TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hey Miss C! Have you had you HSG yet?
Sorry, think I missed you online, Glowie x Gotta go to bed now! Sleep tight all.

nah not yet Reb it's on Thursday so 2 more days. Got shifted from 3pm to 7:30am so less day to stress about it which is good, just means I have to into stay with friends close to the city the night before or I would never make it in peak hour traffic etc

I am now confused as to what I am actually having as well as I keep rading that the procedure with Ultrasound and levovist is a HyCoSy or somethng like that and an HSG uses saline and an ex ray, I know that I am having ultrasound and levovist cos it piggin well costs double yet my referral letter said HSG, so I am clueless.

I am also confused at to what painkillers to take as they all say naprogesic which I think contains Ibuprofen which when ttc is a big no no cos it thins the lining?

arrggghhh will call FS later and see what he says.

I also agree with what the others have said, you still want to ttc and I think you should do it. If it is not going to cause too much financial stress and relationship stress then it's worth the shot.

nah not yet Reb it's on Thursday so 2 more days. Got shifted from 3pm to 7:30am so less day to stress about it which is good, just means I have to into stay with friends close to the city the night before or I would never make it in peak hour traffic etc

I am now confused as to what I am actually having as well as I keep rading that the procedure with Ultrasound and levovist is a HyCoSy or somethng like that and an HSG uses saline and an ex ray, I know that I am having ultrasound and levovist cos it piggin well costs double yet my referral letter said HSG, so I am clueless.

I am also confused at to what painkillers to take as they all say naprogesic which I think contains Ibuprofen which when ttc is a big no no cos it thins the lining?

arrggghhh will call FS later and see what he says.

I also agree with what the others have said, you still want to ttc and I think you should do it. If it is not going to cause too much financial stress and relationship stress then it's worth the shot.

Hon--they can do an HSG with dye or with just saline. The dye one is supposed to unblock things better and give better images. My doc told me to take tylenol beforehand (acetominophen).

See. I knew that there was a reason I almost had an HSG!

they called mine a hycosy as well Miss C but whenever I mention it to anyone who has had HSG they always say it sounds like the same thing :shrug:

whatever it was, it seemed to do the trick for me.

Hi ladies

Sorry been quiet, we're away in New Forest on hols this week. Having a lovely time and trying to relax. Yes, my chart looks good, thanks for your comments, though I'm pretty sure it's because the apartment is quite warm. We'll see. Whatever, it still looks like it will turn out to be my most normal cycle since mc which is great news. Thinking of you all x

I love the New Forest Spoomie, we go to Black Knowl every year in the caravan.

HSG or HyCoSy tomorrow, still confused as to what I am having but whatever it is I am having I hope it does something!! In one way I hope it shows the tubes are partially blocked and this flushes them out and it's all that we need to complete the process with the clomid and the preseed and the bonking like rabbits etc etc etc this cycle!!

If it shows nothing then it means it is just my crappy eggs causing the problem and there is nothing I can do about that and out only option would be to go IVF and get them to sift through and see if they can find a good one.

Will update when I get back tomorrow am going to stay with a friend in the city tonight so I can get to the hospital on time in peak hour traffic - yuck!!

The clomid is all good, no real side effects at all apart from waking up a couple of times in the night and sweating but it's quite nice cos it is so piggin' cold at the moment!! Last month I had burning hot cramps for 2-3 days and I think FF may have got my O date wrong and it was later cos the cramping stopped with the 2nd temp rise which means we didn't bonk for long enough so we are going to keep going until we are certain I have o'd - or not stop as the case may be - don't "they" say that the more you do it the more you want it?!! So I think I am about to grab that torch ans set some snatch on fire!!!

Spoomie I love love love the new forest, took hubby there when we went to the UK last time, went to the car museum as well which he just about had wet dreams over for days afterwards!

Miss C, all the very best for tomorrow. I hope they flush you right out! Hope it doesn't hurt x
Spoomie - how lovely, I love the New Forest too, enjoy your holidays x
Glowie and Sam - hope you're doing okay
AFM I had the weirdest AF ever - TMI alert - only used about 4 tampons it was so light - stopped on Day 3, spotting again on Day 4 - what's that all about? Menopause coming to get me? x

Good Luck Miss C!!!

Reb - they sometimes say the cycle after a light AF is the cycle you conceive?? not sure if there is any truth in that :winkwink:

Good Luck Miss C!!!

Reb - they sometimes say the cycle after a light AF is the cycle you conceive?? not sure if there is any truth in that :winkwink:

I was really light the cyle before ziggy and this one just gone was really light too!

here's hoping!!!!

I don't want to be a spoiler here, but I never have a heavy period. Three--maybe four days max, no cramping, no sore boobs. So maybe it's a sign of hormones regulating themselves??? Or not???

Hi Sam and Glowie - it's SO great to have you both back and giving us sage advice as usual! I don't know about the light period thing - I've been very light since my polpy-op couple of years back, but this was really nothing. I even thought about testing, but know there's no point!
Anyway - how're you both feeling? I hope you're doing okay. I wish the lot of you could come out to this little house in France and we could all swim in the pool, lie in the deckchairs looking at our panoramic view and have a big party x
Miss C - thinking of you today x
LLBean, Morgans and Spoomie - hope the 2WW is not too harsh x

HI i hope you dont mind me popping in here , i was told that the light flow is due to not having a thick lining and a heavier flow is a really thick lining i dont know if that helps.

Im 3 days from af today and i have to most odd sensations low down and in my lower abdomen its like pulling if i turn in bed i get this pulling and when i go to get out of bed i get it too and then when im up i have what feels like a bruised groin up to hairline on the right weird or what and i have broken out in spots all over my face and my nails are really long right now have gone from next to nothing to nearly an inch in 3 weeks amazing ! but apart from that my boobs feel tighter but no cramping at all nothing o but a bit constipated tho lolx

HI i hope you dont mind me popping in here , i was told that the light flow is due to not having a thick lining and a heavier flow is a really thick lining i dont know if that helps.

Im 3 days from af today and i have to most odd sensations low down and in my lower abdomen its like pulling if i turn in bed i get this pulling and when i go to get out of bed i get it too and then when im up i have what feels like a bruised groin up to hairline on the right weird or what and i have broken out in spots all over my face and my nails are really long right now have gone from next to nothing to nearly an inch in 3 weeks amazing ! but apart from that my boobs feel tighter but no cramping at all nothing o but a bit constipated tho lolx

Hey Inkd

The constipation can be a good sign! I had it for about 3 days before my happy news last September, check out my chart of 28th August last year. Crossing fingers for you x

Reb: I WISH I could be by that pool with you too. That sounds lovely!

Spoomie: Nice chart!

Inkd: Oooh. Fingers crossed.

Miss C: Thinking of you today.

AFM: VERY low point today. I got my first EVER peak reading on CBFM this morning and I won't see OH until Sat. So depressed about it all. We were planning to be together this month right now, but because he had to come home unexpectedly for the mc, now we're missing this O time. It all feels so unfair.

like i said im not holding my breathe as it never works no matter what we do or try so but i will let you know either way girls thank you, am feeling so damn tired i cant even be bothered to eat tonight just want a bath and my bed :(

Spoomie: Nice chart!

AFM: VERY low point today. I got my first EVER peak reading on CBFM this morning and I won't see OH until Sat. So depressed about it all. We were planning to be together this month right now, but because he had to come home unexpectedly for the mc, now we're missing this O time. It all feels so unfair.

Sam, so sorry you're feeling low. What a bugger that you are not together when it matters most, your emotions will still be dictated largely by your hormones and you know that will only add to your disappointment and sadness. I'm thinking of you and reckon you should award yourself a glass of something to console yourself tonight. I have tried it for the first time in months this cycle and I definitely feel better for it.

Thanks for your positive feedback on my chart. Really not sure what to think.....I'm trying to look at the positive that it is shaping up to be my longest luteal phase (and follicular come to that) in months. Temp has fallen last couple of days but not significantly enough for me to call myself out, which is actually so frustrating! By this stage I just want to know if it's over so I can pick myself up and start again. Also, it is still way above coverline??? Expecting a big drop tomorrow :cry: will hope and pray that I'm wrong but I think in my heart I know it's coming. Regardless, my new PMA that you inspired me to embrace has definitely helped me through this month.

Big :hugs::hugs: to you sweetie x

Sam, I am gutted for you. BUT I know it is shitty consolation, but your last few cycles are really normal. Your still going to be super fertile. Have a drink, I always have had the odd one, especially on days like today, hell, maybe it will delay ov for you!!

Spoomie - I am loving the new PMA, surely it's the way forward! Your not out yet!!

Re the light cycles, if you look back through my charts pretty sure my bfp chart was my lightest cycle in months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->