TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Glowie

My Instead cups arrived today and gosh, they look and sound formidable! I have got to grips with the Mooncup for af, but this sounds even more complicated?! I'm interested to know how you manage to insert given that we try to stay horizontal for the golden half hour after dtd (or all night if I manage it!) when the instructions say you should be sitting on the loo and I'm picturing all the little men falling out before I get the dam thing in if I do that!!! Please tell me I don't recall you saying that OH does it for you.......DH and I are on very intimate terms but I can't bear the thought!!! :blush::haha::haha:

Sam :hugs::hugs: your chart is going to go triphasic.....bugger the other test :winkwink::happydance::happydance:

Ok so ladies clearly the winning combo is INSTEAD CUPS, MACA AND PRE-SEED/CONCEIVE PLUS :thumbup:

Spoomie - re the instead cups. (TMI alert!) as soon as OH 'withdraws' get him to rock you back to keep the spermies in....so it's easier missionary because you don't have to worry about losing any while flipping over. Get him to hold you pushed back and squeeze the Instead Cup in the middle to make it elongated like a tampon. Slide it in gently and you will feel it expand....put your finger in and push it up as far as you can...you will feel it over your cervix and behind the pubic bone...I only lay for about 5 minutes and kept each one in 10-12 hrs :thumbup:

SAM - I have everything crossed for you!! Can't wait to hear the results!

AFM: I have thought about acupuncture, but I'm just not sure if I should jump to that. Here's my dilema: We have been "trying" since late January, but I really only tracked things for a month and half because my cycles were so far apart. One the half cycle, FF gave me an O on CD18, then the next time when I was armed full of information and ready to go - I got a big fat NOTHING on O. That's when things fell apart around here and I just quit everything and ended up with a 60 day cycle.

So, I'm afraid that I haven't actually tried tracking and everything else on my own as much as I should. Then again, I'm tempted to try anything. I think I've decided to try on my own this cycle. I'll do temps and the CBFM and I'll buy some digi OPKs too. If I don't get an O this month, then I'm calling my OB again.

I am happy to report, however, that AF is showing! I know, weird hearing that around here. It's been a weird, bright red, light flow all day, but I think tomorrow is going to be when I get the heavy, heavy (and I mean HEAVY) flow. I counted today as CD1 and light on FF, but I may change it to spotting even though it's heavier than spotting. I don't know.........

You ladies are so fantastic! I promise to post as soon as I wake up tomorrow! Alaska has its own time zone, so it's even more of a time difference. Four hours earlier than the east coast of the us, which makes it what, 8? 9? hours diff? One crazy thing. It is the solstice and never gets dark at ALL here now, which makes us stay up super duper late! Having loads of fun. xoxo

Hi shelley, firstly apologies for lack of smilies and spelling, I'm on my phone.
Well yippee for a 31 day cycle!!
I suppose in the big scheme of things since January isn't a long time, not with that weird 60 day cycle thrown in but as we all know here it feels like longer because we all feel that ticking time bomb of age under our backsides. A real sense of frustration and desperation comes with that. A few if us here use the CBFFFM (guess what the extra F's are for!!). I only used mine for 3 cycles and it really helped me pinpoint ov as i got frustrated with opks and having to only do it once a day with fmu was stress free and easy.
Hopefully you will temp again this cycle and I'm keeping everything crossed that your cycles are regulating.
I did quite a bit of reading on here and on the internet on Maca and couldn't really find any adverse effects, only positives. It's inexpensive and works for both of you and is a food supplement so it's not really messing with your body.
I started using conceive plus too as don't get alot of ewcm, again another thing worth trying. I agree though, see how this cycle goes and if it's a normal one these are pretty small harmless changes to think about using.
I'm hoping these things plus the instead cups will be a winning formula for me again, just praying to catch a good egg and a sticky bean because it seems to have worked for Sam too!! X x
Sam it would be handy to let us know what dose you took and for how long and how long using instead cups. X

Glowie, I had a feeling it was going to be something like that!!! I bought a box of 24 so may have a practice with one and see if there's any way I can manage myself while he's gone to the bathroom :winkwink:

Sam, so excited to hear your update asap

Shelley, thank goodness she's here, and 31 days is a very respectable length cycle. Let's hope the 60 day one was just a hiccup and that +/-30 is going to be the norm now.

Miss C/Twinny, what a hideous job for you given the present situation, you're in my thoughts :hugs: At least you sound quite upbeat otherwise

Reb, :hugs: just because I don't have anything to say for you!

AFM, CD10 for me and still on Low CBFFFM reading. My pre-O temps seem lower than normal which seems strange for Summer, but perhaps I'm imagining it if I checked back through my previous charts. I am totally herb and drug free this month (aside from a morning coffee and an evening glass of wine most days in an attempt to be less obsessed about the whole thing!) and it would be ironic if I ended up with a perfect 14v14 split on the cycle I'm doing less to influence. That would make me cross that I'd wasted 6 months investing in herbal medicine and getting nowhere but backwards, ie, I used to have pretty much textbook 28 day cycles before mc. Having said that, I am still on a grapefruit a day and robitussin as of yesterday because that combination seemed to give me far more ewcm last month than I've had since last December. Running far more consistently this month and hope I have the courage to continue with it after ovulation, I know it would help me obsess less. Last month's help from DH with post-O temps went a long way to breaking my obsession with FFF so hopefully I will be less concerned about my temps in the next 2WW - whatever............

Have a lovely weekend ladies xxx

Spoomie, I actually reused my cups, I know your not supposed to but I think that's more for af reasons, I made sure it was properly sanitized and clean every time.
My OH didn't mind at all, I think he felt that he was helping the cause by holding me in position while I inserted it. On a weird note, it was also the first month we 'finished' using missionary as I'd read that doggy style was better for getting the sperm closer to the cervix, clearly that's a bit of a myth!!
Your chart looks very steady, sure you will get your highs next day or two, it's on a downward trend x

Glowie: Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into Maca, if I need to. I am for sure going to temp as soon as AF is over, and I'm going to set my CBFFFM (love it!) tomorrow morning. Once I start to get high readings on it, I'm also going to buy some CB digi OPKs.

Spoomie: I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for a 31 day cycle!! It's the third shortest cycle since coming off BC last October. I had one 19 day cycle, followed by a clockwork 28 day, and then that stupid 60 day cycle and now 31. I really hope that the 60 day was a fluke because of my surgery coupled with our upsetting discussion about not seeing a FS.

OMG, I reallllllly would love to get pregnant this cycle. I'm a teacher and it is the perfect month for me to get PG. I would deliver in April, I have 34 days of sick leave built up and I'd have all that time PLUS summer vacay next year to stay at home with a baby. I'm going to change my attitude about all of this and try not to worry about O, until I know for sure there is something TO worry about. Maybe a PMA will help!

Sam is Alive, she is having a very romantic trip and is barely checking in...so far all looks good, lets see what she reports!

Shelley71...I'm right there with you!!!

Kind of hoping the psychics were right!!!!!

FXd!

Okay girls! It's another BFP on the cheapie test (20miu)! :happydance: I am in the middle of nowhere and cannot get another test until we head into town this afternoon. We spent all night talking and laughing and didn't go to sleep until 3 am, so it was a late start. We're now getting ready to head in, but I'm calling it
:bfp:!!
So shocked and happy that I don't know what to say. :happydance: OH is smiling even more than he was at the start of the weekend and we just are having such a fantastic time.

Secret ingredient is definitely laughter. But I will post my info about maca and preseed and instead cups once I'm back in AZ on Monday.

Sam - OMG!!!!!!! SO EXCITED! Please, please get up bloody early.
Glowie - you sound really good and positive xxx
Shelley - glad she showed up, although it's weird saying that.
Evening all, from Provence! It's lovely and hot here and we're staying in a really nice house, with a pool and a fabulous view but I miss my OH and Jasper-dog already and although I've kind of given up at the moment, I'm very aware that I'm about to O and won't be HOME. No spermies for me this month. Oh well, helps relieve the obsession!
Anyway, waiting with baited breath for Sam, but it's looking pretty damn good x

LL - Here's to a GREAT cycle for both of us! We're only 3 days apart!

Reb - It is SO weird to beg for AF, but I really needed it to happen now if, in fact, I wasn't PG. I don't think I could have mentally handled another 60 day cycle.

SAM SAM SAM!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

AAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So so happy Sam. Laughter, that's what I've been missing the last 6 months, but doing much more this month, appreciating what I have as opposed to feeling sorry for myself about what I don't have. You, on the other hand, are always positive and I'm so pleased for you. Keep laughing xxxxx

Sam, so pleased for you.....we needed some good news around here.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so after today I'm hoping to come back to some more bfp's!! Still got to tell my mother in law what's happened later on tonight as she's been in holiday for two weeks and didn't want to ruin her holiday.

Hi ladies. It's great to read some positive news again. Im a bit concerned about Cbfm. Day 6 yesterday. Was up really early as I was away for day so I switched on Cbfm within time range, flashed day 6 and asked me for a stick. I didnt have any old ones so just put monitor away again. This morning day 7 switched it on, it's not asking for a stick. Have I buggered it up now :-(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->