TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Sam

We miss you. Praying you are managing to keep your head above water :hugs::hugs:

Spoomie - I completely agree with your comments about due date - Miss C, don't panic, but keep quietly hoping x

Spoomie - I completely agree with your comments about due date - Miss C, don't panic, but keep quietly hoping x

Thanks Reb

I didn't want it to sound negative but wanted Miss C to know that life can and will go on. Hope you're chilling in Provence. Opera and a month in Provence, sounds close to heaven x

Hmm, would be heaven if I wasn't sharing a house with 2 people I don't like very much! Oh well, OH is here and I've just done something very naughty to him...:blush:
:haha: Sorry for that - just thought we could do with a giggle as there's lots of sadness around xx

Hmm, would be heaven if I wasn't sharing a house with 2 people I don't like very much! Oh well, OH is here and I've just done something very naughty to him...:blush:
:haha: Sorry for that - just thought we could do with a giggle as there's lots of sadness around xx

Dread to think.....:winkwink::winkwink:

Yes, lot of sadness and it feels as though we are all retreating a bit, this task is just too dam big sometimes. Glowie and Sam were our beacons of hope latterly and their losses remind us of the enormity of what we're trying to achieve :hugs:

I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind me updating you guys. It's not all over yet she is still a bit hopeful, the bleeding had stopped yesterday and she has a docs appointment on Thursday. It has only been blood with no tissue matter so little Sametta may still be clinging on in there.

AFM I'm getting that low down stingy ache now think witchy may be making an appearance on schedule, scant cm but cp is still quite soft and high but ever so slightly open fully expecting temps to drop again tomorrow and cervix to firm up and drop down. Ah well FS appointment Tuesday for next planning steps.

Miss C - great news about Sam, I'm keeping my fingers so crossed it's getting tricky to play the operas!
Hoping that you're wrong about AF - your temps are still high; but glad you have the appointment to look forwrd to on Tuesday.
Spoomie - it does feel as though we are all retreating a little. I guess we've been on this thread for many months - with, as it says, up and downs. My downer is that OH and I had a chat about whether or not to do IVF today - he says he's 70% against, not because we might fail, but because he thinks he's too old now. Hmmm. He doesn't say that when we're trying naturally, maybe he's actually afraid we'll succeed. Anyway, the chat isn't over yet and I'm still a bit ambivalent myself. What do you guys think? x

That's positive news for Sam. Fingers crossed she and Sametta can get through this and an uneventful healthy 8 months is ahead for them both.

Reb, how old is your OH? Mine will be 46 by the time this baby arrives and he doesn't see himself as too old. Age is just a number after all....!

:dust: for you all ladies.

Pip x

Keeping positive thoughts for Sam.

Reb, don't know how old the OH is but I will be 43 just days after this one gets here. Maybe he is just feeling more uncertain about assisted as it is something different? I am sure the two of you will decide what is best for you. :hugs:

Miss C, I am sure that little Ziggy will be back just as soon as possible. I hope it is very soon.

Spoomie, you are there with a bit of good advice when needed. I know experience gave it to you but then, all good advice comes that way doesn't it? :hugs: Try not to let the sadness take you over again and glad you are getting some peace.

Pip, keep up the cheering section. You always seem to know what to say as well.

Hi All,
I haven't been here for a while. Sam I do hope everything turns out to be OK for you x.
It's exactly a month today since my MMC and and I haven't had AF yet but we've started bd'ing again today. I've just taken voluntary redundancy from work which I'm very happy about and I've decided that I'm just going to NTNP now. I might taking a sneaky check of my CM and position but that'll be it. I'm going to try to chill and enjoy my time at home with DD and see what happens. That's what I'm saying this week anyway :)

Hi All,
I haven't been here for a while. Sam I do hope everything turns out to be OK for you x.
It's exactly a month today since my MMC and and I haven't had AF yet but we've started bd'ing again today. I've just taken voluntary redundancy from work which I'm very happy about and I've decided that I'm just going to NTNP now. I might taking a sneaky check of my CM and position but that'll be it. I'm going to try to chill and enjoy my time at home with DD and see what happens. That's what I'm saying this week anyway :)

Ha ha :haha: I like it Missy. Good attitude, but I love the way you qualify it with that's what you're saying this week!!! I can totally relate to that.

Haha!! Yeah, I should add that I'm saying some prayers too so not totally leaving it to 'chance' :)

Twinny, that is great news that Sam may still be in the running, thanks for sharing that with us.

Reb, sorry he's not 100% in favour. I wonder if he feels too old because he feels jaded by the whole experience? (we all know that feeling!) I believe that if you were successful then parenthood would leave him (and you) physically tired, like any new parents, but emotionally rejuvenated and recharged. When I was pregnant with my DS a colleague told me about a friend of hers who had had 3 children in her twenties and then a further child at 40. She told me that her friend found it sooo much more tiring at 40, to which I replied with a smile that luckily I didn't have her experience of having a child in my twenties so therefore would find it much easier to deal with because I had nothing to compare it to! Also, my IVF friend I told you about a couple of weeks back was 44 (and OH too) when her son was born and she has more energy and joie de vivre than ever before. I think he's just afraid. If you decide you're in favour of it then try to share something of this perspective with him and see what he says?

Ciarhwyfar (I really wish your name was Sue or Jo! :haha:) thanks for the vote of confidence. I really want to try to keep this good feeling going instead of sinking into the sadness if/as and when AF next arrives. Not sure I'll make it but I know I'm getting better in between so I believe it's somewhere around the corner.

AFM....following on from above, I am trying to live in the moment a lot more, when I remember! Both my counsellor and reflexologist are helping me. Speaking of reflexology - AMAZING! I fell asleep tonight while she was working on me. Obviously I'd love it to have ttc implications but the general sense of calm and wellbeing helps me to glimpse something of my former self, and I miss my happy self soo much. I decided that having quit the herbal preparations and vitamins this month has been very beneficial. It has helped me to obsess less as I don't have the reminder of my predicament 3 x a day when I take my tincture and vitamins. I was just loading on more and more stuff as I read about it and now feel able to start a new regime next month. I definitely need EPO as my ewcm was scant in the run up to ovulation and I now have a cold so maybe the vitamin C and zinc would be good to put back, along with a prenatal vitamin. Will see how long my natural luteal phase is and decide whether to put the B Complex back in too. I'm hoping to make ttc an aspect of my life as opposed to the sole purpose of it because I've established now that my state of mind since the mc has never been conducive to conception anyway so I need a new approach that will increase my chances and make my life happier too. Sorry to go on.....

Haha!! Yeah, I should add that I'm saying some prayers too so not totally leaving it to 'chance' :)

Amen! Throw one in for me too! I am somewhat backslidden these days but I am from a strong Christian family and know I have other family and friends who are praying for me too x

Also, forgot to ask.....I know that Glowie and Sam are the resident experts but I would value some thoughts on my chart. FFF has my O day as cd14 because of a temp spike to 36.65 which fell back the following day. I am convinced I O'd on cd15 because of CM, CP, ovulation pain, + OPK and Peak CBFFFM!!! I think my high temp on cd14 was a fluke because we slept with a duvet after previously sleeping with only a sheet, and if I fake it to a lower temp then FFF puts my O at cd15. Confused! Not that it really matters, I know but I'd like to hear some opinions x

Also, forgot to ask.....I know that Glowie and Sam are the resident experts but I would value some thoughts on my chart. FFF has my O day as cd14 because of a temp spike to 36.65 which fell back the following day. I am convinced I O'd on cd15 because of CM, CP, ovulation pain, + OPK and Peak CBFFFM!!! I think my high temp on cd14 was a fluke because we slept with a duvet after previously sleeping with only a sheet, and if I fake it to a lower temp then FFF puts my O at cd15. Confused! Not that it really matters, I know but I'd like to hear some opinions x

I was JUST looking at your chart and thought the same thing, but because of the temp spike, I didn't know what to think. I think I might have the same problem today with my temp for exactly the same reason - WAY too hot when I woke up because of the comforter.

I like that you have a cold Spoomie. Less resistance to any fertilised egg trying to find a new home!

Got my fingers crossed.

Pip x

I like that you have a cold Spoomie. Less resistance to any fertilised egg trying to find a new home!

Got my fingers crossed.

Pip x

Thanks Pip, the thought had crossed my warped little mind. I am a huge advocate of that school of thought, I mentioned on here to Glowie a few weeks back :)cry:) that I was on 16 antibiotics a day attempting to recover from pneumonia when I got a + for my DS in December 2007. I truly believe that the body can 'miss' the fertilised egg/foreign body while fighting infection, so I'll definitely be sleeping with the window open and hoping to extend my cold at the very least to a chest infection! :haha:

I was JUST looking at your chart and thought the same thing, but because of the temp spike, I didn't know what to think. I think I might have the same problem today with my temp for exactly the same reason - WAY too hot when I woke up because of the comforter.

Thanks Shelley for taking a look, there is camaraderie in confusion! I will repay the favour and stalk your chart over the next couple of days x

I'm afraid I can't offer any helP with charts. I only charted for 2 months (after my miscarriage).

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->