TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Kaelia, I'm so sorry for your DD's loss. It sounds as though the hospital have been wonderful and I hope that you all have peace over CHristmas x
Booth - keeping my fingers crossed for your next five weeks x

AFM - ANOTHER of my college friends got pregnant immediately without any fuss. Life is just not fair and the sooner I recognise that, the easier it will be. Sorry for the lack of Christmas sentiment, I just seem to get more angry about it all at the moment. My baby should be 7 months old this Christmas - not easy. Oh well, have lovely H2B and young hound. Sorry for me post. xxx

Bless you my dear friend. Certain aspects of life are cr*p. I only commented to DH this afternoon how different life would be if we had an excitable 3 year old and a 6 month old baby too. I'd be loving it that I was too exhausted to speak! I'm sure that i sound dammed ungrateful, I;m really not, because I am so so blessed by my beautiful 3 year old DS, but that doesn't take the pain away. Life is cruel and we will never forget our lost babies. Thinking of you this Christmas and praying for good things for you in 2012 xxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello Spoomie!!! Nice to have you back, we miss you! Sorry I was gloomy yesterday - an old schoolfriend giving birth and an old college friend getting BFP was a bit much over Christmas! Never mind, happy Christmas everyone! Our dog is bouncing around with his new toy wagging his tail so life is not so bad!
Hoping everyone has a very happy holiday and a BFP from Santa! x

Miss C, thank you for your kind message and I am absolutely delighted to hear you had a fantastic scan day, sounds like your little Ziggy Bean is full of beans!

AFM - well, it is all over. The Midwife rang on Friday to book me in - she told me take another test which I did yesterday, definitely over!. Not really feeling the Christmas cheer at the mo but trying to take some comfort in the fact I can still conceive and hope its still not to late.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and may all your dreams come true in 2012. :hugs:

Dear Nise, so sad to hear your confirmation but thinking of you and as you say - you CAN do it.
Happy Christmas, one and all xxx

Hello Ladies,
I'm back! We made it to almost 18 weeks but the baby had Trisomy 18 and brain didn't develop so we had a D& E done and it was a week before Christmas. I am at a loss as what to do. I don't know if I should end this baby journey or continue one more time...I am kinda afraid too since having 2 MC then this happen. I will also be turning in January 44 so I'm kinda freaking out...

Oh Garnet I am so so very sorry for you, that is just devastating news. We have our NT scan next week and I am crapping myself. Did your Nuchal show any indicators that this would happen or is it something that won't show until later. I am sorry for asking the questions and please don't worry about answering if you don't want to talk about I will totally understand. It is my biggest fear right now, having tried fr so long and hard to get pregnant to have to end it all is just unbearable. As for your trying again, when you are ready you will know the answer. Maybe do something now in preparation for an affirmative like taking CoQ10. Again hugs darling and I am so sorry, hormones I know but I have tears running down my face as I type this.

Hello Ladies,
I'm back! We made it to almost 18 weeks but the baby had Trisomy 18 and brain didn't develop so we had a D& E done and it was a week before Christmas. I am at a loss as what to do. I don't know if I should end this baby journey or continue one more time...I am kinda afraid too since having 2 MC then this happen. I will also be turning in January 44 so I'm kinda freaking out...

Only u will know the answer huni to that question ,I am Also 44 and have had my fair amount of losses but I do believe in my heart that I will hold a little one again ,:hugs:Again I am so very sorry for your loss ,it's just so hard ,I carried my l.o to 19 weeks and had to give birth and my heart was broke but the sheer will and determination to have another baby has always pushed me on ,love and prayers for you and your oh ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just want to send hugs to all you ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

For those who are waiting for BFPs I hope you get a sticky one in 2012, for those what have theirs I wish you a H&H 9 months and pray that they are sticky ones. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I believe I am out for this month so I am done, this was indeed the last month for me. It feels somewhat sad to think that I will never have any children or grandchildren but I guess I just have to move on and accept what is. I will still be around on a few threads but need to cut it down to only a couple so that I can keep up with things as I will not be on so much from the new year.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh no, Garnet, I am so so upset for you. So sorry my dear, I don't know what to say. My heart is broken for you xxxxxx
Butterfly, please stick around for the support. We've treasured yours on this difficult journey and I hugely respect your decision to move on - I wish I was able to do the same. xxxxxxx
Garnet - in my thoughts and my heart, you and your OH x

Oh Garnet I am so so very sorry for you, that is just devastating news. We have our NT scan next week and I am crapping myself. Did your Nuchal show any indicators that this would happen or is it something that won't show until later. I am sorry for asking the questions and please don't worry about answering if you don't want to talk about I will totally understand. It is my biggest fear right now, having tried fr so long and hard to get pregnant to have to end it all is just unbearable. As for your trying again, when you are ready you will know the answer. Maybe do something now in preparation for an affirmative like taking CoQ10. Again hugs darling and I am so sorry, hormones I know but I have tears running down my face as I type this.

Miss C: The first indication was when we did the triple screening blood test! It indicated that I was 1/10 in having trisomy 18 and we weren't really worried about it because it was only at that time 10% chance and I had other friends who came up 1/6 for Trisomy 21 so my husband said we should not worry about it. Well we went on to 16 weeks and there were two markers that the Doctor was concerned about Brain had major cyst on it and hands were clenched.. So that afternoon I had a Amnio done and it came back two days with a prelimary indicating the my baby boy Taylor had T18. We did another scan and it definaetly was not developing so we went ahead and made the decision to do a D&E. I know it is worrisome to those who are older but this was a fluke and there are other who a 40++ who go on to have healthy babies....Think postive and it will be okay!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Garnet, I'm so very very sorry to read your news. Such a difficult decision for you and your OH to make and so bloody unfair. My heart goes out to you and I wish you both much strength. I agree with the others, you will know in time what to do. :hugs:

Butterfly, I'm sorry to hear that you may be leaving us but I hope that you'll be back with a bfp - another statistic for the over 40's who thought they couldn't get pg coz they were to old! I love it that we are next to teenagers in unplanned pregnancy category. :hugs:

Miss C I will be thinking of you and hoping with all my might your scan news is good. You certainly deserve it.

AFM - well, I'm not ready to give up yet - so onwards and upwards. Here's to it girls. :hugs:

Garnet and Nise, sorry to hear your news.

Butterfly, I hope you find peace in your decision.

Miss C, fingers crossed for all good news.

You ladies are the only reason I even log into this website anymore, to be honest. I am hoping and praying for you all to reach your desired destinations and may you all find what you are looking for.

:hugs:

Nise ,I am so happy to hear u are carrying on. Good luck to you sweetie ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Bf ,will always have u in my thoughts and prayers and hope u can still come to see us or your situation changes ,u are a lovely lady and if prayers and wishing from us could give u a baby u would have had one already ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dear Garnet, so so sorry to hear your devestating news, my heart goes out to you and your darling little one. Your pain must be immense and I pray you find the strength to go on, whatever path you decide to take on this arduous and difficult journey. Sending you much love :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Hello :)
Garnet, so sorry for your loss. It must have been so difficult for you and your family. Nise, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. For those that dont know me, i started this thread ages ago and so happy people have kept it going. When you are 40 plus, you need all the support from those similar in age. Want to wish everyone goodluck in 2012 and beyond. Please remember that i had my baby at 43 and concieved naturally, so it can be done. She is now 7 months and i treasure every second with her. x

Hey MO5 - how lovely to see a post from you and how gorgeous is your little girlie. Good luck to you to in 2012 may you and yours have many happy years ahead. :hugs:

What a lovely Pic, mum of - six, isn't it?! It's so nice to see our founder returning!

ha ha..yeh it is mum of six!!!!!! Although my first three have all flown the nest!!! Goodluck to everyone and i hope you have a fantastic night to welcome the new year in. As you can imagine lol...after a day in my house, i will be sleeping!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->