shag-fest. Day two and other than a few rug burns, we're holding up just fine. :blush: Now. As long as that egg makes an appearance tomorrow or Sunday. . . :coolio:

Welcome Herbie! So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Everyone else: HI! :wave: Taking a break from the shag-fest. Day two and other than a few rug burns, we're holding up just fine. :blush: Now. As long as that egg makes an appearance tomorrow or Sunday. . . :coolio:

FX'd for you! Shag-fest for us yesterday to, along with a lot of Mexican food! Not together, though. :haha

Not sure what is going on this month, but I'm having fun practicing!

we need to see a picture of that ring as soon as you get it on your finger Reb. Mine's in here and I didn't even know he'd bought it, chose it all by himself, clever boy.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1096359644144.2016954.1081195723&l=0a59377086

Grace: Strange chart you have this month. Are you temping vaginally? Is your room really warm this cycle?

We had some Mexican food too, but we're also having a delayed cinco de mayo party tomorrow, which will be fun. When I was at the dollar store buying cheapie preg tests, I found some cute margarita glasses with cactus on the stems. I'll be drinking grapefruit juice, but at least it will be from a cute glass! Enjoy your shagathon!

Truly: GORGEOUS ring!

Truly...gorgeous ring :kiss: you lucky girl.....just noticed (not that I am nosey but your surname is the same as mine) and I am in the Northwest too :winkwink:

I am waiting for pre-seed and c+
I gonna use them
It is my first time
cross finger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member