TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Butterfly and Reb S thank you for the Warm welcome xxxx

I had some very unusal extremely light spotting about the time I should have had AF late last month (nothing that warranted wearing any sanitry items) as it was only when i wiped (TMI Sorry) but this was only for 2 days.

I was 8 weeks when i returned a + with my DS and 6 weeks with my DD so hence why i tested again last Sunday.

I have rung the docs and cant get in till next week so thinking that the spotting was instead of full AF I will be at end of 2WW next Wednesday and due for AF next Friday. Have set an appointment with doc for next Thursday so i can do test before going so should know one way or the other by then.

Will let you all know how i get on ....until then FXed for all xxxx

Good luck, Butterfly x
OK - time for another moan about the Lister. Having had to change doctors already as the last one didn't give a toss, the new one is now saying I can't have my test results without a telephone consultation (cost 140 quid) and that she doesn't have any spare consults for 3-4 weeks, which is after we would have begun cycling. HUH? I paid a thousand BLOODY quid for those tests - surely the results belong to me and I have a right to know them? Bit cheesed off. Sorry for moan. xxx

Good luck, Butterfly x
OK - time for another moan about the Lister. Having had to change doctors already as the last one didn't give a toss, the new one is now saying I can't have my test results without a telephone consultation (cost 140 quid) and that she doesn't have any spare consults for 3-4 weeks, which is after we would have begun cycling. HUH? I paid a thousand BLOODY quid for those tests - surely the results belong to me and I have a right to know them? Bit cheesed off. Sorry for moan. xxx

That is fricking outrageous :grr: :grr:

Good luck, Butterfly x

Omg ,wtf ,:growlmad::nope::cry:

Good luck, Butterfly x

Reb, this is absolutely disgusting! I'd be inclined to tell them that you don't need a phone consultation to have the results explained, thanks very much, but that you'd like them to post the results and that you'll pay them the cost of a postage stamp if your previous £1000 doesn't stretch to that. What a bloody cheek, out and out exploitation of someone's desire for a child, pay, pay, then pay again :hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

Hi All,

Well the docs rung me today and where able to squeeze me in this afternoon, I think i saw the most whackiest doc there lol

She was more concerned about my headaches than anything else checked my eyes, did a urine sample to ensure i didnt have an infection as i am weeing alot and checked blood pressure and that was it, then told me to do another test and if it was still a BFN then to do another in 10 days time and if that was neg then to make another appointment and they MIGHT run some hormone tests as then i will be 2 months late if AF doesnt show next Friday.

She was just really whacky lol

Oh well the wait continues ............

Good luck, Butterfly x

Reb, this is absolutely disgusting! I'd be inclined to tell them that you don't need a phone consultation to have the results explained, thanks very much, but that you'd like them to post the results and that you'll pay them the cost of a postage stamp if your previous £1000 doesn't stretch to that. What a bloody cheek, out and out exploitation of someone's desire for a child, pay, pay, then pay again :hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

Spoomie, you're absolutely right. I shall phone them tomorrow from NY and say exactly that! After all, there's enough expertise on this forum that I DON'T need a doctor to explain blooming anything!!!

Tigerlillie - your doc sounds pretty weird as well! What is it with doctors and older women?! Hope they get a move on - does she not realise you're actually in quite a hurry...?!

How's everyone else? Miss C - guess you're gearing up for bunny-age; Sam - you're VERY quite - what's going on?
Despie, Butterly - everyone else! Come say helllooooooo!

Morning everyone :flower::flower: ,well I started to take the fertilaid on cd1 and today I have noticed creamy cm which I don't usually get for another week :thumbup:They have gave me more energy but am wondering will I ovulate earlier now :shrug:.my cycles have been completely messed up since my loss in July so let's hope the fertilaid sorts them out ,hope everyone is well Spoomie miss c Sam tiger Reb c bf ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Twinny, when is Jake's op? I think it is about now? Thinking of you and your precious little man :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Probably too late to benefit us, but interesting for younger women........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15305064

Interesting stuff, Spoomie - there are so many bloody variables out there. If only I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility when I was 24, I might have had time to investigate them all! Oh well. Hoping you're doing well, Spoomster, your chart is looking happy.
Despie, good luck with the Fertileaid, hope it does the trick x
AFM, AF is on her way, I can feel her lurking at the door. There endeth the last month of trying naturally, after four years. AMEN. It's IVF for us next month, or it's all over.

Interesting stuff, Spoomie - there are so many bloody variables out there. If only I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility when I was 24, I might have had time to investigate them all! Oh well. Hoping you're doing well, Spoomster, your chart is looking happy.
Despie, good luck with the Fertileaid, hope it does the trick x
AFM, AF is on her way, I can feel her lurking at the door. There endeth the last month of trying naturally, after four years. AMEN. It's IVF for us next month, or it's all over.

Wow, Reb. NO pressure there. :nope: I hope you are feeling good and strong and happy about whatever you two decide. I'm thinking good thoughts. How's NYC?

AFM: I'm in the middle of marking nightmares. Hence the silence. I got behind during OH's visit, which was mostly, but not totally good. We're in a bit of a gridlock over what to do next, which has caused some tension. But as soon as I unbury myself, I shall be back here with bells on. Also, weird month in terms of temps. I think I Oed on Tuesday--based on cervical position, EWCM, pinchy ovaries, sex drive etc, but temps have been weird. I suspect it's because the weather has gone from super cold to super warm and then back to medium again. Also, I had a glass of wine on a few nights and that makes my temp skyrocket. So I've discarded those temps. We shall see what happens. But if I DID, in fact, O on Tuesday, we stand a chance this cycle. Trying not to think too much about it yet. . .

:dust: and :hugs: to you all.

Good luck, Butterfly x

Excuse my language, but that is pure and total bullshit! :growlmad:

Ladies, forgive the me me me post......I'm just wanting to share my confusion/frustration over my temps. As you say Reb, looking good for a couple of days and I even thought I had the makings of an implantation dip at 7dpo - I am just so so sad that I still try to second guess the chart, when will I learn? That hopeful couple of days was dashed this morning when my chart dipped again (twins??!!! :haha: :haha:) and it feels like another wasted cycle will draw to a close some time next week. Experience has taught me that I'm most probably out, there has been an emerging pattern of being out for the past however many months! For some reason, I had had a good feeling about this month (idiot!) but my overall post-O temps now look very feeble. I have had a runny nose, though not a cold, for a few days now and bruised feeling bbs yesterday but I refuse to enter either into FFF as she'll just up the points score and tease me! Hanging on to the fact that it may just be because the weather here has got so dam cold at nights, fool that I am. I am about to lace up my shoes in prep for a Winter of training, I can feel it coming on..... Sorry for going on x

Reb, sorry to here that the witch is about to spoil your party in NY, and do you have anything to report from your phone call to Lister?

Sam, good to see you again x

Spoomie - it's a dip, but you're still WELL above the cover line. Don't give up yet, but remember that old Spoomie adage - guard your heart....
Sam - GREAT to hear from you! Sorry you've been so busy, and good luck for this cycle. Sounds like you and OH are working things out gradually and even though you haven't 'decided' what to do, at least you stand a chance this month xx
I think this time of year is pretty weird for temping as the weather changes so much day to day. Anyway, off to Central Park for a jet-lagged tramp round the woods x

Twinny does anything happen to your chart if you take out the spike on cd6?

Hey guys, well I am 45, been TTC with OH (who is 35) for 4 years. Now seeing a FS, privately. My FSH was 17 a couple of months ago, and I totally freaked out, thought I was about to have the menopause but I do know you have to have it done 3 months on the trot for a clear reading, so had it done again and got a letter from my FS today and it's 6.7! :happydance: He is really pleased. I am going to have one more done next month. Also, have had a 21 day progesterone test done (no results yet) and am having another done this month, but on a different day as my cycle is not the same every month.

I know I will be going down the IVF route, just didn't know whether it would be using my eggs or to go the donated route.

I am just pleased my FSH is low, it's a start! :happydance:

How is everyone doing?

I am now 7 dpo and trying not to symptom spot but not succeeding!

I have cramps and pulling but is this just my stupid head playing games with me??

AARRRRRGGGHHHHH

Hang in there. I'm also 7 dpo.

AFM: Nothing new to report. I've followed Spoomie and Reb's advice and am not temping now after O. I think it's made me lose even more interest in the whole thing. But it has also made me calmer and more accepting of whatever comes of this cycle. So thanks Reb and Spoomie!

well...............here is my update.

Looking at my chart, I didn't O on CD18 like my CBFM would have me believe but actually o'd on CD35......so once again in the TWW. Seems a tad unfair that i've had 2 of them this cycle :wacko:

so ANOTHER 6/7 days till testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dohh:

Thank you, as ever, to my rocks. Yes, above the coverline, I just wanted it to be (as ever) on an upwards trajectory instead of yoyoing all over the place. Reb, I am guarding my heart, it seems like madness to do anything else these days.....Twinny, no change if I take out the spike on cd6; I know it's crazy to leave it there, but my last pregnancy chart had exactly the same thing (think I may have already mentioned that? Old age creeping up on me) and so, like a fool, I like that parallel. Thought I might set the heating to come on earlier tomorrow as we have been waking up to a freezing house the past few mornings - I waste enough of our money on ttc, I guess a few more pounds on the obscenely overpriced heating won't make much difference!!!

Hi heavenly, you are very welcome to our thread! and Oorweiss.........that's harsh to get 2 x 2ww for the price of one, I struggle enough with one, and that's even with a MAXIMUM LP of 14 days!

Have a fab weekend ladies, I think the English sun is set to shine again for those in Blighty, we actually went for a picnic in Richmond Park last Sunday - madness!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->