TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

hi ladies, would love to join you all if that is ok...I'm 42 will be 43 in dec have 4 children and have been trying to concieve since really august of 2005 and just feel alone I have taken soy, and now i'm taking false unicorn root and have had alot of psychic readings that have come and gone and just feel heartbroken...

Welcome Frogger - they are a lovely group of girls on here. :thumbup:

Hi Reb: Thanks for asking. Very depressed about it today, but I guess that's normal. Back for blood tests tomorrow and then to the doc on Th. He's going to try and figure out why this keeps happening to me.

Hi Frogger. We wish you hadn't had to find your way here, but welcome aboard our geriatric ship!

Reb, sorry to hear your OH's lost his way a bit. It sounds as though he's going through a midlife crisis - don't wish to sound flippant. Seriously, he sounds jaded and a bit beaten down by life, and that can do strange things to men I think. They won't cry and rant like a (typical) woman would, just simmer away and retreat (more Mars and Venus for you!!!) I know it's hard because it feels like all this stuff is happening predominantly to you, but try to give him some tlc and affirm him as the man in your life - would you believe me if I told you I'm actually a feminist (not exactly Germaine Greer, but a woman who knows her mind at least)?! Hopefully then, he'll rise to the challenge of supporting you and your wishes, instead of feeling threatened xxx

Twinny, you are so so in my heart. A temp rise today, but a negative test :cry: I can 'hear' your words, they sound exactly like my feelings before the due date. I'm sure you're sick of hearing me draw that comparison, but I can sense your panic and desperation. I know that, for us, the desire for a baby is tied up with the desire for a sibling, adding different emotions to the pot. I had an FSH test done after the appointment with the GP where I felt my DH sold me down the river a couple of weeks ago. It came back as 13, I know that's not good news. I haven't bothered to go back to the GP for her to reiterate her previous pessimistic summary of our situation, it doesn't matter to me what she thinks, I will carry on trying. However, if I had discovered that a couple of months ago, I would have completely fallen apart. Now, I am more philosophical and think, ok, it's not impossible, I can only do what I can do, and I can only keep doing it until I grow tired of doing it. I try to tell myself that surely sometime in the next year (or so!) I can muster one decent egg that can remember to do what it is programmed to do? For now, there is still a slight chance because I am ovulating and capitalising on that - less than a year ago I had almost given up after 6 months of trying and the next month was pregnant. So who knows? I had considered paying for an AMH test too but decided against it; it won't change how I go forward so I feel it's a waste of my time, money and too emotional distressing. I really don't mean this to sound as though it's all about me, I just hope that as our situations are so similar by sharing my feelings I can help, you know as well as anyone on here just how low I have been since my mc. Had it not been for my beautiful boy, I dread to think where I might have gone with all my sadness. BUT, I soldiered on because there was no alternative, and the sadness is slowly, slowly reducing. It still gets me, but I am far better able to see the glass half full scenario of my life, as opposed to the glass half empty. Hold on to the fact that you have been pregnant twice since 2008 and there is no reason why it won't happen again. Who knows what your levels were then? You didn't know and you weren't stressed about it! I often wonder whether I would have approached ttc at the age of 39 for my DS differently had I known just how slim the medical profession thought my chances were!!! Hope this helps and that you're not swearing into cyberspace at me. Lots of love and peace to you sweetie xxx

Samiam, great to see a post from you, sorry life is so hard at the mo. You will get through and you will find a way to pick up the mantle again, because the prize is so great. Sending you lots of uplifting vibes xxx

:hugs: to everyone else xxx

Sam: Good to hear from you - I have my fingers crossed that you'll get good news. I refuse to count you out yet!

Frogger: Welcome to the board - it's an awesome group here.

Miss C: So sorry about the news. :hugs: I don't know anything about levels yet, I'm still resistant to getting tests done. I agree with the others though, you have a young son, and you had Ziggy - surely that's a sign that it IS possible.

AFM: Nothing major to report. I got my 4th day of high readings on the CBFM today. Temps seem to be steady, but I had to discard one from the other day because I woke to a super hot room and it really skewed my chart. Used a CB digi OPK yesterday and got a negative, so I'm not going to use them again until I get a peak on the monitor. I have 6 more, but don't want to waste them.

I would say 15 too Spoomie looking at OPK results, youve well covered it this month - I am same, a little confused until crosshairs appear - I think I OV day 13 yesterday. Monitor back to just high today and negative opk. OPK was light positive Friday night, strong pos yesterday and was certainly getting some OV pains. I need my pal Glowie back to give me her words of wisdom :) She is home tomorrow :) :)

Looks like FFF agrees with you on cd13 Morgans. Glowie will be proud of your analysis :haha:

Okay enough. I've had it with feeling like shit. I've made a decision today to stop feeling bad about this and to embrace the knowledge that OH and I are clearly fertile because we have fallen pregnant now twice in a fairly short time. In fact, since my cycles have gone back to normal (May), we had one cycle where the timing was off, and one cycle where it wasn't (June) and we got pregnant in the June cycle. So I AM going to do this. The doctor is going to figure out what the hell is wrong with me and we're going to have a fricking baby. So there. And sitting around feeling sorry for myself and sad (although understandable) is not going to help us get there, so I am strapping on my best (fake at the moment) positive attitude and going to try to get through this that way.

(I feel a bit better having said all of that. I did read somewhere that deciding to be happy can actually make you happy. So now I am going to watch a few funny shows with OH and try to actually feel happy instead of just saying it.)

Oh. And I almost forgot. Thank you ALL for being so kind and so caring. It's largely because of you that I am able to be so brave and so optimistic about this very confusing and often painful journey. I cannot thank you enough. :hugs:

Okay enough. I've had it with feeling like shit. I've made a decision today to stop feeling bad about this and to embrace the knowledge that OH and I are clearly fertile because we have fallen pregnant now twice in a fairly short time. In fact, since my cycles have gone back to normal (May), we had one cycle where the timing was off, and one cycle where it wasn't (June) and we got pregnant in the June cycle. So I AM going to do this. The doctor is going to figure out what the hell is wrong with me and we're going to have a fricking baby. So there. And sitting around feeling sorry for myself and sad (although understandable) is not going to help us get there, so I am strapping on my best (fake at the moment) positive attitude and going to try to get through this that way.

(I feel a bit better having said all of that. I did read somewhere that deciding to be happy can actually make you happy. So now I am going to watch a few funny shows with OH and try to actually feel happy instead of just saying it.)

Go Sam!!!!!

I love this fighting talk, it is what we know and love you for. Keep focusing on the fact that you have been pregnant twice in a short space of time and WILL do it again, AND go all the way. Reminding yourself that you are fertile is true; I keep hanging on to the fact that one of our GPs told me I must be pretty fertile to have fallen pregnant four times in my life (just clumsy that I have lost three of those babies :nope:) and believing that helps me to keep the faith! I was also thinking about your cycles a few days ago but didn't want to post on it and appear insensitive: your cycles were all over the place a few months back but last couple have been much more stable and as this was an earlier loss (would still be amazing if you discovered baby is still hanging on) it will have caused far less disruption to your cycle than your 12 week loss. I believe you'll be back where you want to be very soon. I was pregnant with DS only 7 weeks after a 6 week loss. And I totally get your point about deciding to be happy - I've very nearly convinced myself of it a number of times now! I know it will follow and become a reality if we live as though we are happy. You are amazing and you can do it sweetie xxx :thumbup: :hugs:

Oh. And I almost forgot. Thank you ALL for being so kind and so caring. It's largely because of you that I am able to be so brave and so optimistic about this very confusing and often painful journey. I cannot thank you enough. :hugs:

=D>\\:D/=D>\\:D/:yipee::yipee::yipee:\\:D/=D>\\:D/=D>

Hi everyone,
I would love to join this group if its ok. I am 43 and have been ttc for 14 months so far. I could really use some support from others going through the same thing.

Hi everyone,
I would love to join this group if its ok. I am 43 and have been ttc for 14 months so far. I could really use some support from others going through the same thing.

Hi pilotbaby. Welcome aboard. I too am 43 years old/young. As I said to Frogger earlier, sorry you find yourself here but you've come to the right place as you'll clearly see if you scroll back a few pages. The support here is phenomenal; I've never posted on a forum until I found this site, and particularly this thread, but I feel genuine support and encouragement from my 'friends' here as well as being able to pick up ttc advice of what has worked for others. I hope we can do the same for you.

HURRAH FOR SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pilotbaby, welcome x
We have two new friends today - great news.
Spoomie - thank you for your wise words re OH. I will keep loving him hugely! x

woo hoo new friends - did they pass the initiation?

thank you ladies I don't know where I would be without you. We had a great chat last night (great nookie session too!!) and we are not making any decisions now until we have to. We have managed to scrape the money together for the HSG next week, ftb advance and skipping a couple of advance payments on electricity etc. If test shows some blockages that get cleared with the test then gonna go hell for leather and bonk like rabbits this cycle, cutting out all caffeine and sugar etc and just do 100000000000% everything we can and then go from there.

YAY Sam!!!! Way to have a PMA! You will get there, and you're right - you CAN get pregnant! Of course, like I said earlier, I'm still holding out hope for you! :thumbup:

Miss C: You sound better, as well. Having a plan is great, now go get 'em!

Welcome Pilot!

Doc just called me, progesterone was at 5 which he says was very low and I said well I am spotting today so period should be here smack dab on time tomorrow and he said oh well that's good news then I am pretty certain you ovulated then!! Encouraged me about the HSG next week and said do lots of baby making after as the tubes will be nice and clear after the procedure and hopefully the clomid this time will help mature a nice healthy egg.

Doc just called me, progesterone was at 5 which he says was very low and I said well I am spotting today so period should be here smack dab on time tomorrow and he said oh well that's good news then I am pretty certain you ovulated then!! Encouraged me about the HSG next week and said do lots of baby making after as the tubes will be nice and clear after the procedure and hopefully the clomid this time will help mature a nice healthy egg.

Sorry about the low progesterone, but SUPER YAY for the doc telling you about the clear tubes and giving you good hope that BDing plus Clomid is promising!!

Miss C: Low progesterone right before your period is a good thing. And I'm so pleased that you're getting the HSG. I think you have the perfect attitude and I bet you get your BFP with this attitude!

Hi ladies

It's so good to see some fighting talk back on here. You ladies rock!

The fertility doctors just want to focus on what can't happen but if you look around there is evidence of just what can happen. Granted the odds for it happening are diminishing but there's still a chance and that one could be you!

I wish you all :dust:

:hugs:

Pip x

Hi Ladies I'm back :thumbup:

Probably going to take me a long time to catch up :coffee: so I'll probably just go with the flow and catch up as I go along.

Here's a :hugs::hugs: for you all...especially Sam :winkwink:

And :flower: to the new ladies :thumbup:

GLOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back you have been sorely missed x
Miss C - Fantastic x
I love you girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member