TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I am not a runner but I power walk between five and seven miles at night ,I started about a year ago and had lost three stone but have put a stone on since my loss ,:nope:,but am trying like mad to get back into shape for xmas ,it's so hard wen u are feeling down to reach for the biscuit tin so am trying to eat loads of fruit instead :thumbup:It also has taken my mind off ttc ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:nope::nope::nope: Thanks for getting excited on my behalf ladies x

OH SHIT. Excuse my language. Dammit. That frickin hag. You seem okay, though, Spoomie, which is good. How's the running going? I'm signed up for a half-marathon in Feb. So trying to get going with that (ankle still black and blue, but not hurting--not entirely sure what to do about it other than ice and wrap). :hugs:

Sam, not so good, not so bad. I'm not running at the mo, trying to obey the acupuncturist, though I did say to DH this morning that I am a step closer to being a runner again, I hate this life of inactivity, it makes me miserable. Some of my supplements are finished, CBFM sticks all gone. I never thought I'd be leaving this quest unsuccessful but it sure as hell feels that way today. After 11 months of well timed bd (bar one when I ovulated early and we missed it) since my last mc, I just can't see how this is ever going to happen - I feel like the train must've left the station without me onboard. I try to remind myself of what I DO have rather than feel sorry for what I don't have, but ending the journey with a mc as the swan song makes it seem like such unfinished business, and that's the thing I find so difficult. Sorry to be such a miserable old bag.

Shame about your ankle, I know you don't want to hear this but it doesn't sound like it's ready to run on though. Annoyingly, the ankle is the slowest part of the body to heal because the blood supply is not great, or so a physio once told me. My advice would be to try to be patient or you could end up with other compensatory problems, at the very least make sure you warm it up really well before running. A half marathon sounds so appealing, my last one was May 2009, 9 months after my DS was born and getting back to fitness then was so easy compared to where I find myself now! Back then I was still running 10ks until I was 7 months pregnant, but now I wrap myself in cotton wool just because I've ovulated, and all to no avail!!! As I've said to you before, I know running will eventually be my salvation and I am thinking of attempting to get back on track in January, with a view to running a Spring marathon in 2013. Next step will be to phone my coach and then there'll be no backing out.....hhmmm, not managed that bit yet........xx

Oh bum. So sorry, Spoomie and Oorwie, what a shame. Poo. Piss. BUM.
You both sound quite good though, as Sam has said - wow, Spoomie, you've come a really long way in a year! And all this exercise talk - makes me feel like a couch potato, which I am. But went to the doc yesterday as my cough is still exploding and she said I've got a touch of asthma, so as soon as I am well again it's off to the pool with me to get my breath back. Sick of feeling rubbish.
And no decisions yet. It's the elephant in the room!
x

So sorry the hag caught you ladies :( Bloody witch has a sat nav, I'm sure of it :hugs:

I'm expecting her this month, She positively has me on lockdown, no ewcm at all in fact hardly anything, my cervix is probably drier than an Arabs sandal...I actually checked it a few times to make sure I still had one..I think I expected to find a shrivelled up old prune or something so was pleasantly surprised it was still the same :wacko:
I promised my other half that this time around, no obsessing and getting upset when the hag shows...think I may have had my fingers crossed (behind my back during said promise) This was meant to be a new start for us. When I think of the 3-4 years we gave up trying I often wonder what might have happened during that time if we'd have carried on. But as my granny would say, no good crying over spilt milk!

If I was still in my 20s it wouldn't be such a kick in the teeth but almost mid 40s that clock ticking away is becoming louder.. although a work friend informed me her mum gave birth to her younger brother when she was 51!! Natural conception, the lot! Pretty inspiring :)

I may go see my GP shortly to get some bloods and an internal scan done again, everything came back fine last time but that was 3 years ago I think, might be worth checking stuff out at least.
Praying for a "normalish" cycle and ovulation soon. My cycle is crap, I'm as weepy as hell Lol I even cried watching Sixth Sense earlier. Jeeze!

I'm so glad there is a 40s and over group here now, it's so nice to meet others on the same journey, although I wish we didn't have to be on it and things were nice and simple.
Hugs to you all x

Hi,

Just thought I would pop in, TTC with no2, I am 41 and have had 2 MMC in last 2 years both at 9 weeks.
Conceived son (who is now 6) within 2 months but then went into ovulation failure after having him. Took 4 years to start having any normal cylce again so giving it another go before it is too late.:thumbup:

Hi kaelia and booth, welcome! Kaelia, you made me laugh, no mean feat on cd1 x

Hi. I just joined today and not even sure how to subscribe to this thread..lol...maybe this will post.

Im 41 and decided to try to conceive for the first time this year. Oct. was my first IUI and today is 14dpiui and so far, no AF.

Before my IUI, my FSH test came back a 9.5, which my doc said was normal. Always had 28 day clockwork cycles, but took clomid 50 mg for five days to make some amazing follicles. Ultrasound on CD 13 revealed three beauties, measuring 23, 25 and 32 so doc triggered me and scheduled IUI for next day ( CD 14 ). Would have been my natural ovulation day anyway, so all was the same.

First week after - ordinary. Closer to the end of the ttw though, I have seen odd things (for me). Nipples way more sore than regular AF boob bloating. I have never cramped except for day-of AF, but this time I have cramped for three days before AF was expected, and with full blown cramps like I was going to start any second. Today is 14 days past IUI, no AF, and BFN tonight.

I guess it boils down to either AF will show and the 4 days of pre-mentral cramps will remain a mystery, or AF won't show and I will HAVE to test positive at some point. Am I on track?

Hello all newbies, how nice to see you!
Sorry, just quick post to say no IVF for me - have got possible pneumonia, so it's off the cards this month. Off to bed for a few days xx

Reb, so sorry to hear. Every cloud.....it was while taking 16 antibiotics a day recovering from pneumonia that I got the positive test for my DS - the only one of my 4 pregnancies to be successful, so I see pneumonia as a good omen!!! On the downside, I remember the terrible pain in my ribs and my shoulder and there's no way I could've played the cello (not that I can when I'm well either, but you know what I mean). I really hope you make a speedy recovery xxx

Reb: Oh hon. So sorry to hear that. Feel better!!

Spoomie: I know what you mean about the running and ttc thing. We're built to believe that with the right amount/kind of discipline, the right diet, the right timing, the right supplements, the right advice, we can reach our goal. The thing with getting and staying pregnant is that it is, pure and simple, a miracle. There's no way to force a miracle. And that breaks my heart, but it's true. I'm glad that you sound so strong. It was a process getting to the letting go place. I'm not 100% there, but I figure that my best odds of having the miracle happen to me is to sign up for a half-marathon, because that would be sod's law. . . I think. Grabbing at straws here.

AFM: Woke up in the middle of the night with a horrid headache. My house is freezing this morning. Is it any wonder that my temps are all over the place? Just a few days ago, I was sleeping on top of the sheets, with the ceiling fan on. Last night I pulled two blankets up over me and still was wishing I had the duvet on. Brrrrrr. CBFM still saying "high," which I find quite odd. Oh well. Time will tell, right?

Hi all :)
Reb sorry to hear your poorly, wishing you a speedy recovery!

I had a mooch around on the web last night and decided to check lunar charts, took me a while to get my head around them but I figured out going by the moon phase at present, I had Ov'd 3 days ago. I was slightly dubious as FF said I hadn't...well until I put in my BBT today and Bam! Got my crosshairs and it said I was 3 DPO. It totally mirrored my lunar chart. I was amazed! They say small things please small minds though eh? :)
I have had a booming headache all night and while I was in the bath, noticed bruise like pain at the top of my left breast..well slightly above, more on my chest. No bruise there but some veins. Just under that there were a couple of lumps, freaked me out a little to be honest so keeping a close eye on them for now. It may be something to do with Ov as I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt prior to Ov. Mebbe it's hormonal stuff. Trying not to worry too much at the moment, I have often had gland issues in my breasts and they have been lumpy in the past, who knows.

Well back to work tomorrow night well 3 night shifts in a row, my BBTs are pretty screwed doing them but trying to wing it by taking temps after I wake in the afternoon on the weekends.

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend x

If I O on my usual day I am bang on target for conception and a girl this month according to my Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar!!!

If I O on my usual day I am bang on target for conception and a girl this month according to my Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar!!!

Bring it on, Miss C! We need some action on this board! :hugs:

Sam - Oh I am getting action alright, started recording my bd now for FF, esn so far and now I got ewcm today so it's onto daily until the +ive opk and then morning and night when we get that one!!

Yup I agree we seriously need some action over here.

Glowie how's little glowie coming along, you must have a nice sized bump by now?

Bella cramping before AF and then no AF could be implantation, I had it last BFP big time, so sure witch was revving up her broomstick and was so surprised when we got the 2nd line on the frer.

Kaelia, my boobs are sacks of coal post O, so freaking sore it's stupid then when the witch rocks up they go all soggy again! And be careful with bathing, make sure you don't raise your core temperature as that can have a big effect on implantation in the tww. I love my baths but now only have them when the witch is here.

Well the only action I can give is that I'm still in the TWW... I had IB on 7dpo and I am still having symptoms (light spotting, light cramping, sore boobs) but still getting that BFN on FRER every morning. I'm only 12dpo right now but feeling so impatient! I just want to know already! LOL!

Ohhh, I took a hot bath during my TWW... I hope that isn't going to mess up this little one that's trying to stick! Live and learn. I thought there was something about baths but I had such a crap day that day and so needed one.

So... my only action is practicing my patience and trying to calm the obsessive side of my personality...

Hi All,

Well the docs rung me today and where able to squeeze me in this afternoon, I think i saw the most whackiest doc there lol

She was more concerned about my headaches than anything else checked my eyes, did a urine sample to ensure i didnt have an infection as i am weeing alot and checked blood pressure and that was it, then told me to do another test and if it was still a BFN then to do another in 10 days time and if that was neg then to make another appointment and they MIGHT run some hormone tests as then i will be 2 months late if AF doesnt show next Friday.

She was just really whacky lol

Oh well the wait continues ............

Hi Ladies how have you all been ??

Well I've been back to the whacky doc as AF still not here :-( 2 months since last one
did a HPT yesterday as doc asked and was a BFN so all that DTD this month didnt get that egg (if I released one that is but had lots of EWCM so who knows)

This time round she was not so whacky as last time and has ordered a heap of tests including a HCG blood as she said more and more women are not showing on HPT these days apparently very common......had the bloods taken and urine sample this afternoon and will get the results back on Tuesday afternoon, so will post an update then.

Just wish these headaches would disappear as they are starting to get me down.
Ohhh well wheres the paracetamol as heads pounding again........

Well ladies, I'm out for this month. AF reared her ugly head this morning. Full on flow. I'm sad and confused because of all the signs (IB and temp dip, cramping, spotting, fatigue, tender breasts). All I can figure is that I was prego and it didn't stick.

On one hand, that makes me a little sadder; but on the other hand it's further than we've gotten in the past 8 cycles of trying so it's reassurance that we can get an egg fertilized... now we just have to get one to stick too.

Back to CD1 and more determined to make this work this month!!

Well ladies, I'm out for this month. AF reared her ugly head this morning. Full on flow. I'm sad and confused because of all the signs (IB and temp dip, cramping, spotting, fatigue, tender breasts). All I can figure is that I was prego and it didn't stick.

On one hand, that makes me a little sadder; but on the other hand it's further than we've gotten in the past 8 cycles of trying so it's reassurance that we can get an egg fertilized... now we just have to get one to stick too.

Back to CD1 and more determined to make this work this month!!

Hey Florida,

:hugs::hugs: don't be sad :flower: :hugs::hugs:

See you in the November thread :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back