TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Ladies I believe we all feel that way at times. No matter if we have kids or not. There are days I desperately want a baby and other days I don't want to continue on the journey. The rollercoaster of emotions while ttc.
That's why this site is so good we know how each other feels as were all on the same journey, and we support each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly

Afm I'm on cycle day 14 which means if I ov I'm either 3-6 dpo, and 10 days till af shows up. I'm semi optimistic as oh has been performing amazing no finishing problems.
I guess I will know in 10 days or so

oooh looks like a few of us may be cycle buddies. I am off to th baby & toddler show to sell some lovely nappies and hope that lots of baby dust rubs off on me.

But I am super excited FFFFFFF just moved my cross hairs so I am 3dpo again!! BUT I now have a high rating instead of just good!! with 4 bd's in the crucial window if those spermies didn't meet the egg/s then ............ now just hope they liked each other when they met and are now preparing to snuggle in and bed down!! Some sharp cramping yesterday.

Shelley, I hope you are OK and hope your appointment goes well and they can sort things out for you :hugs:

Reb, Spoomie, Sam.....keeping everything crossed for you :kiss:

Eli - hope everything is going well with all your meds etc and look forward to hearing about egg retrieval etc :hugs:

Miss C - glad you've got a 'High' on FFFFF and yay for some super big follicles....keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

Well firstly, I must apologise for not posting much :nope: I feel really guilty about it to be honest BUT I have been following this thread everyday and looking at all your charts. I suppose I should have been hear to give you all words of encouragement but I will be honest and say I've had to take a bit of time out for me (as selfish as that sounds) to keep a positive attitude. Being pregnant after a loss is really difficult and such a worrisome time I've felt that to keep myself sane I have had to avoid reading anything that's negative, including stories of loss :cry:
Anyway, I invested in a doppler and managed to pick up baby glowie's heartbeat at exactly 9 weeks....166bpm and all well.
Had my scan today and baby is measuring 1 day ahead, so 10 weeks 1 day. Was kicking and jumping about with a lovely heartbeat and looking very healthy :cloud9: So I am starting to feel that I am getting over 'a hump' here and can't wait to be in 2nd tri as 1st tri has been very difficult.

Here's baby Glowie.....I hope it doesn't upset any of you...but spurs you on :winkwink:

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/glowstar71/Photo_60778139-B501-9067-95C1-3FF482F275EA.jpg

Baby Glowie is LOVELY! Thanks for sharing all of your good news, hon. :hugs:

Shelley, I hope you are OK and hope your appointment goes well and they can sort things out for you :hugs:

Reb, Spoomie, Sam.....keeping everything crossed for you :kiss:

Eli - hope everything is going well with all your meds etc and look forward to hearing about egg retrieval etc :hugs:

Miss C - glad you've got a 'High' on FFFFF and yay for some super big follicles....keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

Well firstly, I must apologise for not posting much :nope: I feel really guilty about it to be honest BUT I have been following this thread everyday and looking at all your charts. I suppose I should have been hear to give you all words of encouragement but I will be honest and say I've had to take a bit of time out for me (as selfish as that sounds) to keep a positive attitude. Being pregnant after a loss is really difficult and such a worrisome time I've felt that to keep myself sane I have had to avoid reading anything that's negative, including stories of loss :cry:
Anyway, I invested in a doppler and managed to pick up baby glowie's heartbeat at exactly 9 weeks....166bpm and all well.
Had my scan today and baby is measuring 1 day ahead, so 10 weeks 1 day. Was kicking and jumping about with a lovely heartbeat and looking very healthy :cloud9: So I am starting to feel that I am getting over 'a hump' here and can't wait to be in 2nd tri as 1st tri has been very difficult.

Here's baby Glowie.....I hope it doesn't upset any of you...but spurs you on :winkwink:

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/glowstar71/Photo_60778139-B501-9067-95C1-3FF482F275EA.jpg

Can I just tell you how big of a smile that image put on my face? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

So cute!!!!

THANK YOU for sharing!!!!

OH and yes all is well, retrieval on Sunday, supposedly they put them back in of Friday so lets see how it goes....FXd!

Gorgeous baby Glowie. Praying for a smooth passage from 1st to 2nd trimester for you :hugs: x

Gorgeous Glowie! xx
LL - good luck for Sunday and then for the five days of crossed fingers x
Miss C, Samiam and pcdm17 - good luck for the 2ww x
Spoomie - praying for a lovely temp rise for you tomorrow morning x

Thanks so much Reb...it will be a LONG week, that's for sure LOL

BEAUTIFUL photo glowie, :hugs: Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy :)

Thank you all for the kind words.

Doc was less concerned about the bleeding and more concerned about my cycles these past 11 months. He immediately told the nurse to send me to the lab for a PCOS panel. I guess I'm getting all the prelim tests I'd been wanting, but figured I was going to have to wait for them until we were ready to see a FS. So, that's a plus.

He also wants OH to do a SA quickly, as well. I go back in three weeks, but I should have the test results next week. Basically, these are the tests that we can do quickly and cheaply (relatively) without having to see a FS. And if it comes back that we both have issues, then we know we have no choice and a FS it is.

I'm up and down as far as how I feel about it. I'm worried about PCOS, but I'm really happy, that out of nowhere, I'm getting the tests I've been wanting SO badly.

:shrug:

Oh, and....

Reb - :hugs:

Glowie: I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you! That's an awesome baby Glowie in there!

Glowie gorgeous little one in there!!!

Spoomie im sorry the witch got you :( I also have recently gotten back into running I'm training for a 5 k in nov. Are you training for anything specific, or just fitness

Glowie gorgeous little one in there!!!

Spoomie im sorry the witch got you :( I also have recently gotten back into running I'm training for a 5 k in nov. Are you training for anything specific, or just fitness

Thanks pdmcd17. Having a cr*p day today; it always feels so much worse when one gets one's hopes up....note to self. Can't shake the feeling that this is just never going to happen for me again as it has been a whole year this month since I last managed to get pregnant and my efforts have been nothing short of heroic, pouring my heart and soul into it, leaving no stone unturned, so maybe that tells me something?

My running? I'm hoping it helps me to find myself again because I really miss my old self and don't much care for the one I've got now. I am, or rather was, a marathon runner and it pretty much used to define me. After giving birth to my son in 2008 I was sub-3hr marathon fit in 8 months but since falling pregnant in August 2010 and mc in November I have barely run. I try for a couple of weeks and then fall off the wagon when af knocks me sideways. I always thought I was an incredibly strong person but now I realise just how weak I am. I know that not running is contributing to my depression (tonight I googled 'am I sad or depressed'!!!) and it feels like time to stop putting the rest of my life on hold and to give ttc a place in my life as opposed to making IT my life.

Sorry pdmcd, you got the long answer! :hugs:

Reb, you know what I love about cd1-5? You don't need to set your alarm to temp :haha: Hope you're feeling a bit better xxx

Aw Spoomie, I am fine. I am so sorry she got you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Your temperature chart looked ridiculously good - maybe you should give it a miss next month. Having just charted for the first month in 3, I felt much worse on CD1 then if I don't temp. Maybe it's time to put our thermometers away post-O and just wait and see.
I hope you can get running and feel motivated. Wish I was there to really give you a hug x

Aw Spoomie, I am fine. I am so sorry she got you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Your temperature chart looked ridiculously good - maybe you should give it a miss next month. Having just charted for the first month in 3, I felt much worse on CD1 then if I don't temp. Maybe it's time to put our thermometers away post-O and just wait and see.
I hope you can get running and feel motivated. Wish I was there to really give you a hug x

Hey Reb, thanks for your lovely comments. Every month I try to give up temping post-O and every month I fail (except the one my DH recorded my temps in secret). I really, really must try though because you are so right, it would definitely help me to feel better and to remember that there is NOTHING I can do to determine the outcome by that stage anyway, so I should seize the chance to be a bit less miserable!!!

Feeling quite proud of myself that I have not resorted to a glass of wine or bar of chocolate tonight and will try to abstain from my monthly cup of coffee tomorrow morning! Gosh, my life is so dull......... Thinking of giving acupuncture a go because I read a really interesting Zita West article about failure to conceive and stress (you don't say) and I have heard from several people that acupuncture is good for both - if you see what I mean. Anyway, I spoke to an acupuncturist who I am thinking of starting some treatment with and he said that while ttc coffee, alcohol, chocolate, cheese and ice-cream should be avoided which is a real bugger because I enjoy all of them, especially cheese and chocolate!

Spoomie I totally understand I fell off the running bandwagon abit after my mom died about 1 yr ago. I start then stop and like you I have gotten depressed and gained back half of the weight I lost. Im hoping getting back to running and working out helps my mood and brings me back!

The ttc journey is difficult and takes so much from us at times.
I know I don't track anymore I know apron when I may ov and it has helped me alot as it's out of my control. Plus oh has finishing issues at times
When I was tracking I was alot more stressed

I'm suppose to go to the fertility dr this month but I don't think I will, there are more days I question how much longer I can do this, and I honestly don't know if I want to take anything to force my cycles ( I had a horrible tine on bc for 1 yr after nin for 15 yrs) and it took so long to regulate them)

Where are you Spoomie in in Ontario we could be cyber running buddies and encourage each other ( I have only run a half in just under 3 hrs so you're my hero 3 hrs for a full) I'd like to do a full but a destination one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->