TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Beetle im so sorry for your loss:hugs: please dont give up hope, i had 5 miscarriages myself after my 1st and went on to have my ds and another dd, the reason being i had low progesterone levels so i was having injections 3 times a week up until i was 20 weeks pg, i have added a link below as this is a common cause for mc in early pg and having a blood test can detect this. Wishing you all the best :hugs:

https://www.wikihealth.com/The_role_of_progesterone_during_pregnancy

Sorry to read that Bettle.

@lullabybarb
Doesn't low progesterone actually cause the loss to occur as in start bleeding, rather then a pregnancy that does not continue to develop?

Dear Beetle,
SO sorry for your loss and along with everyone else, what a great attitude you have. I know you will have the strength for this, such a hard week.
If I can give a little advice - don't wait for a natural miscarriage. I did, and the wait was awful, knowing that my little bean wasn't growing plus it never came and I had to go for DnC anyway after 3 awful, awful weeks. As soon as you are sure and at peace with what's happened, have the op. xxxxx

Sorry to read that Bettle.

@lullabybarb
Doesn't low progesterone actually cause the loss to occur as in start bleeding, rather then a pregnancy that does not continue to develop?

Im not 100% sure hun, all i know is with my losses is that the heartbeat just stopped, for instance i had a scan at 7 weeks and the heartbeat was strong and then at 12 week scan no heartbeat and they all followed the same pattern until my gp suggested the progesterone injections and my pregnancy continued.

Low progesterone cannot sustain a pregnancy, its high levels of progesterone that keeps the pregnancy developing until the placenta takes over thats why many women like myself take AGNUS CASTUS (a natural form of progesterone ) to keep the progesterone levels high incase a pregnancy is trying to stick you take 2 in the morning at breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner in the evening you can get it from Holland & Barratt and you take them from roughly 10 days before you are due for your period and keep taking them until you either bleed or get a positive HPT.
I hope this helps, i know all about it because have done so much research and have help from my acupuncturist on the subject as low progesterone is known to be one of the main problems for women over 40 ttc ans has helped so many.

I am now taking 7 drops 3 times a day of SHE OAK (australian bush flower), got it off line a friend of mine is a homeopath and has recommended it , she used it and fell pregnant within 3 months of sticking to the drops, it tastes like brandy as it is preserved in it , tastes great ! . if anyone is interested in giving it a try go to
www.baldwins.co.uk , good luck xx

Thanks inkdchick - I didn't realise that AC was a form of progesterone - I think I might get some in just in case :thumbup:

yeah i was suprised too and have been on it for 3 months now sorry i havent told you before but i had given up and havent been on here for a while but now im trying this SHE OAK if it works i shall be shouting it from every bloody roof top to all over 40's ttc this is my last chance im 45 at christmas this year so think that if this doesnt work then i will be throwing in the towel completely ! xx good luck hun give it a go ! xx

Thaks yes I remember you saying you were giving up so good luck and hope you get your BFP before Xmas :hugs::hugs:

Low progesterone cannot sustain a pregnancy, its high levels of progesterone that keeps the pregnancy developing until the placenta takes over thats why many women like myself take AGNUS CASTUS (a natural form of progesterone ) to keep the progesterone levels high incase a pregnancy is trying to stick you take 2 in the morning at breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner in the evening you can get it from Holland & Barratt and you take them from roughly 10 days before you are due for your period and keep taking them until you either bleed or get a positive HPT.
I hope this helps, i know all about it because have done so much research and have help from my acupuncturist on the subject as low progesterone is known to be one of the main problems for women over 40 ttc ans has helped so many.

I am now taking 7 drops 3 times a day of SHE OAK (australian bush flower), got it off line a friend of mine is a homeopath and has recommended it , she used it and fell pregnant within 3 months of sticking to the drops, it tastes like brandy as it is preserved in it , tastes great ! . if anyone is interested in giving it a try go to
www.baldwins.co.uk , good luck xx
Thankyou for the info on angus castus:flower: i did not know that and i will be getting some for definate! its my biggest worry at the moment because my DH has lsc and if i am lucky enough to concieve i dont want to lose it because of low progesterone, im not sure if my levels are still low as its been 12 yrs since my dd was born, if my prog level was normal and i was taking angus castus would it cause any problems?

I really hope things work out for you:hugs:

no as it is the most natural form and you can even take it in pregnancy to just make sure it keeps going so no no problems. My last check on my progesterone was a year ago and it was 61 and that was 9 months before i started to take AC so and im 45 at christmas i should think you are fine and many women have no idea that this is one of the main problems why we cant hold onto our little beans that are trying so hard
I wish you allt he best let me know how you get on hun xx

no as it is the most natural form and you can even take it in pregnancy to just make sure it keeps going so no no problems. My last check on my progesterone was a year ago and it was 61 and that was 9 months before i started to take AC so and im 45 at christmas i should think you are fine and many women have no idea that this is one of the main problems why we cant hold onto our little beans that are trying so hard
I wish you allt he best let me know how you get on hun xx
Ohh thankyou soo much:flower: please can you tell me how many mg you take? im just looking on ebay now, i may have to find a store nearby though as want to start taking them as soon as possible, i will certainly let you know how i get on with them:hugs: xx

yeah sure hang on :- its made by Good'n'Natural and its 400 mg each capsule they smell bad but if you swallow them quick its ok i have orange juice after lol and they are rapid release too xx

Hi Ink, nice to see you back here! Hope you're doing okay x
Spoomie, where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you?! My cycle buddy, how're you doing?
Any news from our Miss C?

yea im ok when we were back in our other home Rome we met up with some friends one of whom is a homeopath and she has put me onto something new for one last try at this ttc thing and well ive been on it now nearly 3 weeks and feeling so relaxed i didnt even realise i was now in my last 7 days before my next period is due so was amazed but dont think anything has happened as yet coz it can take 3 months for this SHE OAK to get working on my system if it really needs it or less if there is not much rebalancing of hormones for evolving a pregnancy so we will see How are you hun xx

Hi, ladies. Just back to BnB and am over on the TTC 35+ thread but wanted to find you ladies over here.

Didn't get a chance to read that far back yet but a big congrats to you lovely ladies that are heaped in baby dust! So beautiful to see.

:hi: butterfly & keekee - nice to see you ladies here. I thought maybe I was the only one over in our other thread in the 40+ category :haha: Nice to know I am not alone on this unique TTC road.

:hi: tititimes2 nice to have you here im Tina and am 44 , you'll never be alone with us here , so welcome xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->