TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi ladies, sorry short and sweet as on my phone. All ok with baby!!! Measuring 7 weeks 1 day, saw heartbeat flickering away!! Haven't got a pic, antiquated EPAU scan machine won't print! So can pick one up from ante natal on Tuesday. Was there for 2 hours as had to wait to see Dr as cyst has grown slightly. Dr got called to labour ward and we had to leave but nurse phoned me back after speaking to consultant and he's not concerned. Xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ,am on hols ATM but hope to join you wen I get back ,sending u all some :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Fantastic news Glowie ... wishing you a continued happy and healthy pregnancy that goes the whole way. Great poem Miss C!

AFM saw FS at the Lister on Friday. Been there 2 minutes popped to the loo and was called as I was coming out for my scan! How's that for service?! Its great news ... apparently my uterus is normal, I ovulated this month, good follicle count and all looks healthy (although no blood test results yet to confirm hormones are behaving themselves) ... even better is my OH's sperm has improved to 70% motility which is normal, was 28% before so fab fab. She saw no reason why we couldn't get pregnant naturally but because nothing has happened since my MC last December she's recommending IUI for 2 cycles before IVF. I'm also having my tubes xrayed to check they are all OK, and we still have to wait for OH's sperm result after 2 days. So staying positive and if all continues to go well we'll start IUI for cycle beginning end of September. It would be so wonderful to get pregnant naturally, my mum is terminally ill with cancer and seeing her yesterday i think we are talking weeks not months and I desperately want her to know that I was going to give her another grandchild. Life is so harsh sometimes.

oh beetle hugs hugs honey so sorry about your mum. Either way she will know her grandchild be it in this life or the other side - I so so so believe that. Great news on all your results and the hsg will hopefully show tubal patency and then all good to go!!

AFM the witch is here!!! :happydance: so Wednesday night will see the first lot of 100mg of clomid and the start of bunny month!! we are not gonna stop until we simply can't do it anymore!!!

Saw my psychic lady today and I just wanted to give her a big kiss and hug at the end of it. My dad came through clear as day. She said ziggy was a boy and for me not to give up and not to worry and to stop being terrified that it will happen again all will be OK. She did say she saw 2 children though but not twins - wtf!!!!! She told me my mum was going to be fine after she has the surgery and that she woud be knitting pink (my mum knits all the time and Jake has enough jumpers for every day of the week and 2 on the weekends)

Twinny get ready - if your theories are correct then we are gonna be bump buddies for sure!!! we are so soul mates and I will never lose you.

oh beetle hugs hugs honey so sorry about your mum. Either way she will know her grandchild be it in this life or the other side - I so so so believe that. Great news on all your results and the hsg will hopefully show tubal patency and then all good to go!!

AFM the witch is here!!! :happydance: so Wednesday night will see the first lot of 100mg of clomid and the start of bunny month!! we are not gonna stop until we simply can't do it anymore!!!

Saw my psychic lady today and I just wanted to give her a big kiss and hug at the end of it. My dad came through clear as day. She said ziggy was a boy and for me not to give up and not to worry and to stop being terrified that it will happen again all will be OK. She did say she saw 2 children though but not twins - wtf!!!!! She told me my mum was going to be fine after she has the surgery and that she woud be knitting pink (my mum knits all the time and Jake has enough jumpers for every day of the week and 2 on the weekends)

Twinny get ready - if your theories are correct then we are gonna be bump buddies for sure!!! we are so soul mates and I will never lose you.

Thank you so much Miss C. I definitely believe in the afterlife and its a lovely thought to think it doesn't matter if I don't conceive in her lifetime that she will still know her grandchild.
So glad that the witch has come today for you! And it is all sounding very positive from the psychic lady! Fingers crossed! And enjoy BDtastic fun! xxx

:haha::haha: Miss C :haha:

Spoomie, I would just take 160 for 3 days and then up it to 200 for the last 2 days :hugs:

Gosh, I'm so thick :dohh: I am taking 160mg (4 tablets) now so will do so again tonight, then up the stakes to 200mg tomorrow and Tuesday.

Beetle - so sorry to hear about your mum, lots of hugs. Great news re the Lister though - I think you had a much more positive experience there than we did. FX for the tubes x
Miss C - glad the witch finally made it! Go go go x

Holy Hell! I go back to work and look what happens in here! Welcome to all the newbs!! This is a great thread with lots of great ladies!

I've missed too much to do a ton of personals but do want to address:

Glowie: YAY!! I'm soooo happy to hear the good news!! I've been hoping for good news and holding out tons of hope for you.

LL: Wow, you guys are on track now! Great news.

Miss C: It's about time she showed! I'm with you on the wait, wait, wait. I've just had another damn long cycle - CD52 now. BUT, she's coming.

I know I've missed some others and I'm sorry. I've just read through about 10-15 pages and it's all run together. :)

AFM: Yep, CD52 - AGAIN. I am so effin tired of these stupid cycles. It's starting to look like an every other month thing. Yesterday, I had some brown spotting which was very light. Today, it's more dark red with some tissue. I am now starting to feel some very slight aching/cramping so I figure I'll be on CD1 tomorrow.

Advice please: I bought Vitex a while back when I "thought" I'd be getting AF last time. Do you think I can go ahead and start it tonight or should I wait until a first full CD1?

I really hope to get back on here regularly, but I'm so busy with lesson planning and school starting. I'm already ready for summer vacay again and it's only been two days back (with students). LOL I've been back for a week, but the heathens came back Thursday.

OH. And please tell me how in the hell that :holly: is NOT a giant pair of bouncing boobs??? I can't see anything else! :haha:

Beetle: I just read about your mom. So sorry to hear that. We went through that with my OHs mom last September. I truly feel for you. It's so very hard. :hugs:

Ladies I could really use some advice or encouragement!! I just finished cycle 2 of TTC again, my youngest is 7, and my oldest is 24. I have given birth 8 times, and have 7 living children!

First cycle was completely normal great ovulation, friendly donor but he was older so that probably played a role, 2nd cycle used donor sperm again but with younger donor, and had only a 9 day LP.. This is not good I understand!!

I was thinking of NOT trying anymore, because I really just wanted to add one more miracle to my family, but I don't have to as I do have a bunch of wonderful children already!

I do not have fertility coverage on my insurance so doing any testing besides what I can do on my own is out of the question. I am willing to do unprescribed clomid as I have been on that before, but not sure at my age (47) that it would do any good anyway..

My question is, is it even worth it to try again?? Do you think I still may have a chance since for the most part my cycles are fairly regular? I know its hard for anyone to say if I will be able to conceive, but wanted some input from all of you since you have BTDT!!

Thank you in advance, and my charts are in my signature if anyone wants to look.. Maybe if I hang out here you ladies can give some encouragement to what I need to do next.. and give me some hope!

Last question, what is the supplement that helps with uterine lining??

Hugs and baby dust to everyone here!

i have been researching pineapple to aid implantation and this is what I have found.

They say it's actually the core of the pineapple that works best, not the pineapple itself. It's an enzyme called Bromelain, you can also take tablets from the health food store, but I don't know if it would work as well. Some say it needs to be fresh pineapple, because it is an enzyme.

However, some say that fresh pineapple, if eaten in excess could cause a miscarriage, as it can cause uterine cramping. So if you are going to try it, it might be better to stick to the following routine:

Using Pineapple to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

For IVF [in vitro fertilization] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI [intra-uterine insemination] cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: one pineapple, divided into 5 portions - consume one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple BEFORE the recommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.

Miss C I used the pineapple core this cycle!! I thought it would taste bad and be coarse, but it actually tasted good!! I found a really really ripe pineapple and that helped a lot !

Thanks Miss C, I was thinking of doing the pineapple thing this month so that has really helped :)

Thanks Miss C, I was thinking of doing the pineapple thing this month so that has really helped :)

if your chart is correct then you are too late this cycle. 5 days with 1dpo being the first and you are at 8?

Hello to aMommy - wow, what a story! 7 children, that's amazing! I'm guessing from your story that you must have lost one, as well as your MC's, so lots of :hugs:
As to your age - you're asking the wrong people! We're all desperately trying to prove the medical profession wrong! Some of us are successful, some of us aren't and only we decide when enough is enough. Good luck with your decisions and stick with us for a laugh and support x

Miss C - good stuff about the pineapple core, if we go to IVF I will pester you to repeat the info! x

Shelley, good to have you back, hope the new term is not too stressful x

Fantastic news Glowie ... wishing you a continued happy and healthy pregnancy that goes the whole way. Great poem Miss C!

AFM saw FS at the Lister on Friday. Been there 2 minutes popped to the loo and was called as I was coming out for my scan! How's that for service?! Its great news ... apparently my uterus is normal, I ovulated this month, good follicle count and all looks healthy (although no blood test results yet to confirm hormones are behaving themselves) ... even better is my OH's sperm has improved to 70% motility which is normal, was 28% before so fab fab. She saw no reason why we couldn't get pregnant naturally but because nothing has happened since my MC last December she's recommending IUI for 2 cycles before IVF. I'm also having my tubes xrayed to check they are all OK, and we still have to wait for OH's sperm result after 2 days. So staying positive and if all continues to go well we'll start IUI for cycle beginning end of September. It would be so wonderful to get pregnant naturally, my mum is terminally ill with cancer and seeing her yesterday i think we are talking weeks not months and I desperately want her to know that I was going to give her another grandchild. Life is so harsh sometimes.

Oh honey big hugs for you and your mum. I know how hard that is to deal with, as i lost my dad to cancer almost 3 years ago. I too have a hard time with the fact that he will never know his grandchild, if we ever manage to have one. Sending you all kinds of prayers that you will be able to give your mom some wonderful news!!:hugs:

Glowie yea for the fantastic news, i love hearing about this as it give me so much hope that this can and actually does happen for ladies like us!!

How are all you ladies doing? I have had a very busy weekend, sorry i was MIA, I hope everybody is well.

AMommy, honey i think you know in your heart when its time to stop, your age is just a number, and it can and does happen for a lot of ladies your age. I say if your heart is telling you to go for it, then do it and think positive, but if your heart is telling you no, then stop, and love the children you do have. Sending you all kinds of luck and baby dust!!

Amommy like onmymind says follow your heart.

AFM i haven't been tracking this cycle but i looked at ff today and is due on wed. The wierd thing this cycle for the last week TMI warning is my bowels are really off ie constipated - loose all in one day. very irritable bowelish
Not sure if it is related to my hormones or my gerd medication.

I have stopped taking my gerd meds to see if low stomach acid is a cause and have stopped dairy for 1week to see if that is a cause now just waiting and seeing what is happening. My GF thinks im preg but i doubt i we just didnt BD with results enough this cycle - and honestly i don't know if i even ov.

It would be nice if AF didnt show and id get my bfp for my bday but im sure she on her evil way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->