TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I would say 15 too Spoomie looking at OPK results, youve well covered it this month - I am same, a little confused until crosshairs appear - I think I OV day 13 yesterday. Monitor back to just high today and negative opk. OPK was light positive Friday night, strong pos yesterday and was certainly getting some OV pains. I need my pal Glowie back to give me her words of wisdom :) She is home tomorrow :) :)

Hi guys and thank you all for your wise words - OH is nearly 48...he thinks it's too old. I will show him your post, Spoomie, on another day and see what he makes of it. I love that we would be physically exhausted but emotionally rejuvenated! What a nice way to put it. I think part of it is the age, the other part is that our miscarriage chance is so high and he doesn't want to put either of us through that again. Maybe he just feels too old to start from the beginning and change everything so much. I'm not sure.
Anyway - hope all you chart-confused people are ok - I can't help at all there, I'm afraid, although it's the first month I haven't temped for about 18 months!
Can't wait for Glowie to get back, or to hear from Sam.
Missy - I hope you're recovered from your MMC xxx and lots of hugs

Thanks Pip, the thought had crossed my warped little mind. I am a huge advocate of that school of thought, I mentioned on here to Glowie a few weeks back :)cry:) that I was on 16 antibiotics a day attempting to recover from pneumonia when I got a + for my DS in December 2007. I truly believe that the body can 'miss' the fertilised egg/foreign body while fighting infection, so I'll definitely be sleeping with the window open and hoping to extend my cold at the very least to a chest infection! :haha:

Just to let you know, I had a cold in December and got my BFP in January so positive thoughts on that one. :laugh2:

Spoomie: Based on your temps and your other signs, I'd say cd 15 or even cd 16.

AFM: Well, I started bleeding again this morning. And then it stopped, again. I have no idea what to think. I won't see the doctor again until Thursday, but I honestly no longer feel pregnant and I think it's safer to assume that I'm not any more. :cry: I'm really stunned and sad and exhausted and I think I may take a week or so to gather myself and then we're going to try to move forward as best as we can. Thank you so soo soo much for all of your lovely thoughts and prayers. You ladies are the best support a girl could ever have. I'll be stalking your charts silently and I will be back. :hugs:

Sam, I really hope that you end up with good news. I'll be thinking of you. You'll be missed, while you're regrouping, but you should definitely just take time for you whatever the outcome may be.

Please take care of yourself. :hugs:

You are all so wise and kind! FFF has moved my O day from cd14 to cd16 this morning. I still don't agree with her! Will reply in greater detail re: other posts later. Thanks for taking time to read and reply xxx

Spoomie: Based on your temps and your other signs, I'd say cd 15 or even cd 16.

AFM: Well, I started bleeding again this morning. And then it stopped, again. I have no idea what to think. I won't see the doctor again until Thursday, but I honestly no longer feel pregnant and I think it's safer to assume that I'm not any more. :cry: I'm really stunned and sad and exhausted and I think I may take a week or so to gather myself and then we're going to try to move forward as best as we can. Thank you so soo soo much for all of your lovely thoughts and prayers. You ladies are the best support a girl could ever have. I'll be stalking your charts silently and I will be back. :hugs:

Thanks, O resident expert, see my post re: FFF changing her mind! Sam, I am so so sorry that things appear to be going the wrong way. You are such a positive person and I know that you will be back to fight another day. We all miss you and look forward to your return. Be kind to yourself xxx :hugs::hugs:

Sam, I really hope, for once, that you're wrong. A friend of mine bled throughout her first tri, so it's not over until you know it's over. I understand the need to prepare for bad news, though and am thinking of you xxxx
Shelley - I love your avatar picture!
Spoomie - I woke up this morning thinking that we should do the IVF and would succeed. Odd. x

Sam, I really hope, for once, that you're wrong. A friend of mine bled throughout her first tri, so it's not over until you know it's over. I understand the need to prepare for bad news, though and am thinking of you xxxx
Shelley - I love your avatar picture!
Spoomie - I woke up this morning thinking that we should do the IVF and would succeed. Odd. x

Reb, I'm so happy. I was thinking about you all around the supermarket this am and was going to post back about your OH's concerns. It is his 'job' to try to protect you (both) from the disappointment of what happens if the IVF doesn't work. My counsellor was explaining that a man's view is that things must be fixed (very Mars and Venus if you've read it) and your OH may thing that not trying at all is protecting you. After the trauma (physical and emotional) of our mc, my DH's first response was never again, whereas I thought quick, we must get back to work asap to be pregnant again. Acknowledge his fears, even though he probably doesn't realise he has them. Hope that makes sense, sorry to dash x

Twinny....bugger, just looked at your chart. I reeeaaalllly wanted it t go the other way. Try to stay happy, focusing on what is good in your life. I do hope that doesn't sound trite, I'm just thinking back to our posts last week when we were so positive about our little ones . xxxxx

OMG I am seriously deranged, I have been trying to find a positive in my temp drop this morning, found a twin chart that is identical to mine!! just need a temp jump back up tomorrow!!! Although that one has +ive test at 10dpo and I am now 11 - aarrrggghhhh step away from the computer back away!!

Anywhoo off to bed now, FS appointment in the morning hopefully ok news on my AMH results and dp's SA and find out where we go next. 1st round of clomid didn't work so see what he says............

hi ladies, would love to join you all if that is ok...I'm 42 will be 43 in dec have 4 children and have been trying to concieve since really august of 2005 and just feel alone I have taken soy, and now i'm taking false unicorn root and have had alot of psychic readings that have come and gone and just feel heartbroken...

Hi Frogger, of course you can join and welcome! It's good to know you're not alone on the journey. I have been TTC for about 3 and 1/2 years so I know where you're at. I think there's also a really good soy thread on the board somewhere, so have a look for that too x
Miss C - good luck with FS - here's hoping your AMH results are much better than mine!
I'm having a weird crisis with OH at the moment - he's been looking for a job for about 2 years now, but never really seems to pull the stops out. I suddenly feel like I've lost patience - I think it's because of the IVF issue and not getting what I want. I want him to be galvanised about life, and passionate about jobs and children - and he's just not. I think I'm losing respect for him, help....I've never felt like this before.

ladies I am sorry this is a me post entirely.

AMH 1.1

devastated - he said it was done twice cos it was so low, but he finds that puzzling because I have a 2 1/2 year old and only just recently was pregnant despite the loss. Despite all my charts being biphasic he needs to make sure I am actually ovulating so did a progesterone test today but I am 2 days out from witch so probably not worth anything. Have to make an appointment to have an ultrasound to have my tubes checked probably late next week has to be when I stop bleeding but before cd10. Do another 50mg cd3-7 of clomid this month and back to see him on 2nd August. At which point he will plan the way forward but all he kept saying was we need to be agressive, injectable stimulation IUI and probably IVF.

Devastated devastated devastated, I reckon I could get DP to go with the IUI but I don't think the IVF. We have both always sad no to IVF if it doesn't hapen naturally then it's not supposed to happen but now I am staring down the barrel of no sibling for Jake I feel like I would sell my right arm and left tit to achieve it. The only thing I know for sure I wouldn't do is donor egg.

On the upside semen analysis all normal, 56million with 46% motility and 4% abnomal

now I have the guilt that it is all my fault and why couldn't my wonderful man have met a younger woman able to give him all the family he wants.

Yes we have Jake I would die in a heartbeat for him but he is so special he deserves to have a sibling, a playmate someone to have when D and I aren't here any more etc etc etc.

Now I feel more than ever ziggy was our last chance and maybe those wings were their way of saying goodbye.

Hi Miss C, I'm so sorry about your AMH results. The only consolation is that if you check out the Lister fertility clinic IVF results, live birth rates are no different in AMH levels until they hit at least 15...the AMH is relatively new and I've heard they're not even sure exactly what it means...
I know what you mean about IVF - I've been there, wondering whether to go again, and OH says I keep moving the goal posts. It's a very difficult decision and very good luck to you both as you think about it all. And don't forget - you've had Jake and you had Ziggy for a short time, so it's still possible. x

ladies I am sorry this is a me post entirely.

AMH 1.1

devastated - he said it was done twice cos it was so low, but he finds that puzzling because I have a 2 1/2 year old and only just recently was pregnant despite the loss. Despite all my charts being biphasic he needs to make sure I am actually ovulating so did a progesterone test today but I am 2 days out from witch so probably not worth anything. Have to make an appointment to have an ultrasound to have my tubes checked probably late next week has to be when I stop bleeding but before cd10. Do another 50mg cd3-7 of clomid this month and back to see him on 2nd August. At which point he will plan the way forward but all he kept saying was we need to be agressive, injectable stimulation IUI and probably IVF.

Devastated devastated devastated, I reckon I could get DP to go with the IUI but I don't think the IVF. We have both always sad no to IVF if it doesn't hapen naturally then it's not supposed to happen but now I am staring down the barrel of no sibling for Jake I feel like I would sell my right arm and left tit to achieve it. The only thing I know for sure I wouldn't do is donor egg.

On the upside semen analysis all normal, 56million with 46% motility and 4% abnomal

now I have the guilt that it is all my fault and why couldn't my wonderful man have met a younger woman able to give him all the family he wants.

Yes we have Jake I would die in a heartbeat for him but he is so special he deserves to have a sibling, a playmate someone to have when D and I aren't here any more etc etc etc.

Now I feel more than ever ziggy was our last chance and maybe those wings were their way of saying goodbye.

Miss C: I'm confused. 1.1 AMH is in the US range for normal. Is it not in the normal range over there? Don't let guilt into your head. That won't help anything and it could hurt things. Reb is right. Those tests aren't perfect. They're just an idea about fertility, not the absolute. Take a deep breath and give yourself some time to think it all over. You're not out and I don't believe for a second that ziggy was your last chance. Not for a second. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->