TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Morgans: I don't have an answer for you, but I'm using my CBFM for the second time this cycle. Maybe try their website for answers.

Glowie: Good luck tonight:hugs:

Well, I forgot to use my stupid FR FSH test on CD3 today!! Ugh. But, I'm considering using it tomorrow since the general consensus is that my "first" day of light flow (only required a few panty liners) really was spotting even though it was red.

What say you? Does anyone have experience with these tests?

Hi Shelley,
I was told it's the first day of real flow that counts and that's what I did. Maybe ask on a TTC thread, but I think there's a bit of a window anyway and that as long as they know which day it was between 2 and 5 it's okay.
Morgans - sorry, can't help.
Glowie - have a GREAT holiday you really deserve it and I hope it's okay telling your mother-in-law. Lots of hugs x

I was told by my Doctor that CD 1 is the day when you have to wear a pad ...so not spotting...red or not, so when you can not get away when a panty liner even, only a pad...FULL FLOW

Ok, well then that would make today CD2! I will use the test tomorrow. I don't have much faith in it, really - but it will be interesting to see what it says. In other words, I'm not going to get upset about the results because I'm fully aware that it is NOT the same as a doctor's test.

I'm still on track to do the CBFM, temping and digi OPKs. I am determined to have a GOOD month until I see a for sure result that I am not Oing. I intend to believe that I will O, and that the one month was a fluke. So, take THAT ovaries!!

Sam, good good news, keeping my fingers crossed this is the one!!

Glowie, sorry you have to go through it all with the mil, :hugs:

Keep up the positive attitudes, ladies! There will be more bfps soon, I know it.

Got a BFP on the FRER this morning, so I guess it's really true!! :thumbup:

Now, how to remain calm. I am sort of feeling a bit panicky already about the possibility of another loss. Going to go to the doc either tomorrow or Monday to get levels of hCG and progesterone (just in case the progesterone caused the last loss). And then I guess all I can do is try to laugh as much as I can with OH and breathe and relax, right? I'm sad to be away from OH for the next few weeks. I don't know what happened, but we really fell in love with each other all over again two weeks ago and this weekend was one of the loveliest times we've ever had and then to end it with the BFP. . . well, parting was truly bittersweet.

Your words about your OH made me tear up :cry:

Congratulations on your pregnancy Sam.

Pip x

Sam I can not say enough how happy all of that makes me feel...YEY!!

Lovely news Sam it really is - so chuffed for you both.

Panic over day 8 and CBFM asked me for a stick this morning - got a high - OPK is negative, only day 8 I know but I am fretting this month for some reason! Im actually starting to wonder if I can keep going on month after month, getting really very despondent :-(

I am vag temping this month to see if I get more accurate results - got to get up 15 mins earlier in the mornings to do everything!!

Hey Ladies. Well, the work load is over for a couple of weeks - I'm just chilling and trying to replenish my energy levels. Have just completed 3 6 day weeks and they are exhausting. All you get to do on your day off is the washing!

So very happy to read Sam's news. Congratulations I am over the moon for you. And what a lovely time you had with your OH, you're falling in love all over again bought a little tear to my eye too. :cloud9:

Glowie - glad to see you hanging in there, you are one amazing lady. I see you're getting ready for your holibobs. Me too, I've found myself with a couple of weeks out so I'm off to Portugal on Thursday evening with OH - we're only going for 5 days but that's better than a poke in the eye with a short sharp stick! I can't wait.

Inkdchick - I'm coming to the end of the 2ww so am also able to cross everything for you. :hugs:

Glowie, I know you've gone off on hols but my chart got all confusing today and I was relying on you to be the voice of reason! Ok, still getting Low CBFFFFM readings which is not like previous months, still getting low temps so I know I haven't ovulated (but a huge uncharacteristic dip this am?), totally snowy white OPK this eve and CP possibly moved from low to medium (but I'm really rubbish at reading CP, so not sure about that one), starting to wonder if this is going to be an annovulatory month for me.....? I've abandoned all my herbal medicine and vitamins this month and had dreams of getting the perfect 14v14 day cycle now I'm au naturelle, whatever!!! Any thoughts ladies?

Glowie, I know you've gone off on hols but my chart got all confusing today and I was relying on you to be the voice of reason! Ok, still getting Low CBFFFFM readings which is not like previous months, still getting low temps so I know I haven't ovulated (but a huge uncharacteristic dip this am?), totally snowy white OPK this eve and CP possibly moved from low to medium (but I'm really rubbish at reading CP, so not sure about that one), starting to wonder if this is going to be an annovulatory month for me.....? I've abandoned all my herbal medicine and vitamins this month and had dreams of getting the perfect 14v14 day cycle now I'm au naturelle, whatever!!! Any thoughts ladies?

Spoomie: I'm no expert, but I would say that you're going to O later this month because your temps didn't drop off that much when you got the hag and so your body is just now dropping down to below coverline temps. I'd say look back at last month's low readings and pretend you are on day 10 or whatever that temp dip day was then (at work and trying to type this fast before leaving, or else I would look back and be more specific). Does this make sense?

Hello all, from Provence.
Morgans - I'm sorry you're struggling with it all. So am I. I've practically given up at the moment, but then you read about a BFP like Sam's and you think, maybe there's still hope. There IS still hope! Don't panic about the CBFFFFFFM or temping - just keep BDing!!! x
Nise - lovely to hear from you! Sorry you've been so busy and enjoy your much needed break. Fingers crossed for the end of your 2 WW. Another BFP would suit us all.
Spoomster - if you look through the charts for pregnancies, you'll see that loads and loads of people get pregnant on a long cycle. I'm sure your body is just getting ready to drop that eggy x
Missing my OH and doggy. Huh. I love Provence, but I want to go home! x

Ladies--There IS still hope!! Don't give up! I had months where I wanted to just hide in bed and cry and give up. But you cannot give in to the bad thoughts in your head. Just know in your heart that it will happen in the right time and it WILL happen! :dust:

Oh and keep this in mind. I NEVER EVER got a peak on the CBFM or a + on an OPK. So those things are not the be-all end-all that they claim to be. Temping and CM were much more reliable signs for me.

Awwww Sam, what an awesome thing for you! I'm sooooo happy for you!

AFM: I went ahead and did the FR FSH test today and it came back as normal range. I'm not too excited though, as I've heard from others that they got a normal on those and abnormal from the Doc. I just wanted to use it, I think. LOL

Still waiting to AF to check out. I'm starting to think she's already on her way out. I can't believe it, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Before BC, 6 years ago....my cycles were 28 day clockwork and no more than 5 days start to finish. Mostly 4 days. So, OMG, I am hoping beyond all hopes that MAYBE I'm getting back to normal.

Quiet on here tonight, I miss you all, this thread is a staple of my evening! Anyhow, thought I'd share a couple of little anecdotes for you to ponder on this long and winding road and think about whether you rreeeaallllly WANT to be an older Mummy.......quotations from my beautiful boy, 2 years and 10 months:

Mummy, I love you the best.
My response: Oh, really, but Daddy loves you very much too and that might make him sad to hear you say that.
Yes but Daddy's face is veeeery spiky (unshaven Daddy this morning) and you're only a little bit spiky..........The joys of being an older Mummy, I was reminded of my Nan at this point!!!

Also:

Mummy, how do you do that?
What?
Make your forehead go all stripy.
That's just because I'm old sweetie............

:haha::haha::haha:

Wouldn't change a thing, I'd have enjoyed it all far less 20 years ago :winkwink:

Spoomie: I'm no expert, but I would say that you're going to O later this month because your temps didn't drop off that much when you got the hag and so your body is just now dropping down to below coverline temps. I'd say look back at last month's low readings and pretend you are on day 10 or whatever that temp dip day was then (at work and trying to type this fast before leaving, or else I would look back and be more specific). Does this make sense?

Thanks Sam. You are spot on; if I pin last month and this month a day apart on FFF chart overlay, the trajectory is almost identical. Will just see what the next couple of days brings, but I am trying to chill about it, and partially succeeding!

And Reb, thanks for your vote of confidence - ovulating on cd14 is sooooo last season :haha: And please don't give up......x

Glowie and Reb, hope you're having a fab holiday but more than that, I hope you're not reading this!!! :haha:

Hi all,
It is quiet on here at the moment! Where's Miss C gone?!
Shelley - great news re your day 3 tests, are you going to have them confirmed by Dr or just relax and go with your own results?
Spoomie, hoping your O turns up soonish. I'm not on holiday! I'm working in France for a month, but when I say working, I'm living in a villa in a village in the foothills, driving into Aix every night to play a 3 hours opera and that's it...not a bad gig! Except I miss OH and Jasper-dog :(
Hope everyone else is well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->