TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I'm sorry that Miss C isn't coming back. I'll PM you with my FB details as I'd like to keep in touch with her.

Pip x

Anyway. . . Shagfest day three. No oh-my-god-I'm-ovulating-let's-have-a-fight-now issues and we're both still smiling.

So funny Samian, I know exactly what you mean. I also seem to manage to engineer an altercation around that time, just to make sure I'm super stressed! It's good to know I've got company and it's normal, or at least I'm glad I'm not the only warped ttc out there!!! :haha:

Surprisingly, I'm far more relaxed this month (up to now, just got my first CBFM high today). I guess it's probably a combination of factors: after my last big dip into depression a few weeks ago I'm probably beginning to heal, but my body also feels far more harmonious, I am sure that running is a big part of that but I'm also cautiously hoping that it means my body is ready to be pregnant again. It feels like I have been fighting it ever since the mc and that has dissipated noticeably. I will NOT get carried away with this theory as I know there are dire consequences to doing so, but regardless of why it is, I'm feeling better than I have in months.

On a separate note, has anyone ever tried fertility self massage? I thought I might give it a go as it's free unlike all the other things I invest our money in, in the quest!

Hi Spoomie, so glad you are feeling better, a relaxed mind and body has to be a winning combination. I posted a link a week or so ago about Macs and also self fertility massage, it's definitely something I am interested in having a go at and as you say it's free and quite sure very relaxing. I might train OH to do it!
Still not sure how many days past ov I am, very frustrating at this stage, I really just want to move on now!

evening ladies
just wondered if anyone has used or is using maca
and if so where did they get it from?

Hi Herbie, quite a few if us are I think, I got mine off eBay it's a swansons one, think it was about £7 inc p&p. I am only taking 500mg at the moment as started it after ov. I believe you are supposed to stop taking it during af to let your body flush everything out naturally. My OH is taking it to and think we will both up the amount we take for next cycle. The powder form is supposed to be more potent and better but heard it tastes awful so quite happy to stick to the capsules for now x

Herbie: I am taking maca too and it seems to have made my temps very even and nice. We shall see what happens. I got it at my local health food store, though. Here in America.

Spoomie & Glowstar: I am interested in learning how to do the fertility self massage. Where is your link, Glowie?

Spoomie: I am so glad that you are feeling better. I'm having a great month too. I swear that it's the running. It calms me right the f down and I sleep better etc. And I know it's good for my potential PCOS, so. . .

AFM: Anyone have the experience where, right after sex on the day of O (or right before), that you got completely and utterly totally hot as hell afterward? I'm just roasting and cannot seem to cool down. And, as this is day three and it was the second time today, it's not as if we were swinging from the chandelier while doing it. Ideas?

thanks girls
just ordered the swanson one glowstar
just hope it works for us :thumbup:

had a look in holland and barrett but they only do horny goat weed with maca
is it the same?

evening ladies
just wondered if anyone has used or is using maca
and if so where did they get it from?

Hi herbie,dh started the Maca powder last week,was just taking half a teaspoon with pineapple juice for the first three days,and he was fine,then we tried to up it to almost a teaspoon,he was in a really bad mood and had awful road-rage,also had heart palpitations ,not good,:nope:So we went back down to half a teaspoon,seems better now but very stressed so just have to watch and see ,good luck,hope this helps,:hugs::hugs:

thanks hun
tried DHEA and it made me moody, depressed and my hair started t fall out!!!
gutted!!!!!! but i can"t be bald lol :haha: it wasn"t loads od hair but i did notice it and after reading the side effects , thought that is just typical as the side effects are quite rare

Morning all,
I would join the FB bunch, but I'm not on it and don't want to start! OH spends ages on it! I'll PM Miss C and maybe you can keep us all in touch.

Maryanne - I hope you're feeling okay - NO it was nothing you did. I know that feeling well and with my due date up next week I'm STILL thinking, oh I carried that heavy thing, I ate that naughty chocolate, I didn't love it enough - horrible nonsense. Anyway, lots of hugs and hope to see you TTC again soon x
Spoomie - glad to hear that you're feeling so much better! Keep it up, girl!
Glowie - your chart still looks good to me - I'm keeping fingers crossed for you -:af:
Desperado - yikes, I hope hubby's okay now - that Maca sounds very potent!
Herbie - I like the sound of horny goat!!! That's me last week!
x

thanks hun
tried DHEA and it made me moody, depressed and my hair started t fall out!!!
gutted!!!!!! but i can"t be bald lol :haha: it wasn"t loads od hair but i did notice it and after reading the side effects , thought that is just typical as the side effects are quite rare

Scary or wot ,hope the maca agrees with u Hun,good luck :hugs:

Thanks Reb s ,am sure he will be fine,as long as he's up and running for o within the next week ,:hugs:

thanks hunni:hugs:
i am rattling with all these pills and potions lol:haha:
hope they work!!!
never bothered with anything before , but just thought i"ll give those eggys a helping hand :)

Sam - If you do a search on Youtube you will find a couple of videos on it, think your supposed to do it after AF up to ovulation, looks pretty easy and relaxing to do. I suppose any sort of massage around that area can only be a good thing to get the blood flowing etc.

Desperado - OH and I have been fine on the Maca, not sure what we will be like if we up the dosage though, that's why we only started on 500mg and then gradually increase it.

AFM.....well having a 'Spoomie' chart where FF is telling me chart is possibly triphasic on CD23 :dohh: to be honest pretty sure it's not :winkwink: tested this morning and BFN so really just waiting for the witch to arrive. That part is bugging me though as now might have an extra wait because of that freak temp on CD15....still not 100% if O'd on CD13 or CD15 which could prolong AF's appearance :wacko:

thanks hunni:hugs:
i am rattling with all these pills and potions lol:haha:
hope they work!!!
never bothered with anything before , but just thought i"ll give those eggys a helping hand :)

Same here,but anythings worth a shot,am on aspirin vit b ,folic acid and ,pregnacare ,also royal jelly,hoping something can help.:hugs::hugs:

:rofl: for the horny goat Maca & welcome to the newbies. This thread chugs along at a rate of knots so I've just spent ages catching up and now can't remember who did what! :rofl: I'll have to take notes next time - another downside to be over 40!

Marianne, I am so sorry to hear about your loss - must have been a really dark time for you, sadly most of us here are familiar with loss - let's hope we'll all be familiar with gain very soon.

Well CD1 here flaming witch flew in at lunch time, one day later than she was supposed to. I'm going to stop ttc so hard for a while, I'll still be around but I'm just gonna take things easy, no temping this month - gonna just try getting on with life and finding the "joy without a baby" that I used to have.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. :hugs:

Good afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

I'm totally disgusted with my chart today. We turned off the heat again due to beautiful daytime temps and left it off overnight. Now my chart just looks like pretty mountains. Egads! :dohh:

AFM.....well having a 'Spoomie' chart where FF is telling me chart is possibly triphasic on CD23 :dohh: to be honest pretty sure it's not :winkwink: tested this morning and BFN so really just waiting for the witch to arrive. That part is bugging me though as now might have an extra wait because of that freak temp on CD15....still not 100% if O'd on CD13 or CD15 which could prolong AF's appearance :wacko:

Hey Glowstar, damn her FFF. I hate her that she raises your hopes like that. I was so excited to check out your chart this am, and disappointed to see a drop. Really hope it goes up again tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->