TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and want to introduce myself. I'm 42 and TTC #1. Been charting temps and using OPK for the past 8 months. I'm also lucky enough to have mittleschmerz most months. I don't use the CM or CP although I feel maybe I ought to... I read TCOYF when starting this whole process (lent to me by a friend who waited 3 years for her newest little one) and that book helped me a lot!

I've been super stressed (bad for TTC) since I'm finishing a combined masters/internship program (nutrition) in December so have a huge workload. I am counting the days to be DONE with that! Whew! Thankfully, I have a very supportive (and wonderful) DH.

I also have cardiovascular disease (had a heart attack at 38) and have to be off my heart meds while TTC. It was scary at first but I'm feeling good... I'm just starting to feel that if we can't conceive that maybe we should stop trying (and start process of adopting) so I can go back on my heart meds. I mentioned that to DH and he got upset... so we are trying for a full year (4 more cycles) and then making some decisions.

For me, I feel that if my body doesn't want to conceive naturally (without fertility doctor help/procedures) then maybe there's a reason and I shouldn't try to force the issue. I know many women on here go that route and I am just saying that it's not for me (at this point... I may change my mind when we hit that year mark LOL).

Okay that was longer than I anticipated. Sorry, but hello! And thanks to Miss C for inviting me over to this discussion. :)

Hello Heavenly and Florida girl and thanks for introducing yourselves! Good to have some new blood! Florida girl - wow, heart attack at 38, that's tough. You sound really positive, though and hey, we've got a friend on the thread who can help us with all our nutrition questions! Congrats on completing a masters - that must be tough.
Greens - how're you doing?
Oorwest - I can't believe it - another 2WW? That's poo.
Spoomster - your chart.....FX
AFM - the dear old Auntie Floanna showed up bang on schedule. That's one thing I'll give her. So, day 1 for me, please ignore the ticker! Ifeel okay, I think I'm so resigned to it now I can't be doing with getting upset anymore. No more tears left.
Hope you're all okay, I'm flying back over the pond tonight, SO excited to see H2B!!!

Thanks for the welcome :)

One thing I learned through my CVD is that life is too short to not be positive. That, and to go for your goals.

I'm happy to throw in with what I know about nutrition. I'm learning a lot about supplements that people are taking on this site so far and researching them as I have the time! :amartass:

Thanks for the welcome :)

One thing I learned through my CVD is that life is too short to not be positive. That, and to go for your goals.

I'm happy to throw in with what I know about nutrition. I'm learning a lot about supplements that people are taking on this site so far and researching them as I have the time! :amartass:

It's great to have u onboard ,:hugs::hugs:

Welcome :) Florida Girl sorry to read about your CVD earlier issues, if you have scope in your time please read the book The China Study by T Campbell.

Got nothing to report really Reb S, cycles are pretty stable, hovering up or down from the mean of 28 days so nothing new there, just age really and plugging on :) eating well, exercising and no alcahol etc. so giving the best chance that there is naturally.

Hello Heavenly and Florida girl and thanks for introducing yourselves! Good to have some new blood! Florida girl - wow, heart attack at 38, that's tough. You sound really positive, though and hey, we've got a friend on the thread who can help us with all our nutrition questions! Congrats on completing a masters - that must be tough.
Greens - how're you doing?
Oorwest - I can't believe it - another 2WW? That's poo.
Spoomster - your chart.....FX
AFM - the dear old Auntie Floanna showed up bang on schedule. That's one thing I'll give her. So, day 1 for me, please ignore the ticker! Ifeel okay, I think I'm so resigned to it now I can't be doing with getting upset anymore. No more tears left.
Hope you're all okay, I'm flying back over the pond tonight, SO excited to see H2B!!!

When I read others stories I feel really humbled to be moaning just because I've had to endure 2 tww's!!

Florida girl you are an inspiration...........Spoomie, my chart looks exactly like yours......FX for both of us!

Reb :hugs:

I have just said goodbye to H2B and won't see him now for another month :cry:

I'm hoping that when I see him again we can have a little celebration, fx fx fx fx :flower:

Hope you all had a good weekend :coffee:

Reb and Oorwe........, thanks so much for positive reinforcements. I must say that temp rise today was unexpected, I'm preparing for it to plummet tomorrow, can't see why it would do any other at this stage of ttc (!) guarding my heart......xx Reb, so sorry that evil one showed up, last natural cycle done, are you ready for the emotional roller coaster? Be brave and be strong, we are here xxx

Florida Girl, welcome. I too think you are amazing to be so positive.

Oorwe,spoomie,fixed for you both ,great charts ,wen will u test?:hugs::hugs:

LOL I'm a big scaredy cat.....I desperately want to test but so scared to see a :bfn: :blush:

I am going to wait till Thursday but I'm getting really crampy and have a sore back (very low down) so don't know what to think :wacko:

Spoomie, :dust: for you when you test.....hoping it's a :bfp: for ya xxxx

Sorry to be such a downer ladies, but I'm not even considering testing. Been here before, I'm certain it was a freak rogue temperature and all will be corrected tomorrow :nope: Getting excited at 11dpo is just too risky for me, the emotional investment is too great and the down too harsh. Wishing good things to you all xxx

Well, I am thinking good thoughts for you ladies!!

I'm inside on a fricking gorgeous day marking papers online. GRRRRRR.

I think I joined a group just in time...

I had some bleeding after sex tonight so got right online and read up about IB. I'm 7dpo and our timing was great this month (BD day before and day of O) so I'm holding back from getting excited about IB because my temp also dropped below coverline today. But... I woke up 1.5 hours later than usual and adjusted my temp so now I don't know if I should trust the temp reading or the IB!

Waiting another 3 or so days to test is going to be so difficult!

Sorry to be such a downer ladies, but I'm not even considering testing. Been here before, I'm certain it was a freak rogue temperature and all will be corrected tomorrow :nope: Getting excited at 11dpo is just too risky for me, the emotional investment is too great and the down too harsh. Wishing good things to you all xxx

I know exactly were you are coming from lovely ,but still sending u lots of love and good vibes ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think I joined a group just in time...

I had some bleeding after sex tonight so got right online and read up about IB. I'm 7dpo and our timing was great this month (BD day before and day of O) so I'm holding back from getting excited about IB because my temp also dropped below coverline today. But... I woke up 1.5 hours later than usual and adjusted my temp so now I don't know if I should trust the temp reading or the IB!

Waiting another 3 or so days to test is going to be so difficult!

Have everything fixed for you lovely ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My update....FFF has adjusted my O date again for the second time during 2WW. She now insists I ovulate, ed on cd12 again, thus making me 13dpo nowbut I think she's wrong! Chart giving away nothing, but in truth, I'm just not feeling it, beyond having to get up to pee in the night for the past 3 nights! Nothing else, zero, zilch. TTC is just sooooo draining! Happy day ladies.

Sam, open the window at least and sit in the sun??

Reb, big hug, hope you're home safely now x

FloridaGirl, we like it when people only pay a short visit, crossing it all for you

Oorwe.....hope things are good for you, just checked out your chart, holding its own, but not giving up its secrets yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->