TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

OMG OMG OMG OMG you HAVE to read this page - this whole site actually - I am having acccupuncture this afternoon so started doing soem readin and cam across this page about "advanced maternal age". Talk about uplifting and hope building!!!!!!

https://www.thefertilesoul.com/pages/Diagnostic_pgs/ADVANCED-MATERNAL.php

Thank you for this article Miss C !!!

Wow, Twinny, fascinating. I will read at length later when little man is in bed, but scrolling through, this section spoke loudly in to my ear, and my heart.

Conceiving a child cannot be a process of struggle, of swimming upstream against all odds, of "forcing" a pregnancy. You can't force a pregnancy. The Fertile Soul can't force a pregnancy. Your reproductive endocrinologist can't create a life without the cooperation of the same universal forces that our bodies respond to. Life is allowed to manifest, which is a process of acceptance. We hear examples of this universal truth all the time. When we let go of our tight hold on control and loosen our grip on the outcome-through resignation, giving up, adoption and even by accepting that getting pregnant naturally is hopeless because we're too old-it ends the struggle. When we finally unclench, lift up our hands and let go, then the space opens up and our reproductive energies become receptive. Only then can Life say, "O.k., now you're ready!"

I wonder how many of us this is true for? The stress of feeling as though time is running out is overwhelming. I know from experience that this time last year, after 6 months of ttc without success I came to an acceptance that perhaps it was too late for another child and it wouldn't happen - the next month I was pregnant, I swear. Since the mc I have been desperate to be pregnant again and certainly am NOT able to find a way to accept the prospect of not having a child, I know I have been fighting my body and it is exhausting. Achieving a place where I could relax and allow it to happen sounds like paradise, but trying to force myself to relax only seems to add to the stress of the whole thing! Catch 22. Reflexology has helped, I feel sooooo relaxed while it's happening and am working on keeping the feeling going in between appointments. May consider acupuncture as my next weapon. Relaxation has to be win-win; we will be relaxed and enjoy life more outside of ttc, and it may be the final piece of the puzzle.

OMG OMG OMG OMG you HAVE to read this page - this whole site actually - I am having acccupuncture this afternoon so started doing soem readin and cam across this page about "advanced maternal age". Talk about uplifting and hope building!!!!!!

https://www.thefertilesoul.com/pages/Diagnostic_pgs/ADVANCED-MATERNAL.php

Oh wow, thank you so much for posting this!!!! It confirms what i believe in my heart to be true!! It makes so much sense!! One thing that always stuck with me, was if you have all your eggs when you are born, then why when you do an IUI cycle do you not see all of them? I know for me they would see maybe 8 or 12, and then they would grow from there, and when it came time for my IUI, i might have 3 or 5 that matured. But where are all the millions of eggs? Never understood that, and i really believe that we keep making them.

had my first ever acupuncture session yesterday - loved it. I could feel myself melting into the table. She says my kidneys and spleen (sp?) need work and to cleanse and renew my blood, all makes sense. Looking forward to my next session.

still waiting for witch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! played with the detector tuning on FF and get heaps of differing O dates 0 advanced has me at 9dpo, fertility awareness has me at 15dpo and research has me at 12dpo

so glad I found that article and website, makes so much sense

Llbean - sounds like GREAT stuff! Are you having natural cycle IVF? Or using ovarian stimulation? You're going to be a few months ahead of me now! Your FS sounds fantastic.
Miss C - I do hope the old hag turns up soon, your cycle is playing naughty little games with you and you should tell it off heartily!
Glowie, thinking of you and FX for tomorrow x

Hi! Can I join? I've just turned 41 and have a DS who is nearly 7 months old. I'm currently TTC baby no 2. I did get pregnant two cycles ago, but had an early loss about 6 weeks.

Hi Kirsty :wave: sorry about your loss recently, hope you get a sticky bean soon :hugs:

I just got back from the docs with my day 3 results and my FSH is 7.6 so I am pretty happy about that so on to the next cycle and see what happens.

Llbean - sounds like GREAT stuff! Are you having natural cycle IVF? Or using ovarian stimulation? You're going to be a few months ahead of me now! Your FS sounds fantastic.
Miss C - I do hope the old hag turns up soon, your cycle is playing naughty little games with you and you should tell it off heartily!
Glowie, thinking of you and FX for tomorrow x

I will be on Prenisone, Folguard and heparin. The Folguard will be in addition to the prenatal vitamin. Also Either Follistim or Gonal F depending on which my insurance covers as well as Lupron...does that answer your question?

LLBean - yep! Fantastic, very good luck!
Kirsty H - welcome! So sorry for your loss, but congrats on your LO - an over 40 baby yippee!
Butterfly - great news re your FSH, that's a really good result.
AFM - some more good news for the thread, I had a clear smear result today, after CIN 1 last year so really chuffed. Think the biopsy did it for the pre-cancerous little buggers!

Reb so chuffed you had a clear smear :dance:

Butterfly as said elsewhere really chuffed for your results :dance:

Kirsty welcome :hi:

Thanks for posting an announcement in the over 35 board. I hadn't found this one yet. I just turned 41 and am trying for baby #1. Miscarried in May and feeling very down. Our first pregnancy was a total surprise, so we'd thought that after m/c we'd have no trouble getting preg again...it's nice to know there are other over 40 women trying for the same dream as me.

Hi Annie, so so sorry for your loss and welcome to the thread! I think most of us have lost so you're in good company x

Hi new ladies. This is a great group. :wave:

:hugs:

Pip x

Hi kirsty and welcome x

Butterfly that's an excellent result x

Reb, yippee for a clear smear, I had level CIN3 in 2009 and had a colposcopy had clear smears since xx

Hi new ladies, welcome to our 'happy' (?!) home. Sorry for your losses, all of you.

Reb, great news re: smear

AFM, cd4, nothing to say...........x

Hey all...

Just wanted to say hi to the new members!! Here's hoping for many more BFP's. I ordered my starter pack today, which includes opk's, pregnancy strips, preseed It will be here next week! [After hearing everyone rave about it, I thought we should try it.]

DH told me of his dream he had the other night... [he never dreams about us having kids lol] anyway, he said he saw a small boy (toddler), who was looking at him, and about to cry badly and dh said to him...'stop, don't start'..mom is not here and I can't do this right now hahahahah I thought it was cute...

I said to him, is this a premonition :). God willing lol. I hope everyone is having a better weekend...

Ditto Glowie. Be brave, hope all good news for you and your little fighter xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->