TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Congrats hellbabyxx

Missy, so sorry :'( you sound positive though so fx'd.

Spoomie, good idea about getting oh to do your charting, it is so easy to obsess over the tiniest detail. Glad you had a good day yesterday under the circumstances. X x

Missy sorry for your loss but we will hold you tight here and looks like BFPs can be contagious too ;-)

Oh Missy, I'm so sorry. Lots and lots of hugs. If you need to vent or cry on our shoulders, we're all here for you x
Spoomie - I'm really glad you had such a positive day and that now it's over. And what a beautiful day it was.
x
Hellbaby - can we have a picky, please?! Mumof6 posted one as her new avatar and it made me so happy! x

Morning all - well my chart no longer has a twinny, thank heavens for spoomie cos it means I still do!!! Temps levelled off now no more rise, still got the yellow green snot but more yellow creamy now so who knows whats going on with my cervix!! It also feels softer than usual. Boobies still soft though and not in the least bit tender, this time ziggy's cycle we are off camping so cannot remember any symptoms as we were busy swimming and stuff.

Ah well time to step away from the overlays - yes spoomie I will do as I am told. Not stressing too much as I am excited to start the clomid next cycle and be under the care of our FS, wait and see that the AMH results are and DP's SA if we ever get it done!! He also plans to do his own scan and have "good look around" and find out about the tube cleany thing etc. So my heart is very well guarded.

Missy hugs sweetheart good PMA is awesome but please do take time out to grieve, if not it bites ya on the bum, you can grieve and ttc, just a shame we haven't got the luxury of waitining 6 months etc - although judging by the story I posted yesterday I've got another 7 years up my sleve lol!! Hugs honey.

Hellbaby woo hoo thanks for sharing, it's awesome that this thread exists and remains alive with new comers and regulars and long termers and even better with those that were here and then come back and share such awesome news!

Morning all - well my chart no longer has a twinny, thank heavens for spoomie cos it means I still do!!! Temps levelled off now no more rise, still got the yellow green snot but more yellow creamy now so who knows whats going on with my cervix!! It also feels softer than usual. Boobies still soft though and not in the least bit tender, this time ziggy's cycle we are off camping so cannot remember any symptoms as we were busy swimming and stuff.

Ah well time to step away from the overlays - yes spoomie I will do as I am told.

Bless you my twinny. I had just checked out your chart before I saw this message and was so sorry to see that temp rise had not been sustained. It does not mean that you are out, I *think* my pregnancy chart last August dropped somewhere in 2WW and then continued to rise again. Soft cervix is good, and I never get sore boobs, except when I'm breastfeeding (!!!) so don't count yourself out on that basis alone.

I loved your newspaper story, gives us old ladies hope! Reminded me of one of the reasons I like going to see my herbalist, her youngest child was born at the age of 47. Clearly we COULD take a TTC holiday if we wanted to, that's how much time we have left......we just don't want to......:winkwink: xxx

EDIT : In fact my chart dropped twice, quite significantly at 8dpo, and you are??? 8dpo!.........xxx

So did mine...dropped at 8dpo!!! then rose @ 9dpo and highest level yet @ 10dpo...so still holding out hope and keeping everything crossed :kiss:

oh ffs!!! No wonder us 40+ ers sometimes feel like giving up. Just got an e mail from my mum after opening up and telling her how I feel. No family support for me then!!!!!!!!!

i know how much you want another baby, but perhaps its not meant to be, you are blessed with jake, who has lots of friends and may make an everlasting friendship as he gets older with someone who will become as a brother or sister so will not miss out too much, and you and dion and jake can make a very happy family life together doing all the things that you will can do with three of you as jake gets older without waitng for brother or sister catch up, plus you seem to need a lot time healthwise to yourself, (don't take this the wrong way but age is not on your side and you need to think three or four years ahead of where you are with your lifestyle and freedom you are with two children three or four years apart and how it will affect your life st yle as it is now and what then) any how what ever happens i only want the best for you all,

oh ffs!!! No wonder us 40+ ers sometimes feel like giving up. Just got an e mail from my mum after opening up and telling her how I feel. No family support for me then!!!!!!!!!

i know how much you want another baby, but perhaps its not meant to be, you are blessed with jake, who has lots of friends and may make an everlasting friendship as he gets older with someone who will become as a brother or sister so will not miss out too much, and you and dion and jake can make a very happy family life together doing all the things that you will can do with three of you as jake gets older without waitng for brother or sister catch up, plus you seem to need a lot time healthwise to yourself, (don't take this the wrong way but age is not on your side and you need to think three or four years ahead of where you are with your lifestyle and freedom you are with two children three or four years apart and how it will affect your life st yle as it is now and what then) any how what ever happens i only want the best for you all,

Poor Twinny, that is harsh, don't really know what else to say. :hugs::hugs: I saw a great thread on here shortly after I had joined entitled 'A letter to my family and friends', I'll try and find it for you. You may want to send it as a reply, you may want to select sections or it may just help you to read it an dknow that you are not crazy or unrealistic in your dreams xxx

Twinny

https://citril.rsg-blogs.co.uk/2011/02/07/letter-women-friends-family/

I see from the original post that Pip actually posted it and I think it is beautiful x

Wow Miss C...yeah that is why I would not tell my family either...never supportive.

We believe in you and you should always follow your dreams

Mmmm that is a bit harsh :nope: maybe...just maybe she is trying to protect you :shrug: Mine will be the same when they find out but it's my life not theirs :winkwink::hugs:

Thanks for everyones kind words. I have to admit that whilst I am grieving I am desperately looking to when we can try again too. I'm scared of not getting pregnant again and thinking that I should be grateful for what I have and not greedy. I guess that's just me being negative and hard on myself. I'm planning to start trying again as soon as my next AF arrives. I've been told that you're very fertile after a mc. Does anyone know if that's true? I'm also going to get a hormone level test as I was scheduled for one before I was pg and I'm wondering whether wacky hormones could have been the cause. Thanks for your support everyone. Good luck to all x

Hi Missy,
I also read that 3 months after mc you are more fertile. I think it's quite possible to do all these things at once - grieve, TTC and also be very happy for your beautiful Sapphire. Being grateful for what you have doesn't preclude your wanting something more, but don't pile on the pressure - keep rejoicing in your gorgeous little one x
Miss C - I think what Missy said is what your Mum rather clumsily meant - I don't think she meant to be harsh, just that she loves you and wants you to be happy. x
AFM, my temps are being very boring and my pizza face is just pizza face, methinks! Too much cake.

Hi

Citril is a friend of mine. She's had four pregnancies - the first ended in miscarriage, the second and third healthy daughters and the fourth a stillborn daughter last year. She and her husband are both in their 40s. She does quite a lot of work to promote miscarriage and stillbirth awareness.

:hugs: to you all.

Pip x

Spoomie where is your herbalist? I'm very keen to go a natural route for any ttc assistance I might need and acupuncture and/or herbalism appeals to me. If yours is good and not to far I'd be interested in seeing her. Thanks x

Hi ladies,

I'm back. I spent a lovely weekend traveling and sleeping and not really temping or anything ttc related. Now I'm back in AZ and trying to get back into my daily routine. Hope you all had a lovely week.

Spoomie: Your ceremony sounds lovely. I'm so glad you felt good about releasing that silver balloon. I love the image of it floating up there so freely. :hugs:

Miss C: Yep. My family will freak, so they won't be told until quite late. But the tone in your mom's letter sounds caring, so maybe she was just trying to tell you to guard your heart. :hugs:

Thanks for everyones kind words. I have to admit that whilst I am grieving I am desperately looking to when we can try again too. I'm scared of not getting pregnant again and thinking that I should be grateful for what I have and not greedy. I guess that's just me being negative and hard on myself. I'm planning to start trying again as soon as my next AF arrives. I've been told that you're very fertile after a mc. Does anyone know if that's true? I'm also going to get a hormone level test as I was scheduled for one before I was pg and I'm wondering whether wacky hormones could have been the cause. Thanks for your support everyone. Good luck to all x

Hi Missy

You are NOT being greedy, you are entitled to grieve and to focus on getting pregnant again, we don't have the luxury of being able to say we'll put TTC on hold for 6 months and then start again, so you are doing the right thing. I can totally relate to your fears about not getting pregnant again, I spend every day virtually paralysed with fear that my lost baby was my last shot at this. I too have heard that you are more fertile after a mc; my own story both confirms and contradicts this! In October 2007 I mc at 6 weeks and was pregnant again just one cycle later before Christmas, and my son was born in August 2008. However, last November I had a mc and have since failed to get pregnant again yet. We must just try to hold fast to the belief that it is more likely than not to happen again, though that can be very difficult some days.

Thinking of you at this sad and difficult time xxx

AFM, my temps are being very boring and my pizza face is just pizza face, methinks! Too much cake.

Hey Reb

We are willing your temp to shoot back up tomorrow to indicate a beautifully timed implantation dip today xxx

Spoomie where is your herbalist? I'm very keen to go a natural route for any ttc assistance I might need and acupuncture and/or herbalism appeals to me. If yours is good and not to far I'd be interested in seeing her. Thanks x

Hey Missy, only me again. Apologies, I'm just working my way through today's messages and didn't see this one before I replied to your other post.

My herbalist is in Hampton, very close to junction 2 of the M3. I'm imagining this would be quite a trek from Essex but kind of depends how close to the M25 you are, I suppose. She is great, although my inability to be pregnant yet may not support that statement! However, she has a particular interest in herbs for fertility, understands mc having suffered herself, and has also run a Lost Baby group in the area so I feel that I get TLC too when I go to see her. In truth, I started seeing her on the recommendation of a friend more to give me a focus and to feel as though I was doing something positive when I felt so lost following my mc. Each time I have had a failed cycle she endeavours to change my combination of herbs to facilitate success. If you are interested let me know and I'll PM her details to you.

Re: acupuncture I haven't tried this yet though may give it a go in a couple of months. I think Samaim has it and, although hers will be in the States so definitely too far to travel (!), she can probably offer some pointers xxx

Hey Reb

We are willing your temp to shoot back up tomorrow to indicate a beautifully timed implantation dip today xxx

I was going to say exactly the same myself :winkwink:

Welcome back Sam!!! hope you feel refreshed and that you enjoyed your break :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->