TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

6 hours?! Freaked out is right. Poor little eggie. What with poor slightly misshapen sperm it's no wonder we never conceived naturally!
AFM it's like flipping post-apocalyptic quiet out there - all the hoodies are in hiding, ditto the shopkeepers and the rest of us are wondering why they're all over-reacting. I keep expecting zombies to come marching round the corner! Thanks for all your thoughts yesterday, but I think the most dangerous moment of my day was when I shut Jasper's tail in the door... x

Very interesting info Miss C and some things to think about. There was so much I didn't know before ttc but because of my age I have taken it upon myself to use everything I can get to get my BFP. Whether it works is another story but I figure if I am going to do it then I might as well throw everything at it :thumbup: Also interesting that the :spermy: need 12 hours, that might make me think again about timing just to make sure I get it right.

Next month I am adding Royal Jelly/Bee Pollen and maca - at this point I am willing to give pretty much anything a shot :)

So with 6 hours for eggie to live and 12 hours for spermies to get their head around the fact that they have to go on a big journey ... should we just be BDing every day the week before O? ... Is there any point in BDing after if eggie only lives 6 hours?
AFM We tried marathon BDathon and did just that this week including BDing day after O (7 day marathon! OH was knackered!) - lets see if it does the trick! FS visit tomorrow a.m.

Girls, I'm still here, clinging on by the skin of my teeth with this pregnancy, with all the spotting and cramps I fear the worst and just trying to take each day as it comes. Got a scan on Saturday so might know more then. Not feeling positive at the moment and trying to come to terms with the fact that I might soon hold the record for having 2 consecutive mc in the shortest space of time possible!
It probably all sounds really selfish right? But getting that bfp and actually holding on to it is a whole new issue of being 40+ And I'm finding it MUCH harder than TTC ever was.

Glowie, you are never selfish and DON'T GIVE UP! So glad you only have to wait until Saturday but remember what we've all said - that we've had friends who spotted and cramped right through the 1st tri xxx
Beetle - BD shagathon sounds like fun, if hard work!! Good for you and good luck for tomorrow. x

Glowie ... RebS has said it all. It may be nothing to worry about but I completely understand your concern. Good luck for Saturday.
RebS ... the shagathon was not instigated by me for a change... my OH has got it into his head that its his spermies that are letting the side down based on bad test last year, so he thinks the more that are in there, the more chance there is that one might get through! (oh and TMI here, it might have been him that instigated it but yours truly had to do all the hard work, so yes, v. tiring! ;))

Glowie - lovely to see you pop in. Sending you lots of :hugs:. Hope all goes well for you on Saturday.

I originally fell pregnant immediately after my mirena removal (I'd used an IUD/IUS for 14 years prior to this) but before my first AF. I miscarried at 10w3d and then got pregnant within 2 cycles of my miscarriage. For those thinking about what to try, what worked for me the second time was: temping, charting CM, Clear Blue Fertility Monitor (only did this for one cycle) and morning nookie. I was only taking Folic Acid and Vitamin C. OH wasn't taking anything.

:dust: ladies.

Pip x

Glowstar :hugs: Hope Saturday can give you some positive news and help to calm your fears a little :hugs:

Hang in there Glowie!!!! Praying for an excellent U/S on Saturday.

Evening ladies

I've been thinking about Twinny's stats all day and realising how hard it is to coordinate our pitiful 6 hour egg life and the sperm's 12 hour journey! I even set DH on the case to figure it out and we've established that twice a day BD may improve our chances! As aged, tired parents of a toddler who invariably ends up in our bed by 6am, this is no mean feat!!! :haha::haha:

Beetle, Miss C posted some stats a couple of months back which really surprised me, it said that bd on ovulation day has (almost?) zero chance of conception (if I remember rightly Twinny?) and now she has highlighted the 6 hour/12 hour problem, I understand why. :wacko:

Glowie, the whole thing is so draining for you; the fact that we understand your pain and anguish makes it no easier for you to bear. I pray for only good news for you on Saturday. Dam right, getting pregnant and staying pregnant are two veeerrryyy different things for us ladies, as we know through bitter experience. I keep trying to hang on to your comment about every failed cycle is a cycle closer to success and YOU must hang on to the fact that your body obviously gets pregnant easily and it WILL stay pregnant. I hope and pray that it is THIS pregnancy that goes to term and that there is no more heartache for you on your journey :hugs::hugs:

Reb, you are amazing that you still think a BD shagathon sounds like fun after 3 years ttc in your forties!!! Go girl!!! :haha::haha::haha:

Butterfly67, you are so right; with our (reduced) chances, we have to arm ourselves with knowledge and use that to maximise our chances. The key is to do that without getting obsessive......I fail miserably on that most of the time (as my gals here know), though they, along with bereavement counselling and reflexology are helping me to get on with my life while ttc too.

Twinny, thanks for your message, love you, love you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Despie - so nice to see you here! How're you doing?
Miss C - sounding really good, I hope this one's the one for you - have you started the clomid yet? x
Glowie, fingers all crossed till I get pins and needles and then some x
Jennjenn - how's it going with you?

Reb - I'm swamped at work b/c I was on this board most of the time for this last 2WW! So it's going to be radio silence for me except when I'm at home! I'm so far behind and trying to go away tomorrow for a scrapbook retreat with a co-worker. So looks like I will be working late tonight!

But no symptoms yet...

FS rang me at 7:30 this morning - talk about good service!! but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr progesterone is 6 which indicates I JUST ovulated or am reaching end of cycle so I have to wait for my period - soooooooooo sick of waiting!! today is cycle day 35!!

if cd22 was correct according to cm but not sustained by temps but then again I have been really sick last few weeks gastro and cold and now chest infection I am 13dpo so witch should rock up NOW or if it was cd27 as fFFFFFFFF says then another week or so to go, will be interesting to see what happens and if my LP is stable despite the late O days and which one it was!!

According to most stats we ovulate over night but I am not sure about that cos the LH surge is supposed to happen mid morning but mine isn't until last afternoon early evening, I never get a morning +ive opk until after the night time one.

6 hours is a real possibility for eggy life but if it's a really good egg then it can still live for up to 48 hours according to the clinic I went to - never heard of the 48 only the 12-24 - the key is having the sperm there ready so sex every day is important I think provided there are no male fertility issues. And the key to making the spermies live longer and more of them is really good cervical mucus and if not plenty of preseed etc, if they cna swim through the cervix easily they don't expend all their energy and also for you to have orgasm after hubby's deposit at the cervix dips down into the vagina whilst you orgasm and sucks em up like a vaccuum!!

Our nurse also said regular ie 3-4 times per week is a strong key to baby making, not just the week of O but for the 2 months leading up to it as well cos it really makes for healthy sperm. Plus it helps our uterus strengthen with it's orgasm contractions and blood flow to the uterus which is also key for reproduction.

So I researched this and an interesting theory is that younger people get pregnant more quickly cos they have sex more regularly not just at O time which backs up the theories above. If the latest stem cell research confirms that we DO in fact create new eggs then we just gotta get to it ladies, let's pick up that torch and start flaming some snatches!!!!

and so endeth the lesson!

OMG OMG OMG OMG you HAVE to read this page - this whole site actually - I am having acccupuncture this afternoon so started doing soem readin and cam across this page about "advanced maternal age". Talk about uplifting and hope building!!!!!!

https://www.thefertilesoul.com/pages/Diagnostic_pgs/ADVANCED-MATERNAL.php

Thanks Miss C - that's a really good read. We're all coming to Oz, though, to get treatment with your FS - the most dedicated man in the world!!! And to think mine didn't even bother to reply to my e-mails so we fired him!
I just poured my de-caff coffee down the drain - no more for me!
Jennjenn - sorry to hear you're working so hard, hope things ease up soon.
LLBEAN!!! You've been very quiet - what's going on?! x
And where's Morgans? Anyone heard?

Ll has posted on the fb group reb. She has been v busy with the fs but sure she will be around soon to update. All good though. X

My apologies for the delay...here goes
Well it went well...according to my doctor my egg reserves are that of a 38 year old (so that is at least 3 years less LOL) and Hubby is finding out how to pay for it...there is a "plan" where you pay a bit more than the usual price and it covers you for 2 full cycles so we are thinking that is the best bet since no one can predict how many eggs we get. She said with me she would use one good egg or two tops...I'm voting for the 2 embryos just to be safe.

They will do the genetic testing on the embryos too to be safe...yes you may still develop something later on but it is highly unlikely she said, and that an NT scan should determine that.

Hubby had some blood drawn today too (lucky *******...only 3 vials for him...against my 17 total!) but that is all he needs other than the collection on the day of egg retrieval.

She told me I do have borderline something or another that causes potential clots whcih can get in the way of the embryo attaching to the wall SO she is giving me something for that (don't recall the name)...I told her about my dreadful experience with the baby aspirin so she is aware of it...she says that was because I did it at the end of my cycle ...or something like that. So she will be keeping an eye on me for sure.

The only med I remember her saying for me was Lupron to suppress ovulation, then I get the HCG trigger shot before retrieval...Progesterone will be injected daily after retrieval as well...so oil? Wish it was not injected but apparently that is the best way...so gotta do it.

Next week ...depending on fabulous Jury Duty again (I had to go March 14th and got called AGAIN!...ugh...) I shall go to do the Sounding (trial Embryo Transfer...just to see where they will put them) and to be taught on the way of the shots and what not. If my AF is on time then August 20th I should start the round of stuff...only 10 days away!

OH, once they put the embryos in in 10 days they can tell if I am pregnant or not...pretty neat right? They will monitor me as my OB/Gyn for the first 8 to 10 weeks, after that I get to go to the regular ob/gym.

Of course now I am having all kinds of symptoms so kind of freaking out LOL..very sore breast, bloating etc...Oh well, lets see what happens ;-)

FS rang me at 7:30 this morning - talk about good service!! but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr progesterone is 6 which indicates I JUST ovulated or am reaching end of cycle so I have to wait for my period - soooooooooo sick of waiting!! today is cycle day 35!!

if cd22 was correct according to cm but not sustained by temps but then again I have been really sick last few weeks gastro and cold and now chest infection I am 13dpo so witch should rock up NOW or if it was cd27 as fFFFFFFFF says then another week or so to go, will be interesting to see what happens and if my LP is stable despite the late O days and which one it was!!

According to most stats we ovulate over night but I am not sure about that cos the LH surge is supposed to happen mid morning but mine isn't until last afternoon early evening, I never get a morning +ive opk until after the night time one.

6 hours is a real possibility for eggy life but if it's a really good egg then it can still live for up to 48 hours according to the clinic I went to - never heard of the 48 only the 12-24 - the key is having the sperm there ready so sex every day is important I think provided there are no male fertility issues. And the key to making the spermies live longer and more of them is really good cervical mucus and if not plenty of preseed etc, if they cna swim through the cervix easily they don't expend all their energy and also for you to have orgasm after hubby's deposit at the cervix dips down into the vagina whilst you orgasm and sucks em up like a vaccuum!!

Our nurse also said regular ie 3-4 times per week is a strong key to baby making, not just the week of O but for the 2 months leading up to it as well cos it really makes for healthy sperm. Plus it helps our uterus strengthen with it's orgasm contractions and blood flow to the uterus which is also key for reproduction.

So I researched this and an interesting theory is that younger people get pregnant more quickly cos they have sex more regularly not just at O time which backs up the theories above. If the latest stem cell research confirms that we DO in fact create new eggs then we just gotta get to it ladies, let's pick up that torch and start flaming some snatches!!!!

and so endeth the lesson!

So having a much young OH...who is very *healthy* in that department is a bonus :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->