TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Thanks so much for all the lovely thoughts ladies. I'm still a bit gob smacked. :hugs:

Hello Ladies and huge congratulations Nise, so happy for you :flower:

Sadly my news is not so great :cry:
As some of you know my DD is expecting her first baby, all seemed to be going well until just over a week ago when she went for her dating scan.
They diagnosed the baby with Fetal Hydrops, in my daughters case the hydrops was severe and is generalized. The lungs, heart, brain abdomen and spine of the baby are surrounded by fluid.

We tried to keep our hopes up but she had an appointment to see a fetal medicine doctor last Monday and opted to have a CVS test done as they needed to know what was causing the Hydrops. The results came back on Weds and they told her the baby has Down Syndrome, we tried to stay positive as DS is not an issue for her and awaited a further appointment on Friday. It was then confirmed that the baby has fluid in the lungs, in the heart cavity and brain and will die in utero. They said the baby will have severe brain damage too.. We also found out she is having a little girl :cry:
My DD asked what the babies chances were if she did manage to carry full term..but as the Hydrops is so severe it is putting pressure on the vital organs and they feel the baby has zero chance of making it to term, if by some miracle it did, it would die within hours of birth.

We all haven't stopped crying, my daughter and her partner are distraught and I wish I could take away their pain. She is currently continuing with the pregnancy and will make a decision today. Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.

AFM. The news has had an impact on us TTC, for now we are taking some time off to support my DD and partner. We feel it would be incredibly unfair and selfish to continue at present.
I will be stalking this board and hoping all you lovely ladies get your BFPs and sticky beans, hopefully, I will join you one day in the future :)
Keeping FX for you all.
Hugs
Kae x

Sorry to read about your daughter's situation. It will be a tough time for her and her partner (and family to). Each of us are different in how we might handle that situation. The difficulty might be prolonging the decision in the hope that things might change or just be deffering the final grief to a later date in the journey. Perhaps the consultant will be able to give facts that will help them make any decision that they feel they need. It's about being in a place that you can rest with and accept going forward.

Kaelia, I'm so very sorry to hear of the heartbreaking news your DD is having to come to terms with, I can't begin to imagine how she is feeling and I wish you all much strength during this difficult time.

AFM - well, you've probably heard that I started bleeding on Friday, so my bfp happiness was short lived. I bled all day Friday, I would say medium flow and then very light thru Saturday and nothing at all today - so not sure what I should do about that. I saw my doctor last week to register, but she is away till after Christmas so it was a locum. Will call the surgery tomorrow.

Thanks for all your kind messages in my journal. :hugs:

Kaelia and Nise

You are both much in my thoughts and prayers. Life is so so hard sometimes and I feel for you both xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nise I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. Please do go get a check up. I really hope in your case that it's decidual bleeding. 2 days sounds very odd. Keeping you in my thoughts.

My DD has informed me that she and her OH have decided to have a medical termination. She gave it much thought and discussed it with her consultant and fetal medicines doctors, I totally respect her decision,all hope had been taken away from her.
Thanks for your concern ladies x

Kaelia, I'm so sad for your DD and you over this Christmas. I am sure she has made the right decision and I hope she is at peace over it. Much love to you all.
Nise, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. We all know stories of people who bled through 1st tri, so there is still hope. xxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs: to all who are going through heartbreak on this difficult journey. If only we could all have happy endings.

Nise and Kaelia - thinking of you both.

I always do think that the journey to get a baby in your arms is nothing short of miraculous and we have to hope we all get another chance to achieve it........

Gaf x

Oh my goodness, I've just been catching up. Kaelia, my thoughts are with you, your daughter and your whole family at this seemingly impossible difficult time. :hugs:

Nise, talk about highs then lows. Like everyone else here's hoping that the two day bleed wasn't any more serious, it does seem odd that it was only 2 days so there is definitely hope! Fingers and toes crossed!:hugs:

Miss C...looking forward to hearing from you on your scan!!! :D

We got a live wire here, measuring 28mm with a hb of 167bpm. Ziggy was wriggling and bouncing all over the place so much so it took ages for correct measurements etc waiting for a moment of still!!

Nise honey there are no words I know just know we are all thinking of you. Is it certain it's all over and wasn't an IB?

Kaelia my heart goes out to you and your daughter and your whole family too. I firmly believe the correct decision has been made. Life is hard enough without putting a little one through the traumas of lifelong complications and illnesses etc etc. I have friends with a down baby who is now 16 years old and has 25 surgeries under his belt to date. They have had to sell everything and move from the country to the city to be closer to the hospital and their elder daughter has had a back seat nearly all her life. Of course we all love him but should the hard decisions have been made earlier this poor boy would not have lived this life/existence.

Booth how are you travelling?

Spoomie my twin my lovely you are in my heart everyday and hope that you join me soon, as do I all of you maybe we can get some New Year bfp's.

May Santa deliver some extra special baby dust to you all. Thank you all for 2011 it has been a very rough ride on so many levels and you have all gotten me through it thus far.

Great news, Miss C. Wish Ziggy a happy Christmas! x

Fab news Miss C! You've been through the mill this year and so deserve this happiness!

Wonderful news Miss C, So happy to hear Ziggy doing so well and thanks for your kind words x

My little grand-daughter was born sleeping yesterday afternoon. My daughter and partner spent several hours with her. The hospital are taking pics of her and a print of her little footprints. They are making a memory box for my DD to collect at her next appointment. They gave her the little angel blanket the baby was wrapped in to take home with her. They have been wonderful and so supportive. This has been a tough ride for both DD and her OH but the support they recieved has been excellent.

Thank you all so much for your concern and I hope 2012 is a better year for us all xx

Kaelia, my thought are with you and all your family at this difficult time xx

Miss C - just bumping along, have decided against early scan this time, had early scan at 7 weeks last time and found all not right so had to wait another week to find the bad news and eventually lost at 9 weeks. We have therfore decided to wait for dating scan at hopefully 12 weeks and then got for NT testing. Only another 5 weeks to go!!!

Wishing everyone a happy healthy Christmas and hope we all get the gift we wish for in 2012xx

Kaelia, I'm so sorry for your DD's loss. It sounds as though the hospital have been wonderful and I hope that you all have peace over CHristmas x
Booth - keeping my fingers crossed for your next five weeks x

AFM - ANOTHER of my college friends got pregnant immediately without any fuss. Life is just not fair and the sooner I recognise that, the easier it will be. Sorry for the lack of Christmas sentiment, I just seem to get more angry about it all at the moment. My baby should be 7 months old this Christmas - not easy. Oh well, have lovely H2B and young hound. Sorry for me post. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->